Pet Mod VaporeMons

:clear-amulet: I assumed this would transfer own stat drops from stuff like CC but even if it doesn't it should just be ok. This will have no impact on the meta.
Geko it’s literally mirror armor. You already asked if it would do this in the server and I said no because obviously it wouldn’t lmao it’s a clone of an existing ability that doesn’t do that. Clear Amulet previously did not do that, Clear Body doesn’t prevent self-drops, so where are you getting this idea from???

ok everyone hello!!!! its me!!!!! to all 0 people who desperately crave my opinions here they are anyway

Moves

:dwebble::hard-stone: :corviknight: : There were some things this slate on which I didn't vote not because I didn't like them, but because I voted based on what I heard/thought needed fixing in the meta (and also based on what I wanted to see more of). Smack Down was one of these submissions that I liked but didn't think would ultimately add anything. Here's hoping I'm proven wrong! I love Smack down! I think it's an underused coverage move, as it's essentially a less powerful, rock-type Thousand Arrows. Idk how prevalent pivoting is in the meta, I always saw it as something more stall-like with regenerator or intimidate or Rotom-W so afaik it may make stall worse, but Beaf made it and I believe in them, but they also made Pipebomb, so I'm not too sure if I should believe in them, but then I'm partially to blame for Pipebomb with my messed up Final Farewell suggestion, but at this point I'm just rambling pointlessly so I should just move on to the next point.

:big-root::thwackey: : Nice to see some speed control in the forme of a sort of reverse trailblaze, as well as another good grass type option. I think this could be given to defensive mons to better counter sweepers. Still don't understand the flying type portion: Is this flavor? Cause when I think root pull I think of
. I may just be mistaken.

̽:black-glasses:̽:umbreon:ミ: One of my favorite moves is back and better than ever! Go wild with the distrib on this one. It's heat heat.

:cinccino::loaded-dice::iron-thorns::loaded-dice::heracross-mega: : I love multihits, thank you for fixing the two that were unecessarily flawed and making tail slap real again, also congrats to PQRDG for fianlly making your Tail Slap Ambipom sub real so it can finally use a real move. Tail Slap could be a good option on some -ate mons, or technician, or skill link, or battle spines, or whatever. Don't be like game freak and give it to some actual mons.

Items

:Clear-amulet::corviknight: : Big buff to this underused item, but is it for the better? Will it make a difference? Will it make people stop running the same 4-5 items they usually do? The answer to all of these questions is: Please.
:decidium-z::waterium-z::firium-z:: I didnt vote for it, because I think this puts us in a weird place where "we dont want tera, but we still want to emulate it, but just picking and choosing the aspects we want" which is fine for a pet mod, but still makes me question why we put the tera ban in place if this was a possibility anyway. Sure, you sacrifice the item slot, but is it really that much of a big deal when you have the ability to have unrestricted tera now? Also, afaik currently tera shard doesnt terastallize the user, which is what determine if tera blast starts making the phys/special distinction, so it is less photon geyser and more Dynamax cannon. At this point just terastallize the user.

Abilities

:passho-berry::tauros-paldea-aqua: :starf-berry::farigiraf: : FINALLY, BERRY META REAL! And yet, you want to take it away? I see Tauros-Paldea-Blaze with Salac or Liechi berry being thrown as an argument, and if that really is the case, then just ban Tauros-Paldea-Blaze, because I don't see the other 3 users being banworthy. I want yall to test out all 4 users in the roomtour, and take action after that.

:never-melt-ice::avalugg-hisui::never-melt-ice: : Some ice type walls finally become more usable than before, and yet idk if people will use them, which is a shame because I love this ability. I was debating on voting on it, and finally told myself to llisten to my heart and do it, and what do you know, it just made it! Glad I decided to push it forward! :)

:anorith::amaura::tyrunt: : I think this is a cool defensive ability to stop sweeping momentum. Good job Aria. Here's hoping it works.

:Espeon::umbreon:♪ : This makes it a much cooler ability, can't wait to see how this plays out. Wallbreakers would be cool with this, but sweepers could be dangerous.

Adjustments

:brambleghast:≈: Really love the idea, afraid it might not be used much. I see lack of swords dance being one of the main concerns, I hope this will be fixed when the slate goes live, because right now this guy definitely isn't as much of a threat as its real-life counterpart (fuck tumbleweeds)
(-_-)ᶻᶻᶻ :darkrai: : Of all the ubers to unban we get this one, huh. Well, I think Yoshi had the right idea, but I also think what sets Darkrai apart from the rest of the sleep users is Bad Dreams. I hope Bad Dreams becomes a key instrument of its arsenal instead of just Nasty Plot to Sweep combo. Comeuppance is a cool addition to it that I hope gets used, too.
:sneasler: ͦ ͧ ͨ ͪ : It's what she deserves. I'm glad we were able to collectively decide to nerf something instead of giving Kingambit adaptability or something. Bit sad to see Muscle Memory being viewed as a nerf instead of a tool to open other possibilities (though Unburden had to go), and I'm sure Poison Touch will be used much more often now, but I hope MM is still run on like... Choice sets or something.

As a side-note, if something like Tera Shard happens again, where the council feels like it should be right to implement it, I think you guys should go ahead and do it next time. It's nice that you ask us for our opinion, but ultimately, the group of individuals who has the most understanding of what the metagame needs right now is you guys, and I think your vision of the metagame would be much more stable than mine or random people who come in here. Vaporemons is a community-run mod, but if at some point, you think you should take a little bit more initiative than the community for the sake of the meta's health, I also think you should do it. Here's a video by Masahiro Sakurai (creator of Smash Bros. and Kirby) explaining why trying to please everyone is bad and sticking to an original vision would be better. I love Vaporemons, but I'm 50/50 on if it's reaching its goal of creating a more interesting OU metagame rn, especially with the 10th and final slate coming up.

Anyways, that's all I can think of right now. I'd love to join the roomtour, but I'll need to know at what time it starts/ends so I can see if I can join on sunday. Thanks for reading and have a good night!

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Distribution results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smack Down - Old distribution + :Heatran::Garchomp:
Root Pull - :Applin::Bellsprout::Bounsweet::Bramblin::Brute Bonnet::Capsakid::Chespin::Decidueye::Fomantis::Grookey::Hoppip::Leafeon::Lotad::Petilil::Phantump::Seedot::Shaymin::Skiddo::Smoliv::Snover::Sprigatito::Sunkern::Turtwig::Tropius::Wo-Chien::Zarude:
Snatch - :Sneasel::Sneasel-Hisui::Shuppet::Munchlax::Meowth::Meowth-Galar::Meowth-Alola::Poochyena::Ekans::Zorua::Zorua-Hisui::Fletchling::Litleo::Noibat::Salandit::Cleffa::Drowzee::Happiny::Mewtwo::Mew::Aipom::Umbreon::Murkrow::Eevee::Misdreavus::Houndour::Ralts::Shroomish::Sableye::Gulpin::Spoink::Seviper::Duskull::Chingling::Stunky::Croagunk::Spiritomb::Froslass::Rotom::Darkrai::Sandile::Gothita::Vullaby::Fennekin::Froakie::Mareanie::Oranguru::Passimian::Mimikyu::Bruxish::Cacnea::Impidimp::Moltres-Galar::Nuzleaf::Grimer-Alola::Zarude::Sprigatito::Brute Bonnet::Maschiff::Munkidori::Greavard::Zangoose::Ting-Lu::Capsakid:
Tail Slap - :Fezandipiti::Vulpix::Vulpix-Alola::Buizel::Aipom::Cyclizar::Tauros::Skwovet::Meowth::Meowth-Alola::Stunky::Lycanroc::Zacian::Zamazenta::Grafaiai::Flareon:
Rock Blast - Old distribution + :Aipom::Clawitzer::Passimian::Falinks:
Pin Missile - Old distribution + :Sandslash::Sandslash-Alola::Lokix::Vikavolt::Vespiquen::Cloyster::Pincurchin::Scyther:
Cud Chew - Old distribution + :Tauros:(Replaces Sheer Force),:Camerupt:(Replaces Anger Point),:Lechonk::oinkologne::oinkologne-f:(Replaces Gluttony),:Mareep::flaaffy::ampharos:
Permafrost - :Articuno:(Replaces Snow Cloak),:Snorunt::Glalie:(Replaces Ice Body),:Glaceon:(Replaces Snow Cloak),:Rotom-Frost:,:Cryogonal:,:Avalugg:(Replaces Ice Body),:Avalugg-Hisui:(Replaces Ice Body)
Prehistoric Might - :Growlithe-Hisui::arcanine-hisui:(Replaces Flash Fire),:Kleavor:(Replaces Sheer Force),:Piloswine::Mamoswine:(Replaces Snow Cloak),:Yanma::yanmega:(Replaces Frisk),:Stonjourner:,:Walking Wake:
Synchronize - Old distribution + :Diancie:,:Drowzee::hypno:(Replaces Inner Focus),:Gallade:(Replaces Steadfast),:Hoothoot:(Replaces Insomnia),:Bruxish:(Replaces Wonder Skin)

As stated earlier, the discussion phase will continue as we'll have a playtesting roomtour this Sunday at 4 PM, so I hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
Popping in with a couple quick but actually really important announcements!

As stated a bunch of times at this point, we will be having a playtesting roomtour tomorrow at 4 PM EST! This roomtour will give us a look at the metagame that we have right before the final slate, as well as letting us see if anything from the recent slates ends up being broken. But speaking of stuff being broken, through playtesting today, we've actually found a couple things that need to tone done right. Thus, the following nerfs will be in effect BEFORE tomorrow's roomtour:
:mew:Mew will lose Steel Beam - Everyone forgot that Mew gets Steel Beam, which thanks to Synchronize, means that Mew deals, like, 85% at absolute minimum to literally any mon in the game not named Blissey or like Snorlax with one move due to Steel Beam's massive recoil. While it's frankly blasphemous to remove a TM move from Mew, it's clearly what makes Synchronize Mew broken, as Mew's other recoil inducing moves like Flare Blitz are threatening but nothing crazy.
:darkrai:Darkrai will lose Nasty Plot and Calm Mind - Yeah this experiment is going great. Long story short, Darkrai has shown to be quite a headache to deal with as, while in theory it's mostly just a sidegrade to Iron Jugulis sporting higher Speed and setup in return for worse coverage and less power, in reality that higher Speed and especially Nasty Plot has made Darkrai quite easy sweep a team with early on, so axing Nasty Plot ASAP is the way to go here. Calm Mind also goes as it's a nearly as powerful setup option, trading immediate power for making Darkrai harder to revenge kill with Dragapult and Scarfed/Booster Energy Special Attackers. If you really really wanna setup still, run Charge Beam (hits Corviknight which otherwise walls you!!)

That's all for now, see you tomorrow!

Yoshiblaze

ye
We had what was set to be a very interesting roomtour today, so let's see what happened!

Tour #6 - VaporeMons - Double Elimination - 11 Entrants
1st
: Beaf Cultist
2nd: HydreigonTheChild
3rd: chemicalmines
4th: zxgzxg
VaporeMons Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Darkrai            |   16 |  40.00% |  56.25% |
| 2    | Iron Moth          |   13 |  32.50% |  46.15% |
| 3    | Crabominable       |   12 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 4    | Slowking-Galar     |   11 |  27.50% |  54.55% |
| 5    | Great Tusk         |   10 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Kingambit          |    9 |  22.50% |  44.44% |
| 7    | Gliscor            |    8 |  20.00% |  75.00% |
| 7    | Iron Hands         |    8 |  20.00% |  37.50% |
| 9    | Azelf              |    7 |  17.50% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Dragapult          |    7 |  17.50% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Shaymin            |    7 |  17.50% |  42.86% |
| 9    | Sneasler           |    7 |  17.50% |  28.57% |
| 13   | Magnezone          |    6 |  15.00% |  83.33% |
| 13   | Weavile            |    6 |  15.00% |  66.67% |
| 13   | Magearna           |    6 |  15.00% |  66.67% |
| 13   | Cinderace          |    6 |  15.00% |  66.67% |
| 13   | Iron Jugulis       |    6 |  15.00% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Garganacl          |    6 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Azumarill          |    5 |  12.50% |  60.00% |
| 19   | Landorus-Therian   |    5 |  12.50% |  60.00% |
| 19   | Muk-Alola          |    5 |  12.50% |  60.00% |
| 19   | Walking Wake       |    5 |  12.50% |  40.00% |
| 19   | Zamazenta-*        |    5 |  12.50% |  40.00% |
| 24   | Regieleki          |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 24   | Indeedee           |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 24   | Hawlucha           |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 24   | Tornadus-Therian   |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 24   | Grimmsnarl         |    4 |  10.00% |  25.00% |
| 24   | Enamorus-Therian   |    4 |  10.00% |  25.00% |
| 30   | Wo-Chien           |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 30   | Hariyama           |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 30   | Iron Valiant       |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 30   | Toxapex            |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Wigglytuff         |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Volcarona          |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Quagsire           |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Mew                |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Rillaboom          |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Heatran            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Slowbro            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Tyranitar          |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Torkoal            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Typhlosion-Hisui   |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Slither Wing       |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Sylveon            |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 39   | Iron Thorns        |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Iron Treads        |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Mismagius          |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Ceruledge          |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Roaring Moon       |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Vikavolt           |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Gholdengo          |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Zapdos             |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Revavroom-*        |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 39   | Milotic            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |

Some quick takeaways:
- This was our biggest roomtour so far, which is really exciting to see, so thank you to everyone that joined!
- This tournament was very clearly centered around the biggest hot topic in VaporeMons right now, being Darkrai (I promise Hot Topic wasn't a pun there). Even without set up, Darkrai has proven to still be quite controversial as sets with 3 Attacks + Dark Void and Blunder Policy have popped up, leveraging Darkrai's great Speed and power to make it a great revenge killer in the midgame, then fishing for a Focus Blast miss into Blunder Policy activating to make it a terrifying late game cleaner with +2 Speed and now 83% accurate Dark Voids (or just banking on getting a 50% Dark Void hit at the right time). In the tour itself, Darkrai rather unsurprisingly topped the usage stats, but it didn't have as quite of a dominating performance as I thought it would. It was still a giant threat, winning a couple games or being 1 or 2 swings of RNG away from winning games thanks to the power of Dark Void and everyone who played against it still had to walk on eggshells at every turn. Not gonna go too into detail yet as we'll get to it later, but nonetheless the council is still considering further action on Darkrai, so look out for that.
- In other news, Crabominable saw a huge return, as the fan favorite managed to get a whopping 12 uses with an impressive 8 wins, a couple of which it got itself with late game Swords Dance sweeps. Its amazing bulk, typing, and insane movepool has always made Crab a force to be reckoned with both offensively and defensively, it just hasn't seen a lot of love as of late, so it's great to see it have a big day like this
- Not much else from Slate 9 aside from Darkrai went too crazy, a couple STAB Tera Shard users were seen in Tera Water Slowbro and Tera Poison Slowking-Galar, but neither went particularly crazy, Weavile had a pretty decent showing (surprising considering how common Magearna and Crabominable were) and it did benefit from Snatch buffing Green-Eyed but iirc that didn't come into play during the tournament, and the other viable things from the slate (Synchronize Mew, Prehistoric Might, Pin Missile Scizor, Root Pull on select Grass-types) either didn't do well or were unseen
- Shockingly little usage of Alomomola, who was everywhere during the Slate 8 meta due to being a great user of Wash Away, and Ogerpon, who's a mostly unchanged but amazing mon in 3 different flavors, with Wellspring in particular being criminally underused.
- After Light Clay got banned, it's unsurprising that Screens didn't see much usage, with just one team of Quick Claw abusers behind screens being seen and only getting 1 win

------------------------------------------
there should be an easily accessible hall of fame detailing past winners or sth
Kept forgetting to reply to this in my previous posts, but there's a link to the spreadsheet where all past winners and changes by Pokémon can be seen in the OP, which you can see below:
Speaking of the spreadsheet, I would also like to mention that, courtesy of Catzzadilla, the distribution of all moves and abilities is now listed on the New Moves and New Abilities pages, giving everyone more ways to visualize the kinds of Pokémon that got each move and ability.

--------------------------------------------

And that's all! We have some things to discuss among council, so the final slate isn't gonna start quite yet, so stay tuned for that! See you soon!

Yoshiblaze

ye
After a little bit of discussion, we have 2 buffs, a nerf, and a ban to tell you about, so let's get right into it!

:darkrai:Darkrai will be re-banned - Some experiments work, some experiments fail, but either way you learn something from them. This experiment definitely fits into that latter category. I've stated basically all the reasons why Darkrai has shown to still be pretty broken over the last couple posts so I won't repeat myself, but as to why we decided to go for a ban instead of nerfing it further like we usually would, the main reason is that, aside from removing one of its coverage moves, the main thing making Darkrai broken was actually Dark Void, mostly due to Blunder Policy. But either way, Dark Void is such an intrinsic part of Darkrai's identity that once you get to the point where that's the part that makes it broken, it's better to just throw the whole thing away. While (spoiler alert) Blunder Policy is getting nerfed, we decided it wouldn't be worth the trouble to salvage Darkrai at this point in time as its power, Speed, and coverage plus its dangerous Dark Void 50/50s still combine to make it a headache to deal with.
:blunder policy:Blunder Policy will no longer boost accuracy but will now activate whenever a move fails for any reason, not just missing and can again be activated by missing a status move - Blunder Policy has been a very hot topic as well, mostly due to Darkrai recently, while you couldn't activate it with the 50% accurate Dark Void, you could with the 70% accurate Focus Blast or Thunder, which then gives you a decently high 83.5% accurate Dark Void to throw around with your 125 Speed stat. While on paper this is extremely inconsistent, as the chances of missing a 70% accurate move and then hitting an 83.5% accurate move are actually just 25%, Darkrai's already high Speed and default threat level gave it the safety to play for those odds. While this was mostly Darkrai's fault, Blunder Policy's accuracy boost is big offender here as well, as something like Iron Valiant can do the exact same thing, trading some initial Speed for the fact that it has Hypnosis, which becomes 100% accurate after Blunder Policy activates. Thus, to avoid future Darkrai-esque problems, we figured it'd be better to remove the accuracy boost granted by Blunder Policy completely. Since this would make the item completely worthless now, we decided to also take a page from JolteMons and give Blunder Policy the effects it had in that mod, now activating whenever a move fails for any reason (i.e. hitting into an immunity, flinching, trying to use a sleep-inducing move while Electric Terrain is active, etc.).
:brambleghast:Brambleghast will receive Swords Dance - i mean, yeah. you know it should get swords dance, i know it should get swords dance, council knows that it should get swords dance, the person who subbed the winning adjustment sub for brambleghast and accidentally left out swords dance knows it should get swords dance, so it's getting swords dance

With that done, Slate 10, the final submission slate of VaporeMons is now open! This is your last chance to get all the ideas you have saved up out there, so be sure to get everything you can out there!

Name: Powder Bomb
Power: 100
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 15
Category: Special
Type: Bug
Effect: At the start of the turn, covers the target in Powder. Pokemon adjacent to the target take damage up to 1/16 of their max. HP. Has an increased critical hit ratio.
Priority: 0
Flags: Bullet, Powder
Potential Pokemon with this Move: :Bulbasaur::Butterfree: :Oddish::Paras: :Venonat::Bellsprout: :Voltorb-Hisui::Exeggcute: :Tangela: :Hoppip: :Beautifly: :Dustox::Shroomish::Budew::Burmy::Cottonee::Petilil: :Foongus::Larvesta::Scatterbug: :Flabebe: :Floette-Eternal::Cutiefly::Morelull::Gossifleur::Frosmoth::Floragato::Toedscool: :Capsakid::Brute Bonnet::Slither Wing::Poltchageist:
Justification: Right, so despite realistically only being able to be super effective against two of its three matchups, it does help block Fire-type moves, which many of the potential mons - which I've given based on the powder moves they can learn - need.

Name: Lash Out
Power: 70
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 10
Category: Physical
Type: Dark
Effect: If the user has any negative stat changes and/or status conditions (both volatile and non volatile), base power doubles.
Flags: Protect
Potential Pokemon with this Move: Current distribution
Justification: Lash Out's current criteria of having the stat drop be on the same turn is too niche, let's loosen the restraints a bit.
Name: Teal Mask | Hearthflame Mask | Wellspring Mask | Cornerstone Mask
Effect: If held by Ogrepon, changes it to Ogrepon-Teal | Ogrepon-Hearthflame | Ogrepon-Wellspring | Ogrepon-Cornerstone, changes its Ability to Embody Aspect*, the type of Ivy Cudgel to Grass | Fire | Water | Rock, and does not terastalise Ogerpon. *If my Embody Aspect sub doesn't win, Ogerpon's Ability becomes Grass Pelt | Intimidate | Storm Drain | Sturdy, boosts its Speed | Critical Hit Ratio | Special Defense | Defense by one stage respectively the first time it directly causes an opponent to faint, and boosts the power of its Grass- | Fire- | Water- | Rock- Type moves by 20% respectively.
Can be Knocked Off: No if held by Ogrepon
Ignored by Klutz: Yes
Fling Power & Effects: 60 BP, applies Forest's Curse to the target | Burns the target | applies Aqua Ring to the target | Sets up Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field.

Name: Protective Pads
Effect: Powers up moves that inflict recoil or crash damage by 20% + Protects the holder from effects caused by using contact moves.
Can be Knocked Off: Yes
Fling Power & Effects: 30 BP
Name: Embody Aspect
Effect: The first time Ogrepon-Teal | Ogrepon-Hearthflame | Ogrepon-Wellspring | Ogrepon-Cornerstone directly causes an opponent to faint, boosts its Speed | Critical Hit Ratio | Special Defense | Defense by one stage respectively. Boosts the power of its Grass- | Fire- | Water- | Rock- Type moves by 20% respectively.
Permanent: Yes
Mold Breaker: No.
Justification: Embody Aspect seems to bring back memories of Gen VIII's Intrepid Sword. Let's limit the damage it can do.

Name: Dominate
Effect: Lowers all opposing Pokemon's Sp. Atk by one stage upon entering battle. The Pokémon's Normal-Type moves become Dark-Type and are boosted by 20%.
Permanent: No
Mold Breaker: Yes
Justification: Counterpart to Intimidate is here.

Name: Rising Tide
Effect: When the Pokémon enters battle, it receives a 10% additive increase to the power of its moves for each ally Pokémon that is still conscious.
Mold Breaker: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :Drampa: :Falinks::Tatsugiri:
Justification: Inverse Supreme Overlord

Name: Padded Paw
Effect: The Pokémon ignores field conditions (weather, terrain, screens, entry hazards, gravity, sports, rooms - just everything that can be applied to the battlefield) when doing or taking damage.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :Luxray: :Pyroar: :Lycanroc-Dusk::Chien-Pao:
Justification: I was looking over at the spreadsheet and man do we have a lot of things that seem to be about the environment. Consider this the battlefield counterpart of Unaware.
Name: Ogerpon-Teal (Base) | Ogerpon-Hearthflame | Ogerpon-Wellspring | Ogerpon-Cornerstone
Type: Fairy/Grass | Fairy/Fire | Fairy/Water | Fairy/Rock
Abilities: Embody Aspect* [If my Embody Aspect or Mask subs don't win, Grass Pelt | Intimidate | Storm Drain | Sturdy]
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, Sacred Fire, Mystical Fire, Aqua Cutter, Scald, Stone Edge, Power Gem
Removed Moves: Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed, Stomping Tantrum
Justification: What if Ogerpon couldn't tera and was less leafy?

Last edited:
Name: Diancite Stone Fragment
Effect: If held by Diancie, +1 attack, +1 sp attack, +1 speed, ability becomes magic bounce
Can be Knocked Off: nah
Fling Power & Effects:
Reasoning: mbounce = mmmbased??? speed is slightly under 100 base at max speed w nature, but adds another offensive option to the meta. Also resub sadly because I forgot to vote

Name: Spinning Top
Effect: Grants a 1.3x boost to the users offensive stat while using a different attacking move than the last turn (no you cannot sd into a free 1.3 boost that is not really stupid)
Can be Knocked Off:
Fling Power & Effects: 60 BP and inflicts torment
Reasoning: unique item for mixed attackers without the chip of life orb

Name: Sticky Glob
Effect: Gives the User the effect of the abilities Suction Cups, Sticky Hold and Gooey.
Can be Knocked Off: yes
Fling Power & Effects: Cannot be Flung
Reasoning: Not that I really saw too much knock spam, but this could serve as an option for stationary boosters, as it makes the user unable to be phased and unable to be tricked, at the cost of an item slot

Name: Runic Pyramid
Effect: For one time, the user retains 1 stage of the users raised or lowered stats if the user switches out
Can be Knocked Off: yes
Fling Power & Effects: Cannot be Flung
Reasoning: the funny item

Name: Bleakwind Storm/Sandsear Storm/Wildbolt Storm/Springtide Storm
Power: 120
Accuracy: 80
PP: 5 / 8
Type: Same as Base
Effect: Secondary Effects are increased to 50% for the respective forms, Effects are now Lower Speed/Lower Special Attack/Lower Special Defense/Lower Attack. Cannot Miss during weather
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Same as Previous
Justification: these moves sux lol, and overall buff to accuracy due to weather conditions. Pp was reduced to fit the overall caliber of the new “moves” and provide an overall power boost to the as far as I have seen, rarely used incarnate quartet, and a better move than hurricane for some occasions on tornadus

Name: Natural Gift
Power: --
Accuracy: 100
PP: 5 / 8
Type: Normal
Effect: Power and Typing depend on the users berry. Berry is not consumed. The power of the move is doubled if the user has the ability ripen or harvest.

Potential Pokemon With This Move: Same as Previous + Applin, Appletun, Flapple, Dipplin, Trevenant, Arboliva
Justification: i love physden power. Anyways this as stated gives coverage to physical attackers (most notably :garchomp: and :weavile: at the cost of their item slot. garchomp is the one that particularly benefits from this, as now it can blow up zone, notable enemy of ground dragon stab. another benefactor is :lilligant-hisui: which now gets a new choice of coverage. However, because of this fact, its pp is heavily reduced to account for its extreme versatility. however, some berries don't exist anymore and therefore cannot be used as a higher bp of some other existing berry variants (watmel, blue, being fire and electric respectively)

:Rotom:
Name: Rotom/Rotom-Fan/Rotom-Frost/Rotom-Heat/Rotom-Mow/Rotom-Wash
Type: same typings I do not feel like typing this out
Abilities: Levitate (All) / Adaptability (Base) | Same (Gale/Frost/Heat) | Cud Chew (Mow) | Water Veil (Wash)
New Moves: Defog, Rebuild, Snatch
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: I believe Beaf tried adding stuff to the rotoms some time ago and I believe they should have some more stuff. Rebuild is a thematicly fitting move that benefits the low hp Rotom forms for some specific sets, while Defog gives back one of their best tools. The other abilities are an attempt to make certain forms more powerful, but levitate is already a great ability for most, and the previously decided abilities work. Also snatch op lol

Last edited:
:blunder policy:Blunder Policy will no longer boost accuracy but will now activate whenever a move fails for any reason, not just missing and can again be activated by missing a status move - Blunder Policy has been a very hot topic as well, mostly due to Darkrai recently, while you couldn't activate it with the 50% accurate Dark Void, you could with the 70% accurate Focus Blast or Thunder, which then gives you a decently high 83.5% accurate Dark Void to throw around with your 125 Speed stat. While on paper this is extremely inconsistent, as the chances of missing a 70% accurate move and then hitting an 83.5% accurate move are actually just 25%, Darkrai's already high Speed and default threat level gave it the safety to play for those odds. While this was mostly Darkrai's fault, Blunder Policy's accuracy boost is big offender here as well, as something like Iron Valiant can do the exact same thing, trading some initial Speed for the fact that it has Hypnosis, which becomes 100% accurate after Blunder Policy activates. Thus, to avoid future Darkrai-esque problems, we figured it'd be better to remove the accuracy boost granted by Blunder Policy completely. Since this would make the item completely worthless now, we decided to also take a page from JolteMons and give Blunder Policy the effects it had in that mod, now activating whenever a move fails for any reason (i.e. hitting into an immunity, flinching, trying to use a sleep-inducing move while Electric Terrain is active, etc.).
Giving a public statement on this change as creator of the original buff or smth. I actually had this same idea bouncing around in my head for a while as a means to buff Blunder Policy further, since the item was barely seen prior to sleep move strats running amok. By all accounts Joltemons BP is better since it's not relegated to gimmick sets and it can be proc'd through circumstances in an average game, most notably hitting an immunity, but it really sucks that the whole point of the original change, the accuracy boost, is now gone. The ideal change imo would be to keep the accuracy boost, let it activate when a move fails for any reason, but don't let it boost the accuracy of status moves, because sleep move strats were the #1 issue with the og buff. Honestly though, there are a lot of items in Vaporemons that have barely been used at all and deserve buffs/changes so I wouldn't really care if council would prefer to leave Blunder Policy alone from now on.

Anyways, on to actual subs
Name: Poison Sting
Power: 30
PP: 25 / 40
Category:

Type:

Effect: Hits 2-5 times. Each hit has a 10% chance to poison the target.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Old distribution + :toxtricity::toxtricity-low-key: or something idk
Justification: Relatively funny idea I had today, inspired by the buff to multi-hit moves from last slate. Run Loaded Dice with this for basically a slightly stronger more accurate Gunk Shot. is a 30 BP multi-hit move a little much, especially when factoring in poison damage? Probably, but you have to take in account needing Loaded Dice for consistent damage and Poison being a historically bad type offensively. If you liked Twineedle buffs from prior pet mods you'll like this move.
:sv/cetitan:
Cetitan
Type
:

Abilities: Thick Fat, Slush Rush, Sheer Force
Movepool Changes: +Bulk Up, Icicle Spear, Swords DanceThroat Chop
Justification: Giving his ass a proper setup move. Might be able (not really though lol) to fill in the shoes of Baxcalibur as an Ice-type physical setup mon, especially with Ninetales-A around to easily enable Slush Rush sets.

Last edited:
Name: Sky Attack
Power: 140
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 5
Type: Flying
Effect: The user attacks the turn after using this move. This move has a heightened chance of landing a critical hit and may also make the target flinch. If Tailwind is in effect; does not need to charge, but has no secondary effects.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current distribution
Justification: This has never been a viable move, but what if Tailwind removed the charge time?

:sm/haxorus:
Name: Haxorus
Type: Dragon
Abilities: Sharpness | Mold Breaker | Rivalry
New Moves: Glaive Rush, Aqua Cutter, Psycho Cut
Justification: Sharpness because of its axe tusks

:sm/espeon:
Name: Espeon
Type: Psychic
Abilities: Synchronize | Sunblock | Magic Bounce
New Moves: Solar Beam
Justification: Espeon is known as the Sun Pokemon, but has no abilities or attacks that take advantage of sun.

Last edited:
Name: Gale Feather
Effect: If user's ability is Gale Wings: +1 priority to Flying-type moves even after taking damage (i.e. Gen 6 Gale Wings). If not: +1 priority to Flying type moves as long as HP is full
gale wings was previously changed to activate above 50% max HP. i HIGHLY recommend taking a look at the previous winners, as many of your subs have seemed unaware of them.

Name: Good as Gold
Effect: The user is immune to all status moves, including self-targeting ones
Permanent
: No
Justification: Gholdengo sucks. Now its funny and much worse. Probably not necessary, but we're going for it.

Here we go! The Final Slate!

Name: Topsy-Turvy
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 20 (max 32)
Category: Status
Effect: Reverses all stat changes on the Pokémon, making positive changes negative and vice-versa. Does not reverse stat changes that are not based on stat stages, like the speed drop from paralysis. Because Topsy-Turvy changes stats rather than raising or lowering them, it is unaffected by effects such as Mist or Abilities such as Simple, Contrary, and Clear Body. It does not activate Defiant or Competitive.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Authentic, Mirror, Protect, Reflectable
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :inkay: :dreepy: :donphan: :hoopa: :iron-treads: :grafaiai: :Scream-tail: :toedscruel: :zoroark: :zoroark-hisui: :avalugg: :persian-alola: :wugtrio: :meowscarada: :hitmontop: :ribombee:
Justification: My favorite move ever comes back with a vengeance! There is no greater feeling than turning someone's maxi-setup into a major L.

Name: Flying Press | Software Crash
Accuracy: 95%
PP: 10 (max 16)
Category: Physical | Special
Type: Fighting | Bug
Effect: Inflicts Fighting or Flying (FP) | Bug or Electric (SC) damage depending on which type would be more effective against the target.
Priority:0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect, Contact (FP)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: FP: Current Distribution + :flamigo: :dragonite: :toucannon: :staraptor: :blaziken: :dodrio: :golurk: :quaquaval: :decidueye-hisui: :slither-wing: :heracross: :hariyama: | SC: :magnezone: :rotom: :iron-moth: :regieleki: :vikavolt: :venomoth: :yanmega: :Masquerain: :jirachi: :probopass: :bellibolt: :reuniclus: :porygon-z:
Justification: Finally fixing Flying Press by getting rid of its horrible typing (both flying and fighting at once actually weakens it) and this actually makes it worth running if you wanna save a moveslot or something. Software Crash can help against flying or grass types and gives coverage without sacrificing STAB.

Name: Tag Pulse | Tag Burst
Power: 30 | -
Accuracy: 100 | -
PP: 15 (shared)
Category: Special | Status
Type: Steel
Effect: Upon hitting the enemy, inflicts it with a tag and switches this move to Tag Burst until the user switches out. Tags are removed when the opponent switches out. | Inflicts damage on the opponent equal to (33% of its max HP X its number of tags)
Priority: 0 (both)
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): TP: Mirror, Protect, Pulse | TB: Snatch, Protect, Authentic
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :hydreigon: :clawitzer: :espathra: :munkidori: :pelipper: :zoroark-hisui: :azelf: :noivern: :regieleki: :rotom: :thundurus: :electrode: :alomomola: :lumineon: :dragapult:
Justification: Sweeper/Stall Pressure made for pivots. Tag Burst would only do 33% unless you switch out either into another tag pulse user or switch back in, in which case you can apply another tag. The damage ramps up quick, and the move is favored by pivoting

Name: Bananarang
Power: 65
Accuracy: 95%
Type: Grass
Effect: If it hits the opponent, hits again at the end of the next turn. The 2nd hit bypasses screens and substitute.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect, Bullet
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :rillaboom: :slaking: :passimian: :oranguru: :infernape: :munkidori: :thundurus-therian: :zarude: :ambipom: :pawmot: :grafaiai: :primeape:
Justification: Future Sight-type games that are a bit more direct, and long-awaited banana representation.

Name: Vampire's Curse
Effect: Holder's attacking moves heal them for 50% of damage dealt, but they gain the weaknesses of the dark type. Flavor text upon entry.
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): No
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): No
Fling Power & Effect: Cannot be Flung
Justification: What is a mon? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Name: Hot Sauce
Effect: After the holder uses a biting move, raises its attack by 3 and confuses it. Single Use.
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): Yes
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 80BP fire type, confuses
Justification: Fell Stinger at home.

Name: Clever Disguise
Effect: Acts like the Imposter ability. Disappears when the holder is damaged by an attack.
Fling Power & Effect: 40BP
Justification: Cool scouting item. Not as ideal for revenge killing as scarf ditto because you don't have scarf winning you the speed tie.

Name: :inkay: Inkay
Effect: When the holder is attacked by an opponent with stat boosts, the stat boosts will be reversed (as if topsy-turvy was used). Single Use, unless the holder is :inkay:
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): No
Fling Power & Effect: 60BP, inverts opponent's stats
Justification: Thinking about how funny it would be to bring in a smaller Pokémon with you as an item.

Name: Electric Effervescence | Misty Mirage | Psychic Prowl
Effect: On entry, sets Electric | Misty | Psychic Terrain. In respective terrain, user's Spe(Electric) Acc (Psychic) or SpD (Misty) is x1.3333.
Permanent (Yes or No): Yes
Mold Breaker/Counteract (Yes or No): Yes/No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability:
:bellibolt:(replaces Static), :iron-thorns:, :ampharos:(replaces plus), :iron-leaves: :pachirisu:(replaces run away) |
:weezing-galar:(replaces Misty Surge), :alomomola:(replaces Hydration), :ribombee: (replaces Cute Charm), :enamorus-therian: :drifblim:(replaces flare boost)
| :slowking-galar:(replaces Curious Medicine), :armarouge:, :hoopa:, :farigiraf:(replaces armor tail), :tornadus:
Justification: Alternate counterparts to Grass Pelt. This one distinguishes itself from Ice's submission by giving each terrain a respective boost. Some of you might notice some oddball users in there, like :iron-leaves: :drifblim: :tornadus:. :iron-leaves: counters ground types and enables its Psyblade, :drifblim: checks Valiants and baits a thunderbolt, which can be countered with a ground type or volt absorb, and :tornadus: appreciates the accuracy boost on move like Hurricane/Bleakwind Storm and Focus Blast.
Notice the absence of Psychic Prowl Hypnosis users, which is noted by them not having hypnosis.

Name: Harvest
Effect: At the end of the turn, has a 50% chance to harvest back a berry it has consumed (100% in sunshine). If they have their berry, has a 50% chance to give a party pokémon their digested berry back (100% in sunshine).
Permanent (Yes or No): No
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Current users + :meganium: :appletun: :landorus: :torterra: :toedscruel: :donphan:
Justification: Berry meta becomes more sustainable.

Name: Draconic Golden Age
Effect: User's Dragon-type moves are Super effective against fairy types, and Fairy type moves used against this Pokémon are not very effective. Flavor text upon Entry.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :haxorus: :druddigon:. Dragons who came out before gen 6.
Justification: A dragon countering a fairy? That's how it was back in my day! Can be given to post-fairy dragons if it would be healthier/better for the meta.

:sv/Wugtrio:
Name:Wugtrio
Type: Water
Abilities: Adaptability / Muscle Memory / Outclass
New Moves: Surging Strikes, Jet Punch, Flip Turn
Removed Moves:
Justification: Time to get Wugged.

Huh. This was not what I was expecting to be submitting on the final slate, but I guess what comes to us in the moment comes and goes.

Last edited:
Name: [Dethrone]
Effect: [If the opponent knocks out your Pokémon with an attack last turn, on switch in, steal all positive stat changes from the opposing Pokémon]
Permanent No
Mold Breaker No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Kingambit, enamors, ting-Lu
Justification: [punishes over boosting]

Name: [Grindstone]
Effect: [when attacking a steel type with a contact move, your attack is raised by 1 stage.]
Permanent (No)
Mold Breaker No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Scizor, kleavor, wevile
Justification: [nurfing steel types and adding a new way to boost through]

Name: [Defibrillate ]
Effect: [attacks made against a statused opponent are doubled, but then they are cured of that status.]
Permanent (No)
Mold Breaker No
Pawmot, gengar, dragapult
Justification: [counters rest stall and guts, also puts pressure on the opponent with nuzzle into hex or something]

Name: [Slow roast ]
Effect: [when on the field, all other Pokémon slowly roast, making them more susceptible to fire moves for each passing turn. This effect is permanent, and cannot reset. (1.2x damage from fire attacks for each passing turn, upwards of 2.0x)]
Permanent (No)
Mold Breaker No
Torkal, ceruledge, heatran
Justification: [buffs bulky fire types and it is funny to cook Pokémon]

Name: X-Scissor
Power: 35
Type: Bug
Effect: Hits twice. The first hit lowers the foe's Defense by 1.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Blade
Potential Pokémon With This Move: current distribution
Justification: inspired by joltemons crush claw. the effect itself is decently strong but xscissor being bug type should balance it out

Name: Crafty Shield
Power: --
Accuracy: --
Category: Status
Type: Fairy
Effect: Protect + Pokemon making contact with the user have their item disabled for 3 turns.
Priority: 3
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Nonsnatchable
Potential Pokémon With This Move:
:clefairy:
:chingling:
:klefki:
:hatenna:
:impidimp:
:indeedee:
:tinkatink:

Justification: a remake of an old move i ended up disliking
Name: Power Spot
Effect: All attacks from every Pokemon on the field have 1.3x power while the user is active.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :stonjourner:+ :ninetales::electrode::electrode-hisui::gengar::chimecho::spiritomb::magnezone::probopass::rotom::chandelure::vikavolt::spectrier::houndstone:(pokemon associated with magnetism and/or the supernatural)
Justification: THE glass cannon ability. either i die or you die
:bw/spiritomb:
Name: Spiritomb
Type:
Ghost
Dark

Abilities: Pressure / Death Aura / Green-Eyed
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Strength Sap, Mystical Fire, Wind Breaker, Peekaboo, Defog
Justification: spiritomb buff is back!

:bw/ambipom:
Name: Ambipom
Type:
Normal
Ground

Abilities: Technician / Pickup / Skill Link
New Moves: Bone Rush, Stealth Rock, Triple Axel, Swords Dance
Removed Moves: None
Justification: tail slap ambipom is home! but it is missing something...

:bw/mamoswine:
Name: Mamoswine
Type:
Ice
Ground

Abilities: Oblivious / Prehistoric Might / Thick Fat
New Moves: Headlong Rush, Spikes, Swords Dance, Ice Spinner, Mountain Gale
Justification: wanted to change mamo a bit since bax is gone and there are no ice mons. the most notable additions are sd, headlong, and gale, giving mamo a much needed boost in power.

:bw/pikachu::bw/raichu:
Name: Pikachu | Raichu
Type:
Electric
Normal

Abilities: Static / Scrappy
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Double-Edge, Close Combat, Swords Dance, Dazzling Gleam
Justification: extraordinarily stupid idea but the pichu line lost espeed so im here to right wrongs

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Fiery Wrath
- Will-O-Wisp

Zapdos-Galar @ Baseball Bat
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off / Earthquake / Wild Charge

Ambipom @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bone Rush
- Rock Blast
- U-turn / Swords Dance

Mamoswine @ Baseball Bat
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Headlong Rush
- Mountain Gale
- Ice Shard

Raichu @ Tera Shard
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Volt Tackle
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Name: Pursuit
Power: 40BP
PP: 20PP
Category:

Type:

Effect: If an adjacent opposing Pokemon switches out this turn, this move hits that Pokemon before it leaves the field, even if it was not the original target. If the user moves after an opponent using Parting Shot, U-turn, or Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass, it will hit that opponent before it leaves the field. Power doubles and no accuracy check is done if the user hits an opponent switching out, and the user's turn is over; if an opponent faints from this, the replacement Pokemon does not become active until the end of the turn. (yes this is just vanilla pursuit)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Most of what got it pre-dexit (minus Bisharp because Pursuit Kingambit sounds nightmareish) + :inteleon::flapple::barraskewda::lokix::mabosstiff::grafaiai::toedscruel::revavroom::cyclizar::houndstone:
Justification: Since the removal of Pursuit, offensive Ghosts have gone kinda crazy. Bringing back Pursuit allows for these to be trapped in and taken out. FUCK gholdengo
:sm/gholdengo:
Name: Gholdengo
Type:

Abilities: Good As Gold
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Justification: FUCK gholdengo Jokes aside, I think a lot of the issues with Gholdengo lie with how well it compresses the role of "anti-hazard-removal" by being immune to BOTH spinning moves, as well as Defog. I didn't really want to touch its unique interaction with Defog, and Mortal Spin is on exactly One Thing, so cutting the Ghost type it is. (also Gholdengo never really read as a ghost to me, but he IS literally made of metal, so.) Should still be very good on hazard stack for being able to block Defog entirely, but its less good offensive and defensive typing means it's not quite as powerful.

Yoshiblaze

ye
Name: Brisk Wind
Category:

Type:

Effect: Fails if the foe wasn't using an attacking move.
Priority: 1
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Wind
Potential Pokémon With This Move::empoleon::ninetales-alola::chien-pao::froslass::glalie::cloyster::glaceon::frosmoth::articuno::abomasnow::cryogonal::eiscue::baxcalibur::lumineon::cresselia:
Justification: Resubbing this from FuecocoBoi as it's a really neat buff to the mostly non-existent special Ice-types, plus this could go to a couple Water-types.

Name: Cold Cut
Power: 120
Accuracy: 80
Category:

Type:

Effect: Never misses against Ice-types or while Snow is active.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Contact, Slicing
Potential Pokémon With This Move::weavile::glastrier::beartic::avalugg::avalugg-hisui::cetitan::sandslash-alola::cloyster::abomasnow::glalie::froslass::eiscue::cryogonal::gallade::veluza::zangoose::iron leaves::samurott::samurott-hisui::crawdaunt:(:chien-pao::baxcalibur: but they'd never get unbanned if they got it)
Justification: Triple Axel waiting room, while having a neat effect that gives it some use if/when Triple Axel comes back. Run CB Snow Cloak Weav + Glowking + stuff that deals with Crab and Magearna and profit.

Name: Signal Beam
Power: 75
Category:

Type:

Effect: Suppresses the target's ability until they switch out.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :volbeat: + Some of the following (literally everything that got it previously is listed + Gen 8/9 mons, would get cut down if it wins)::ampharos::ariados::articuno::azelf::bronzong::bruxish::chimecho::clefable::cloyster::cresselia::cryogonal::dedenne::delphox::delibird::hypno::eelektross::electrode::electrode-hisui::empoleon::espeon::farigiraf::lurantis::froslass::forretress::gallade::gardevoir::glaceon::glalie::golduck::gothitelle::grumpig::hoopa::hydreigon::jirachi::jolteon::kyogre::volcarona::leavanny::lumineon::luxray::magearna::magnezone::manaphy::masquerain::medicham::meloetta::mesprit::mew::mewtwo::raichu::qwilfish::overqwil::ribombee::rotom::sableye::slowbro::slowking::slowking-galar::slowbro-galar::wyrdeer::uxie::vaporeon::venomoth::vikavolt::vespiquen::vivillon::zapdos::yanmega::articuno-galar::braviary-hisui::calyrex::cramorant::frosmoth::grimmsnarl::hatterene::indeedee::indeedee-f::inteleon::morpeko::pincurchin::typhlosion-hisui::armarouge::ceruledge::bellibolt::dipplin::dudunsparce::espathra::fezandipiti::iron bundle::iron hands::iron jugulis::iron leaves::iron moth::iron thorns::iron treads::iron valiant::kilowattrel::lokix::meowscarada::miraidon::munkidori::pawmot::rabsca::sandy shocks::tatsugiri::toedscruel::ursaluna-bloodmoon::veluza::wo-chien:
Justification: Signal Beam is a "sinister beam of light" but now instead of confusing you, it's sinister in another way. Ability suppression via moves returns in a SylveMons metagame, but instead of being the super strong force that Core Enforcer Wishiwashi was, it's instead the more tame utility and coverage of the more widely distributed Signal Beam.

Name: Graveling Gambit
Power: 130
Accuracy: 75
Category:

Type:

Effect: If this move misses or fails, the user loses 33% of its max HP and switches out.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror
Potential Pokémon With This Move::pyroar::landorus::camerupt::palossand::toedscruel::garchomp::torterra::hippowdon::krookodile::sandaconda::tyranitar::golem::golem-alola::vikavolt::rabsca::diancie::carbink::copperajah::orthworm:
Justification: A fun take on a high risk-high reward move. Hit and it's a 130 BP Special Ground move, which is obviously excellent. Miss and you take some damage, but get to switch, which can be really good (or really bad, depending on the situation).
Name: Illusion
Effect: Same effects as standard + user takes 0.5x damage from attacks while disguised.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability::zorua::zoroark::zorua-hisui::zoroark-hisui: (if the wynaut line comes back i've giving them illusion you can't stop me)
Justification: Zoroark has always been extremely flawed, partially because Illusion kinda sucks in a world with team preview (which is for the better since it'd be insane in a no team preview world), but also because of Zoroark's awful bulk forcing it to take on an insane amount of risk to do just about anything, making it extremely hard to use while you're usually not gonna get much out of it anyway. A boost for Zoroark's bulk while cloaked makes it a lot easier for it come in and out of battle to do its shenanigans while also giving it easier opportunities to attack or setup.

Name: Poison Touch
Effect: This Pokemon's contact moves have a 30% chance of badly poisoning the foe.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Old distribution + :victreebel::skuntank::vespiquen::goodra:
Justification: Buff to being a little less of a worse Toxic Chain since Toxic Chain very obviously has a ton of potential but none of the Loyal Three's most common sets use it. This would ironically be the second time I indirectly buff Sneasler but hey, losing both Dire Claw's dumbness and Unburden means that the only reason I have to hate it is its design, so it's fine.

Name: Birds of a Feather
Effect: This Pokémon's moves deal 10% more damage for every unfainted Flying-type on the user's team, including the user. Maxes out at 1.5x. Activates on switch-in like Supreme Overlord.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability::staraptor::kilowattrel::hawlucha::squawkabilly::honchkrow::delibird::iron bundle::mandibuzz::lycanroc-dusk:(:zapdos:?)
Justification: Fitting to have a Slate 1 resub in the final slate. Abilities, or anything really, that make you craft your team in a unique way are always fun, from simple examples like weather teams or Trick Room, or more odd things like Beat Up. This would encourage BirdSpam in a way where not only do you abuse how great the Flying-type is, but you also have to make sure to keep all your Flying-types alive long enough for your Birds of a Feather user to stay effective, adding a fun dynamic on this boosting ability. Lycanroc-Dusk is there to reference how crows are basically domesticating wolves.

Name: Inevitability
Effect: If this Pokémon faints due to another Pokémon's attack, it uses Future Sight.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability::rabsca::wyrdeer::jirachi::hypno::medicham::dusknoir:
Justification: Based on an ability from a previous solomod idea I had. While it can only happen once, passively putting on pressure like this can be extremely powerful in the right situation. Was considering only making this a 90 BP Future Sight, but after straining to get that potential distrib, 120 BP is looking quite fine when you have to use Rabsca or SpA-invested Jirachi to get it
:sm/jirachi:
Name: Jirachi
Type:

Abilities: Serene Grace / Healer
New Moves: Poltergeist, Destiny Bond, Hex, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Night Shade, Astonish
Justification: A bit weird, especially if the sub that removes Gholdengo's Ghost-typing doesn't win, but basically Jirachi's pixie statline with the great typing of Gholdengo and Aegislash could give it a new lease on life, with Steel/Ghost being a huge upgrade both offensively, getting to click Poltergeist instead of Zen Headbutt, and defensively, having the same weaknesses but 2 more immunities, a U-Turn resistance.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Poltergeist
- U-turn
- Healing Wish / Healing Stones

Jirachi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Wish

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn

:sm/noivern:
Name: Noivern
Type:

Abilities: Frisk / Infiltrator / Tinted Lens
New Moves: Fire Blast, Knock Off
Justification: dragapult but on demon timing, at the cost of 20 speed and 3 spa. run normal tera shard if you're crazy and allergic to specs
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Echo Chamber / Switcheroo / Fire Blast

:sm/rotom::sm/rotom-heat::sm/rotom-wash::sm/rotom-frost::sm/rotom-fan::sm/rotom-mow:
Name: Rotom
Type: All same as standard
Abilities-
Base - Levitate / Adaptability
Heat - Levitate / Smelt
Wash - Levitate / Water Veil
Frost - Levitate / Permafrost
Fan - Levitate / Gale Wings
Mow - Levitate / Natural Cure
New Moves-
All - Defog, Pain Split, Memento, Weather Ball, Dazzling Gleam
Heat - Lava Plume
Wash - Wash Away
Frost - Freeze-Dry
Fan - Air Cutter
Mow - Grass Knot
Justification: It's best to leave as much of the past in the past as possible, but the world is a better place when you can stick Rotom on your team as a viable pivot. Gaining back Defog and Pain Spilt allows Rotom to fufill the defensive pivot and hazard remover roles it used to be able to, and do it quite well at that, particularly Rotom-Heat who can threaten Gholdengo and Rotom-Mow who's Natural Cure allows it to Defog on Gliscor safely. With these buffs come a good amount of new tools for the Rotoms, too. Base, Wash, and Mow all get hidden abilities, with Mow's aforementioned Natural Cure helping it Defog against Gliscor and generally absorb status, Base's Adaptability making it a lot more threatening offensively (in lower tiers), and Wash's Water Veil means that, if you're willing to lose out on Levitate's huge benefits, makes it a lot less reliant on Pain Split for recovery. Each one also gets a single, weaker STAB move that isn't meant to completely outclass their strong, risky moves, but provides some sort of utility. Heat can spread burns with Lava Plume, Wash gets another hazard removal method, Frost gets a more reliable Ice STAB that hits Gastrodon, Fan gets....., and Mow gets a decent alternate STAB option.
Rotom @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick / Dazzling Gleam

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate / Water Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump / Wash Away
- Defog / Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Protect

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard / Pain Split
- Freeze-Dry / Pain Split
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Wind Breaker
- Pain Split

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Defog / Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

:sm/rufflet::sm/braviary:
Name: Rufflet line
Type:

Abilities: Keen Eye / Blunt Force / Hustle (Rufflet), Keen Eye / Blunt Force / Defiant (Braviary)
New Moves: Victory Dance, Choke, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, Will-O-Wisp, Curse, Spite, Destiny Bond, Night Shade, Hex, Shadow Ball, Phantom Force, Feather Dance, Noble Roar (Hisuian Braviary now also gets all of these moves)
Justification: Ghost/Flying/Fighting coverage with Blunt Force goes kinda insane off of 123 Atk, especially with Victory Dance, which is why it lacks Poltergeist. Flavor also works decently well since Braviary is partially based on Native American culture, in which some of those cultures have a strong emphasis on spirits, deity, or the supernatural in general.
Braviary (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blunt Force
Jolly Nature
- Choke
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Braviary (M) @ Baseball Bat
Jolly Nature
- Choke
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Victory Dance

Braviary (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sm/krookodile:
Name: Krookodile
Type:

Abilities: Intimidate / Moxie / Prehistoric Might(HA)
New Moves: Chisel, Skull Bash, Desert Storm, Ceaseless Edge, False Surrender, Dragon Dance
Justification: good hazard setter, but has to choose between revenge killing and sweeping
:sm/kommo-o:
Name: Kommo-o
Type:

Abilities: Bulletproof / Soundproof / Battle Spines(HA)
New Moves: Storm Throw, Throat Chop, Earth Power, Shrapnel Shot
Removed Moves: Belly Drum
Justification: resub but not changing the typing this time
:sm/staraptor:
Name: Staraptor
Type:

Abilities: Intimdate / Reckless / Muscle Memory(HA)
New Moves: Defog, Snatch
Justification: it's technically not outclassing hawlucha as they have completely different roles, but running both staraptor and hawlucha is a bad idea
:sm/toxtricity::sm/toxtricity-low-key:
Name: Toxtricity / Toxtricity-Low-Key
Type:

Amped Abilities: Punk Rock / Plus / Sheer Heart(HA)
Low Key Abilities: Punk Rock / Minus / Exoskeleton(HA)
New Moves: Electroweb, Wind Breaker, Rekindle
Justification: these two don't have great abilities so here they are along with other things

Last edited:
Name: Magician
Effect: If it hits an opponent with a supereffective move, it gives the target the effects of the item it is holding until targets switches out. Doesn't do anything if this Pokémon has no item.
Mold Breaker: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Same Distribution + :Mismagius:, :Jirachi:, :Mesprit:
Justification: Magician but it becomes an insane offensive ability. Edit: Nerfed it so that it only gets the effects of the item.

Last edited:
Name: Feint
Power: 60
PP: 30
Effect: Nullifies their protection and decreases their defenses by 2 if it broken their protection. Does 2x damage if the opponent is switching out
Priority: 2
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current distribution + :garchomp: :tyranitar: :zapdos-galar: :tauros: :tauros-paldea-combat: (+ forms)
Justification: This allows feint to be more punishing to the target as it now punishes passive uses of protect and actually allows it to be threatening if it gets the effect off as lowering a targets defenses by 2 such as wish users like clef, florges, or protect users such as gliscor, garganacl, spiky shield users

Name: Bounce / Dig / Dive / Fly
PP: 20
Type: Flying / Ground / Water / Flying
Effect: All have a charge turn 1, and attack on turn 2
Bounce: Has a 30% chance to paralyze and deals bonus damage to status opponents (1.333x)
Dig: On successful use causes sand tomb to occur on the opponent
Dive: On successful use causes the user to activate water veil
Fly: When this pokemon uses fly, it causes tailwind to happen
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Charge
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Same distribution (:gyarados: gets bounce) (:azumarill: :basculegion: :basculegion-f: :gyarados: :inteleon: :greninja: :samurott: :samurott-hisui: :milotic: :quaquaval: :slowbro: :slowking: get dive) (:gyarados: :gliscor: :articuno: :articuno-galar: :jumpluff: :honchkrow: get fly)
Justification: This gives the 2 turn charge moves an actual niche. we buffed skull bash and meteor beam so its time for the more niche ones to the old moves that haven't been used in such a long time. Bounce is the same but it gives actual uses by incentivizing you to spread status to allow pokemon like gyarados to go ham with it. Dig now causes sand tomb to allow defensive pokemon to be better at forcing progress and to be less passive by giving more reward using this move. Dive now can be used to give yourself permanent water veil recovery to allow yourself to heal better or to be used to setup better with pokemon like dondozo or azumarill

Name: Ignition
Type: Fire
Priority: +1
Effect: Fails unless its the user's first turn on the field, increases your highest stat by 1 on successful use.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): standard + Defrost + Sound
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :articuno-galar: :zapdos-galar: :moltres-galar: :chandelure: :volcarona: :heatran: :infernape: :moltres: :skeledirge: :volcanion: :revavroom: :copperajah: :coalossal:
Justification: This gives fire types a priority move! They didnt have one before! So this gives them smth to work with esp if they want to revenge kill smth fast like a weakened iron val, ogerpon, enamorus, gholdengo, etc. This also gives them a reasont o use by boosting their highest stat which can be their speed, or their sp. attack, or maybe even smth else and you want to use it to setup better.

Name: Wild Charge
Power: 110
Type: Electric
Effect: The user takes recoil damage equal to 1/4 the HP lost by the target. Raises the user's def by 1 on successful use.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: current users + :landorus: :tornadus: :infernape: :salamence: :ursaluna: :lycanroc: :lycanroc-dusk: :lycanroc-midnight: :maushold: :rotom:
Justification: The neglected electric move finally gets a buff... this makes it so that it actually is usable and with the new effect of raising your defense and raising their sp. def cuz of wild electricity it will allow it to also have some defensive potential as you can make yourself tanker on the physical side while they will be still taking the same amount of damage
Name: Quick Claw
Effect: Boosts priority moves power by 1.2x. They do not make contact
Fling Power & Effect: 20
Justification: This gives quick claw 2 things
1) Doesn't make it an RNG item that is just a toxic addition whenever pokemon start abusing it
2) This makes pokemon that have powerful priority moves or special priority moves to feel more powerful.

Name: :safety goggles: safety goggles
Effect: (announces that the user has safety goggles on switch in) Holder is immune to powder moves, cannot be forced out, and damage from Sandstorm.
Fling Power & Effect: 10
Justification: This gives safety goggles a much better niche because wearing goggles can indeed make wind and someone screaming at you to force you out. This makes it so you can't chain whirlwind, roar, dragon tail on this opponent and rack up hazard damage.

Name: Rusted Shield
Effect: If zamazenta, it gives it +steel typing on switch in
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): No
Fling Power & Effect: 20
Justification: I feel if we can allow all forms of masks then we can at least give rusted shield a try. With a steel/fighting typing you can now take on fairies much better and allows it to take on dragon attacks like specs dragapult.

Why I believe this isnt broken? Well its vulnerable to all hazards pre transformation, it has no baseball bat, and it still is stuck with zama-hero stats. I believe this would make zama-c a more unique pokemon than compete with melo-p often times... also I feel this item deserves to be given a shot

Name: Muscle Band
Effect: Gives up to 1.33x extra damage based on how much heavier you are than your opponent. Can give 0.8x extra damage depending on how much lighter you are than your opponent
Fling Power & Effect: 50 & Focus energy effect
Justification: Muscle band has always felt like the niche of niche items as it is like the last thing you are looking for.. so this now gives this a niche by making it an item heavy pokemon want to use such as heatran, snorlax, hoopa-u, iron hands, hisuian goodra, iron thorns, zamazenta, walking wake, etc
Name: Mirror Armor
Effect: Bounces back stat changes and secondary effects
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): Yes
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :jirachi: :iron treads: :bronzong: :scizor: :bisharp: :klefki: :revavroom:
Justification: What does this do? Well it allows counterplay to the annoying asf salt cure, burn chances from something like scald, hurricane confusions, etc. it allows them to be better defensive pokemon against such annoying moves

Name: Oblivious
Effect: This pokemon increases its sp. def whenever its hit by a special attack
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Same + :mudsdale: :blissey: :toxapex: :torkoal: :dipplin: :forretress: :hippowdon: :muk: :orthworm:
Justification: Special version of stamina. This makes it so you can build up your bulk so you are able to take hits better esp users such as dipplin, dondozo, muk, or hippowdon. It also means weaker special hits can make this pokemon a huge threat once it starts racking up several boosts

Name: Shell Armor
Effect: Critical Hits do 1x damage instead of 1.5x and do not ignore stat changes. When a critical hit activates it increases your def depending on the category of attack
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Same +:slowbro: :slowking: :slowbro-galar: :slowking-galar: :polteageist: :sinistcha:
Justification: This makes shell pokemon be better against crits such as setup sweepers and making them even stronger... such as goodra-h or CM slowbro-g, maybe even CM sinistcha get better as a result of this being able to take hits better

Name: Sticky Hold
Effect: This Pokemon cannot lose its held item due to another Pokemon's Ability or attack. On contact it decreases the opponents attack by 1. Knock Off doesn't get boosted and treats it as a unremovable item
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Same users (including swalot) +:goodra: :gastrodon-east: :appletun: :flapple: :wo chien: :muk: :muk-alola: :slither wing: :piloswine: :eelektross: :sandaconda:
Justification: This gives more knock off counterplay... what does this accomplish actually tho? Well it makes them more resilient as a result of not being able to lose their item and being able to shrug off knock offs or
:sm/honchkrow:
Name: Honchkrow
Type: Dark / Flying
Abilities: Green-Eyed / Fur Coat / Overcoat
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Knock Off, Swords Dance, Spikes, Bounce, Roost, Close Combat, Tidy Up
Justification: Overcoat honchkrow now is hazard immune... with its new tools in dragon dance, knock off, and not having to deal with stealth rock it can cut a niche in OU as a mon that can take on ghost types esp when they are choice locked into it, you can also run leftovers to make it much easier to setup or a baseball bat to make ur attacks stronger.

Fur Coat honchkrow takes a diff approach to it and uses its defense to setup on physical pokemon that cant hit it as hard. This means pokemon like kingambit, roaring moon, ogerpon, meow, scizor, zama-h, iron treads, and more can be used as setup fother and use them to setup up those dragon dances, swords dances, or use your bulk to play a more utility role to your team by using spikes or knock off or pivoting. Tidy Up is a nice move for the pokemon that wants to keep itself clean! This gives us another removal option in the meta against stupid gliscor

:sm/Tauros-Paldea-Aqua:
Name: Tauros-Paldea-Aqua
Type: Water / Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate / Water Absorb / Cud Chew
New Moves: Life Dew, Wash Away, Flip Turn, Parry, Haze, Parting Shot, Scald
Justification: Biased against water tauros. This gives water tauros some needed justice to be a better OU pokemon. It can now be a great removal option with wash away and great utility in water absorb at countering rain teams. With intimidate and life dew you can be a great physical tank that can take on great pokemon like melo-p, cinderace, great tusk, kingambit, palafin, roaring moon, etc.

But crab?! well it differs from crab in that it can provide a lot more utility to its team than crab and you would want crab if you want the power or disruption of knock off... or the breaking power with swords dance

:sm/delphox:
Name: Delphox
Type: Fire / Fairy
Abilities: Blaze / Magician
New Moves: Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Peekaboo, Round, Echo Chamber, Thunder Wave, Court Change
Justification: Fire/Fairy is a new unique typing in this game and with fire / fairy typing it is able to provide a new defensive profile to the meta. Being able to check things like dragapult with sp. def, valiant, zamazenta, hattrene, ogrepon-flamemask, etc. With an offensive set it is also able to bring a lot to the table with its utility moves.

Delphox also gaining some new utility moves allow it to be a great def pokemon on some teams esp with court change, wish + round, and esp being a tool with snatch and stealing the opponents moves

:sm/tyranitar:
Name: Tyranitar
Type: Rock / Dragon
Abilities: Sand Stream / Exoskeleton / Guts
New Moves: Close Combat, Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Swords Dance, Head Smash, Outrage, Liquidation, Power Whip, Glaive Rush, Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw
Justification: This gives ttar a lot of potential with its new typing, and its new moves allow it to be a great dragon dance or swords dance sweeper esp with scale shot. New amazing dragon stab in glaive rush gives it amazing spammable options it didnt once have. With exoskeleton you are resistant to grass, and neutral to fighting and ground which are very big things ttar was concerened with in the meta, while sand stream makes it sp. def much higher and allows it to take hits and chip the opponents down, while guts with flame orb makes it a very strong breaker. Liquidation, power whip, and close combat all give it amazing coverage which it would want

Last edited:
Name: Nightfall
Power: -
Type: Ghost
Effect: Uses the user’s Raw Base HP stat as the base power. (150 for Driftblim)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Driftblim, Amoonguss, Braviary-Hisui, Appletun, Vaporeon, Skunktank, Basculeigon
Justification: while purely designed for my pal Driftblim, this has some interesting applications.

Name: Sugar Rush | Sugar Crash
Power: 60 | 60
Accuracy: 100 | 100
PP: 20 | 20
Type: Fairy | Poison
Effect: After usage, becomes Sugar Crash until the user switches out | Deals super effective damage to Steel Types, 50% chance to lower opponent speed.
Priority: +1 | 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact | Contact
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Ribombee, Fezandipiti, Munkidori, Okidogi, Weezing-Galar, Dachsbun, Wigglytuff, Salazzle, Victreebel, Dipplin, Flapple, Appletun, Rotom, Polteageist
Justification: Funny priority into funny speed control and anti-steel poison.

Name: Violent Tornado
Accuracy: 90
Type: Fighting
Effect: Lowers both the user’s speed and the target’s speed
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Spinning, Wind, Punching, Biting, Slicing
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Hawlucha, Kommo-o, Okidogi, Conkeldurr, Pawmot, Cyclizar, Iron Treads, Sandslash, Gallade, Veluza, Drednaw, Gumshoos, Primeape
Justification: how many different flags can I put on one move. Lots. Funny speed thing.

Name: Fair Fight
Effect: While the user is active, no additional stat changes can be added or removed from either pokemon
Permanent (Yes or No): No (I had this as yes for a previous ability and forgot to turn it off for these, oops)
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Bisharp (over Inner Focus), Braviary (over Keen Eye), Hariyama (over Thick Fat), Lucario (over Inner Focus), Arcanine (over Flash Fire)
Justification: weird way of blocking set up, and also blocks your own. Potentially a problem with things like close combat drops being ignored, but it’s ignored on both sides might help keep it in check. Neat interactions with Mold Breaker and Counteract.

Name: Frostbite
Effect: This Pokémon’s Biting moves become Ice type and gain a 1.2x boost in damage.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Gyrados, Zoroark-Hisui, Barraskewda, Avalugg (over Sturdy), Frosslass (over Snow Cloak), Glastrier, Arbok (over Unnerve), Avalugg-Hisui (over Strong Jaw)
Justification: It’s like refrigerate but on biting moves

Name: Cold Front
Effect: This Pokémon’s attacks that have a chance to freeze cannot freeze the opponent. These attacks lower the targets SpAtk by one stage
Blizzard, Freeze Dry, Freezing Glare, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Powder Snow, Tri Attack

Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Cloyster, Ninetales-Alola, Mamoswine, Frosmoth, Frosslass, Articuno, Cryogonal
Justification: Legends Arceus frostbite was cool

:swsh/talonflame:
Name: Talonflame
Type: Fire / Flying
Abilities: Flame Body / Magic Guard / Gale Wings
New Moves: Nah
Removed Moves: Nah
Justification: Talonflame has a lot of cool options at its disposal, this would give it a new way to ignore hazards and block any status that would be annoying if running a defensive build. Life Orb + Brave Bird + Flare Blitz would also be funny.

:swsh/regieleki:
Name: Regieleki
Type: Electric
Abilities: Transistor / Outclass
New Moves
: Grass Knot, Fell Stinger, Tail Slap
Removed Moves: Explosion
Justification: Me at 3 am… what if eleki got coverage? Grass knot helps against ground types that would counter it, Fell Stinger is practically useless but still funny, and tail slap cuz why not.

:swsh/heracross:
Name: Heracross
Type: Bug / Fighting
Abilities: Swarm / Skill Link / Moxie
New Moves: Tidy Up
Removed Moves:
Justification: All the abilities on Heracross are so cool, but one had to go to make room for goofy multi hit shenanigans. Tidy Up is kinda interesting.

Last edited:
Name: Steadfast
Effect: This Pokemon is immune to flinching. It also takes half damage from any Pokémon with a higher base stat total than it.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :lycanroc::lucario::gallade::perrserker:
Justification: uhhh not much to say here, just a cool idea i had. was thinking of giving it to hands but that mon doesn't want this lol.

Name: Barricade
Effect: On switch-in, this Pokemon cannot be inflicted with status conditions and prevents entry hazards from being set on its side until it takes direct damage from an attack.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :iron-hands::glimmora::zamazenta::stonjourner::probopass::avalugg::hariyama: (:toxapex: but it doesn't have the slots)
Justification: More hazard denial!!!! No longer blocks Defog but free Lum Berry is cool on setup guys.
:sv/iron-bundle:
Name: Iron Bundle
Type:

Abilities: Neuron Drive | Dry Skin
New Moves: Bug Buzz, Calm Mind, Defog, First Impression, Hurricane, Roost, Spikes, Lunge, Pounce, Struggle Bug, Skitter Smack
Removed Moves: Flip Turn, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, Whirlpool
Justification: Iron Bundle downloaded a virus. Oh no! Far more balanced than base Bundle due to its horrendous offensive typing, but since it's so much worse now, that gives me the ability to extend its role beyond just 'insanely fast pivoting bot'. Dry Skin is funny flavor joke because the virus dried up all its Water, but also gives OU another option for blocking Wash Away.

Last edited:
Belated ggs (again) for the tour over weekend even though I threw at least that first match. Oh well, at least I confirmed a few things about Parry, so I never have to use :hawlucha: Hawlucha again. That's the real victory.

Well that and :brambleghast: Brambleghast getting Swords Dance. Shame that whatever would have won in :darkrai: Darkrai's place just doesn't now and that slot got (predictably) wasted, but meh. Just glad that HydreigonTheChild already covered two things I wanted again. I will add at least another item and another (actual) ability later.

Name: Inertia Negator [original]
Power: 95
PP: 10 (max. 16)
Type: Psychic
Effect: "After getting hit, the target can't use momentum-based moves for 3 turns."
Priority: +0
Flags: Contact, Mirror, Protect, Punch
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :azelf:, :gallade:, :golduck:, :hoopa:, :iron leaves:, :jirachi:, :medicham:, :mesprit:, :mew:, :mewtwo:, :uxie:
Justification: I did somewhat like the Counterspin idea submitted last slate, but on a type that doesn't have a built in immunity, it could maybe be a bit...obnoxious. So instead this, as a sort of "original" flavor Psychic Fang variant to both Wind Breaker and what Throat Chop has become in this mod, down to randomly having 10 more BP than them (to I guess make up for said type immunity?). That same BP boost also helps make this the physical Psychic move with the most BP, which kills another bird with one stone even before the fact that this being flagged both Contact and Punch means that both Baseball Bat and punch-based boosters also benefit this too. It doesn't seem like a great fit on any of the remaining Iron Fist mons, however, and it probably shouldn't go to that many mons overall. At the very least it gives Mew a strong physical Psychic attack that helps get around its weakness to U-Turn without either a) relying on flinch or b) introducing a strong-recoil based Psychic attack like Mind Crush from previous slates that it can abuse with the change to Synchronize.

Name: Mystical Fire | Chilling Water [redistribution & adjustment | adjustment]
Power: 75 (both)
Accuracy:
100% (both)
PP: 10 (max. 16) (both)
Type:
Fire | Water
Category Special (both)
Effect: "100% chance to lower the target's SpA by 1 stage. Ignores Rain." | "100% chance to lower the target's Atk by 1 stage. In Snow, becomes Ice and, if user is not Ice, gains 50% power."
Priority: +0 (both)
Flags: Mirror, Protect (both); Thaw (Mystical Fire only)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: (Mystical Fire) :armarouge:, :delphox:, :enamorus:, :gallade:, :gardevoir: :hatterene:, and :mismagius: (a.k.a. every Gen 9 still allowed to have it outside of :flutter mane: Flutter Mane, who is losing it if drops with my submission anyway) + :charizard:, :diancie:, :indeedee:, :indeedee-f:, :moltres:, :sylveon:, and the majority of the other mons that lost it going into Gen 9
(Chilling Water) all the mons that already have it

Justification: Someone did this early on and it lost despite Scald not being back, and while I would let that lie, using :indeedee: Indeedee during the last tour just reminded me how utterly stupid it is that the most obnoxious mon with Mystical Fire--Hatterene--got to keep it while something that actually needed it, especially since it wasn't a Fairy, got screwed out of both it and Expanding Force. Given people understandably don't seem to want Expanding Force more distributed again, this seems by far the lesser evil, especially bringing Chilling Water along for the ride since it should still have some legitimate use even with Scald unfortunately back on more mons than just :volcanion: Volcanion.

I tried to put my own spin on both at least, with Mystical Fire getting to ignore Rain's drop since Rain can stand to be brought down a peg still and most mons that fit on Rain are resistant to Fire. That's part of why I had to be so "creative" with Chilling Water's added aspect beyond its power boost since letting ignore Sun would be a rather significant blow to those type of teams given most Sun mons either are weak to Water or want their Atk and letting it get a clear cut in Snow would just make it a free, 100% accurate Hydro Pump, which seems...not balanced. So reverse Meltdown it is I guess.

RESUBMISSION:
Name:
Barb Barrage | Infernal Parade [adjustments]
Power: 15 | 15
Accuracy: 100% | 100%
PP: 10 (max. 16) | 10 (max. 16)
Category: Physical | Special
Type: Poison | Ghost
Effect: Hits 2-5 times. 20% chance to Poison for each hit. Damage increased by 50% if target already poisoned. | Hits 2-5 times. 20% chance to Burn for each hit. Damage increased by 50% if target already burned.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect (both)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: (Barb Barrage) :clodsire:, :qwilfish:, :qwilfish-hisui: & :overqwil:, :slowbro-galar:, :toxicroak:, :vespiquen:
(Infernal Parade) :brambleghast:, :delphox:, :decidueye:, :mismagius:, :sableye:, :typhlosion-hisui: (I would say :basculegion: and :spiritomb: if not for Adaptability and Odd Keystone respectively)
Justification: Both of these signature moves are rather bad, though Barb Barrage is at least somewhat usable compared to Infernal Parade even though Ghost is a far more privileged attacking type, and yet I think G-Luke was the only person who has tried to buff these so far. I'm trying my hand at it as a "quickie" fix, especially since in addition to its weak official effects, it also bothers me that both of these moves sound like multi-hit ones yet...aren't, even if multi-hit special moves are weirdly uncommon. The damage done with status has been decreased just because there's more chance of status even with the meager 20% at present if all 5 hits happen, even in Barb Barrage's case, and because these now do more damage on average, with their average damage being the same as it was before at 60; it's also been decreased because now it can power itself up on the first hit if you get lucky and also because Loaded Dice exist. I could maybe up Barb Barrage's chance of poison to 30% since it gets a bit screwed over in that sense given that Poison is the far worse attacking type, but meh, that might be annoying with this becoming more widespread than Rain's sole non-Water Swift Swim mon somewhat worth using--sorry, :beartic: Beartic, but it's unfortunately true--and no longer Bug (grrr) Vespiquen, who has Supreme Overlord now on top of STAB. (It also somewhat feels like Barb Barrage should be subject to Bulletproof, but that feels like overqwil overkill since it's already Poison-type, so I won't.)

NEW SUBMISSION:
Name:
:weezing: :weezing-galar: A Proper Topper [original]
Effect: "If holder is Weezing or Weezing-Galar, it gains 50% more SpD, regains 1/16 of its HP at the end of every turn, and its Poison and Fairy moves gain 25% more power and accuracy." {Display message is "Weezing(-Galar) is wearing a right fine hat!"}
Can Be Knocked Off: No. (For Weezing and Weezing-Galar only.)
Ignored By Klutz: No. (For Weezing and Weezing-Galar only.)
Fling Power & Effect: 10, inflicts Taunt, Throat Chop, and Toxic statuses. (Finally, freed from the tyranny of :sneasler: Sneasler's Unburden, I can [maybe] do degeneracy experiments like this.)
Justification: The clothes make the mon, and while at least Weezing-Galar is always finely "dressed", it's still somewhat in a weird place, especially now. It's never quite been OU, mostly because of its 4MSS issues and lower SPD and lack of reliable, but then VaporeMons buffed :fezandipiti: Fezandipiti took its Neutralizing Gas niche too while sharing its typing, which puts it in an even rougher spot. So this item, which is a version of the one I meant to post last time before my latest problem-plagued laptop had even more issues than it already had, is an attempt to fix that in the simplest way possible while bringing regular Weezing along for the ride. Thankfully both Weezings have good movepools and abilities, so they don't really need any help there, and so an item seemed the most logical choice here. Ironically, this might defensively benefit regular Weezing more defensively, at least with Levitate, given it would only have one weakness, but it would overall offensively buff Weezing-Galar more, and anything that would help incentivize Weezing-Galar to actually run Misty Surge would be nice. (Even with the nerfs--it originally halved Fire instead of boosting type damage and was immune to Burn and Taunt as well and, briefly, then Heal Block instead of Burn--this still might be a bit much though, but it should be fine as it is now, especially given past items. [Insert totally unrelated pictures of :charizard: Charizard and :meloetta-pirouette: Meloetta-Pirouette here.])

Name: Fan of Favors [original]
Effect: "Boosts the power and accuracy of holder's wind moves by 1.2x and reduces the power of wind moves and critical hits against user by half." (Maybe should annoyance itself given how borderline degenerate Baseball Bat still is. If so, then go with "[Holder] is your second biggest fan and holding the first!" or some other such fan-related or wind-related pun.]
Can Be Knock Off: Yes.
Ignored by Klutz: Yes.
Fling Power & Effect: 10, then Defogs.
Justification: I said that I'd try to make a wind-boosting item again eventually, and this is it. Nothing much to say beyond except that I wanted to initially make this immune to critical hits, but Mithril Armor already has enough going against it still that such an attribute on this seems like would be overkill.

RESUBMISSION:
Name:
:florges: Desert Rose [original]
Effect: "If holder is Florges, ability becomes Sand Cloak, is immune to Heal Block effect, and in Sand gains 50% SpD and restores 1/8 of its max HP per turn."
Can Be Knocked Off: No. (for Florges only)
Ignored by Klutz: No. (for Florges only)
Fling Power & Effect: 10, summons Sand

Justification: Given Denebstargazer is submitting Brambleghast this time and given that I would still like to buff Sand in some capacity so that it might actually be usable this Gen, I started thinking of other Sandstorm-vulnerable mons that I could make compatible with it indirectly, especially with all the mon-exclusive item submissions from last Slate. Cacturne came to mind immmediately of course, but its lackluster defenses, lackluster Speed that Sucker Punch can only solve so much of, and Grass-type stacking more Ice weaknesses for Sand especially if Brambleghast finally wins meant it's not as ideal as it seems to try to buff in this way--at least that I can currently think of.

So instead I eventually settled on pseudo-Grass mon Florges, in part due to my newest move idea but mostly because other plants besides cacti can thrive in the desert (even if a real life desert rose isn't an actual rose--whatever). A Fairy type is something that Sand hasn't really had before and neither is a special set-up sweeper, which was true even when weather was horribly infinite. The item still feels like it needs something more, but I'm honestly unsure how to add to it while it keeping it both in theme and intuitive as well as not bloated and something makes you want to actually Sand rather than use just to have constant access to Draining Kiss no matter what. Shrug. (All I know is that adding 50% SpD in Sand like it's a Rock type would probably be overkill.)

NEW SUBMISSION:
Name:
Down-to-Earth [original]
Effect: "The user Grass, Electric, Psychic, and Fairy attacks have 10% more power; the user receives damage from Ground attacks and attacks that match the active terrain with a halved attacking stat."
Permanent: No.
Mold Breaker: Yes.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :iron hands:, :mew:, :revavroom: (over Filter), :regieleki:, :toedscruel:, etc. (as long as they aren't Flying mons)
Justification: I figure that there can be another Terrain-related ability that isn't becoming instantly more powerful in a certain terrain or needing to invest defensively to become even more defense. At the very least there seems more room for that than another Dark-hating (and Ghost-hating) ability given I was just going to rip off Nocturnal but to a lesser a degree. Just helps Terrain out without making them overpowered as well as makes is so Misty Terrain makes it so that both Dragon and Fairy attacks are halved in addition to Ground--eat it, :garchomp: Garchomp.

RESUBMISSION:
Name:
Normalize | Aerilate | Pixilate | Refrigerate | Galvanize [adjustments]
Effect: "The user's Normal-type attacks become Normal-type | Flying-type | Fairy-type | Ice-type | Electric-type and receive a 20% power boost. The user receives damage from Normal-type | Flying-type | Fairy-type | Ice-type | Electric-type moves with a halved attacking stat.
Permanent (Yes or No):
No.
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): Yes.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: (Normalize) :arcanine: (over Flash Fire), :maushold: (over Friend Guard; do it, you cowards), :persian: (over Unnerve), :persian-alola: (over Rattled), :staraptor:, :zangoose:
(Aerilate) :flapple: (over Gluttony), :gyarados:, :moltres-galar:, :salamence:
(Pixilate) :gardevoir: (over Synchronize), :sylveon:
(Refrigerate) :articuno-galar:, :cryogonal:, :glalie: (over Moody; such a shame this lost Explosion), :rotom-frost:
(Galvanize) :braviary-hisui: (over Keen Eye), :hawlucha: (over Limber), :zapdos-galar:
Justification: Since flareth13 didn't submit these again, I figured I would take a crack at that them, making them half-Thick Fat | pseudo-Punk Rock aspects to help compensate their nerfed forms since no Megas exist anymore. [Insert ignoring Charizard here.] Additionally Normalize is technically part of the same group name-wise (hence the redundant description), but it has always been one of the worst abilities in the game, and resisting Normal as a non-Rock, non-Steel mon is a bit a niche (even if it would be a more of niche to not still be weak to Fighting while doing it).

(originally posted by IceLevelIncarnate, who is currently still missing in action. Will remove if they want. Credit should go to them if this wins since I've literally changed nothing.)
Name: Electric Current | Misty Cover | Psychic Insight
Effect: On entry, sets Electric | Misty | Psychic Terrain. In respective terrain, Def (Electric) or SpD (Misty/Psychic) is x1.3333.
Mold Breaker/Counteract (Yes or No): Yes/No
:pincurchin:(replaces Electric Surge),:bellibolt:(replaces Static),:magearna:
:weezing-galar:(replaces Misty Surge),:alomomola:(replaces Hydration), :volcanion:
:indeedee-f:(replaces Psychic Surge),:delphox:,:hoopa:
Justification: Grass Pelt Shaymin kits are starting to pop off and actually form terrain cores with their respective Paradoxes, so here's some enablers for the other terrains. They still have ways to go without powerful tools like Grassy Glide, but we need to get actual setters in first before we worry about that.

:sm/raichu: :sm/raichu-alola:
Names: Raichu & Raichu-Alola
Types: Electric/Fairy & Electric/Psychic
Abilities: :raichu: Static / Fur Coat / Lightning Rod (hidden ability)
:raichu-alola: Surge Surfer / Swift Swim / Sand Rush (hidden ability)
New Moves: ((from previous slates) (both) Electroweb, Chain Lightning, Peekaboo; (:raichu-alola: only) Psycho Boost)
(both) Dazzling Gleam, Magnet Rise, Rising Voltage {apparently still in the game}, Skull Bash, Parry, Round
(:raichu: only) Moonblast, Snatch, Tail Slap
(:raichu-alola: only) Meteor Beam, Rapid Spin, Wind Breaker
Removed Moves: [none, though I'll understand if Electroweb and/or Nasty Plot has to be removed]

Justification: Given none of the rodent mons have managed to get any type of buff in this mod so far (poor :mimikyu: Mimikyu), I figured I would try my hand at trying to buff the most eternally overlooked of the rodent mons due to its mascot preevo overshadowing it and try to do so without relying upon some type of Light Ball change again. So here we are.

:raichu: Raichu jumps on the Fur Coat train to shore up its by far worst stat in "exchange" for making it that Fur Coat is pretty much the only ability it will ever use. It gets Fairy since :dedenne: Dedenne is still trash and yet it looks closest to an evolution for that than it does :pikachu: Pikachu weirdly. Not much else to say about it really since Pikachu and Raichu already have rather good movepools. They just don't have the stats to back it up, with this being an attempt to fix that given their still great Speed tier.

:raichu-alola: Raichu-Alola, meanwhile, gets a bit screwed over ability-wise since I didn't want to both Raichus defensively oriented if they would remain different typing. Electric/Fairy is overall a better defensive typing anyway since Fairy is so busted defensively, so instead Alolan Raichu is all in on Speed but gets to vary what type of team it wants to be on, making it sure it has a move for each of its three potential teams even if all that took was adding Meteor Beam for Sand since it already has Psycho Boost for Psychic Terrain and Thunder & Surf for Rain. This as well as being able to abuse Electro Ball (and Parry) for all its abilities.

:sm/sawsbuck: :sm/sawsbuck-summer: :sm/sawsbuck-autumn: :sm/sawsbuck-winter:
(I guess default Sawsbuck is implicitly Sawsbuck-Spring)
Type: Normal/Grass | Normal/Fire | Normal/Ghost | Normal/Ice
Abilities:
Chlorophyll | Adaptability (replaces Serene Grace) | Color Change (hidden ability; from previous Slate; replaced Sap Sipper)
Added Moves: Curse, Flare Blitz, Forest's Curse, Ice Spinner, Icicle Spear, Poltergeist, Rage, Rage Fist (...just go with it), Raging Fury, Root Pull, and Skull Bash {previously Trick Or Treat, which is apparently not still in the game}
Removed Moves: [none]

Justification: Oh, right. I did say I would try to save Sawsbuck "later" back in my Zarude entry, and later is...now, apparently, since this is the last Slate. I think this can be done, and I think technically that we could even give the sawsbuck different abilities and movesets, but I'm not sure about that, I don't want to be a pest even more than I already am, so this is enough and can be excused by "Normal mon movepools". Despite the typing changes that would probably see the autumnal Sawsbuck being used the most, even on Sun teams (since Tie-Dye Band exists), in theory they all have some merit in hitting hard with their coverage and Adaptability. This is really the best I can do with giving it some really busted move. (Otherwise I'd just give it Last Respects and call it a day.)

RESUBMISSION:
:sv/iron bundle: & :sv/flutter mane:
:iron bundle: IRON BUNDLE
Type: Ice/Fairy (instead of Ice/Water)
Abilities: Neuron Drive (from Slate 02) | Sand Rush (hidden ability)
Added Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Peekaboo, Psychic Terrain, Rapid Spin, Sandstorm, and Wish. {previously Moonblast too}
Removed Moves: Air Cutter, Aurora Veil, Flip Turn, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, and Whirlpool.

:flutter mane: FLUTTER MANE
Type: Ghost/Rock (instead of Ghost/Fairy)
Abilities: Protostasis (from Slate 02) | Levitate (hidden ability)
Added Moves: Defog, Eerie Spell, Flash Cannon (because screw Ninetales-Alola), Latent Venom, Sandstorm, Snowscape, and Stealth Rock. {previously Meteor Beam too}
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Dark Pulse (flinch is cringeworthy when you can avoid it), Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Energy Ball, Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Psybeam, Psyshock, Stored Power, and Wish.

Justification: My contribution to the seemingly obligatory Slate 09 theme of "nerf adjustments only please". And, yeah. I know these technically aren't direct analogs of each other officially, but they unofficially might as well be given they're two overpowered Paradox mons that each represent an opposing side and are both based on rather underwhelming Gen 2 mons, even if :delibird: Delibird is far more underwhelming than :misdreavus: Misdreavus of course. Besides also sharing BSTs and being the only two banned Paradox mons (:walking wake: Walking Wake wipes its brow), if you squint, then I guess you can also pretend they're both united by being holidays mons too. Just shush and let me have this since it seems like a waste to do both of them separately, though I will understand if I have to do so even given what the Slate already looks like it's shaping up to be. I also admittedly was going to go with :spectrier: Spectrier and :glastrier: Glastrier, but gods, even if you take away Grim Neigh and butcher its movepool harder than I did Flutter Mane, Spectrier is still just too damn fast with too much power to the point it would end up overpowering literally ever other (special) Ghost; sorry, Glastrier. Finally, they would both be mons to help check and murder Gliscor, meaning that they get to jump on that hate train too. Yay!

:iron bundle: Iron Bundle Justification: Somehow easier to justify than Flutter Mane perhaps despite me buffing its typing simply because I want an Ice/Fairy mon that isn't a goddamn Aurora Veil bot and nothing else. I think it keeping Freeze-Dry is actually fine for all its Speed and SpA between a) already being nerfed to go off of Neuron Drive but having no Psychic attacks at all still to take advantage of that (or any other) terrain and b) my further nerfs to ensure that it can't get around its dual STAB being not very effective against both Fire and Steel types at all by way of taking away all of its Water types. Besides, keeping Freeze-Dry will benefit its Sand ability--a "Sandy Claws" joke, honestly--by giving Sand a "natural" way to body Water types since poor :brambleghast: Brambleghast stays losing. Not much else to say about it except that it still has U-Turn despite losing Flip Turn, so it can still pivot while being forced to use a move that both Fire and Steel types also resist; Rapid Spin and Wish are minor concessions to that nerfing as well as Delibird having both, while Moonblast may be a bit much but doesn't worry me as much as Meteor Beam on Flutter Mane does. Oh. I will note that this gives us another (special) Ice type without stepping that heavily on the just upgraded :froslass: Froslass's non-existent toes since this has greater Speed but far less coverage and, with Froslass using Sheer Heart, less power too even ignoring the secondary type differences and movepool differences. (Also, gods, we need at least one mon that would actually like to use Neuron Drive.)

:flutter mane: Flutter Mane Justification: In trying to bring down a Ghost mon that wouldn't be a huge pain, a greatly nerfed :flutter mane: Flutter Mane is probably the least evil option, especially since :decidueye-hisui: Decidueye-Hisui getting made Ghost/Fighting means bringing down :annihilape: Annihilape would just obviate it and :giratina: Giratina is too fat even if it might somehow be legitimately less problematic than Spectrier overall. I was originally going to make nerfed Flutter Mane into a Ghost/Flying type given its being based on a flying head (and given :drifblim: Drifblim unfortunately rather sucks still)...until I realized that doing that would mean it would just end up making another spin locker that also blocked Defog given Wind Breaker would end up its go-to STAB, with the flinch from Air Slash not being that much of a lesser evil. Ghost/Psychic and Ghost/Dark were then considered before realizing that, respectively, either it would just forever obviate the already struggling :Hoopa: Hoopa on top of that type combination sucking or be stuck with another flinching move--Dark Pulse--as one of its strongest moves. So Ghost/Rock it is as a unique typing that somewhat fits given its jewels and already having Power Gem. In a weird way, the weird and unique Ghost/Rock typing might be for the best since it can help both Snow and Sand without being overpowering in either (...I hope) as well amusingly being able to stunt on the most common Gliscor set and use it as a set-up fodder with Levitate and Substitute (and Hex). Not much else to say about it except that I am admittedly a bit wary about Meteor Beam and Sand Clock as well as thankful that it didn't already have Protocrysalis.

Last edited:
Shame that whatever would have won in :darkrai: Darkrai's place just doesn't now and that slot got (predictably) wasted
for the record, since we're using a cutoff to determine winners, nothing would've won in its place, so if it was removed from the votes completely there'd be no change to the winners. just thought i'd mention since this was brought up at least one other time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)