February - March 7* Raids: Tera Ground Venusaur, Tera Steel Blastoise, and Tera Dragon Charizard

The notes just say it's a rerun of the original event so I think it will be completely unaltered and exists purely because they wanted to run the starters together for Pokemon Day & to allow anyone who didn't get it the first time to have a chance.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The notes just say it's a rerun of the original event so I think it will be completely unaltered and exists purely because they wanted to run the starters together for Pokemon Day & to allow anyone who didn't get it the first time to have a chance.
Wow, ok. Well, then this is gonna be a monty haul dungeon for Herba Mystica and candy farmers!

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I went with Volcarona to solo this. Basically the Delphox that was mentioned earlier, but without needing a former event/many league points.

Volcarona :Volcarona: @ Shell Bell :Shell Bell:
Tera Fire
252+ SpA, 72 SpD, 184 Speed
Fiery Dance
Struggle Bug
Quiver Dance
Sunny Day

Turn 1 Sunny Day, Turn 2 Struggle Bug, Turn 3 Quiver Dance, Turn 4 and 5 Struggle Bug, Turn 6 Sunny Day*, then Tera-Fiery Dance until the reset.

Once Blastoise gets its first reset, I made a convenience Struggle Bug that was not really needed.
When I got resetted, I used Quiver Dance to outspeed Blastoise after Shell Smash. In theory. In practice, I forgot to hyper-train my Pokémon, so I used two Quiver Dances instead.
Then sun-boosted Fiery Dances until the end.

I was afraid about Hydro Pump doing a lot of damages, and it turned out I tanked better than expected. Even without the Hyper Training. Even with Blastoise hitting every single Hydro Pump every single turn (it didn't use any other move).

* Unless you have 30 HP or less. Then you need the recovery from Tera-Fiery Dance first. Should not happen unless extreme bad luck.

The note about Charizard specifically says it will have the same stats and moves, so I think it's still possible they could update its reward pool to be consistent.

As a sidenote, the Switch news/Nintendo.com article about these raids alternates between calling these "The Mightiest X" and "A Mighty X" and I'm not sure what it's meant to be. Pokemon has always called them the latter instead but they have the Mightiest Mark and there's only one of them so the former makes more sense, and then ingame they're just called the Unrivaled as their mark title.
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/c...-festivities-including-news-about-a-new-game/
1710077049099.png

Pretty unorthodox Inkay solo for Blastoise taking advantage of Contrary. It turns out thanks to Blastoise putting up its shield at 98% time after the 99% Withdraw, you can barely mash in a Skill Swap before the shield goes up if you don't have an Intimidate NPC.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn’t do Charizard initially (didn’t have the gain then)—

Assuming it does drop Herba Mystica though, which is the easier farm? The Charizard or the current Blastoise?

I don’t really care about mightiest mark so if Blastoise is the easier solo I’ll pass on Zard

I didn’t do Charizard initially (didn’t have the gain then)—

Assuming it does drop Herba Mystica though, which is the easier farm? The Charizard or the current Blastoise?

I don’t really care about mightiest mark so if Blastoise is the easier solo I’ll pass on Zard
I feel like both are equally mindless for solo clears if you're comparing the Gallade setup to a Fairy of choice, but assuming the boss is unchanged, Charizard has less health, doesn't reset debuffs after its T0 Overheat, and you can start doing significant damage/building tera before the shield goes up, so probably Charizard. But I would wait until after it's released to compare them if anything changes.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like both are equally mindless for solo clears if you're comparing the Gallade setup to a Fairy of choice, but assuming the boss is unchanged, Charizard has less health, doesn't reset debuffs after its T0 Overheat, and you can start doing significant damage/building tera before the shield goes up, so probably Charizard. But I would wait until after it's released to compare them if anything changes.
Thanks Doipy! Sounds good—if Zara’s 25x is unchanged with Herba added, will for sure download Zard then

This is going to be the most free Herba farm in my life and I am going to relish every moment of it. Wonder how much harder we can clown on Zard now since we have 2 DLCs worth of additions this time.

Since an Azurill clear has already been done by someone else in the past, I figure I would pay my respects to Charizard with my best efforts of pulling off an Azumarill solo OHKO in 3 turns, this time with Play Rough showing accurate damage and not just a fake bugged OHKO.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Azumarill Atk Cheer Play Rough vs. -2 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Dragon Charizard: 6832-8041 (92 - 108.2% of 25x hp boss) -- 50% chance to OHKO

vlcsnap-2024-03-12-21h42m29s318.png
vlcsnap-2024-03-12-21h42m32s464.png

On the player's side you need to attack cheer, Belly Drum, and hit Play Rough (hitting a 90% hit and winning the coinflip on the damage roll), while the AI also needs to land 2 Leers in the 2 turns it gets. Technically if both Arcanine and Weavile exist in slot 2/3 to Leer on turn 1, a T2 OHKO is possible with a critical hit, but I'm not resetting for that realistically. Surviving 3 hits from Charizard is helped with it having imperfect accuracy moves to use against Fairy types, but a dodge (on T1) is still probably needed for taking the least damage before the defense cheer goes up and still having enough HP for Belly Drum. In this attempt I got a dodge, crit Hurricane T2 + Life Dew, and took a -1 Hurricane on T3 easily with the defense cheer. Other little things that annoyed me to reset for are Hurricane confusion and 22.5% random T0 Overheat hits.

vlcsnap-2024-03-12-21h43m02s445.png
vlcsnap-2024-03-12-21h42m39s619.png

Unfortunately Marill can't really pull this off to the same effect. I did try to get a regular OHKO, but the AI kept doing too much damage for it to be an OHKO/getting Charizard into the shield with all the defense drops, and I kept taking too much damage because I was invested in the wrong defense, but here's Marill defeating Charizard after a bad attempt anyway.
1710294437493.png
1710294443033.png

If you want to play with randoms, know that any debuffs do not get removed from zard. And his lack of boosting means you are very free to cripple him. Fast eerie impulse => you are very unlikely to lose. Light screen is a good alternative. Fake Tears, Mud Slap, and screech are also great since they stick around the whole game.

Like this, I’ve won supporting randos with azurill, pikachu, floragato, salazzle, electrode, scream tail, sandy shocks, golduck, and samurott. Very chill raid.

I'm farming Zards with the usual Flutter Mane strat. Mystical Fire to build Tera, Fake Tears since it's faster than CM, and then Tera Draining Kiss spam (boosted to 60 BP by Tera STAB plus healing in case of random Crits).

For documentation, https://stevecooktu.github.io/sv_raid_lookup/ confirms that Charizard starts doubling at a 50% rate after 40% HP/Sunny Day (the "second shield" rates). You also have 10 minutes, so even a death can be afforded before the shield goes up on time. The only big thing about Charizard is that its shield covers 40% of its HP, but it comes in so late that it doesn't really matter.

1710442723486.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)