SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

Do we know if Hisuian Growlithe and Arcanine have Pokedex pictures?

So the Hisuian Pokemon available are only H-Growlithe and Basculegion?
Only normal Growlithe has the picture

And yeah I believe it's just those 2 lines; Wyrdeer, Kleavor & Ursaluna (Normal) (& Overqwil) still can't be evolved into in this game either.

Immunity to Water Spout while being neutral to Thunder/Ice Beam is solid, and it also resists things like Precipice Blades and Behemoth Blade.
I forgot about that. Along with Fire neutrality to possibly take a fire punch, with a powerful grass type move to threaten both Don and Ogre! It’s better than I thought
EDIT: why doesn’t Armarouge get Vacum Wave, yet Ceruledge does?

I forgot about that. Along with Fire neutrality to possibly take a fire punch, with a powerful grass type move to threaten both Don and Ogre! It’s better than I thought
One downside I can see is that 80/84/96 bulk is mid, and it cant run lefties or boots.

I don't know if Ogerpon needs to Tera to be a good pokemon. It can either go a suicide spiker lead with Cornerstone, or an offensive breaker with Heartflame. Being immune to Will-O-Wisp, and having mold breaker means it can break past Clodsire/Dozo, and once it doesnt need Mold Breaker anymore, it can Tera Fire to nuke everything in front of it.
I think it'll definitely have its place on teams, but offensive variants are gonna need a lot of support. Stealth Rocks punishes Fire-mask HARD and you only get to Embody Aspect sweep if you get rid of its checks without having to use your Tera - which your opponent could do at any time AND to create a brand new check anyway (Embody Aspect as a gameplan might just be a noob trap more than anything but still)

Obviously it's early days, but these new legendaries feel disappointing. Why did they give Technician to Tank Bird? Is there anything it can even do with it that isn't nonsense? The other two at least got great utility options that are worth using over Toxic Chain.

Ogerpon's a cute idea but the fact it telegraphs its Tera type seems so weak. Classic move for GameFreak to introduce a mon with an entire Tera gimmick that arguably makes it the worst target for terastalization on a competitive team

Munkidori and Okidogi are chill though, they for sure seem viable
I think Ogerpon's alright. Speed and offenses are fairly reasonable stat numbers for it, and it basically trades Tera's unpredictability for Power (which to be fair more than a few Pokemon use it for anyway) with the same-STAB boost always matching its mask. Growth and SD are pretty good boosting moves this gen with Sun doing alright or to work out of the weather instead, plus the masks let it work without fear of Knock Off as a trade off for the item slot.

Grass STAB it's left with options between Power Whip standard, Horn Leech for healing, Grassy Glide if you expect/use Terrain from Rillaboom, and Ivy Cudgel if not using a Mask for the crit chance. Taunt, Encore, Synthesis are always useful options to have on hand for set-up opportunity. Coverage is available by mask and the abilities are distinct enough to give it different playstyles even with its statline, and without having to use up Tera outright to take advantage of those aspects.

That said I think Ogerpon's best form is going to be its base Teal Mask, at least in Gen 9, for item access, because Spikes are still cancer and switching into them (much less Rocks with the Hearthflame Mask) is going to cut into its sweeping or defensive potential unless we get more removal. Teal just goes hard on the Grass moves to bolster damage with an item for utility to set-up or boost, and if you Terastalize it, Embody Aspect boosts the most important stat in Pokemon for the Teal Mask (Speed) like a pre-nerfed Intrepid Sword/Dauntless Shield did to their stats, which makes Tera'd Ogerpon an excellent revenge killer/cleaner since the STAB boost stack can compensate Grass's Mid coverage before any item consideration. Not to say the other forms won't have their place but this is the one I see getting the furthest, especially as long as Tera sticks around in OU.

I have no VGC expertise to evaluate if Ogerpon has viability there.

I think Ogerpon's alright. Speed and offenses are fairly reasonable stat numbers for it, and it basically trades Tera's unpredictability for Power (which to be fair more than a few Pokemon use it for anyway) with the same-STAB boost always matching its mask. Growth and SD are pretty good boosting moves this gen with Sun doing alright or to work out of the weather instead, plus the masks let it work without fear of Knock Off as a trade off for the item slot.

Grass STAB it's left with options between Power Whip standard, Horn Leech for healing, Grassy Glide if you expect/use Terrain from Rillaboom, and Ivy Cudgel if not using a Mask for the crit chance. Taunt, Encore, Synthesis are always useful options to have on hand for set-up opportunity. Coverage is available by mask and the abilities are distinct enough to give it different playstyles even with its statline, and without having to use up Tera outright to take advantage of those aspects.

That said I think Ogerpon's best form is going to be its base Teal Mask, at least in Gen 9, for item access, because Spikes are still cancer and switching into them (much less Rocks with the Hearthflame Mask) is going to cut into its sweeping or defensive potential unless we get more removal. Teal just goes hard on the Grass moves to bolster damage with an item for utility to set-up or boost, and if you Terastalize it, Embody Aspect boosts the most important stat in Pokemon for the Teal Mask (Speed) like a pre-nerfed Intrepid Sword/Dauntless Shield did to their stats, which makes Tera'd Ogerpon an excellent revenge killer/cleaner since the STAB boost stack can compensate Grass's Mid coverage before any item consideration. Not to say the other forms won't have their place but this is the one I see getting the furthest, especially as long as Tera sticks around in OU.

It is classified as restricted, so we wont know for a year or 2

I'm not familiar with the current format but assuming Intimidate is still The Meta, having Defiant would be super good even just for mindgames. Guess correctly and you get a free ticket to click on Ivy Cudgel.
Generally agree that base form will be the strongest. I'm not convinced the masks will be worth the item slot unless you specifically need that form of Ogerpon for role compression

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)