Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well yes. Obviously. But did people use screens Walking Wake? No, because sun + screens is too much setup in a short amount of time. It could be used on screen teams because like it honestly only needs 2 actual turns to be of any use - those being the turn Guts activates, and the potential hit after a Swords Dance

Maybe I overyped cocaine bear
Bro what the hell are you talking about?

All I am saying is Ursa will probably debut, be a very domineering presense til a suspect test might be warranted, if it makes it the tier settles around it and it's no longer insane.

Trick Room, swap out, Swords Dance, and now you have two turns for Ursalina to murder things. Without the Swords Dance boost, it's very powerful but not "OHKO walls" powerful, and while it has great bulk, it's defensive typing is only good, whereas Melmetal's was excellent.

Very powerful, yes. Quick ban levels of clearly broken, no.
Luna being banworthy itself is very questionable tbh, so quickban is out of the equation. I do think it will make TR viable for some time (as TR is usually pretty bad)

I just realized giratina returns and wonder why there is no vote on it? With mons like ting lu or dondozo out there its bulk isnt exceptional anymore and its dark/ghost/fairy and ice type weaknesses are hindering it aswell. it has no realiable recover either. Being a defogger that beats gholdengo would be very interesting for the meta imo.
Atleast Giratina-A should be voted on imo, Giratina-origin and griseous orb could stay banned
Lmao are you actually arguing to unban Giratina, or is this just a joke
No one can take this seriously.

Trick Room, swap out, Swords Dance, and now you have two turns for Ursalina to murder things. Without the Swords Dance boost, it's very powerful but not "OHKO walls" powerful, and while it has great bulk, it's defensive typing is only good, whereas Melmetal's was excellent.

Very powerful, yes. Quick ban levels of clearly broken, no.
Luna doesn't even NEED the SD. It just helps against very specific mons. And yes it is "OHKO walls" powerful. Just guts facade is enough to blow any wall that isn't super fat like Pex (which dies to EQ anyway). Tera normal facade trims that already short list.

For whatever reason FlamingVictini has voted OU on nearly everything, guess this user just likes the chaos
i saw this on the ou chat and its like dudes he has the right to vote whatever

i interpret his votes as ou for already released mons as for "let's retry them" and abstain for new mons as "i dont think we should be having this discussion"

but all in all he has the right to vote whatever

There are some mons that I consider abdsurd and st@$#&pid to make them OU.
However, what I want to believe and what I think is what's going to happen. And I really think many are hoping for this as well. Is that even if OU wins in the voting for a mon, it still can be quick banned in less than a week if the feedback is negative.

Right? Right...?

i saw this on the ou chat and its like dudes he has the right to vote whatever

i interpret his votes as ou for already released mons as for "let's retry them" and abstain for new mons as "i dont think we should be having this discussion"

but all in all he has the right to vote whatever
You are not wrong in the slightest. Yes, all council members should be allowed to vote for what they want. Yes, this user has some logic for their decisions.
However, if flutter mane (and a couple others) were released into OU, it would be like making Miraidon available to use at the start of the generation. The tier would break, even in the small amount of time before being quickbanned. There is a reason that bans are made, as some mons such as flutter mane have no place in the tier.

Luna doesn't even NEED the SD. It just helps against very specific mons. And yes it is "OHKO walls" powerful. Just guts facade is enough to blow any wall that isn't super fat like Pex (which dies to EQ anyway). Tera normal facade trims that already short list.
The odds are favourable for OHKOing Pex with Tera Normal Facade, so yes, you are definitely right that it is "OHKO walls" powerful. Ursuluna is the strongest Guts user in the history of Pokemon.

252+ Atk Guts Tera Normal Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 282-334 (92.7 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Guts Tera Normal Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 418-494 (112.6 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Honestly the council IMO has hit everything to a T. I think everything thus far is how I would've voted (in terms of final results). I think the only thing I might disagree with is Magearna, but since I'm a hard Magearna fan im so happy to use it in OU.

shoutout to FlamingVictini tho

edit: Ushifu-S starting out in Ubers is great, it gaining SD was a wicked blow

Honestly the council IMO has hit everything to a T. I think everything thus far is how I would've voted (in terms of final results). I think the only thing I might disagree with is Magearna, but since I'm a hard Magearna fan im so happy to use it in OU.

shoutout to FlamingVictini tho

edit: Ushifu-S starting out in Ubers is great, it gaining SD was a wicked blow
cant wait to see quagsire in OU to handle mag like how they handled zacian

yes shoutout to them for voting OU or abstaining on basically everything except LR which is unanimously agreed to be trouble

also ushifu

The near unanimous ban of Single Strike gets me thinking about Rapid. It gained the same new powerful tools as Single, it's very much worth keeping an eye on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)