Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think sneasler is banworthy? In the current metagame, the most broken mons by far are cocaine bear and magearna. [Honorable mention chien pao,zamas] Sure sneasler may be uncompetitive but there is a fine line between uncompetitive and banworthy. Hell, heatran was uncompetitive last gen. Wasn't banned. Stuff like garg you could say is uncompetitive. People need to understand right now that stuff like that needs more attention and could require a suspect test or even an outright qb. Sneasler should maybe be suspected down the road but rn? No.

They teased the new unbans like they was featuring on a rap album on instagram/twitter lmao, after 48h comes out they are more broken than ever. I have NEVER seen so much unbans. I don't remember darkrai tested in ou after the dark void nerf or mewtwo getting unbanned just because they was pokemons from past gens, just for making examples or the old meme of arceus bug that was supposed to bentested in ou few gens ago.

There was no time for suspecting tera, no time for suspecting garg, unban ubers for me is the last thing to do in this gen, specially if new mons comes out. They (the council) get this decisions, gamefreak or us (community) has nothing to do with it.

The quickban of regi is because of the most problematic mechanic ever (tera) and almost no one was able to predict that an electric (mostly walled by any ground pokemon in the game) was going to be the best cleaner/setter + hazard control in the tier. Since there is sort of unpredictable factor anything that is uber should remain uber, new threats does not make older threats balanced.

Chien pao is the same, the reason to unban a pokemon banned few months ago was? After magearne gets banned chien will lose a check/counter, same for zama and he will be broken again lmao, it's a loop of wasted time.
They are human. There is no way to predict the future, and you can't blame everything that's wrong with the meta on them. Also, there is a reason only they have a say in what gets suspected. They understand the meta more than 80% of the playerbase.

P.S. You can't blame them for Tera not getting banned. They suspected it, it was the rest of the community that decided not to ban.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
They teased the new unbans like they was featuring on a rap album on instagram/twitter lmao, after 48h comes out they are more broken than ever. I have NEVER seen so much unbans. I don't remember darkrai tested in ou after the dark void nerf or mewtwo getting unbanned just because they was pokemons from past gens, just for making examples or the old meme of arceus bug that was supposed to bentested in ou few gens ago.

There was no time for suspecting tera, no time for suspecting garg, unban ubers for me is the last thing to do in this gen, specially if new mons comes out. They (the council) get this decisions, gamefreak or us (community) has nothing to do with it.

The quickban of regi is because of the most problematic mechanic ever (tera) and almost no one was able to predict that an electric (mostly walled by any ground pokemon in the game) was going to be the best cleaner/setter + hazard control in the tier. Since there is sort of unpredictable factor anything that is uber should remain uber, new threats does not make older threats balanced.

Chien pao is the same, the reason to unban a pokemon banned few months ago was? After magearne gets banned chien will lose a check/counter, same for zama and he will be broken again lmao, it's a loop of wasted time.
ratio 2

TCTphantom

formerly MX42
It strikes me as off so many people are forgetting that one of the current best non Magearna mons in the meta also happens to be a fantastic trick room setter and can just as well set the state for Ursaluna even without mag. Even for full TR, we still have multiple good TR setters.
It’s moreso that you lose such an amazing partner with Magearna. It also threatens fat teams and is great into most of Ursaluna’s checks. It sets up TR for the big bear. It makes the meta friendlier to trick room since it punishes balance, BO, and stall with its specs set and Stored Power sets. Without Mag you lose an amazing partner *and* have a less friendly meta.

Storm Zone

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 20th Official Smogon Tournament
World Defender
Okay after some testing, i realised something, Magearna while seeming really unstoppable, i've only seen it get going behind the screens and it only gets going because of 1 move, i know all its sets may seem impossible to account for but common counter-play does exist, now hear me out since not too many people may agree here, lets look at some comparisons

- When Shed Tail was banned: during the cyclizar era, people thought it was the most broken pokemon of all time, we banned 1 move and almost immediately cyclizar dropped to ou and iirc even below ou, now i aint saying gearna is gonna drop that far obviously but lets at least account for the nerf it gets when the premises are removed, no screens, no momentum, it needs a double turn to setup

- Espeon (when baton pass was banned) : people said the same thing, its espeon and sylveon, during the baton pass era, people at first thought it was the problem, but again look at how far its fallen

- Evasion moves(unsure how long ago this was banned) : people were pushing to ban togekiss over realising the move itself was broken, so they eventually put a clause on evasion and banned evasion boosting moves

- Last Respects: people thought houndstone was the problem, this move was obviously the problem no argument there.

Now looking at these premises: If these mons were so oppressive with these moves, then WHY are we overlooking the main move that broke magearna, this move is highly uncompetitive and has been proven to be highly uncompetitive, look at the impact of psyspam this gen especially with terastallization, 1 move is pushing polteageist rn , polteageist is not good by any means but its seen as a huge threat because of 1 move, STORED POWER. The homie Vert made a great point about accounting for screens by banning the light clay btw.

So hear out my supporting points (THE LAST ONE IS MOST IMPORTANT I DISCUSS A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC SO TRY TO FOCUS ON MY FINAL POINT)

- Magearna is a nice staple on many team structures lacking that one pokemon performing certain roles and type resistances, lets see lando heatran ferro glowking rotom pult , we have no ghost resist, so say we remove heatran and ferrothorn, we place a magearna, and now we suddenly not only have room for a ghost resist, but we have a fairy/dragon immunity, so id say it opens up for better and easier teambuilding, as it fits more as a defensive staple stopping threats like pao if physdef, blanket checks shifu, tusk, and many others with draining kiss, and its a decent spiker, it also fits as a nice steel and support mon on rain also making the playstyle a bit more consistent in the current gen, the main takeaway here is that it fits on most teams kinda like lando-T did, im sure no one wants to ban lando-T obviously(no jokers come at me asking for lando ban it will not be acknowledged)

- Counterplay already Exists:

1. Skeledirge sits on this thing especially with tera , and unaware with tera can blanket check some threats in this meta so we cannot say its only for magearna.

2. Ting-lu, tera the ting lu and magearna now gets spiked on whirlwinded and seen as a small child compared to this defensive beast

3. Volcarona, an example of countering and beating magearna had it not been for the broken move stored power, the qd vs cm sg war is always won if magearna isnt packing that move.

4. Gholdengo, another example of a pokemon that completely counters and sits on magearna if it hadnt been for stored power the setup wars would be won even with tera.

5. Tera Heatran, (see me casually slipping in tera as checks because its such a great mechanic with great benefits and i never want to see it go) , magma storm + taunt will halt it, and surely nobody would run tera rock terablast magearna that would be silly even if u hate volcarona.

6: encore + any breaker say encore scream tail + band shifu, would rip magearna apart, same with headlong tusk, if it teras it gains a new weakness and it cannot benefit from the boost with STORED POWER.

7: Calm mind Slowbro/king, and calm mind glowbro/king which can definitely work in this meta, will win the calm mind wars vs magearna 100% of the time if not for STORED POWER.

8. Other: any cm pokemon that isnt weak to steel or fairy will defeat calm mind magearna 1v1. And BEFORE PEOPLE SAY SPECS, protect mons were already prominent before the arrival of future Reception glowking and all the new mons, so protect will halt that set immediately, choiced mons in general are very bad in protect metas, specs valiant was doing 0 in every game and once i changed it to boosted and could switch moves they could not protect scout anymore, specs fleur can easily be swapped into by glowking, defensive rona, pex(which yall LOVE TO USE XD) , and heatran for obvious reasons.

NOW PLEASE HEAR OUT MY LAST POINT:
Finchinator i fully get your points too that was a great post btw, but please bring this specific point up to the rest of the council as i believe its a positive change.

- I have been actively playing this game competitively since gen4 which is 2008
ish, and i have been competing in tournaments since 2020, and ive had to stand and watch as this move dominated the competitive scene for so long especially on the ladder, every time i see a pokemon with stored power, i have to immediately be alert and play carefully around it, for example if we have to play polteageist without stored power, lets say it gets to +2, it doesnt get the omniboost in bp + stats, it just gets the stat boost, so we no longer have to account for 140bp move, just a simple 80bp move at best, +2 psyshock wouldnt kill physdef rotom and vice versa for psychic and special rotom, we miss out on lots and lots of ohkoes without the move itself. And the most bullshit thing of all is that if u hit any bulky stored power mon holding a weakness policy with a super-effective hit, it automatically adds 120bp onto the move and likely you would just lose regardless because its bulk would survive priority.

So lets go back to the comparisons shall we, even recently in gen9, we've banned and unbanned pokemon because of a single move, cyclizar was freed, so if we could ban these moves over the years (last respects, baton pass, shed tail, double team), WHY cant we ban stored power, stored power is the main move that breaks magearna, back in gen7 it remained in the tier with a significantly larger dex just because there was no stored power, so i believe that its only fair that an argument could be made to ban what i think is one of the top 4 most broken moves of all time under bp, shed tail and double team, which is stored power, stored power is clearly the problem here, and nobody would complain about magearna had it not been allowed.

Just remember people thought houndstone was the mega rayquaza of ou before we banned last respects but look at it now, same with cyclizar and shed tail people thought it was some OP skill-less pivot mon they said it was torn with a broken move, same with espeon and baton pass people kept complaining, people even said togekiss was naruto, it kept double teaming shadow clone jutsu poof it cant be hit blah blah LOL, im just saying everybody can agree that this move broke magearna.

So the MAIN gist of my point is if we could ban the moves that broke these pokemon in the past, we cannot look past banning the move that broke magearna and made the pokemon Polteageist viable in ou, and yes i do believe the move itself is uncompetitive even on polteageist, look what happened with tera , polteageist got coverage with tera, now darks cant auto block stored power(Hence its no longer considered inconsistent cause you cant just slap a dark and beat it), hence it becomes a rising problem, psyspam teams are nearly impossible to beat because of this mon clicking stored power and terablast, no special wall would wall it, blissey would be a nice check to it if it wasnt for stored power. Oh and ESPATHRA, A UU MON , this single move pushed it so far it had to be banned to ubers, and people knew the problem with espathra was stored power.

And before anybody says something like its not broken on other mons , baton pass was fine on MANY other pokemon, its the select few mons that it broke got it banned, so the same logic can be applied here, and im sure stored power is fine on mons that have a decent movepool and dont get more than 1 boosting move, and thats a fact.

This move is clearly the problem and i would like to push for a stored power ban or even a suspect test, lets at the very least try and see how well magearna fares without its main weapon Stored Power, if its proven to be broken still, then fine it will suffice and i will admit i was wrong, but dont quick ban it immediately without considering the move that allegedly broke it.

Have a good day all =)

Last edited:
Okay after some testing, i realised something, Magearna while seeming really unstoppable, i've only seen it get going behind the screens and it only gets going because of 1 move, i know all its sets may seem impossible to account for but common counter-play does exist, now hear me out since not too many people may agree here, lets look at some comparisons

- When Shed Tail was banned: during the cyclizar era, people thought it was the most broken pokemon of all time, we banned 1 move and almost immediately cyclizar dropped to ou and iirc even below ou, now i aint saying gearna is gonna drop that far obviously but lets at least account for the nerf it gets when the premises are removed, no screens, no momentum, it needs a double turn to setup

- Espeon (when baton pass was banned) : people said the same thing, its espeon and sylveon, during the baton pass era, people at first thought it was the problem, but again look at how far its fallen

- Evasion moves(unsure how long ago this was banned) : people were pushing to ban togekiss over realising the move itself was broken, so they eventually put a clause on evasion and banned evasion boosting moves

- Last Respects: people thought houndstone was the problem, this move was obviously the problem no argument there.

Now looking at these premises: If these mons were so oppressive with these moves, then WHY are we overlooking the main move that broke magearna, this move is highly uncompetitive and has been proven to be highly uncompetitive, look at the impact of psyspam this gen especially with terastallization, 1 move is pushing polteageist rn , polteageist is not good by any means but its seen as a huge threat because of 1 move, STORED POWER. The homie Vert made a great point about accounting for screens by banning the light clay btw.

So hear out my supporting points (THE LAST ONE IS MOST IMPORTANT I DISCUSS A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC SO TRY TO FOCUS ON MY FINAL POINT)

- Magearna is a nice staple on many team structures lacking that one pokemon performing certain roles and type resistances, lets see lando heatran ferro glowking rotom pult , we have no ghost resist, so say we remove heatran and ferrothorn, we place a magearna, and now we suddenly not only have room for a ghost resist, but we have a fairy/dragon immunity, so id say it opens up for better and easier teambuilding, as it fits more as a defensive staple stopping threats like pao if physdef, blanket checks shifu, tusk, and many others with draining kiss, and its a decent spiker, it also fits as a nice steel and support mon on rain also making the playstyle a bit more consistent in the current gen, the main takeaway here is that it fits on most teams kinda like lando-T did, im sure no one wants to ban lando-T obviously(no jokers come at me asking for lando ban it will not be acknowledged)

- Counterplay already Exists:

1. Skeledirge sits on this thing especially with tera , and unaware with tera can blanket check some threats in this meta so we cannot say its only for magearna.

2. Ting-lu, tera the ting lu and magearna now gets spiked on whirlwinded and seen as a small child compared to this defensive beast

3. Volcarona, an example of countering and beating magearna had it not been for the broken move stored power, the qd vs cm sg war is always won if magearna isnt packing that move.

4. Gholdengo, another example of a pokemon that completely counters and sits on magearna if it hadnt been for stored power the setup wars would be won even with tera.

5. Tera Heatran, (see me casually slipping in tera as checks because its such a great mechanic with great benefits and i never want to see it go) , magma storm + taunt will halt it, and surely nobody would run tera rock terablast magearna that would be silly even if u hate volcarona.

6: encore + any breaker say encore scream tail + band shifu, would rip magearna apart, same with headlong tusk, if it teras it gains a new weakness and it cannot benefit from the boost with STORED POWER.

7: Calm mind Slowbro/king, and calm mind glowbro/king which can definitely work in this meta, will win the calm mind wars vs magearna 100% of the time if not for STORED POWER.

8. Other: any cm pokemon that isnt weak to steel or fairy will defeat calm mind magearna 1v1. And BEFORE PEOPLE SAY SPECS, protect mons were already prominent before the arrival of future Reception glowking and all the new mons, so protect will halt that set immediately, choiced mons in general are very bad in protect metas, specs valiant was doing 0 in every game and once i changed it to boosted and could switch moves they could not protect scout anymore, specs fleur can easily be swapped into by glowking, defensive rona, pex(which yall LOVE TO USE XD) , and heatran for obvious reasons.

NOW PLEASE HEAR OUT MY LAST POINT:
Finchinator i fully get your points too that was a great post btw, but please bring this specific point up to the rest of the council as i believe its a positive change.

- I have been actively playing this game competitively since gen4 which is 2008
ish, and i have been competing in tournaments since 2020, and ive had to stand and watch as this move dominated the competitive scene for so long especially on the ladder, every time i see a pokemon with stored power, i have to immediately be alert and play carefully around it, for example if we have to play polteageist without stored power, lets say it gets to +2, it doesnt get the omniboost in bp + stats, it just gets the stat boost, so we no longer have to account for 140bp move, just a simple 80bp move at best, +2 psyshock wouldnt kill physdef rotom and vice versa for psychic and special rotom, we miss out on lots and lots of ohkoes without the move itself. And the most bullshit thing of all is that if u hit any bulky stored power mon holding a weakness policy with a super-effective hit, it automatically adds 120bp onto the move and likely you would just lose regardless because its bulk would survive priority.

So lets go back to the comparisons shall we, even recently in gen9, we've banned and unbanned pokemon because of a single move, cyclizar was freed, so if we could ban these moves over the years (last respects, baton pass, shed tail, double team), WHY cant we ban stored power, stored power is the main move that breaks magearna, back in gen7 it remained in the tier with a significantly larger dex just because there was no stored power, so i believe that its only fair that an argument could be made to ban what i think is one of the top 4 most broken moves of all time under bp, shed tail and double team, which is stored power, stored power is clearly the problem here, and nobody would complain about magearna had it not been allowed.

Just remember people thought houndstone was the mega rayquaza of ou before we banned last respects but look at it now, same with cyclizar and shed tail people thought it was some OP skill-less pivot mon they said it was torn with a broken move, same with espeon and baton pass people kept complaining, people even said togekiss was naruto, it kept double teaming shadow clone jutsu poof it cant be hit blah blah LOL, im just saying everybody can agree that this move broke magearna.

So the MAIN gist of my point is if we could ban the moves that broke these pokemon in the past, we cannot look past banning the move that broke magearna and made the pokemon Polteageist viable in ou, and yes i do believe the move itself is uncompetitive even on polteageist, look what happened with tera , polteageist got coverage with tera, now darks cant auto block stored power(Hence its no longer considered inconsistent cause you cant just slap a dark and beat it), hence it becomes a rising problem, psyspam teams are nearly impossible to beat because of this mon clicking stored power and terablast, no special wall would wall it, blissey would be a nice check to it if it wasnt for stored power. And before anybody says something like its not broken on other mons , baton pass was fine on MANY other pokemon, its the select few mons that it broke got it banned, so the same logic can be applied here.

This move is clearly the problem and i would like to push for a stored power ban or even a suspect test, lets at the very least try and see how well magearna fares without its main weapon Stored Power, if its proven to be broken still, then fine it will suffice and i will admit i was wrong, but dont quick ban it immediately without considering the move that allegedly broke it.

Have a good day all =)
Tera Blast might also be worth looking into. Giving Pokemon coverage they previously didn't have is I think what pushed Regieleki to the edge and makes the Teapot kinda BS too (though tbf I thought it was BS last generation too).

i go on vacation for a while, home drops while i'm away, and i come back to light clay being on the radar? what the hell is even going on here anymore. i'm not even complaining, i still have bad flashbacks to week 1 grimm screens ho, but what even happened

Tera Blast might also be worth looking into. Giving Pokemon coverage they previously didn't have is I think what pushed Regieleki to the edge and makes the Teapot kinda BS too (though tbf I thought it was BS last generation too).
It’s just hidden power, but it can be physical or special (positive) and only mons mon per battle can use it, AND they have to change their type to do so (negative)

Just remember people thought houndstone was the mega rayquaza of ou before we banned last respects but look at it now, same with cyclizar and shed tail people thought it was some OP skill-less pivot mon they said it was torn with a broken move,
Except both shed tail and last respects were blatantly broken moves. The former grossly enabled set up sweepers if the opponent gave even the slightest opening. Last Respects just promoted non interactive gameplay with strategies set up purely to facilitate the user and sweep.

And before anybody says something like its not broken on other mons , baton pass was fine on MANY other pokemon, its the select few mons that it broke got it banned, so the same logic can be applied here.
BP was an entire can of worms that the move as a whole was just degenerate and broken which was learned through years of haggling with it and nerfing it repeatedly, only to keep causing problems. You can't seriously apply the same logic to stored power, which is a set up move that also requires the correct factors to even abuse strongly.

It's not the problem. Every abuser had a collection of traits that enables them to use stored power successfully. Espathra? Speed boost+calm mind and juuust the right move pool (also tera is a major factor) as well as screens support. Magearna? Stats, typing, movepool, and screens (tera helps even further. These are the only two broken SP users right now. Your Polteageist example doesn't even work because the issue isn't SP... It's tera letting Polt have coverage it wasn't supposed to have and even dodge revenge killing. Polt isn't even an issue in the tier. Psyspam is annoying but it's super fishy and cheesy. There's a reason it isn't common. It's not terribly consistent.

If you really wanted to nerf Mag to make it maybe more palatable, screens should be the target. But screens would have to proof problematic first.

Stored power is an issue rn only when Magearna uses it, Hatt has been using it for months and is not a big deal for the metagame, or even Poltergeis which was disscussed for a bit but that mon isn't even OU. It is hard to see why not just ban Magearna in that case, from all the stored power users in the game rn only Mag is considered unhealthy. It is not comparable to batton pass because it worked not only for the user but because other mon was getting free buffs. Just look at this example:
8 SpA Torkoal Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jumpluff in Sun: 236-282 (81 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Jumpluff gets into the field against a Torkoal predicting the lava plume, it doesn't KO and Jumpluff has weakness police, the next turn uses baton pass and now one of the mons of your rival has a free SD/nasty plot. If even a shitmon like Jumpluff can give +2 to any mon you can imagine then it doesn't matter how bad it is. In stored power case that interaction doesn't exist, what it matters in this case is just the user and how effective it can be to set up and win, the issue is that Magearna doesn't need as much support to sweep teams thanks to it, but of course stuff like screens help, but even without it there are high chances of it winning alone.

I wanna talk about this thing because it's been the Pokemon I have enjoyed using the most by far:

1685652311966.png

So, Enamorus's most direct comparaison is Iron Valiant. Both are fast, strong, mostly specially based Fairy-types that can still go mixed. And I honestly feel like Enamorus is about as viable as Iron Valiant all things considered, which is saying a lot given that Iron Valiant was like, a top 5 mon in the pre-home metagame

So, these two Pokemon have very similar stat spreads, first of all. Iron Valiant is 10 base points faster, and while 116 vs 106 seems like a huge deal, I also feel like it doesn't matter as much as you'd think. you only really miss out on unboosted Walking Wake and Iron Moth, which... isn't nothing, but isn't the end of the world either. Meawhile, Enamorus is 15 base SpA stronger than Iron Valiant, 135 vs for 120, which is pretty noticeable,, those moonblasts really sting! Enamorus also has a bit more special bulk and a bit less physical bulk, which doesn't matter too much, and Iron Valiant is quite a bit stronger on the physical side, but I don't feel like that matters for Enamorus either, because, while Contrary Superpower seems appealing, I'd say don't bother with it. To me, Enamorus' best set is easily this:

Enamorus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Ground / Fairy / Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire / Substitute / Agility

This set encapsulates what Enamorus does best: setting up one Calm Mind and completely dismantling balance. One of the big downsides of Enamorus compared to Iron Valiant is that you're more or less locked into using Heavy-Duty Boots, and miss out on being able to just run Specs like Iron Valiant does, and obviously you don't have access to any booster energy shenanigans either. But I also feel like the typing is a huge blessing too, because it allows Enamorus to take advantage of the plethora of bulky Grounds in the tier and set up on them. Most Lando-T, Great Tusk and Ting-Lu can't touch it at all, and this allows Enamorus to find setup opportunities really consistently, which Iron Valiant tends to have more trouble with since there's nothing it really walls.

But the real reason you want to run Enamorus, and this set specifically, is the coverage. I feel like Iron Valiant really struggles with 4MSS, especially on its CM set, since you want Tbolt, Psyshock, Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere, and you can't fit all of them. The Specs set has a much easier time hitting everything, but it's also not too hard to pivot around and therefore isn't as effective at tearing apart bulkier teams as a CM set. Enamorus, on the other hand, has Earth Power, which is absolutely huge. This lets it hit all of Gholdengo, Toxapex, Galarian Slowking, Closdire, Skeledirge, Iron Moth, Heatran, Volcanion, Glimmora and Ceruledge super effectively, which Iron Valiant can't easily do with a single moveset. The combination of STAB Moonblast, Calm Mind, and Earth Power is just so, so effective as completely dismantling defensive cores that I honestly feel like Enamorus is one of the absolute best balance breakers in the tier, and certainly better at breaking apart bulky teams than Iron Valiant.

I used to run Tera Fairy, which is actually pretty good beause it makes Moonblast hits stupid hard, but I switched ot Tera Ground because it lets you do dumb shit like this:

252 SpA Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Toxapex: 150-176 (49.5 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clodsire: 218-260 (47 - 56.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 217-256 (58.1 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also, Tera Ground is really, really good for it defensively because it allows it to tank Electric, Poison and Rock moves aimed at it while it's trying to set up. It does make you worse vs Ice moves though, so if you want to handle those, consider Tera Fire, but I feel like Ice moves aren't all that relevant in OU (especially with Chien Pao probably getting the boot soon lol). It does help a bit against stuff like Ice Beam Galarian Slowking but with the +1 SpD you're taking that hit anyway, the SpD boost from CM actually helps in a lot of scenarios

For the last move, I run Mystical Fire for Corviknight, but that's pretty much all you hit with it, so if you're not scared of it (except for maybe Gholdengo on the spcifc turn it Tera Flyings), you can probably run Sub or Agility to improve your matchup against offense. I can't imagine that there's much on offense that can take on a speed-boosted Enamorus, and the defensive typing helps you find setup opportunities even against more offensive teams.

Enamorus doens't jump out as much as some of the more broken things in the tier, but I absolutely do think it's going to be a top-tier metagame staple once things settle down. It completely ruins balance cores like almost nothing else. And it's already been doing realy, really well for me, cannot reccomend this thing enough.

Last edited:
The radar is just what we expected. No need to hide it anymore

I will say tho, IMMACULATE drawing skillz
For people who are struggling to deal with Magearna, I have made a blueprint on how to deal with Magearna much easier.

https://pastebin.com/tbRpneJs
Warning: There might be few inaccuracies, but this should help teambuilding a lot.
:sv/skeledirge:
The answer to the big guns. Maybe a Tera for EQ Ursaluna, but solid against Zamazenta and Magearna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)