Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:sm/banette-mega:
Name: Mega Banette
Type: Ghost
Ability: Cursed Touch (This Pokémon's contact moves apply the Ghost-type to the target. {Like Trick or Treat})
Stats: 64 / 145 (+30) / 95 (+30) / 83 / 93 (+30) / 75 (+10) [555] (Stats may change)
New Moves: Drain Punch
Description: The ability works like a pseudo-Swords Dance but it also comes with some limitations. Normal and Fighting moves can only be used to apply the effect, and cannot be used after bc the target will be immune. Ghost has some very bad physical moves, so giving it an ability to boost their power works well with Banette.

Ema Skye

Work!
Type: Ghost/Dark
Ability: Ectoplasm (When hit by a contact move, adds Ghost-type to the attacker)
Stats: 64 HP / 135 Atk (+20) / 75 Def (+10) / 83 SpA / 103 SpD (+40) / 95 Spe (+30) [BST]
New Moves:
Description: So this is a really cool Pursuit trapper because that's a move that exists this gen. Making contact allows it to trap with Pursuit or bop them with a massive Knock Off. Gunk Shot complements the Dark STAB.

:sm/glalie-mega:
Name: Mega Glalie
Type: Ice/Ground
Ability: Ice Face
Stats: 80 HP / 100 Atk (+20) / 80 Def / 140 SpA (+60) / 130 SpD (+50) / 50 Spe (-30) --> 80 HP / 100 Atk / 40 Def / 140 SpA / 90 SpD / 130 Spe [580 BST]
New Moves: Earth Power
Description: Glalie is an Ice-type and its the Face Pokemon, this is too perfect not to do. Unlike Eiscue, Glalie boasts real attacking stats without needing to boost and isn't reliant on Belly Drum to sweep. Glalie can also set spikes on Pokemon that choose to not engage with it.

Last edited:
:SM/glalie-mega:
Ability: Water Absorb
Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Def: 80 -> 130 (+50)
SpA: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 70 (-10)
New Moves: Recover, Rapid Spin
Description: Glalie returns as a big, chunky beast rather than a wallbreaker: it is a massive frozen boulder, after all. Although its typing still isn't very good, Water Absorb + Recover grants it safe switchins on Water attacks and a way to keep itself alive for longer, avoiding the issue of slowly being worn down by Stealth Rocks and other similar sources. Rapid Spin also helps in said issue, making Glalie a solid wall which can set hazards and remove them whenever needed.

EDIT: Gave it Ground typing as recommended. Should make it a bit better defensively.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Type:

Ability: Refrigerate
Stats: 80 / 120 (+40) / 75 (-5) / 120 (+40) / 75 (-5) / 110 (+30) [580 BST]
New Moves: Rapid Spin
Description: I really like a couple of the other Glalie submissions and don't have many ideas myself, so I just decided to beef up vanilla Mega Glalie if anyone's a big fan of it. Vanilla Glalie's big problem is that it's a little too slow and frail to justify using your Mega slot on it when it's saddled with one of the worst type combinations in the game in pure Ice. Even with this issue and the existence of every other Mega in base ORAS, Glalie still manages to be D Rank in base ORAS. With just a tiny boost to Speed, Glalie gets to outspeed that many more things (namely Garchomp and Keldeo), making Glalie a bit more worth it, especially in the early stages of the metagame where using your Mega slot on it has less opportunity cost. Hates that both Mega Lucario and Houndoom have 115 Speed, though. I don't really like Refrigerate Rapid Spin if I'm being completely honest and Glalie is not a good user of it, but more hazard control options in a pre-HDB metagame is appreciated and it gives Glalie something else to run in its 4th slot if you have Spikes on something else.
Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Explosion
- Spikes / Rapid Spin

Type:

Ability: Prankster
Stats: 64 / 155 (+40) / 65 / 83 / 93 (+30) / 95 (+30) [555 BST]
New Moves: Swords Dance, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Defog
Description: Resisting the urge to put Swords Dance + Prankster Copycat Banette in a third Pet Mod, Banette turns into a weird combination of future gen Grimmsnarl and Mimikyu. Prankster Parting Shot is a little overhyped, but in a generation where Dark-types can't block Prankster-boosted moves it's quite nice to bypass Banette's middling Speed. This allows Banette to act as a pivot, threatening to cripple offensive mons at any moment with Prankster Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave. On the flip side, Banette can also set up with Bulk Up or Swords Dance, heal damage off with Drain Punch, and try to sweep. Not very strong on its own, but it can be a great nuisance. Also gave it Defog because having more hazard control options never hurts, though if doesn't really have the space for it unless you're desperate for hazard control. Also, Prankster Destiny Bond is a funny gimmick that works this gen.
Pivot (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Parting Shot

Swords Dance (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance

:sm/lopunny-mega:
Name: Mega Lopunny
Type:

Ability: Protean
Stats: 65 / 96 (+20) / 100 (+16) / 81 (+27) / 110 (+14) / 128 (+23) [580 BST]
New Moves: U-Turn, Spikes, Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt, Dual Chop, Stone Edge
Description: I was trying to figure what to do with Lopunny that'd make people like it more than the original but I was stuck. Then I remembered that esteemed user anaconja always puts this one gif of Cinderace and Lopunny (that description sounds way worse than it actually is) in chat whenever he joins a server and suddenly everything clicked. With Greninja being banned, ORAS no longer has a Protean mon (sorry Kecleon) and if any Mega Evolution is gonna get Protean, Lopunny's high Speed and huge movepool make it a prime candidate. Like Greninja, as well as Cinderace and Meowscarada in later gens, Lopunny is a fast offensive utility pivot. It's a bit weak, as its attacking stats are quite low due to Protean being ridiculous, but with its high Speed, decent bulk, and utility in Thunder Wave, Knock Off, Spikes (every Protean mon must have Spikes), and Healing Wish. Since it can't hold a Life Orb or Choice Band, its offensive sets won't be as strong as Greninja or something like Meowscarada, but with strong moves in Return, High Jump Kick, Play Rough, Stone Edge, and the aforementioned Knock Off, it's still decently strong. However, its lack of power does mean that it struggles with Slowbro, Landorus, and Rotom-Wash, among others. Dual Chop, Play Rough, and Stone Edge give it one offensive move of each type (and Zen Headbutt gives it a Psychic one that isn't Mirror Coat).
Offensive Pivot (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out / Spikes / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Play Rough
- U-turn

Last edited:
:sm/Glalie-Mega:
Type: Ice
Ability: Wrecking Ball (This Pokemon's Defense, Special Defense and Speed is raised 1 stage after attacking with Ice Ball or Rollout.)
Stats: 80 / 80 / 120 (+40) / 80 / 120 (+40) / 100 (+20) [580 BST]
New Moves: Ice Ball, Rapid Spin
Description: Watch him rolling, watch him go. Glalie rolls around, snowballing and beefing itself up after each use of Ice Ball or Rollout. These are naturally weak and unreliable attacks, but with the added bulk from the stats buff from the Mega and the ability, it can secure landing stronger and stronger moves, possibly rolling out of control (it also learns Defense Curl, for a base damage increase). Also added Rapid Spin for flavor and further support.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Wrecking Ball
Jolly Nature
- Ice Ball
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Rollout

Type: Ghost / Fairy
Ability: Haunted House (On switch-in or when a Pokemon gains this ability, Trick Room begins until this ability is not active in battle.)
Stats: 64 / 144 (+29) / 95 (+30) / 105 (+19) / 95 (+32) / 55 (-10) [555 BST] → 64 / 129 (+14) / 95 (+30) / 110 (+24) / 95 (+32) / 65 [555 BST]
New Moves: Play Rough, Hone Claws
Description: I've always thought that linking Trick Room to an ability might be too strong, that's why this is not only linked to a Megaevolved Pokemon, but it also works like the weather from Primal Groudon and Kyogre. When M-Banette is no longer in battle, Trick Room ends, which essentially means that only Banette can take advantage of Trick Room (unless it's a double battle, where it becames a whole different deal). I've reduced the attack buff from +50 to +29, since under trick room it no longer relies on Sucker Punch as its main move. We can also change its secondary typing from Dark to Fairy, fairies are usually tricky and mischiveous creatures that alter the surroundings, so I though it was flavorful with Trick Room. This new typing is still reducing the damage from opposing Sucker Punches and it receives a new powerful stab move in Play Rough. Swords Dance would have been way too strong with this set-up, so I gave it Hone Claws instead as a boost option, which also improves Play Rough's accuracy.

EDIT: I agree that this Banette might be too strong. I've set its speed back to its original 65 and knocked its attack down a bit. I know it's still faster than most of the meta and I'm fine if it gets vetoed, but increasing its Speed while giving it trick room felt like anti-design.
It's also worth noting that due to how speed priority works in this gen, M-Banette still needs a turn to take advantage of Trick Room. This was a big deal for mons like M-Beedrill, which in paper were strong and fast revenge killers, but it needing a turn to megaevolve made it basically unplayable until they made the dynamic speed change in gen 7. This Banette is arguably bulkier than Beedrill, but also has a much weaker offense: Beedrill's 150 base attack + Adaptabillity vs Banette's 129 base attack.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Hone Claws / Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw / Pursuit

Type: Normal / Dark
Ability: Long Reach
Stats: 65 / 140 (+64) / 96 (+12) / 54 / 96 / 129 (+24) [580 BST]
New Moves: Knock Off, Pursuit
Description: I believe Long Reach is in a better spot to shine in Gen 6 than in later gens due to the Ferrothorn and Rocky Helmet spam that exists in this metagame. It also negates the effects of Garchomp's Rough Skin and Volcarona's Flame Body, which is a nice extra that helps Lopunny stay healthy during the game. Losing Scrappy isn't that big of a deal since it's no longer a Fighting type and instead gains a powerful stab Knock Off to deal with Ghost types and Pursuit to catch Latios and others. Since in this gen speed isn't adjusted when megaevolving, Fake Out is still a decent option without the downside of taking chip damage from ferro or rocky helmet.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Return / Drain Punch / High Jump Kick

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
One more day until voting begins, which means that it's vetoing time!

Except this time, instead of vetoes, I will be giving a brief review of every submission. This is just a way to give my opinion on each sub, giving feedback and possibly suggesting changes when applicable. These are all just my opinion, so unless I specifically warn of a veto (indicated by me putting the word vetoed in bold), feel free to not take my advice.

With that said, here's the sub review!
--------------------------------------------------
:glalie-mega: One of my favorite Mega Glalie subs, it's simple and effective and I'm a sucker for Ice/Steel-types
:banette-mega: Pretty good, I love Ghost/Fighting and I like the restraint in giving it less powerful physical options in line with how physical Ghosts are designed pre-Gen 8.
:lopunny-mega: Seems like a lot of fun with Lop's movepool, probably my favorite Normal/Fighting Lopunny sub (including the original).

:glalie-mega: People have already pointed out how similar this is to M4A Mega Walrein, but with that said this is still pretty neat. Being a Fire-immune Ice-type is pretty neat with Heatran running around (especially since Heatran's best set's only attacking move is Lava Plume)
:banette-mega: Honestly not a big fan of Alchemist if I'm being completely honest. Can't deny that it's funny but I'd personally rather see something more competitively focused. That said, I like the stat spread.
:lopunny-mega: I initially thought that Download would make this borderline vetoable, but then I remembered that Lop doesn't get U-Turn yet, so this is completely fine actually, I like it.

:glalie-mega: Type chart inversion is quite a bit out there and from experience running a mod with a type-inversion field effect (Inverse Room in SylveMons), it's not very fun to play against (though admittedly it was way crazier in that meta and still not even that viable because SylveMons was a trip). With that in mind, I'm not sure how viable this'll be, as its stats are still low and Ice/Ground coverage is a lot better when it's not inverted. At the very least, inverting the type chart does give it a good defensive typing for 3 turns.

:glalie-mega: I'm not a huge fan of Refrigerate Rapid Spin (despite putting it on my own Glalie sub) and bulky Ices tend to be bad, but this was probably the best way to do either of those things. I can't see this being too much at the moment at it's still a bulk Ice and very passive as it can't fit both a strong STAB move and Earthquake.
:lopunny-mega: No Guard Dynamic Punch is very annoying with Gen 6's confusion mechanics but otherwise this is a fine idea. I like the utility/disruption focus this has as that's what base Lopunny is

:banette-mega: Seems cool, but I do agree that Banette should probably either lose Agility or go pure-Ghost, preferably the latter
:glalie-mega: Very scary but just about balanced. We (as in council) do recommend removing Parting Shot, though

:glalie-mega: I like it, but this would get vetoed because it's just a little too fast with that strong BoltBeam combo. Just lower its Speed to 105 and it'll be fine
:banette-mega: I like this a lot, good blend of power and utility while staying balanced with its low stats.

:glalie-mega: Seems okay. Bulky Ice-types are hard to make work and being Ice/Ghost doesn't help it much there, but the ability helps a bit. Glalie already learns Spikes and Spite so you don't need to add them.
:lopunny-mega: I love fast Regenerator, though this might be too weak to make it work since Normal/Dark isn't a great typing defensively. You could probably drop its bulk and/or SpA a little and boost its Attack a little bit.
:banette-mega: This would get vetoed as it's pretty much impossible to kill on physical side while still having great special bulk as well. I'd recommend lowering its Defense down to somewhere between 70 and 90, putting the extra points back into Attack and Special Attack.

:glalie-mega: I like this a lot on paper, Ice/Fighting is sick and it has a fair amount of options. Might be too slow to be viable, though that might be a necessary restriction at it'd be a bit crazy if it was fast. I might suggest giving it Icicle Crash just to give physical sets a better Ice move.

:banette-mega: Didn't realize that you made two different posts initially, so for future reference please put all of your submissions in one post. Anyway, this would probably get vetoed due to its ability, as it's way too powerful of an effect. Losing all of your PP on a move can be extremely crippling for most Pokemon, making this unfun to play around to the point where it'd be unhealthy. I'd recommend nerfing the ability to make the move only lose 4 PP (like Spite) or halving its remaining PP at most

:banette-mega::glalie-mega: Don't have too much to say about either one, they're both functional. I'd recommend giving Glalie Icicle Crash to give it a physical Ice move since it doesn't get it in Gen 6. Also, you could consider giving it Slush Rush instead just because Hail is pretty bad in Gen 6 since the only Hail setters are Abomasnow and Aurorus and Aurora Veil doesn't exist. These stats with Slush Rush could make Hail a potential option, it'd honestly become one of my favorite Glalie subs with Slush Rush.
However, since both of these subs lack a description and an indication of whether or not you're adding attacks, they would currently be vetoed in their current state. Simply add these for both and they'll be good.

:glalie-mega: Big fan of the concept because I love Technician and Ice/Rock offer a lot of moves to abuse it with. I might recommend moving some points from SpA to Atk to give you more of a reason to run physical sets but it's fine as is

:banette-mega: Not super sure how viable it'll be with it still being slow and frail, but I'm a big fan of the concept

:banette-mega: I liked Soul Link in JolteMons so I like the concept here, with this hopefully being able to pull it off decently
:glalie-mega: Funny concept. Noice form could be a little scary With STABs + Freeze-Dry, though that at least depends on Ice Face activating in the first place.

:glalie-mega: Making bulky Ice-types work is really difficult and I'm not sure if this sub makes up for the type's weaknesses enough to justify it. Could consider making it still bulky but more offensive or making it Ice/Ground or something to patch up some of Ice's weaknesses.

:glalie-mega: Not too confident in this one unfortunately. The concept is really creative and pretty neat, but I think it's a little too gimmicky to make it worth, since Glalie needs a lot of time to really get going and only becomes scary on the 4th turn of Ice Ball due to its (appropriately) low Attack, as even the 120 BP third hit will deal only decent damage. After the set up, it becomes a passive bulky Ice with no recovery, which isn't great. I might be underestimating it as maybe you could run something like Ice Ball/Defense Curl/Rest/Sleep Talk and sweep, but yeah I'm not too sure about this one. I can't really think of any suggestions that'd make it viable but not broken either.
:banette-mega: I like the concept, makes for a neat revenge killer and utility fast with its super high functional speed. However, after talking with council, this would be vetoed because of that functionally infinite Speed, allowing it to outspeed everything for free and revenge kill, status, or do whatever to them. I recommend increasing its Speed to around 75-95 (preferably on the higher end of that range), which gives it a low minimum Speed, but walls and slow wallbreakers are still able to outpace it
:lopunny-mega: Pretty neat, pretty similar to base Mega Lop but as a Dark type and slightly more utility-based, so it should be a fine addition.

Submissions will last for another 24 hours, so be sure to get any last second changes or submissions in!

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Name: Banette-Mega
Type:

Ability: Pocket Dimension (When this Pokémon succesfully uses a Status move, it switches out)
Stats: 64 / 125 (+10) / 95 (+30) / 87 (+4) / 83 (+20) / 101 (+36) [555BST]
New Moves: Iron Head, Metal Sound
Description: Zippers moment. Banette-mega trades a pretty garbage stateline for an amazing typing and a very polyvalent ability that causes it to be a general nuisance. Banette's best tool here becomes Will-O-Wisp, which allows it to spread burn damage, get safe switches for allies and make a lot of mons who would want to stay on it think twice. Its new Steel typing and STAB Iron Head also allows it to bully Clefable, which would normally want to absorb burns. It can also be paired with Taunt or Metal Sound to screw over fatter builds. It's also a Trick Room enabler! Of course, it's somewhat of a double-edged ability, making set up impossible, rendering its offensive output rather pitiful. Its bulk is also flimsy, and with only Pain Split for recovery, it's prone to hazards and other methods of getting worn down. It's also one point slower than chomp, which is very deliberate.

Name: Glalie-Mega
Type:

Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats: 80 / 170 (+90) / 90 (+10) / 80 / 110 (+30) / 50 (-30) [580BST]
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Poison Fang
Description: Now I know what you're probably thinking. "Gravity, what the fuck?" Hear me out. Ice is dogshit, this Pokémon probably has like -4 opportunities to switch in each game. Ice Dark isn't really any better, and with that much speed it probably gets OHKOd by pretty much every wallbreaker imaginable, esp considering how common Excadrill, TTar and Volcanion are in gen 6. But against fat? Against stall? They're in for a world of pain. We already know how much CB Weavile hits hard, and this, factoring Strong Jaw, is as strong if not more with the ability to switch between moves. Thanks to Thunder Fang, it basically gains perfect neutral coverage against the whole game. It also benefits greatly from imo one of the more interesting gen 6 mechanics, aka turn 1 speed for megas, giving it one turn of 80 speed.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
It's now time to vote!

Voting Rules can be found below and in the OP:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions are eligible for voting this time around!

Voting will end in 24 hours. Good luck!
(If one of your subs isn't here and it wasn't vetoed then please let me know!)
Type: Ice / Steel
Stats: 80 / 125 (+45) / 100 (+20) / 80 / 80 / 115 (+35) | 580
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Parting Shot
Description: strong offensive pivot. has a pretty good combo in double fang and decent coverage in eq to hit heatran. steel allows it to switch into more things and threaten stuff like clefable with stab iron head. also has spikes and parting shot to take advantage of forced switches.
:sv/glalie-mega:
Mega Glalie
New Ability
: Primordial Sea
Type:

Stats:
Attack: 80 -> 85 (+5)
Defense: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Special Attack: 80 -> 135 (+55)
Special Defense: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Speed: 80 -> 60 (-20)
BST: 480 -> 580

Movepool Additions: + Hydro Pump, Waterfall
Description: TBA
Type:
/

Ability: Glitch (When this switches in, the type chart is inverted for 3 turns.)
Stats: 80 / 125 / 105 / 80 / 105 / 85
New Moves: None
Description: Glalie is weak in stats and typing, and its movepool is mediocre besides access to Explosion, Spikes, and Earthquake. This makes it a good target for a mind-bending ability. So I've given it unresisted Explosion, STAB Earthquake, and a good defensive type. Its stats are still worse than those of the alternative Megas one could choose, and the duration of the effect is limited. I find it interesting that its coverage is good both when the type chart is inverted and when it's not.
:sv/glalie-mega:
Stats: 80 / 95 (+15) / 115 (+35) / 95 (+15) / 115 (+35) / 80
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Rapid Spin, Recover
Description: Vanilla Mega Glalie makes for an interesting suicide lead, but is extremely limited outside of its role due to its otherwise limited movepool, limited defensive utility, and lack of longevity. Its new Stealth Rock neutrality and access to Recover let it come in repeatedly to clear hazards with Refrigerate Rapid Spin and generally make itself useful beyond setting Spikes and clicking Explosion.
Questions for The Community: Does Mega Glalie's combination of offensive utility in Explosion and Super Fang, unblockable Rapid Spin, and instant recovery risk powercreeping other spinners? If so, how should it be toned down? The options I see include making it mono-Ice, taking away Rapid Spin, and taking away Recover.
Type: Ice/Dark
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats: HP-80/Atk-80/Def-83/SpA-145/SpD-83/Spe-109 BST: 580
Movepool Changes: + Dark Pulse, Earth Power
Description: Glalie uses its STAB combo of Ice/Dark in combination with coverage from Earth Power to kill everything that stands before it. The Dark typing also gives it a Dark resistance so it can easily switch into Knock off. Magic Guard makes it so that it doesn’t fear hazards or status. 109 speed makes him pretty fast, but without any speed-boosting moves or access to Choice Scarf, it can’t outpace 110s or anything faster. Ice/Dark keeps Magic Guard in balance: while it doesn’t fear any form of residual damage, it fears nearly all forms of direct damage. Most likely, this will serves as a powerful special wallbreaker that relies on its high special attack for damage rather than set up, or a pivot that can exert immense offensive pressure with Ice/Dark/Ground coverage and punish any switch in with an attack or pivot out with Parting Shot.
Type:
1673969413745.png
1673969465296.png

Ability: Galvanize
Stats: 80 HP / 130 Atk / 90 Def / 90 SpA / 90 SpD / 100 Spe [580 BST] (+50 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD, +20 Spe)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear
Description: Mega BoltBeam. The coverage of STABs alone makes it less reliant on Freeze-Dry (except for bulky Water/Grounds) so it can opt to go full physical with its moveset. Glalie got Icicle Crash and Spear in Gen 8 so the added moves doesn't feel too "forced" just to give it physical STABs.
:Glalie: Mega Glalie
New Ability
: Scary Visage
Scary Visage: All damage taken on switch-in are divided by 2, including hazards. Do not trigger on attacks if send after a K.O.
Type: Ice / Ghost

Stats:
HP:80
Attack:100
Defense:130
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense:140
Speed: 60
(BST)

New Moves: Recover, U-Turn, Thunder Wave, Spite, Spikes
Description: An attempt to make a defensive Ice-type, based on Oni masks. Not weak to Rocks, can pivot effectively and set hazards.
:sm/glalie_mega:
Type: Ice/Fighting
Ability: Pulverize
Ability Description: This Pokemon's Normal type moves become Fighting type and gain a 1.3x power boost.
Stats:
ATK: 130 (+50)
DEF: 80 (+0)
SPA: 120 (+40)
SPD: 80 (+0)
SPE: 90 (+10)
New Moves: U-Turn.
Description: Mixed attacker with fantastic STAB combination. The Fighting type grants it more switch-in opportunities since it's now neutral to Stealth Rock; however, it is also slower now and still has its middling bulk, but it can function pretty well as a wallbreaker with the combination of Fighting STAB and Freeze Dry.
:ss/glalie-mega:
Type: Ice/Dark
Ability: Slush Rush
Stats: 80/120/120/80/80/100
Description: Snow-breaker
New Moves: Icicle Crash (didn’t realize it never got this in Gen6)
Type:

Ability: Technician
Stats: 80 / 110 (+30) / 80 / 125 (+45) / 70 (-10) / 115 (+35) [580 BST]
New Moves: Rock Blast, Rock Tomb, Ancient Power, Icicle Spear, Fake Out, Pursuit, Shock Wave
Description: Fast attacker with great STABs that can hit hard from either side of the spectrum. Physical has a higher damage ceiling thanks to the potential of 5 hit Tech Icicle Spear/Rock Blast, where as special has higher consistent damage with Frost Breath and wider coverage thanks to Hidden Power and Shock Wave.
Icicle Spear will out damage Frost Breath (assuming similar investment) with 4 Hits, and Rock Blast will out damage Ancient Power with 3 hits.
Ability: Ice Face
Stats: 80 HP / 100 Atk (+20) / 80 Def / 140 SpA (+60) / 130 SpD (+50) / 50 Spe (-30) --> 80 HP / 100 Atk / 40 Def / 140 SpA / 90 SpD / 130 Spe [580 BST]
New Moves: Earth Power
Description: Glalie is an Ice-type and its the Face Pokemon, this is too perfect not to do. Unlike Eiscue, Glalie boasts real attacking stats without needing to boost and isn't reliant on Belly Drum to sweep. Glalie can also set spikes on Pokemon that choose to not engage with it.
:SM/glalie-mega:
Ability: Water Absorb
Stats:
Atk: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Def: 80 -> 130 (+50)
SpA: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 70 (-10)
New Moves: Recover, Rapid Spin
Description: Glalie returns as a big, chunky beast rather than a wallbreaker: it is a massive frozen boulder, after all. Although its typing still isn't very good, Water Absorb + Recover grants it safe switchins on Water attacks and a way to keep itself alive for longer, avoiding the issue of slowly being worn down by Stealth Rocks and other similar sources. Rapid Spin also helps in said issue, making Glalie a solid wall which can set hazards and remove them whenever needed.
Type:

Stats: 80 / 120 (+40) / 75 (-5) / 120 (+40) / 75 (-5) / 110 (+30) [580 BST]
New Moves: Rapid Spin
Description: I really like a couple of the other Glalie submissions and don't have many ideas myself, so I just decided to beef up vanilla Mega Glalie if anyone's a big fan of it. Vanilla Glalie's big problem is that it's a little too slow and frail to justify using your Mega slot on it when it's saddled with one of the worst type combinations in the game in pure Ice. Even with this issue and the existence of every other Mega in base ORAS, Glalie still manages to be D Rank in base ORAS. With just a tiny boost to Speed, Glalie gets to outspeed that many more things (namely Garchomp and Keldeo), making Glalie a bit more worth it, especially in the early stages of the metagame where using your Mega slot on it has less opportunity cost. Hates that both Mega Lucario and Houndoom have 115 Speed, though. I don't really like Refrigerate Rapid Spin if I'm being completely honest and Glalie is not a good user of it, but more hazard control options in a pre-HDB metagame is appreciated and it gives Glalie something else to run in its 4th slot if you have Spikes on something else.
Type: Ice
Ability: Wrecking Ball (This Pokemon's Defense, Special Defense and Speed is raised 1 stage after attacking with Ice Ball or Rollout.)
Stats: 80 / 80 / 120 (+40) / 80 / 120 (+40) / 100 (+20) [580 BST]
New Moves: Ice Ball, Rapid Spin
Description: Watch him rolling, watch him go. Glalie rolls around, snowballing and beefing itself up after each use of Ice Ball or Rollout. These are naturally weak and unreliable attacks, but with the added bulk from the stats buff from the Mega and the ability, it can secure landing stronger and stronger moves, possibly rolling out of control (it also learns Defense Curl, for a base damage increase). Also added Rapid Spin for flavor and further support.
Name: Glalie-Mega
Type:

Stats: 80 / 170 (+90) / 90 (+10) / 80 / 110 (+30) / 50 (-30) [580BST]
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Poison Fang
Description: Now I know what you're probably thinking. "Gravity, what the fuck?" Hear me out. Ice is dogshit, this Pokémon probably has like -4 opportunities to switch in each game. Ice Dark isn't really any better, and with that much speed it probably gets OHKOd by pretty much every wallbreaker imaginable, esp considering how common Excadrill, TTar and Volcanion are in gen 6. But against fat? Against stall? They're in for a world of pain. We already know how much CB Weavile hits hard, and this, factoring Strong Jaw, is as strong if not more with the ability to switch between moves. Thanks to Thunder Fang, it basically gains perfect neutral coverage against the whole game. It also benefits greatly from imo one of the more interesting gen 6 mechanics, aka turn 1 speed for megas, giving it one turn of 80 speed.
Type: Ghost / Fighting
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 64 / 140 (+25) / 85 (+20) / 128 (+45) / 83 (+20) / 55 (-10) | 555
New Moves: Circle Throw, Submission, Rock Smash, Brick Break, Arm Thrust, Aura Sphere, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast
Description: we love ghost fighting. but ghost fighting is kinda broke so heres the silly version where you have like 5 shitty physical fighting moves with the actual good special moves being special.
:sv/banette-mega:
Mega Banette
New Ability
: Alchemist (After attacking a statused target with a move, randomly picks an effect from the list shown below) (Credits to ausma for the original ability)
Replaces status with Sleep
Afflicts the target with Taunt or Heal Block
Afflicts the target with a curse (Does not take away Banette's HP), or the target uses Explosion if they have less than 25% HP
Transforms the opponent into either Seismitoad, Butterfree, or Ariados until they switch out (has Transform effects, so they maintain their HP)
Type:

Stats:
HP: 64
Attack: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Defense: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Special Attack: 83 -> 130 (+47)
Special Defense: 63 -> 73 (+10)
Speed: 65 -> 78 (+13)
(BST)

New Moves: nada
Description: This is meant to be more of a priority abuser that can afflict negative effects through WoW and can knock off items AND cause another status effect via Knock Off. This is mainly meant to handle Pokemon switching into Banette though, as Banette is frail on its own, even though it has high attacking stats. It can even abuse Hex to deal a lot of damage against bulky Pokemon and hit them with a bunch of negative effects. There are a lot more tools in Banette's kit I can put here but that would make this pretty lengthy. This could be a really funny status abuser though.
(also, since someone asked, alchemist's effect would activate before the opposing pokemon switches out when you use pursuit)
:sv/banette-mega:
Ability: Spectrilate (All of the user’s Normal-type moves become Ghost-type and have their power multiplied by 1.2) (Does Spectralize sound better?)
Stats: HP-64/Atk-140/Def-110/SpA-30/SpD-125/Spe-86 BST: 555
New Moves: Agility, Quick Attack, Double Hit
Description: Banette it a physical Ghost-type in a metagame devoid of good physical Ghost moves. Instead of giving it a different STAB or changing it to a Special attacker, I expanded its STAB options through Spectrilate. Now it has high powered STAB Return, and Quick attack as an alternative to Shadow Sneak. The secondary Dark typing gives it a neutrality to Dark, as well as STAB options like Sucker Punch. However, it’s coverage it redundant, so it can be relatively easy to wall with the right counter. A lack of Fighting coverage leaves it relatively helpless against bulky Normal-types like Chansey and our new Mega-Audino.
I am considering removing Agility. It could already be a threatening late game cleaner with its powerful priority moves backed by 140 base attack, so I feel like making all of its moves hit first is a little scary. I also think that the lack of weaknesses it’s Dark-typing provides might make it kind of overpowered, since there are fewer ways to revenge kill it. If I keep Agility, I’ll probably want to make it pure Ghost. Without Agility, it might want to retain its typing, since faster things can hit it with stronger, potentially super-effective attacks than the priority moves that would by needed to hit it at +2 speed.
:sm/Banette-Mega:
Type:
1673969635111.png
1673969655324.png

Ability: Fluffy
Stats: 64 HP / 165 Atk / 95 Def / 93 SpA / 63 SpD / 75 Spe [555 BST] (+50 Atk, +30 Def, + 10 SpA, +10 Spe)
New Moves: None
Description: Mega Banette is a possessed stuffed doll so Fluffy makes sense for it flavor-wise. Ghost/Normal typing gives it much improved defensive capabilities while Fluffy further improves it physically. Double-Edge gives it a strong physical STAB and is also its hardest-hitting neutral STAB move. Its incredibly low special bulk (64 HP / 63 SpD), new weakness to Fire, and lack of setup moves prevent it from being overpowered.
:Banette: Mega Banette
New Ability
: Fur Coat

Stats:
HP:64
Attack:95
Defense:91
Special Attack:94
Special Defense:133
Speed:75
(BST)

New Moves: Parting Shot
Description: wdym I make too many pivots? another pivot, this time with no recovery, but way bulkier. Can T-Wave, W-o-W, can Cotton Guard, maybe is Rest an option? Think it has a niche on offensive teams to regain momentum.
:ss/Banette-mega:
Ability: Devious Desire (Banette’s attack have a 10% to make the opposing Pokémon have burn, paralysis, or drowsy.
Stats: 64/165/65/55/93/95
Description: Stallbreaker
New Moves: Shadow Strike (same as Kitsunoh but 85 BP, but can’t lower defense)

Moderator's Note: Since Shadow Strike isn't a move in the vanilla Pokemon games, it's considered to be a custom move and thus if this sub wins it will not receive Shadow Strike. Normally would result in a veto, but I didn't notice it in time.
Ability: Cursed Touch (This Pokémon's contact moves apply the Ghost-type to the target. {Like Trick or Treat})
Stats: 64 / 145 (+30) / 95 (+30) / 83 / 93 (+30) / 75 (+10) [555] (Stats may change)
New Moves: Drain Punch
Description: The ability works like a pseudo-Swords Dance but it also comes with some limitations. Normal and Fighting moves can only be used to apply the effect, and cannot be used after bc the target will be immune. Ghost has some very bad physical moves, so giving it an ability to boost their power works well with Banette.
Type: Ghost/Dark
Ability: Ectoplasm (When hit by a contact move, adds Ghost-type to the attacker)
Stats: 64 HP / 135 Atk (+20) / 75 Def (+10) / 83 SpA / 103 SpD (+40) / 95 Spe (+30) [BST]
New Moves:
Description: So this is a really cool Pursuit trapper because that's a move that exists this gen. Making contact allows it to trap with Pursuit or bop them with a massive Knock Off. Gunk Shot complements the Dark STAB.
Type:

Ability: Prankster
Stats: 64 / 155 (+40) / 65 / 83 / 93 (+30) / 95 (+30) [555 BST]
New Moves: Swords Dance, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Defog
Description: Resisting the urge to put Swords Dance + Prankster Copycat Banette in a third Pet Mod, Banette turns into a weird combination of future gen Grimmsnarl and Mimikyu. Prankster Parting Shot is a little overhyped, but in a generation where Dark-types can't block Prankster-boosted moves it's quite nice to bypass Banette's middling Speed. This allows Banette to act as a pivot, threatening to cripple offensive mons at any moment with Prankster Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave. On the flip side, Banette can also set up with Bulk Up or Swords Dance, heal damage off with Drain Punch, and try to sweep. Not very strong on its own, but it can be a great nuisance. Also gave it Defog because having more hazard control options never hurts, though if doesn't really have the space for it unless you're desperate for hazard control. Also, Prankster Destiny Bond is a funny gimmick that works this gen.
Type: Ghost / Fairy
Ability: Haunted House (On switch-in or when a Pokemon gains this ability, Trick Room begins until this ability is not active in battle.)
Stats: 64 / 144 (+29) / 95 (+30) / 105 (+19) / 95 (+32) / 55 (-10) [555 BST] → 64 / 129 (+14) / 95 (+30) / 110 (+24) / 95 (+32) / 65 [555 BST]
New Moves: Play Rough, Hone Claws
Description: I've always thought that linking Trick Room to an ability might be too strong, that's why this is not only linked to a Megaevolved Pokemon, but it also works like the weather from Primal Groudon and Kyogre. When M-Banette is no longer in battle, Trick Room ends, which essentially means that only Banette can take advantage of Trick Room (unless it's a double battle, where it becames a whole different deal). I've reduced the attack buff from +50 to +29, since under trick room it no longer relies on Sucker Punch as its main move. We can also change its secondary typing from Dark to Fairy, fairies are usually tricky and mischiveous creatures that alter the surroundings, so I though it was flavorful with Trick Room. This new typing is still reducing the damage from opposing Sucker Punches and it receives a new powerful stab move in Play Rough. Swords Dance would have been way too strong with this set-up, so I gave it Hone Claws instead as a boost option, which also improves Play Rough's accuracy.
Type:

Ability: Pocket Dimension (When this Pokémon succesfully uses a Status move, it switches out)
Description: Zippers moment. Banette-mega trades a pretty garbage stateline for an amazing typing and a very polyvalent ability that causes it to be a general nuisance. Banette's best tool here becomes Will-O-Wisp, which allows it to spread burn damage, get safe switches for allies and make a lot of mons who would want to stay on it think twice. Its new Steel typing and STAB Iron Head also allows it to bully Clefable, which would normally want to absorb burns. It can also be paired with Taunt or Metal Sound to screw over fatter builds. It's also a Trick Room enabler! Of course, it's somewhat of a double-edged ability, making set up impossible, rendering its offensive output rather pitiful. It's bulk is also flimsy, and with only Pain Split for recovery, it's prone to hazards and other methods of getting worn down. Its also one point slower than chomp, which is very deliberate.
Type: Normal / Fighting
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 65 / 126 (+50) / 74 (-10) / 114 (+60) / 76 (-20) / 125 (+20) | 580
New Moves: Close Combat
Description: its like sf mmy but its normal fighting. solve your problems by having coverage for everything. honestly original mega evo is very good as is i might just vote for that one
:sv/lopunny-mega:
Mega Lopunny
New Ability
: Download
Type:

Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 76 -> 112 (+36)
Defense: 84
Special Attack: 54 -> 112 (+58)
Special Defense: 96 -> 84 (-12)
Speed: 105 -> 123 (+18)
BST: 480 -> 580

Movepool Additions: Energy Ball, Seed Bomb
Description: An attempt to make a mixed Download Pokemon, since only the Porygon line gets that and I wanted to do something else with it. This is an offensive mega that can surprise opponents with Download and its mixed attacking stats along with its coverage options, since sometimes your opponent might not know what attacking stat you choose. It is frail though so it gets outsped and killed by something like Mach Punch, and its typing isn't doing it any favors either.
:sv/lopunny-mega:
Type: Normal / Fighting
Ability: No Guard
Stats: 65 / 106 (+30) / 94 (+10) / 54 / 126 (+30) / 135 (+30)
New Moves: Dynamic Punch, Mega Kick, Power Whip, Stone Edge, Taunt
Description: Fighting-type with heavier emphasis on support and disruption with its access to Limber pre-Mega, No Guard Dynamic Punch, Thunder Wave, Encore, Taunt, Healing Wish, etc. Mostly just throwing an idea at the wall, vanilla Mega Lopunny is already really well executed.
:Lopunny: Mega Lopunny
New Ability
: Regenerator
Type: Normal Dark

Stats:
HP:65
Attack:106
Defense:94
Special Attack:84
Special Defense:96
Speed:135
(BST)

New Moves:Parting Shot, Knock Off
Description: I wanted to be (lo)punny so it's a mega that makes puns... Built to be an utility pivot. Can Knock.
Type:

Ability: Protean
Stats: 65 / 96 (+20) / 100 (+16) / 81 (+27) / 110 (+14) / 128 (+23) [580 BST]
New Moves: U-Turn, Spikes, Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt, Dual Chop, Stone Edge
Description: I was trying to figure what to do with Lopunny that'd make people like it more than the original but I was stuck. Then I remembered that esteemed user anaconja always puts this one gif of Cinderace and Lopunny (that description sounds way worse than it actually is) in chat whenever he joins a server and suddenly everything clicked. With Greninja being banned, ORAS no longer has a Protean mon (sorry Kecleon) and if any Mega Evolution is gonna get Protean, Lopunny's high Speed and huge movepool make it a prime candidate. Like Greninja, as well as Cinderace and Meowscarada in later gens, Lopunny is a fast offensive utility pivot. It's a bit weak, as its attacking stats are quite low due to Protean being ridiculous, but with its high Speed, decent bulk, and utility in Thunder Wave, Knock Off, Spikes (every Protean mon must have Spikes), and Healing Wish. Since it can't hold a Life Orb or Choice Band, its offensive sets won't be as strong as Greninja or something like Meowscarada, but with strong moves in Return, High Jump Kick, Play Rough, Stone Edge, and the aforementioned Knock Off, it's still decently strong. However, its lack of power does mean that it struggles with Slowbro, Landorus, and Rotom-Wash, among others. Dual Chop, Play Rough, and Stone Edge give it one offensive move of each type (and Zen Headbutt gives it a Psychic one that isn't Mirror Coat).
Type: Normal / Dark
Stats: 65 / 140 (+64) / 96 (+12) / 54 / 96 / 129 (+24) [580 BST]
New Moves: Knock Off, Pursuit
Description: I believe Long Reach is in a better spot to shine in Gen 6 than in later gens due to the Ferrothorn and Rocky Helmet spam that exists in this metagame. It also negates the effects of Garchomp's Rough Skin and Volcarona's Flame Body, which is a nice extra that helps Lopunny stay healthy during the game. Losing Scrappy isn't that big of a deal since it's no longer a Fighting type and instead gains a powerful stab Knock Off to deal with Ghost types and Pursuit to catch Latios and others. Since in this gen speed isn't adjusted when megaevolving, Fake Out is still a decent option without the downside of taking chip damage from ferro or rocky helmet.

Glalie: jayballester, Ema Skye, MegaFlareon, Tanny89k, faithviolet, my_man, Yoshiblaze
Banette: Double Iron Bash, Gravity Monkey, Ema Skye, MegaFlareon, anaconja
Lopunny: jayballester, Low-Key, Yoshiblaze, Original, Turtlek

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:glalie-mega:MegaFlareon, Gravity Monkey, I-Deepblue-I, Yoshiblaze, Original, PokemonMasterDebater
:banette-mega:MegaFlareon, Gravity Monkey, Ema Skye, Double Iron Bash, anaconja
:lopunny-mega:Yoshiblaze, Original, anaconja

:Glalie-mega:: Ema Skye, Low-Key, PokemonMasterDebater, Yoshiblaze, Megaflareon
:Lopunny-mega:: Yoshiblaze, Jayballester, Original, Anaconja, Turtlek
:Banette-mega:: Gravity Monkey, Ema Skye, Anaconja, MegaFlareon, Yoshiblaze

Glalie: PokemonMasterDebater, I-Deepblue-I, Turtlek
Banette: MegaFlareon, Gravity Monkey, Ema Skye
Lopunny: jayballester, Original, Low-Key

Glalie: Gravity Monkey, Low-Key, MegaFlareon (SV), my_man, PokemonMasterDebater, I-Deepblue-I
Banette: Yoshiblaze, MegaFlareon (SV), anaconja, Gravity Monkey
Lopunny: jayballester, Yoshiblaze, Turtlek

Glalie: anaconja, Turtlek, Gravity Monkey
Banette: Double Iron Bash, Gravity Monkey, Ema Skye
Lopunny: Low-Key, jayballester (SV), yoshiblaze

Ema Skye

Work!
Glalie: anaconja
Banette: Gravity Monkey, Ema Skye, Anaconja, MegaFlareon, Yoshiblaze
Lopunny: Original, Yoshiblaze, Anaconja

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
:glalie_mega:
1. MegaFlareon
2. BreloomBuddy
3. Gravity Monkey

:banette_mega:
1. Yoshiblaze
2. MegaFlareon
3. Double Iron Bash

:lopunny_mega:
1. Original
2. jayballester
3. Low-Key

:glalie-mega: anaconja, Low-Key, Yoshiblaze, MegaFlareon, I-Deepblue-I
:banette-mega: Double Iron Bash, Ema Skye, Gravity Monkey, jayballester, Low-Key
:lopunny-mega: Original, Yoshiblaze, Low-Key

Lots of cool subs this slate, good job guys!

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
glalie: gravity monkey, anaconja, tanny89k, yoshiblaze
banette: lowkey, gravity monkey, anaconja, ema
lop: original, yoshiblaze, anaconja

Yoshiblaze

ye
Glalie: anaconja, SKIPPERGAMEZ, PokemonMasterDebater, Tanny89k, Yoshiblaze (SV), Gravity Monkey
Banette: Gravity Monkey, MegaFlareon, Ema Skye, anaconja, Double Iron Bash, Yoshiblaze (SV), jayballester
Lopunny: Low-Key, Yoshiblaze (SV), Tanny89k, Turtlek

The 24 hours are up and the second slate of Megas Revisited is Done! Alright lets check who won:

Glalie:

Banette:

Lopunny:

Congratulations to anaconja for winning Glalie and Gravity Monkey for winning Banette! By popular demand, Base Mega Lopunny will stay the same as in ORAS!
Stats: 80 / 125 (+45) / 100 (+20) / 80 / 80 / 115 (+35) | 580
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Parting Shot
Description: strong offensive pivot. has a pretty good combo in double fang and decent coverage in eq to hit heatran. steel allows it to switch into more things and threaten stuff like clefable with stab iron head. also has spikes and parting shot to take advantage of forced switches.
Type:

Description: Zippers moment. Banette-mega trades a pretty garbage stateline for an amazing typing and a very polyvalent ability that causes it to be a general nuisance. Banette's best tool here becomes Will-O-Wisp, which allows it to spread burn damage, get safe switches for allies and make a lot of mons who would want to stay on it think twice. Its new Steel typing and STAB Iron Head also allows it to bully Clefable, which would normally want to absorb burns. It can also be paired with Taunt or Metal Sound to screw over fatter builds. It's also a Trick Room enabler! Of course, it's somewhat of a double-edged ability, making set up impossible, rendering its offensive output rather pitiful. Its bulk is also flimsy, and with only Pain Split for recovery, it's prone to hazards and other methods of getting worn down. It's also one point slower than chomp, which is very deliberate.
Mega lopunny looks kinda insane in this tier but we'll see what happens next.

Slate 3 will be up shortly!

Here comes slate 3 and HOLY SHIT IT HAS A STEEL CHAIR!

- Slate 3: Okay fine we'll do the starters now -
:xy/venusaur-mega: :xy/charizard-mega-y: :xy/blastoise-mega:
Venusaur, Charizard-Y(NOT X), Blastoise

For this next slate, we will be looking at the mega evolutions of the 3 most Iconic starters in the franchise
Mega Venusaur was known for being one of the most iconic defensive megas in ORAS with its reasonably fat stat spread combined with typical grass type utility options like sleep or stun powder. Zard--y needs little introduction due to being one of the most if not the strongest wallbreaker in the ORAS OU tier, often requring hazard support but rewarding it with its inmense and literal firepower. Blastoise may haven't had a chance in the Ou spotlight as the other two until its ban in national dex thanks to the addition of shell smash, it was known in the lower tiers as the best spinner one could possibly dream of. What will you make of the starter slate of the mod?

Refer to the rules located on the OP for how you should sub:
Basic Template:
Code:
:sm/pokemon:
[b]Name[/b]: Mega <Pokémon>
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe [BST]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]: (Describe how your submission fits into the metagame, what it does, what it checks/counters, what it gets checked/countered by, why you would use it, etc.)
Megas For All Template (Created by Hematite):
Code:
:pokemon: [b]Mega <Pokémon>
New Ability[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
(BST)

[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
For types, you can insert type images like this
with this link (replace Type with the type you want) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png

Example Submission
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
Name: Mega Charizard X (Get fucked lol)
Type:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 78 / 130 (+46) / 111 (+33) / 130 (+21) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: N/A
Description: Mega Charizard X can act as a dangerous Dragon Dance sweeper with strong Tough Claws-boosted moves in Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Thunder Punch. A unique defensive typing and decent bulk makes setting up much easier, made even easier with Roost. Walled by very bulky Water-types, Heatran (if you don't run EQ), and checked by Landorus-T.

Submissions will end in 7 Days.

Last edited:

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
:sm/blastoise_mega:
Name: Mega Blastoise
Type: Water
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 79/103 (+20)/130 (+30)/125 (+40)/115 (+10)/78 (+0)
New Moves: None!
Description: Tank especialized at dealing with offensive teams, as it can switch in, take their hits, dish them back out, switch out and do it multiple times throughout the match thanks to Regenerator. Nothing fancy but it's probably solid.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)