SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

That first one looks more like an issue with Switch itself than the game, because that looks very similar to an issue I ran into trying to play a game off a shitty SD card. So if that person's playing a digital copy, which they probably are unless they got a copy early or are Australian, they may want to try a different SD card before blaming the game.

As for the second one just looks like unimportant background elements running at a lower framer ate when undocked, I've seen Kirby do that too when undocked. It's likely intended not slowdown.
The tweet I posted prior to these two was someone with a physical copy and they live in Japan. These two though I don't know.

Something like this happened with Sonic Colors Ultimate. A mix of incompatible SD cards and also people running the game on emulators or hacked Switches caused graphical glitches that most people didn't experience.

I just want to get the game and run it for myself. There's a lot of nitpicking and doom and gloom on a lot of forums, youtube channels, and twitter pages, and that last minute avalanche of bad news is not good for my hype.

Technically it would be when it's transferred to Bank for the first time, since encryption constants don't exist prior to gen 6 and Bank has no reason to make sure the Dunsparce's encryption constant is anything but random for a Pokémon that isn't Wurmple or Spinda. So you could theoretically clone the Dunsparce a shitton of times prior to sending it to Bank and each copy should have it's own chance to be a three-segment.
According to Bulbapedia, Bank will just copy a Pokemon's PID into the encryption constant. Because some things (like Spinda form) that used to be chosen by PID are now chosen by the encryption constant, and thus old mons need to stay consistent.

Because of this, you can indeed RNG for a 3-segment Dunsparce in older games by affecting the PID.

Maybe 57 is for Mycelium Might? Is there a way to skill swap it to test with salt cure and pain split?

Edit: you could actually test this w rain dance or rest on toedscruel too. I’m assuming there’s already a separate flag for magic coat/magic bounce right?
Ooh Mycelium Might is a good guess. Definitely worth a test. And yeah there's a bouncable flag for those two (or rather, just for Magic Bounce because they snapped Magic Coat for some reason).

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Something like this happened with Sonic Colors Ultimate. A mix of incompatible SD cards and also people running the game on emulators or hacked Switches caused graphical glitches that most people didn't experience.
Huh. That's an interesting problem. It'd make sense if they didn't know about or didn't try to fix it.

Loading the whole world like 06 did and this... Is there any other Sonic Games this game shares problems with? :P

Does anyone know the Japanese names for the new Pokémon, but in English letters? Like Nyahoja is Sprigatito's Japanese name. I've seen the list of them with the Japanese characters, but I don't know how that translates.
Fair warning, katakana is a pronunciation guide, not a spelling guide, so my romanizations may be imprecise. Case in point, ニャオハ would ordinarily be romanized as "Nyaoha", which is pronounced exactly like "Nyaoja" with the Spanish ja. As such this list shouldn't be taken to be 100% the only way to romanize the names, and indeed I may have some incorrectly romanized.

Sprigatito: ニャオハ / Nyaoha
Floragato: ニャローテ / Nyarote
Meowscarada: マスカーニャ / Maskanya
Fuecoco: ホゲータ / Hogator
Crocalor: アチゲータ / Achigator
Skeledirge: ラウドボーン / Loudbone
Quaxly: クワッス / Quass
Quaxwell: ウェルカモ / Welkamo
Quaquaval: ウェーニバル / Weanival
Lechonk: グルトン / Gluton
Oinkologne: パフュートン / Perfuton
Dudunsparce: ノココッチ / Nokokocchi (Dunsparce JP name is Nokocchi)
Tarountula: タマンチュラ / Tamantula
Spidops: ワナイダー / Wanider
Nymble: マメバッタ / Mamebatta
Lokix: エクスレッグ / Exleg
Rellor: シガロコ / Shigaroko
Rabsca: ベラカス / Baracs
Greavard: ボチ / Bochi
Houndstone: ハカドッグ / Hakadog
Flittle: ヒラヒナ / Hirahina
Espartha: クエスパトラ / Quespatra
Farigiraf: リキキリン / Rikikirin (Girafarig JP name is Kirinriki)
Wiglett: ウミディグダ / Umidigda (Diglett JP name is Digda)
Wugtrio: ウミトリオ / Umitrio (Dugtrio JP name is also Dugtrio)
Dodonzo: ヘイラッシャ / Heirassha
Veluza: ミガルーサ / Migalusa
Finizen: ナミイルカ / Namiiruka
Palafin: イルカマン / Irukaman (Iruka is Dolphin, literally "Dolphin Man")
Smoliv: ミニーブ / Minive
Doliv: オリーニョ / Olinyo
Arboliva: オリーヴァ / Oliva
Capsakid: カプサイジ / Capsaige
Scovillain: スコヴィラン / Scovillain
Tadbulb: ズピカ / Zupika
Bellibolt: ハラバリー / Harabarri
Varoom: ブロロン / Vuroron
Revavroom: ブロロローム / Vurororoom
Orthworm: ミミズズ / Mimizuzu
Tandemaus: ワッカネズミ / Wakkanezumi
Maushold: イッカネズミ / Ikkanezumi
Cetoddle: アルクジラ / Arkujira
Cetitan: ハルクジラ / Hulkujira
Frigibax: セビエ / Sebie
Arctibax: セゴール / Segor
Baxcalibur: セグレイブ / Seglaive
Tatsugiri: シャリタツ / Sharitatsu
Cyclizar: モトトカゲ / Mototokage
Pawmi: パモ / Pamo
Pawmo: パモット / Pamott
Pawmot: パーモット / Parmott
Wattrel: カイデン / Kaiden
Kilowattrel: タイカイデン / Taikaiden
Bombirdier: オトシドリ / Otoshidori
Squawkabilly: イキリンコ / Ikirinko
Flamigo: カラミンゴ / Calamingo
Clawf: ガケガニ / Gakegani
Nacli: コジオ / Kogeo
Naclstack: ジオヅム / Geozum (stumped on a good romanization for this one)
Garganacli: キョジオーン / Kyogeon
Glimmet: キラーメ / Kiraam
Glimmora: キラフロル / Kiraflor
Shroodle: シルシュルー / Shirushroo
Grafaiai: タギングル / Tagingle
Fidough: パピモッチ / Papimocchi
Dachsbun: バウッツェル / Bowtzel (also unsure of this one)
Maschiff: オラチフ / Orachiff
Mabostiff: マフィティフ / Mafitiff
Bramblin: アノクサ / Anokusa
Brambleghast: アノホラグサ / Anohoragusa
Gimmeghoul: コレクレー / Colleculle
Gholdengo: サーフゴー / Surfgo
Great Tusk: イダイナキバ / Idainakiba (Idaina Kiba, "Great Tusk")
Brute Bonnet: アラブルタケ / Araburutake (Araburu Take, "Savage Mushroom")
Sandy Shocks: スナノケガワ / Sunanokegawa (Suna no Kegawa, "Sandy Fur")
Scream Tail: サケブシッポ / Sakebushippo (Sakebu Shippo, "Scream Tail")
Flutter Mane: ハバタクカミ / Habatakukami (Habataku Kami, "Fluttering Mane")
Slither Wing: チヲハウハネ / Chiwohauhane (Chi wo Hau Hane, "Earth-Slithering Wings")
Roaring Moon: トドロクツキ / Todorokutsuki (Todoroku Tsuki, "Roaring Moon")
Iron Treads: テツノワダチ / Tetsunowadachi (Tetsu no Wadachi, "Iron Treads")
Iron Moth: テツノドクガ / Tetsunodokuga (Tetsu no Dokuga, "Iron Poison Moth")
Iron Hands: テツノカイナ / Tetsunokaina (Tetsu no Kaina, "Iron Arms")
Iron Jugulis: テツノコウベ / Tetsunokoube (Tetsu no Koube, "Iron Neck")
Iron Thorns: テツノイバラ / Tetsunoibara (Tetsu no Ibara, "Iron Thorns")
Iron Bundle: テツノツツミ / Tetsunotsutsumi (Tetsu no Tsutsumi, "Iron Bundle")
Iron Valiant: テツノブジン / Tetsunobujin (Tetsu no Bujin, "Iron Warrior")
Ting-Lu: ディンルー / Din-Lu (I'm no good with Chinese so forgive me if I'm bad about the romanizations here!)
Chien-Pao: パオジアン / Pao-Jian
Wo-Chien: チオンジェン / Chion-Jien
Chi-Yu: イーユイ / Ei-Yui
Koraidon: コライドン / Koraidon
Miraidon: ミライドン / Miraidon
Tinkatink: カヌチャン / Kanuchan
Tinkatuff: ナカヌチャン / Nakanuchan
Tinkaton: デカヌチャン / Dekanuchan
Charcadet: カルボウ / Carbou
Armarouge: グレンアルマ / Gurenarma
Ceruledge: ソウブレイズ / Soublaze
Toedscool: ノノクラゲ / Nonokurage (Tentacool JP name is Menokurage)
Toedscruel: リククラゲ / Rikukurage (Tentacruel JP name is Dokukurage)
Kingambit: ドドゲザン / Dodogezan (Note: "Dogeza" lol)
Clodsire: ドオー / Dooh (Quagsire JP name is Nuoh)
Annihilape: コノヨザル / Konoyozaru

Of all things, aside from the box legendaries, Scovillain is the only Pokemon with the same name in English and Japanese.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
There was talk of the Gen 8 restrictions to catching being lifted, I'm not sure how well established they are but I wanted to add a quick test to the pile. This is the best I could find quickly in a new save with 0 Gyms done.

Code:
Lv 14 Gimmighoul vs Level 40 Hippowdon
99% Health, WHILE ASLEEP
Note that the highest level I own is 19
29.778% (Gen 7) // 5.299% (Gen 8)
• Miss (0 rocks), Catch
• Miss (1 rock), Catch
• Miss (2 rocks), Catch
• Miss (0 rocks), Miss (0 rocks), Miss (0 rocks), Miss (2 rocks), Miss (0 rocks), Catch
• Miss (1 rock), Miss (0 rocks), Miss (0 rocks), Miss (1 rock), Miss (1 rock), Miss (3 rocks), Catch
Total: 5/19 Thrown balls caught Hippowdon, 26.3% rate in the test. Not a great sample size but it trends significantly closer to older values, and in addition I often got rocks on my throws, indicating that I was often rolling closer to catching, which shouldn't be happening at lower catch rates. Other testimony has been similar: The Gen 8 catch penalty for higher level enemy Pokemon is gone.

I kinda wonder though if the game does the "open but not really" thing.

Will it try to block you off from going out of 'intended' story order for gyms and stuff?

I kinda wonder though if the game does the "open but not really" thing.

Will it try to block you off from going out of 'intended' story order for gyms and stuff?
The only thing that's blocked is areas you literally can't reach due to lacking flying/swimming/climbing.

However these are all side areas that are not plot relevant and just hide higher level pokes / raids.

As I wrote a couple times, you have access to all the story bit + 90% of the pokedex (basically everything minus legendary/paradoxes) right away.
Certain pokes may be harder to catch without the various mobility options, but are still possible (you can throw pokeballs like in Legend Arceus to wild mons in the overworld, and will start a battle, even if they are out of reach)

You can even go to the area that is central to the post-game before getting your first badge.
you can what????
I thought if anywhere was locked off, it would be that... assuming we're talking about the same place...
... Can you encounter Scream Tail and Flutter Mane (Scarlet)/Iron Jugulis and Iron Bundle (Violet) that early?? Those ones weren't marked as postgame in the encounter data like the others o_o

... Can you encounter Scream Tail and Flutter Mane (Scarlet)/Iron Jugulis and Iron Bundle (Violet) that early?? Those ones weren't marked as postgame in the encounter data like the others o_o
My understanding is that none of the paradoxes will be spawning until you beat a specific fight in the Titan questline. After which yes, you can get these 2 that early.

My understanding is that none of the paradoxes will be spawning until you beat a specific fight in the Titan questline. After which yes, you can get these 2 that early.
The encounter data requires "GAME_CLEAR" for all of them except the four I listed, but it has no flag at all for these, while others like Orthworm are clear about requiring some other specific flag and I assume the same would apply here if these four actually required beating a specific Titan.
I know that Great Tusk and Iron Treads can be found as one-offs after the Titan battle, but the encounter data does not obviously support that any of the others have anything to do with that.
I would like to leave the question open to someone who has actually tried it, if that's okay! Or maybe I'll just try it myself tomorrow, but I won't be able to start playing for a solid 24 hours - if someone else wants answers before then, it's definitely worth giving an actual shot and not just making a conjecture!

Huh. That's an interesting problem. It'd make sense if they didn't know about or didn't try to fix it.

Loading the whole world like 06 did and this... Is there any other Sonic Games this game shares problems with? :P
I think it was just colors ultimate. A third party studio had to rush the port out and it caused a ton of dangerous seizure inducing texture glitches. You can YouTube the glitches but beware if you are prone to seizures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)