SV OU wallset maushold -repost

This is a repost of my previous post except I explain every mon :D.
https://pokepast.es/4d7b96956b480a7b

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot​

This grimmsnarl is used as a leading pokemon to set up a taunt and immediately set up walls. The purpose is to only set up walls and it usually out speeds ever other pokemon thanks to prankster. Only problem is that it just gets hard countered by other dark type pokemon (They are immune to prankster sadly). Normally it only uses taunt if the opposing pokemon is a setup, but otherwise it just sets up walls and uses parting shot to swap to my next pokemon

Glimmora @ Leftovers
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Memento​

Pretty self explanatory, this is the next pokemon I usually send out. Idk why (maybe cuz my elo is relatively low) but people just dont have a hazard clearer. This usually just helps support my maushold by getting 1 turn KOs more often. I really don't know why I have memento, it could be swapped out for a better move but after glimmora gets low/ fills its purpose of scattering hazards, I usually just use it to force a switch.

Cyclizar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Taunt
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn​

Also self explanatory but as said in my previous post, some moves could be swapped out. Shed tail is explanatory, I use it to swap to Maushold / Chien-Pao to set up a proper sweep. Taunt can maybe be switched to an alternate move, Rapid Spin is for hazard clears. Usually, if my Cyclizar is on low health, I will use U-turn just to force a switch anyways and since its usually the fastest on the board, it gets a free switch out + regenerator to keep living.

Chi-Yu @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Memento​

One main central purpose. To counter orthworm. It is also a counter to any ghost type pokemon since Maushold can't really hit them. The Memento is also bad, but it serves the same purpose it does with Glimmora. Nasty Plot is there in case anyone gets caught lacking since people will be mainly focused on my Maushold. Fire Blast can be bad towards me since it has an 85% accuracy rate and gets relatively risky, but its better than nothing as Chi-Yu serves as the counter to Maushold counters.

Chien-Pao @ Black Glasses
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Icicle Crash​

Chien Pao can be a flexible Pokemon. It can either be a counter to Mausholds counter but it can also be an alternate sweeper to Masuhold. If my enemy has a lot of ghost types, I rely on Chien Pao to become my sweeper. Icicle Crash and Crunch are reliable stab moves and I may need to swap out sucker punch. My biggest issue with Chien Pao is that they get hard countered by any fighting type move.

Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Protect
- Crunch
- U-turn​

Finally, my one shot wonder. (Praying they don't move it to Ubers). Basically, Wide lens causes population bomb to have an accuracy of 99%, so its pretty much guarantees all 10 hits. Technician also boosts it to 30 base power instead of 20. Crunch is used as a check against any ghost type move. U-turn allows me to safely swap back to cyclizar if I need to re set up another shed tail. Portect is kind of a goofy move, in one of my mathces, I used it to stall out a toxic against Roaring moon, as well as stall out a tailwind.

When writing this, I also realized my entire team gets screwed by a good fighting type pokemon. If someone correctly implements a fighting type mon, I pretty much get sweeped. Especially if they run heavy duty boots to counter my Glimmora further.

I like Toxic Debris, but do you really need toxic spikes too?

Also maybe play rough Maushold, not crunch. You have strong dark attacks already.

I like Toxic Debris, but do you really need toxic spikes too?

Also maybe play rough Maushold, not crunch. You have strong dark attacks already.
I'm currently building a Maushold for VGC with PopBomb / Play Rough / Encore / Protect and Terra Fairy. T-Fairy gives it a secondary stab that allows for neutral damage vs. Ghost types and super-effective damage vs. Fighting types while also granting Maushold resistance instead of Weakness to Fighting attacks. Plus Wide Lens also makes Play Rough a 99% accuracy attack. :)

What do you think of Tidy Up in place of Protect for singles? It's basically a Dragon Dance that removes Substitutes and Hazards. If you can predict a switch or force one if you run Encore, it only strengthens the sweep. A bit counter-intuitive for a set run alongside Cyclizar, but I can see it working on a different team, or if it comes out without a Shed Tail Sub.

I'm currently building a Maushold for VGC with PopBomb / Play Rough / Encore / Protect and Terra Fairy. T-Fairy gives it a secondary stab that allows for neutral damage vs. Ghost types and super-effective damage vs. Fighting types while also granting Maushold resistance instead of Weakness to Fighting attacks. Plus Wide Lens also makes Play Rough a 99% accuracy attack. :)

What do you think of Tidy Up in place of Protect for singles? It's basically a Dragon Dance that removes Substitutes and Hazards. If you can predict a switch or force one if you run Encore, it only strengthens the sweep. A bit counter-intuitive for a set run alongside Cyclizar, but I can see it working on a different team, or if it comes out without a Shed Tail Sub.
I didn't know that about tidy up...pretty good. I hope you have stuff for steels.

I didn't know that about tidy up...pretty good. I hope you have stuff for steels.
Yeah, sadly Maushold doesn't have any great coverage against Steel. If only Low Sweep was BP 60 instead of 65, but then that's just another move that can't hit ghosts.

Ideally you either hope they don't run a Steel type, or you try take it out with something else before going into your PopBomb sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)