Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Does anyone else always see this when they try to make any twitch link in any forum post?

View attachment 492424

Is there a way around this other thank linking a text to the twitch page you want to link to?

Thanks for any help.
So when you see this on here:

You can see this message in the developer console:

1676516682292.png

Has this been an issue for a while? Twitch changed how their embeds are coded a while back, so maybe smogon just never got that update. I looked around online and a couple of other forums had this problem as well, so all I can think of is to try to get a hold of someone who works on the site and see if they can fix it. I'm sorry to not be of much help though.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
So when you see this on here:

You can see this message in the developer console:

View attachment 492437

Has this been an issue for a while? Twitch changed how their embeds are coded a while back, so maybe smogon just never got that update. I looked around online and a couple of other forums had this problem as well, so all I can think of is to try to get a hold of someone who works on the site and see if they can fix it. I'm sorry to not be of much help though.
yeah I think it’s been an issue since I started streaming a year ago at least (feel free to follow btw for Uu content, link in my signature).

I’ll see if I can tag a relevant mod if nobody replies to this in a day or two, thanks for pointing this out.

Is there a requirement other than ELO to get on the ladder? I’m wondering because I have an ELO of 1653 for gen 9 random battles, but I’m not showing up on the top 500 ladder. Are there other factors that contribute to this, or is it a bug? Thanks!
7794341E-5ABA-45E1-BD36-80FFA5C70465.jpeg
A99B68FE-FCEF-4C4F-9AEF-32143B7959CB.jpeg

Is there a requirement other than ELO to get on the ladder? I’m wondering because I have an ELO of 1653 for gen 9 random battles, but I’m not showing up on the top 500 ladder. Are there other factors that contribute to this, or is it a bug? Thanks!View attachment 492700View attachment 492701
If you just reached it, then it might take a while for the ladder to update, which is normal.
Edit: that's the ladder for Gen 9 Random Battle Blitz, not regular Random Battles, lowest on the regular one is around 1970.
Sorry, that's ladder for Gen 8 Random Battles, latter still applies.

If you just reached it, then it might take a while for the ladder to update, which is normal.
Edit: that's the ladder for Gen 9 Random Battle Blitz, not regular Random Battles, lowest on the regular one is around 1970.
Sorry, that's ladder for Gen 8 Random Battles, latter still applies.
Thanks! When will the gen 9 randbats eventually be up as an official ladder?
And how would I view the ladder for it? you mentioned that the regular lowest is 1970, is there a place I can find that? Only the gen 8 one shows up for me, but I might just be missing it.

Thanks! When will the gen 9 randbats eventually be up as an official ladder?
And how would I view the ladder for it? you mentioned that the regular lowest is 1970, is there a place I can find that? Only the gen 8 one shows up for me, but I might just be missing it.
Should be there, try looking further up. 1970 is just what its at right now, i'm sure it will get higher in the future.

How do you get to suggest OMOTMs?

It would also be cool to add a Multi-Battle Format, it's already a thing in random but not with yourteam.

Also, who do you need to ask for creating an Art thread in smeargle?

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Is it theoretically possible to reach a GXE of 100%? And is it possible to reach a GXE of under 10%?
GXE is an estimate of the probability of you beating a player with a Glicko-1 of 1500+/-300, so you can get close to 100% but it should be basically impossible to actually hit it. Getting under 10% should be possible in theory but highly unlikely.

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
in the CAP project forums, creating of new threads is disabled unless by higher ranked people. If this is possible, then why in forums like OU, even though the rules prohibit creation of new threads, the feature of making new threads is still enabled? wouldn’t it be easier to moderate if creating threads was disabled there too?
There are regular users that still want to make threads for resources and the like; disabling such a privilege would make the process more complicated than it needs to be. CAP Project forums are different in that creation of threads is limited to TLTs and moderators (not sure on the former someone can fact check me) because it's the forum for the actual CAP process creation and not for metagame discussion/resources.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
There are regular users that still want to make threads for resources and the like; disabling such a privilege would make the process more complicated than it needs to be. CAP Project forums are different in that creation of threads is limited to TLTs and moderators (not sure on the former someone can fact check me) because it's the forum for the actual CAP process creation and not for metagame discussion/resources.
you hit the nail on the head; CAP Metagame allows anyone to make threads.

Are there any plans on re-designing the smogon main page (www.smogon.com)?

I know that HTML can be a bitch sometimes but i also don't think it would be much harder to make it look somewhat better... In comparison to almost everything else hosted (and yes i'm aware the forums are on a service of sorts so it's natural it looks better), i think it could definetely get a glow-up. That, and flying press articles should probably get dark mode available, or at the very least have the white bg changed to a different monochromatic color that doesn't harm the eyes as much in darkness

I just have an issue with the main page looking like someone forgot what css was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)