SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
After staring at the personal table for hours now, I've come to the conclusion that either:
- The personal table no longer stores the TM information.
or:
- The TM format used in SS has been completely refactored.
It really makes no sense.

The second one seems the most likely, since there is at least one vector of moves in the personal table that I haven't figured out the usage of yet. I wonder if Game Freak compares this data against a list of TMs, and that is how they determine if the species can learn a TM? If so, gross. Anyway, if I don't figure it out within the next hour, I'll at least update the paste with the egg moves.
It's only the learnsets.

So, going through the level up learnset, I noticed that some species have the standard SwSh approach of not having preevo-exclusive moves, with those getting added to the relearn set, while others seem to have lost those...

It is the species in BDSP. Most of the BDSP 'mons are reusing the level up learnsets from those.

Goddammit BDSP.

Sorry, what do you mean? I'm looking at the games personal table flatbuffer, not something else.
I have never really looked at the data in the files nor I'd know how to, but is it possible that you're not thinking outside of the box due to the way TMs work in this gen?

Since all TMs are now consumable items, is it possible that rather than look at the pokemon, you're meant to look at what the item is usable onto? Something like idk, what determine if you can use Cracked Pot or a Fire Stone on it.

I have never really looked at the data in the files nor I'd know how to, but is it possible that you're not thinking outside of the box due to the way TMs work in this gen?

Since all TMs are now consumable items, is it possible that rather than look at the pokemon, you're meant to look at what the item is usable onto? Something like idk, what determine if you can use Cracked Pot or a Fire Stone on it.
Hmm. I guess you could be correct about that, I have the move tables though I haven't gone through them yet (specifically because I don't have experience with them - I ignored them while datamining LA). I'll take a look at them soon.

Not sure if i missed them, but when should the individual pokemon pages pop up? Post game release?

I took a brief look at the learn sets and so far im happy. Hero dolphin gets flip turn. Fear that thing haha. Jet punch sounds strong too. Meowscarada has some very solid move options. Fluffy mane looks great, and i wonder if pain split would be a solid 4th move for it, or go full damage.

I am curious on scream tail. Pretty solid bulk and some good moves. Wish is there too, which is nice. No teleport as we were expecting, and i doubt these guys can breed. So unless teleport is a move tutor thats not on the table. Still, wishes from that thing are gonna be quite good.

I didnt see tidy up on the ice dragon. Were we all just assuming it was gonna get it? How are peoples thoughts on that guy now?

It looks very... alchemical.
1668175359414.png
1668175731374.png
1668175561194.png

I don't recognize any imagery married to a particular concept, but it seems like there is a very particular vibe this drawing is trying to capture. I'm leaning towards it being a metaphor for the mystery monster's attributes rather than an outright depiction. Just when we thought we were done with riddlers for a hot second, GameFreak itself decides it want a piece of the pie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)