Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
I made this comment months ago and I'm just going to throw it out there again so we get momentum especially after some of this dumb stuff gets banned. Ban Booster Energy
After thinking about it for a couple days I think this may be the best decision to make instead of just banning Raging Bolt and rebanning Roaring Moon. It'll also make mons like Iron Valiant and Iron Moth much easier to deal with while still keeping them viable.

On terapagos:

1. you can use a mono attacker or use aura sphere coverage to OHKO gambit/Tyranitar who otherwise give you trouble
2. Have experimented with rapid spin / rock polish. Rock polish is a little better generally if you have hazard removal support, rapid spin has utility with boots
3. Leftovers are good with a sub
4. Rest with a berry is viable to reset your hp before going stellar, that way you can get double multiscale benefits
5. You really need 2 calm mind boosts with hazards support to 6-0 teams

After thinking about it for a couple days I think this may be the best decision to make instead of just banning Raging Bolt rebanning Roaring Moon. It'll also make mons like Iron Valiant and Iron Moth much easier to deal with while still keeping them viable.
Sadly probably won't happen as people will bring up stuff like iron thorns or brute bonnet, as if they would ever be OU material ever. Could also mean that iron bundle is a tiny bit less broken, not enough to drop to OU, but going from "wtf were they thinking, this is steroids incarnate" to "wtf were they thinking, this is steroids"

1702706246546.png
1702706277729.png

OK so i've played a few games and here's what I've got to say:
1. Darkrai stop leaving gambit's at 1% of my fucking god
2. why does volcarona just WIN
3. why does kyurem just WIN
3. why does terapagos
4. darkrai speed ties
5. deoxys leads

TL:DR: I can't with this mickey mouse tier rn y'all got it

Iron Crown @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Def / 188 SpA / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tachyon Cutter
- Flash Cannon
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Invest in Iron Crown stocks before the meta settles and people realize it sucks.
Is its movepool really so dogshit that you're running tachyon and flash cannon?

Don't feel like arguing semantics, but most of those were quickbanned because the council felt like there was a clear consensus from the community. I imagine many of those would have 80-90%+ ban percentages like Blood Moon
yeah, something i've noticed with suspects is that the results for bans tend to be closer to the cutoff than they generally used to, and i think that's largely because of the modern implementation of surveys to get a read on how the community feels about a mon before doing a formal test, thus usually preventing scenarios where we burn valuable time testing something virtually everyone agrees is broken. bloodmoon was an exception because the meta and community opinion were in a state of flux—it didn't have enough support for a quickban on its last survey, but it definitely had that support a couple days after the suspect started. i don't expect suspect results like that to be seen very often, and this is a good sign—it means the council is connecting well enough with the community to be able to take quick action on extremely actionable stuff

The way the OU forums constantly teeter between "everything is broken and we need to ban them NOW!!!" And "solgaleo and dialga-o aren't even that good tbh we should unban them" will never not be funny. Granted it's just due to drastically different voices but it is just funny. Anyways yeah lots of shit is broken and it needs to got but it's been like 5 seconds, just let things run their course

The way the OU forums constantly teeter between "everything is broken and we need to ban them NOW!!!" And "solgaleo and dialga-o aren't even that good tbh we should unban them" will never not be funny. Granted it's just due to drastically different voices but it is just funny. Anyways yeah lots of shit is broken and it needs to got but it's been like 5 seconds, just let things run their course
This is like a god damn asylum in the forums, there is at least someone who is insane in the corner spouting the most stupid things you've ever seen, and then other insane people go "yeah that makes sense"
Funniest thing I've ever seen

It has literally been an hour and two pages of posts have been made. This is wild.

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
I hit an Archaludon with Scale Shot and its defense rose by 3.5x I'm so fucking done with this game tonight.

Nah dude you don't understand you gotta read my eight page essay on why Dusk Mane Necrozma isn't that good and should be unbanned

100% of the time we're talking stuff like that we're all just joking out of boredom, surely no one wants the... hold on let me check... 190 special on STAB moves mon to be freed, right?

100% of the time we're talking stuff like that we're all just joking out of boredom, surely no one wants the... hold on let me check... 190 special on STAB moves mon to be freed, right?
honestly at this rate I can never really tell, although granted it might be the difficulty of picking up sarcasm lmaoooo

hs

Banned deucer.
after 11 games played and 6 of them against deoxys-speed lead HO teams with gholdengo, i can say: white herb terapagos lead is crazy, i just rock polished as the opp taunted me with enough speed to outspeed deo-s after and cm up one time, enough to go on a killing spree multiple times, almost always leading to an ohko with either tera starstorm or earth power/flamethrower/whatever u wanna use, but the unresisted move and one/two setups is all you need.

Terapagos-Stellar @ Mental Herb
Ability: Teraform Zero
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rock Polish
- Calm Mind
- Tera Starstorm
- Earth Power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 18)