Scarlet and Violet UU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monky25

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
1676678156015.png

I promise we’ll get new art soon!
Hosted by Monky25 and Lily

Hello and welcome to the very first Scarlet and Violet UU Viability Rankings!

Here, we come together as a community with a goal to rank every viable Pokemon within the SV UU metagame into ranks indicating their dominance and effect in the tier. This can serve as a great resource for teambuilding by essentially being a threat list, helping newer players understand which is the best Pokemon to use and what to account for while building. Any user is encouraged to post in this thread and share their thoughts on rankings that should be changed, which our lovely viability ranking team will read and discuss as we schedule VR updates. There is no set schedule for VR updates, but rather when we determine that the current rankings may be an inaccurate representation of the current metagame. There also is the possibility of mini updates which can be quick metagame changes that should directly happen without needing to conduct a full slate. The current viability council is below:

The ranking descriptions for what each rank means and what the characteristics are of Pokemon in these ranks are in the below spoiler:
S and S-: The best of the best Pokemon, being extremely splashable and versatile, having high consistency, and shaping the tier’s development. Their dominance has a notable effect on teambuilding and the dynamics of the tier. S- Pokemon are Pokemon that are a step above the rest of the A+ Pokemon but may not be as centralizing or potent as another S tier.
A+ and A: great and metagame defining Pokemon that have exceptional prowess and must be accounted for while building, not as defining as S rank Pokemon but still strong Pokemon that most teams should make use of. A rank Pokemon have similar traits to A+ Pokemon but may be held back due to performance or usage.
A- and B+: These are Pokemon that still have an impactful role in the metagame and should still be accounted for, but lack the consistency and/or potency to be ranked any higher.
B: Generally the lowest ranking of Pokemon considered impactful to the tier, these Pokemon operate decently within the metagame but have enough notable flaws to keep them from being tier staples.
B- and C+: Pokemon in these ranks are without a doubt viable, but have noticeable flaws and restrictions that limit splashability and usage in the tier while not being too consistent either. Pokemon that are staples found in niche but viable playstyles reside here.
C: These Pokemon have roles in the metagame that are generally outclassed for the most part, but still have enough relevance and usefulness in the metagame to warrant a ranking.
D: Lastly, Pokemon in D rank are UU by usage but completely unviable. Discussion on D rank Pokemon is prohibited.

When nominating changes to happen in this VR PLEASE avoid personal biases and instead use information such as trends working for or against this Pokemon as well as usage to support your claim. Note usage does not always equal viability. There is a correlation, but just because Forretress got more usage last month than Quagsire on the ladder does not mean it is a better Pokemon; tournament usage stats are generally better support for nominations. For nominating unranked Pokemon to be ranked, consider a few things: Does this have enough of a distinguishable niche in the metagame? (meaning does what it does act differently enough from another ranked Pokemon). Also, should the first criteria be met, is this niche relevant enough in the current metagame? A good nomination of an unranked Pokemon would be here or here. Replays are also great tools to help support a nomination and are required to nominate an unranked Pokemon. And with that, here are our viability rankings! Happy posting!

Sandy Shocks Rank
Sandy Shocks

A+ Rank
Cyclizar
Salamence
Scizor
Talonflame
Tinkaton
Tyranitar
Wo-Chien

A Rank
Gastrodon
Greninja
Hippowdon
Hisuian Form
Hisuian Zoroark
Iron Jugulis
Pawmot
Quagsire
Quaquaval
Scream Tail
Slowbro

A- Rank
Alomomola
Armarouge
Decidueye
Gengar
Gyarados
Magnezone
Mimikyu
Noivern

B+ Rank
Donphan
Florges
Gardevoir
Hawlucha
Kilowattrel
Lucario
Maushold
Oricorio Pom-Pom
Paldean Aqua Tauros
Polteageist
Slither Wing
Toxtricity

B Rank
Blissey
Chesnaught
Grafaiai
Hariyama
Haxorus
Indeedee
Lycanroc Dusk
Paldean Blaze Tauros
Heat Rotom
Rotom Heat
Sylveon

B- Rank
Altaria
Brambleghast
Espeon
Gallade
Lokix
Rotom Mow
Tatsugiri
Weavile

C+ Rank
Bisharp
Brute Bonnet
Cloyster
Dragalge
Hisuian Sneasel
Iron Thorns
Oricorio Sensu
Staraptor

C Rank
Coalossal
Ditto
Drednaw
Flamigo
Muk
Naclstack
Orthworm
Salazzle
Samurott
Tsareena

Last edited by a moderator:

Monky25

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
There will be a 24 hour period to ask questions about the current VR, where the VR team will be happy to respond to any concerns. Please avoid repeating questions, it just clogs the thread up when it has already been answered or asked, so expect repeat posts to be deleted. Hold off on nominations until this period is over. I’ll answer three likely questions ahead of time in this post:

1. What Pokémon were voted on?
  • We voted on all Pokémon in the viability list (minus pelipper and Orthworm since they rose to OU). We then included the new drops in Pawmot, Iron Hands, and Torkoal as well as Scovillain who has experienced new viability with sun being in the tier. If there’s a Pokémon you wanted to see ranked that wasn’t voted on, be sure to nominate it following the proper guidelines!
  1. Why put up a VR when Iron Hands could very well be banned soon?
  • The Viability Rankings is one of the, perhaps the most important resource in the generation. It’s almost March and we have yet to put one up. We felt that we should put one up as soon as possible when the meta has somewhat settled and then look forward to the changes anyway with UUPL starting and a potential ban changing the metagame. Besides, you now have a new topic to post about here in changes post Iron hands should it be banned!
  1. Why is there no C- rank? Other tiers before have them!
  • Based on a model from the last gen, there really isn’t a need for a C- rank. In gen 8, it ended up being clogged with bad Pokemon that didn’t get any usage basically and there wasn’t too much of a difference from the C rank, so they were merged which ended up being really beneficial to clearing up the VR. Thus, C- is not a rank that will appear on this VR.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hi guys, this VR looks quite accurate overall, although I'm curious about why is Oricorio-Pom-Pom in A.

Let Iron Hands celebrate for a few days before it gets banned.

Is there a specific reason why Brute Bonnet is so low or is just outclassed by wo-chien and bisharp?

1. Idk if you all are experiencing this but why are the images broken [as in some work fine, others for mons like Gengar and Tinkaton fail to show up]
2. Serious question, I'm a bit curious as to why Brambleghast and Tatsugiri are so high.

View attachment 492883
I promise we’ll get new art soon!
Hosted by Monky25 and Lily

Hello and welcome to the very first Scarlet and Violet UU Viability Rankings!

Here, we come together as a community with a goal to rank every viable Pokemon within the SV UU metagame into ranks indicating their dominance and effect in the tier. This can serve as a great resource for teambuilding by essentially being a threat list, helping newer players understand which is the best Pokemon to use and what to account for while building. Any user is encouraged to post in this thread and share their thoughts on rankings that should be changed, which our lovely viability ranking team will read and discuss as we schedule VR updates. There is no set schedule for VR updates, but rather when we determine that the current rankings may be an inaccurate representation of the current metagame. There also is the possibility of mini updates which can be quick metagame changes that should directly happen without needing to conduct a full slate. The current viability council is below:

The ranking descriptions for what each rank means and what the characteristics are of Pokemon in these ranks are in the below spoiler:
S and S-: The best of the best Pokemon, being extremely splashable and versatile, having high consistency, and shaping the tier’s development. Their dominance has a notable effect on teambuilding and the dynamics of the tier. S- Pokemon are Pokemon that are a step above the rest of the A+ Pokemon but may not be as centralizing or potent as another S tier.
A+ and A: great and metagame defining Pokemon that have exceptional prowess and must be accounted for while building, not as defining as S rank Pokemon but still strong Pokemon that most teams should make use of. A rank Pokemon have similar traits to A+ Pokemon but may be held back due to performance or usage.
A- and B+: These are Pokemon that still have an impactful role in the metagame and should still be accounted for, but lack the consistency and/or potency to be ranked any higher.
B: Generally the lowest ranking of Pokemon considered impactful to the tier, these Pokemon operate decently within the metagame but have enough notable flaws to keep them from being tier staples.
B- and C+: Pokemon in these ranks are without a doubt viable, but have noticeable flaws and restrictions that limit splashability and usage in the tier while not being too consistent either. Pokemon that are staples found in niche but viable playstyles reside here.
C: These Pokemon have roles in the metagame that are generally outclassed for the most part, but still have enough relevance and usefulness in the metagame to warrant a ranking.
D: Lastly, Pokemon in D rank are UU by usage but completely unviable. Discussion on D rank Pokemon is prohibited.

When nominating changes to happen in this VR PLEASE avoid personal biases and instead use information such as trends working for or against this Pokemon as well as usage to support your claim. Note usage does not always equal viability. There is a correlation, but just because Forretress got more usage last month than Quagsire on the ladder does not mean it is a better Pokemon; tournament usage stats are generally better support for nominations. For nominating unranked Pokemon to be ranked, consider a few things: Does this have enough of a distinguishable niche in the metagame? (meaning does what it does act differently enough from another ranked Pokemon). Also, should the first criteria be met, is this niche relevant enough in the current metagame? A good nomination of an unranked Pokemon would be here or here. Replays are also great tools to help support a nomination and are required to nominate an unranked Pokemon. And with that, here are our viability rankings! Happy posting!

S Rank
Iron Hands

A+ Rank
Gengar
Pawmot
Quagsire
Salamence
Sandy Shocks
Talonflame
Tinkaton
Tyranitar

A Rank
Oricorio-Pom-Pom
Slither Wing
Slowking
Wo-Chien

A- Rank
Gastrodon
Grafaiai
Hippowdon
Iron Jugulis
Lucario
Mimikyu
Noivern
Scream Tail
Staraptor

B+ Rank
Armarouge
Bisharp
Brambleghast
Donphan
Gallade
Gyarados
Haxorus
Kilowattrel
Lycanroc-D
Magnezone
Maushold
Polteageist
Slowbro
Tatsugiri
Tsareena

B Rank
Gardevoir
Hawlucha
Lokix
Oricorio-Sensu
Rotom-Mow
Tauros-Paldea-Fire
Tauros-Paldea-Water
Toxtricity

B- Rank
Cloyster
Drednaw
Indeedee
Iron Thorns
Salazzle
Torkoal

C+ Rank
Alomomola
Bellibolt
Blissey
Espeon
Florges
Froslass
Heracross
Palossand
Scovillain
Sylveon
Toedscruel
Weavile

C Rank
Altaria
Brute Bonnet
Cetitan
Charizard
Ditto
Drifblim
Flamigo
Forretress
Frosmoth
Klefki
Krookodile
Masquerain
Naclstack
Sableye
Umbreon
Venomoth

D Rank
Barraskewda
Floatzel
Can someone explain why hax is so high in viablity yet dosent have enough usage.I mean i thought it would be a C tier mon but its actually in B+. Dosent it have competition with salamence and noivern.

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Can someone explain why hax is so high in viablity yet dosent have enough usage.I mean i thought it would be a C tier mon but its actually in B+. Dosent it have competition with salamence and noivern.
Its speed at +1 dd is really good right now and also has the option of SD trailblaze making its set more versatile than salamence as well. With a higher attack stat it can also guarantee KO's better against bulky fairies like scream tail if needed. It also has mold breaker which ignores the popular mimikyu's disguise ability letting it kill mimi in 1 hit with iron head. It does not really compete with noivern imo as hax always wants to set up and noivern looks to either break with strong choice specs attacks or pivot with a boots and u-turn set, so they serve different roles on a team. Hope this helps!

Its speed at +1 dd is really good right now and also has the option of SD trailblaze making its set more versatile than salamence as well. With a higher attack stat it can also guarantee KO's better against bulky fairies like scream tail if needed. It also has mold breaker which ignores the popular mimikyu's disguise ability letting it kill mimi in 1 hit with iron head. It does not really compete with noivern imo as hax always wants to set up and noivern looks to either break with strong choice specs attacks or pivot with a boots and u-turn set, so they serve different roles on a team. Hope this helps!
Thanks dude

Why is Torkoal only in B-? Sun in general has been great in my experience, what with providing Protosynthesis mons great support and enabling mons like Scovillain and Zard to wreak havoc.

Why is Torkoal only in B-? Sun in general has been great in my experience, what with providing Protosynthesis mons great support and enabling mons like Scovillain and Zard to wreak havoc.
Generally Sun just doesn't match up well against the overall metagame because of two big factors.

1: The abusers themselves aren't broken enough to make up for how middling Torkoal is as a pokemon, nor do they make up for how much team support Torkoal and to a lesser extent some of the more dangerous abusers need. The only abuser I'd say reaches the level of something like Floatzel or Kilowattrel on Rain is Slither Wing, everything else is either strong but balanced (Armarouge, Sandy Shocks) or kinda bad (Scovillain, Charizard). That same sentiment applies to the gluemons aswell, since necessary evil mons like Espeon kinda stink.

2: It doesn't match up well against general metagame trends at the moment. I previously mentioned Slither Wing and Sandy Shocks as examples of abusers that are strong, but they're also excellent pokemon in their own right without Sun support. If your opponent has either of these two on their team they're essentially getting the same boost your own proto mons get with zero opportunity cost. This also applies to the other weather setters in the tier, mainly Hippowdon and Tyranitar, who are both common and dangerous against Sun teams. This mainly applies to Hippowdon since Torkoal can tech in Body Press or Wisp for Tyranitar.

Either way the fact that most teams are using at least one mon which either takes advantage of your own weather or cut it off completely just makes sun less overall consistent than other playstyles in the tier. Keep in mind that Torkoal is in the same tier as Indeedee, which is another flawed abuser that enables a HO playstyle. I assume that the credit is going mainly toward the better abusers here instead of the setters.

I'd also like to make some noms myself.

:alomomola::blissey: C+ ---> B-

This applies to Alomomola more than Blissey, but I still think that ranking a Stall exclusive mon a whole tier under a Sun exclusive mon doesn't make sense when Stall is a better overall playstyle than Sun imo (it's also much more proven if that matters). I get that lacking flexibility is a big downside, but Blissey is an extremely important mon on Stall and even some Semistall teams so I feel as if the VR should reflect that.

As for Alomomola, I think that atleast giving it a bit more credit for being a solid Semi-Stall and Balance mon would be fair, since personally I think that it's better and more flexible than most of the junk in C+ tier. Like comparing it 1 to 1 against a mon like Blissey, Mola is a lot more important on stall as a Pink Blob since unlike Blissey it has irreplacable utility (Wish + Regen + U-Turn sponge that checks Slither Wing).

Stall Bias who? :>

Last edited:
Hi, before my questions thanks for getting a VR up! As for questions how Wattrel and Pom-Pom are in B+ and A respectively? Also what puts the likes of Forretress, Krook and Weav so low?

I would like to make a premature nom

:tinkaton: A+ -> S-
I personally think Girlboss Lando-T should be S/S- Tier, with or without Hands this Mon is very versatile and fits on many teams, the only thing holding it back is a ground weakness, which really isn’t a flaw just a typing disadvantage. Even then, Steel/Fairy is one of the premier defensive typings in the game. With Knock, Encore, Rocks, TWave, Screens, and the best Steel move in the game, Tinkaton is an amazing utility Mon, and I think it should rise.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
2. Serious question, I'm a bit curious as to why Brambleghast and Tatsugiri are so high.
This is generally due to the current hazard metagame being pretty favored towards the setters, but for the specifics.

Brambleghast is the spinblocker of choice as it forces Donphan to run Ice Shard to even have a chance at killing it and turns Tsareena into basically a U-Turn bot. If those two end up giving it free turns, it can just set Spikes, adding on to your hazards further. Worse Rapid Spinners like Toedscruel and Forretress fare even worse, not to mention that Brambleghast can easily spin away hazards set by those two right away. Strength Sap also means it can't easily be worn down by Tsar or Donphan because it can restore all of its health in a flash if you position it properly. It's not a bad spinner itself since it threatens opposing Brambleghasts with Shadow Ball and can 2HKO, but its main role is as a spinblocker and an hazard stacker.

I'm surprised Tatsugiri is this high, it might've been a bit of a biased vote, but that's moreso because it sees little use. From what I've heard though, it basically uses its strong STABs and high spatk to force certain mons in and force the spin off because ghosts can't come in (Regieleki in the previous gen could do something similar). It's obviously also a 120 base spatk mon with Nasty Plot and 110+ BP stabs so it can hit hard, but as far as offensive threats go, it's not a standout. It's mostly its ability to force switches and get the spin off that makes it valuable.

Hi, before my questions thanks for getting a VR up! As for questions how Wattrel and Pom-Pom are in B+ and A respectively? Also what puts the likes of Forretress, Krook and Weav so low?
Kilowattrel is a pokemon that I personally would've put higher, but I'll explain its role so you can make up your opinion on how good you think it is. While it was used on Rain before, Kilowattrel doesn't really need it to function since it just boosts the accuracy of its STABs. With it gone, it turns more into a pivot for hazard stack teams. Hurricane is a very deadly STAB, it deals a lot of damage to most specially defensive Ground types and the confusion chance can be absolutely devastating for the matchup. However, the most threatening thing about Kilowattrel is that resisting Hurricane is really not good enough to take it on. Hurricane resistances like Tyranitar and Tinkaton are pretty easy for it to just Volt Switch on and wear down through Spikes and Volt Switch damage. As such, it can actually apply a lot of pressure to certain teams as it can be hard to deal with Volt Switch+Hurricane. It can also use options like Tera Blast Grass to beat through Gastrodon and Sandy Shocks, Volt Absorb so that Shocks can't deal with it despite resisting Hurricane and being immune to Volt Switch or Competitive so it can get a massive spatk boost from defoggers, which can be great with spikestack.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom is another one I'm surprised to see this high. It tends to use a very physically bulky set with Quiver Dance and Roost which can be pretty hard to take down thanks to the defensive typing and the bulk and, once boosted up, can cleave through a good amount of teams. It can also make good use of Tera as Revelation Dance changes type with your Tera type, so it can use its Tera to go to types like Ground or Fighting to hit targets like Tinkaton or Tyranitar. It's a bit easier to show through a replay, so I'll link this one:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1776099901

Forretress is kind of infamous for being a low ladder trap. Essentially, whatever progress it may do, such as setting or removing hazards, can be easily undone because it's so passive. It's bulky, but lacks recovery and it can set and remove hazards, but doesn't have any ways of stopping the opponent from getting their own setter or remover in.

Krookodile has fallen off hard from losing Knock Off. Without it, it's generally pretty unthreatening to a lot of defensive mons. It also has trouble getting kills for Scarf Moxie sets to work and has to compete with Sandy Shocks as an offensive Ground type and hazard setter. Taunt seems like its best way to get things done in theory, but even that probably has some big issues.

Weavile would have probably been even lower if this VR had been done a little earlier funnily enough. It's currently on the rise due to a lack of good physical Ice answers. Tinkaton's tendency to be specially defensive means it can only properly switch-in once. Choice Band Icicle Crash rounded off with Night Slash for the slowtwins and Low Kick for Steel types can threaten a lot, and it's fast enough to force out even stuff like Noivern. It also has Ice Shard which can be great utility. It does have its fair share of weaknesses though, Talonflame is faster and can burn it, the Tauroses are extremely tough for it to deal with and its Rock weakness can be hard to deal with. I'd say its VR placement is a bit unfair currently, but I'd say it's on the rise.

This is generally due to the current hazard metagame being pretty favored towards the setters, but for the specifics.

Brambleghast is the spinblocker of choice as it forces Donphan to run Ice Shard to even have a chance at killing it and turns Tsareena into basically a U-Turn bot. If those two end up giving it free turns, it can just set Spikes, adding on to your hazards further. Worse Rapid Spinners like Toedscruel and Forretress fare even worse, not to mention that Brambleghast can easily spin away hazards set by those two right away. Strength Sap also means it can't easily be worn down by Tsar or Donphan because it can restore all of its health in a flash if you position it properly. It's not a bad spinner itself since it threatens opposing Brambleghasts with Shadow Ball and can 2HKO, but its main role is as a spinblocker and an hazard stacker.

I'm surprised Tatsugiri is this high, it might've been a bit of a biased vote, but that's moreso because it sees little use. From what I've heard though, it basically uses its strong STABs and high spatk to force certain mons in and force the spin off because ghosts can't come in (Regieleki in the previous gen could do something similar). It's obviously also a 120 base spatk mon with Nasty Plot and 110+ BP stabs so it can hit hard, but as far as offensive threats go, it's not a standout. It's mostly its ability to force switches and get the spin off that makes it valuable.

Kilowattrel is a pokemon that I personally would've put higher, but I'll explain its role so you can make up your opinion on how good you think it is. While it was used on Rain before, Kilowattrel doesn't really need it to function since it just boosts the accuracy of its STABs. With it gone, it turns more into a pivot for hazard stack teams. Hurricane is a very deadly STAB, it deals a lot of damage to most specially defensive Ground types and the confusion chance can be absolutely devastating for the matchup. However, the most threatening thing about Kilowattrel is that resisting Hurricane is really not good enough to take it on. Hurricane resistances like Tyranitar and Tinkaton are pretty easy for it to just Volt Switch on and wear down through Spikes and Volt Switch damage. As such, it can actually apply a lot of pressure to certain teams as it can be hard to deal with Volt Switch+Hurricane. It can also use options like Tera Blast Grass to beat through Gastrodon and Sandy Shocks, Volt Absorb so that Shocks can't deal with it despite resisting Hurricane and being immune to Volt Switch or Competitive so it can get a massive spatk boost from defoggers, which can be great with spikestack.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom is another one I'm surprised to see this high. It tends to use a very physically bulky set with Quiver Dance and Roost which can be pretty hard to take down thanks to the defensive typing and the bulk and, once boosted up, can cleave through a good amount of teams. It can also make good use of Tera as Revelation Dance changes type with your Tera type, so it can use its Tera to go to types like Ground or Fighting to hit targets like Tinkaton or Tyranitar. It's a bit easier to show through a replay, so I'll link this one:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1776099901

Forretress is kind of infamous for being a low ladder trap. Essentially, whatever progress it may do, such as setting or removing hazards, can be easily undone because it's so passive. It's bulky, but lacks recovery and it can set and remove hazards, but doesn't have any ways of stopping the opponent from getting their own setter or remover in.

Krookodile has fallen off hard from losing Knock Off. Without it, it's generally pretty unthreatening to a lot of defensive mons. It also has trouble getting kills for Scarf Moxie sets to work and has to compete with Sandy Shocks as an offensive Ground type and hazard setter. Taunt seems like its best way to get things done in theory, but even that probably has some big issues.

Weavile would have probably been even lower if this VR had been done a little earlier funnily enough. It's currently on the rise due to a lack of good physical Ice answers. Tinkaton's tendency to be specially defensive means it can only properly switch-in once. Choice Band Icicle Crash rounded off with Night Slash for the slowtwins and Low Kick for Steel types can threaten a lot, and it's fast enough to force out even stuff like Noivern. It also has Ice Shard which can be great utility. It does have its fair share of weaknesses though, Talonflame is faster and can burn it, the Tauroses are extremely tough for it to deal with and its Rock weakness can be hard to deal with. I'd say its VR placement is a bit unfair currently, but I'd say it's on the rise.
Ok cheers mate

:sv/Leafeon:

Nomming Leafeon from UR -> B-, it's a better sun sweeper than Scovillain as it can boost with SD and has more opportunities to do so since it has considerable physical bulk to go with its higher Att stat. With Tera Fire it can sweep entire teams for the most part and not worry about Talon burn as well as resisting First Impression. You don't even need Solar Blade (rip in P) since Leaf Blade already does enough damage to what you're hitting after +2 and you can keep using it with Sun down. Here's a replay from UU Masters of me using it:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1797328759-vqqigoia0z0lx1zwj9nhdmutwhkisu9pw

Some calcs:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tera Fire Leafeon Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 257-303 (98.4 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Fire Leafeon Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 374-445 (100 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tera Fire Leafeon Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Talonflame: 396-467 (110.3 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tera Fire Leafeon Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tablets of Ruin Wo-Chien: 328-385 (87.7 - 102.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

It's not the bee's knees or anything but if we're ranking Scovillain up there as a Sun sweeper then Leafeon deserves to be on there as well. It's also faster than Scovillain and won't get outsped by any +1s or Scarves even while Adamant.

1. Idk if you all are experiencing this but why are the images broken [as in some work fine, others for mons like Gengar and Tinkaton fail to show up]
Brambleghast is a great utility mon , compressing a lot of roles in one slot. It's a spinner that also acts as a spinblocker which is a good niche (not to mention it can lay spikes as well) and its immunity to fighting give it a lot of opportunities to get consistent spins off. It has good longevity thanks to strength sap and has further utility in shadow sneak being able to pick off Polteageist and Armarouge. A strong Power Whip helps vs Slowking and Donphan and Colbur softens dark moves like Donphan's knock. Wind Rider can help it stave off choice Iron Jugs and Noivern locked into Hurricane and generally make them more prediction reliant. Also basically completely cucks Tsareena who's forced into U Turning throughout as it will achieve nothing else vs it. Tatsugiri with Nasty Plot and Draco is a dangerous wallbreaker, but it can utilize it's capability to force switches with Rapid Spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)