SV OU KINO DER TOTEN - SV OU Anti-Fat Darkspam [Peaked #61, 1874]

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
OP stolen from Evie

:sv/deoxys-speed::sv/roaring moon::sv/darkrai::sv/kingambit::sv/volcarona::sv/ogerpon-wellspring:

Introduction
I love SV OU but I don't build nearly as much as I should because I get bored along the building process, but in my sleep deprived state at 3 AM I managed to build and test an entire team that ended up being usable :blobuwu:. I am in no way a perfect builder so I want advice on my building process and the entire team in general.

Proof of Peak
1000020407.png

Building Process

:roaring moon::Darkrai::Kingambit:

This team started with all three of Roaring Moon, Darkrai, and Kingambit. Taunt Roaring Moon and Black Glasses Kingambit is an excellent core into fat teams, effortlessly breaking through Skarm, Corv, Dondozo, and Alomomola. Sash Darkrai can get huge chip on Zamazenta and lure in Iron Valiant with Sash/Tera so that my Roaring Moon and Kingambit can sweep, Bad Dreams punishes Dondozo heavily as a bonus because this team is meant to destroy fat, while Kingambits that try to absorb its +2 Dark Pulse take a ton of chip damage and then lose to my Jolly Kingambit late game because of my speed and HP advantage.

:Glimmora::roaring moon::Darkrai::Kingambit:

My core was very geared towards HO, so Glimmora was chosen because it's a very consistent lead with rocks and it can Pgem landos that brainlessly antilead me to win with Roaring Moon and Kingambit. Not much to say though, it's a hazard lead after adding 3 setup mons.

:Glimmora::roaring moon::Darkrai::Kingambit::Volcarona:

Volcarona's role compression is mandatory here, as the team desperately needs answers to Iron Valiant, ID Zamazenta, Enamorus, Great Tusk, and Raging Bolt. Volcarona fills all of those checkboxes while not letting up pressure, it does lose to fatter teams but my team has an oppressive matchup into them already so it doesn't matter.

:Glimmora::roaring moon::Darkrai::Kingambit::Volcarona::Ogerpon-Wellspring:

Ogerpon Wellspring is similar to Volcarona, it offers amazing defensive utility while not letting up pressure. A well timed Encore can save this team from an otherwise lost game while Embody Aspect provides additional emergency utility vs mons like Valiant and Volcarona.

:Deoxys-Speed::roaring moon::Darkrai::Kingambit::Volcarona::Ogerpon-Wellspring:

Glimmora was underperforming as a lead and my team was too slow, with mons like dual status pult, aoa zama, and lucky booster tusk's ravaging through my team. Deoxys Speed provided much needed speed control while getting hazards more consistently and performing way better midgame, so it was kept in the current version.

Team Members

:sv/Deoxys-speed:
MKULTRA (Deoxys-Speed) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 200 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower

Deoxys-Speed is one of two leads on this team. Ensuring that Stealth Rock goes up is very important against Stall teams as otherwise Dondozo+Hydrapple will always win bar hax. 56 Speed EVs allow it to outsped +1 / Booster Speed Great Tusk and OHKO it with a Psycho Boost, Taunt denies hazards and recovery/setup moves, Superpower is my coverage move of choice with Tera Fighting and Life Orb to slam Dark-types with a powerful coverage move, however Focus Blast, Timid, and HP investment can be used if you feel lucky.

:sv/Roaring Moon:
SUPERCHARGED MOTOR (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

Roaring Moon is usually an earlygame wallbreaker due to how common methods of revenge killing it are, although it can sweep on occasion. Taunt+Knock Off beats down walls like Skarmory, Dondozo, and Corviknight for Kingambit to clean up late game. Missing Earthquake might seem bad but this team loves Kingambit being chipped for Darkrai and your own Kingambit and it has Flame Body Volc + Tera Fight + Encore Wellspring to ensure Kingambit doesn't run away with the game.

:sv/Darkrai:
BLOODY RANGE ROVER (Darkrai) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Darkrai is my secondary lead + wallbreaker, Focus Sash can be easily maintained vs any team without Hisuian Samurott thanks to Deoxys Speed, allowing it to survive hits from Valiant and Zama before retaliating with Sludge Bomb. Tera Poison gives Fighting and Fairy resists which are vital to the team functioning. Just like Deoxys Speed, Focus Blast can be run over Ice Beam if you feel lucky, although the accuracy sucks and I feel you never need the extra power vs Kingambit and Ting-Lu so I prefer Ice Beam to hit Tusk harder.

:sv/Kingambit:
SHOPPING SPREE (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Kingambit is the King of OU for a reason, and is this teams main sweeper. Black Glasses gives it enough power to break Dondozo after Roaring Moon does its job while powering up Sucker Punch, while Tera Flying is used for defensive purposes because Tera Dark is overkill on the balance/stall counterteam. Jolly ruins opposing Kingambit and IronPress birds. Sucker Punch provides amazing utility, idt Gambit needs much explaining on darkspam of all archetypes.

:sv/Volcarona:
HEARTBROKEN (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Morning Sun

Volcarona provides a natural Fairy and Fighting resist while sometimes 6-0ing certain offenses as Volc does. Tera Dragon lets it setup on Heatran, OHKO Gouging Fire and Raging Bolt with boosts, and can destroy certain sun structures which are threatening to my team. I haven't experimented with different EVs or Tera types however, so it may not be optimal.

:sv/Ogerpon-Wellspring:
TWO DOOR PORSCHE (Ogerpon-Wellspring) (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Encore

Importable: https://pokepast.es/63ece9bc2dcb4db1

Shoutouts

Bella very cool, unfortunately not an ou main :mad:
viivian very cool and an ou main (!!!)
Magcargo MagcarGOAT
FayaWizard has helped me build other teams and given good advice on others too, carries the rates on smogcord
matte leng loi help me host Lure That Threat and Pokemon Matchmaking respectively.
OU QC, everyone is easy to work with and very knowledgeable
OU Council for making this goated tier
Various OU mod teams for trusting me with Chatterbox, Ladybug, QC, and VR Council​

This is a cool team and congrats on the peak.

Hot take on Bulkarona EV spread:

Swap HP & Def 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 Spe

I think Volcarona is a rare case of bucking conventional EV wisdom. Volcarona has decent base HP and SpDef but very poor phys Def. Swapping them nets about 10% more physical bulk and you aren’t noticeably losing the ability to set up on Special attackers by doing this.

heya veti, i barely post anymore on smogon, but i just wanted to say that i'm very proud of you! i've seen you grow as a player and am glad you can finally see the fruits of your hard work.

somehow you to post the rmt like 4h after you DM'd me abt it while typing all of it on a phone so uhh :worrywhirl: wtf do less smogon?

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Ogerpon needs no explanation because she’s just that good
Jokes aside, this is a cool team! Might actually try this out on OU ladder for a bit
I must've accidentally deleted it because I did have one :worrywhirl:

heya veti, i barely post anymore on smogon, but i just wanted to say that i'm very proud of you! i've seen you grow as a player and am glad you can finally see the fruits of your hard work.

somehow you to post the rmt like 4h after you DM'd me abt it while typing all of it on a phone so uhh :worrywhirl: wtf do less smogon?
Yeah, crazy to think that in august I was hardstuck 1200/1300 before picking up exotic64's sandy shocks HO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)