Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
hell yeah

sadly in true Game Freak fashion its base form's stats are the exact average of Latios and Latias's stats (80/85/85/120/120/110) making it slightly worse than both of them
However it gets "As One" for Levitate and Sharpness, the former because it's above anyone questioning it and the latter because They-Slash-Them.

While I do think many Kalos Pokemon should get Megas, I also wouldn't mind to see other gens get new Megas too, like each gen get at least one new Mega. While Kalos mons lacking Mega was an issue, the most prominent issue with Mega was not many mundane Pokemon got Mega while probably too few popular/good Pokemon got it. And that's not covering the other issues Mega Evolution had like, since only one Pokemon can Mega Evolve, and all Mega got a +100 BST no matter their stats, it means Pokemon which were already good that got a Mega were the only ones used (or the ones which got OP Abilities). I like Mega Evolution but I agree it's a mechanic which needs some improvements and hopefully they'll at least try addressing the issues.

Considering 100% is already using 5 cores I don't think we'll see a 200%... BUT I wouldn't write off new forms. I joked about a 75% form, but honestly that's probably the only place they can go. If I were designing it, I would actually make two 75% forms and have them be Zygarde either mimicking or more directly countering Xerneas and Yveltal; and justify it by saying in-lore the 75% forms have 3 cores operating it.

Also I don't see Zygarde getting a Mega but can for Xerneas and Zygarde Yveltal, maybe justifying the reason for two new Zygarde forms.
I could see them going with this as an inverse of ORAS with another "Trio Master CONTROLS trio members" dynamic that also involved new forms to remarket old mons. Where Groudon and Kyogre had "innate" forms (in that they didn't overlap a "one only" mechanic) that Rayquaza matched via a Mega, Zygarde pulls in more power to assume a natural form that deals with Full-Power/Mega Xerneas and Yveltal (just make its ability turn the Auras into Resists to deal with the Fairy part, Terapagos gives precedent for hard-coding a SE/NVE modifier).

Also the Toriyama mention (Rest In Peace you glorious dude) reminds me of my friends and I long joking about Zygarde being Perfect Cell, so maybe take the Complete form further and turn into a "Super Perfect" form on fainting, even if it's an Eternamax style "only to boss battle" form.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I think Xerneas and Yveltal will get SOMETHING, but it might not necessarily be new forms. Ho-oh and Lugia got unique themes in HGSS, and while not mascot legends the Sinnoh starters in PLA borrowed the signature moves from other Hisui originals as well as making them the trio you face with Giratina in Path of Solitude. My point is that there's other avenues to emphasize and celebrate important Pokemon upon revisit besides new forms

I said it before and I'll say it again: we are 100% not getting a new Zygarde form, but we may get Xerneas-Complete and Yveltal-Complete.

A new Zygarde form literally just would not make sense. There is 4, and the best one is called Complete. While Legends Arceus is of course about Arceus (who got no new form, I should add), the creation trio all got Origin to follow with Giratina, which was themed with Arceus in mind.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I said it before and I'll say it again: we are 100% not getting a new Zygarde form, but we may get Xerneas-Complete and Yveltal-Complete.

A new Zygarde form literally just would not make sense. There is 4, and the best one is called Complete. While Legends Arceus is of course about Arceus (who got no new form, I should add), the creation trio all got Origin to follow with Giratina, which was themed with Arceus in mind.
There's always the option of fusion.

If there's new Zygardes it'd probably be if it's the "companion" Pokemon we use to get around. 10% works for running around but we'd probably want a 25% (or whatever) form for flying around.

Otherwise yeah it probably gets a pass unless things get freaky at the climax

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah, we've reached the "talking in circles about hypotheticals" stage now. Known knowns about this game (its name, release year and general setting) are exhausted as conversation topics. Known unknowns (what new Megas, if any?) are fruitless to speculate about since we can't verify which speculations have any merit - we're throwing spaghetti at the wall without being able to see what sticks. Unknown knowns (stuff in the trailer that technically has a meaning, but makes no sense without context) will by definition not make any sense before we know more. And finally, Unknown unknowns can be practically anything. So let's wait for Game Freak to put a little more paint on the canvas before we discuss it again, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)