CAP Fan Content Thread

I thought it'd be fun to make Signature moves for all CAPs that don't have them. This is definitely 100% fanon since custom signature moves are no longer a thing.

I made sure all types were included, except for Normal (there are no fully evolved Normal type CAPs).

For the most part, I tried to make sure the moves referenced their original concepts so that it could further capitalize on them. This wasn't always possible though.

:syclant:
Icicle Flurry
Category:
Special
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Direct Contact: No
PP: 5
Effect: Prevents the target from using Dragon and Ground type moves for 2 turns.
Explanation: Syclant was made to beat Garchomp, but since its moves already kill it with 4x super effective damage how can you make it beat Garchomp even harder? By blocking its STABs! I made sure it was contactless too.

:revenankh:
Mummy's Curse
Category: Physical
Power: 75
PP: 10
Effect: Heals 50% of the damage.
Explanation: Revenankh was built around Bulk Up, so I'm not giving it a move that would give it a new role. Instead a Ghost STAB that abuses Triage.

:pyroak:
Burnzooka
Category:
Special
Power: 135
Accuracy: 95
Effect: Lowers the user's Sp. Attack by 2.
Explanation: Pyroak's concept was "give it this typing." I can't really give it a move that allows it to further fulfill its concept of having a typing. Instead just a slightly stronger and more accurate Overheat.

:fidgit:
Toxic Terrain
Category:
Status
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Effect: Sets up Toxic Terrain for 5 turns, which poisons any grounded Pokemon that switches in. Nature Power becomes Sludge Bomb.
Explanation: Built around utility, so here's a new utility move, boosted by Persistent too.

:arghonaut:
Mutiny
Category:
Physical
Power: 20
Direct Contact: Yes
PP: 20
Effect: Steals the target's positive stat changes before attacking.
Explanation: Arghonaut was built as a decentralizer. Now in addition to blocking stat boosts it takes them for itself with a weaker variant of Spectral Thief.

:cyclohm:
Overload
Category:
Special
Power: 130
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Raises the target's Attack by 1.
Explanation: Cyclohm was built around its abilities, one of which is Static. By boosting the target's Attack, it encourages them to use physical attacks, many of which are contact, which activates Static.

:colossoil:
Punish
Category:
Physical
Power: 70
Effect: Power doubles if the user is poisoned, burned, or banished (you'll know what that means in a minute).
Explanation: Colossoil was made to punish status moves. Now Facade has STAB, which should do the trick.

:krilowatt:
High Voltage
Category:
Special
PP: 15
Effect: Prevents the target from using status moves for 2 turns.
Explanation: When Taunt and Throat Chop love each other very much. This works out perfectly since Krilowatt was made to counter utility.

:voodoom:
Put Away
Category:
Status
Accuracy:
Direct Contact:
No
Effect: Lowers the target's Defense and Sp. Defense by 1, then switches out.
Explanation: A partner concept, and while that isn't really the case anymore, I think giving it a pivoting move like this helps allow its teammates to shine.

:tomohawk:
Banish
Category:
Status
Effect: A new status condition that halves the targets Attack and causes the target to lose 1/6 of its max HP every time it uses a physical attack.
Explanation: This one I think is neat, Tomohawk was made to drain momentum, and I feel like this new status condition does that. Now you can essentially run Intimidate and Prankster at the same time, as well as Rocky Helmet and Leftovers.

:necturna:
Paint
Category:
Status
Effect: Uses the last move made by the target.
Explanation: I had no idea what to do here since it technically already gets every move, so I went full flavor and gave it a Mirror Move clone.

:mollux:
Lamplight
Category:
Status
Effect: Raises the user's Sp. Defense by 3.
Explanation: Mollux was made to make use out of a poor typing. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be thanks to Heavy-Duty Boots and the Fairy type, but I gave it a move that helps it out defensively.

:aurumoth:
Seraphic Light
Category:
Status
Effect: Raises the user's Sp. Attack and Speed by 2, but loses 33% of its max HP.
Explanation: Aurumoth was made to be high risk high reward, a move that raises its offenses but cuts into its bulk fits that nature.

:malaconda:
Malevolent Meal
Type: Grass
Category: Special
Accuracy: 80
Effect: Deals an additional 2x damage if the move is super effective, and halves it again if the target resists the move.
Explanation: Malaconda force feeds the target bad food, it was made to be a "type equalizer" so this move expands on that. "Forbidden Fruit" was taken by the latest concept.

:cawmodore:
War Cry
Category:
Status
Effect: Maximizes the user's Attack, but loses 50% of its max HP.
Explanation: Cawmodore was built around Belly Drum, so Belly Drum clone.

:volkraken:
Krakablast
Power: 100
Accuracy: 50
Effect: Burns the target.
Explanation: This one is purely flavor, Volkraken was another partner concept and I'm not rehashing what I did with Voodoom as it already gets pivoting moves.

:plasmanta:
Dangerous Venom
Category: Status
Effect: If the user is knocked out on the turn this is used, the target becomes badly poisoned. Fails if used in succession.
Explanation: Plasmanta was made to discourage opponents from knocking it out, so here's a move that accomplishes that, even if you'd never use it over Toxic.

:naviathan:
Trireme Tackle
Power: 120
Accuracy: 85
Effect: N/A
Explanation: Built around 2 boosting moves, but I'm not gonna give it a 3rd. Instead a Steel STAB that doesn't rely on weight.

:crucibelle:
Alchemy
Category:
Special
Effect: Changes the user's item to a copy of the target's item. When the battle ends, the item reverts back.
Explanation: Can't do much with typing concepts. I was originally going to give it a better Rock STAB, but then I had a better idea. A big problem of Crucibelle is that it becomes worse after it's tricked its Choice Scarf. This move allows it to use Scarf shenanigans on multiple Pokemon.

:kerfluffle:
Bounce Back
Category:
Status
Effect: Lowers the target's Attack and Sp. Attack by 1, then switches out.
Explanation: Kerfluffle was built around Parting Shot, so Parting Shot clone.

:pajantom:
Dragon's Slumber
Category: Status
Effect: Prevents the target from healing for 5 turns.
Explanation: It gets Heal Block back.

:jumbao:
Fairy Sand
Category:
Special
Power: 70
Direct Contact:
PP:
Effect: Sets up Sandstorm.
Explanation: Jumbao was made around sun and sand. I think it's less about sand, so this move would be nice for it to have in conjunction with Shore Up.

:Caribolt:
Shining Horns
Category:
Physical
Power: 90
Effect: Turns Normal type moves into Electric type moves.
Explanation: This one is really just flavor.

:Smokomodo:
Volcanic Barrage
Category:
Physical
Power: 30
Effect: Hits 3 times in a row.
Explanation: We all know that it failed to utilize Technician. Bonemerang is a common buff suggestion, so here's a Fire type multi-hit move that's slightly weaker.

:Snaelstrom:
Coral Whirl
Category:
Physical
Power: 60
Effect: Removes all hazards from the user's side and raises the user's Defense by 1.
Explanation: Snaelstrom was built around Poison Heal, and it's also defensive, so it had to have utility but I didn't want it to be healing because it was built around getting its HP restored via its ability. So a better version of Rapid Spin that rases Defense instead of Speed.

:Equilibra:
Imminent Justice
Category:
Special
Power: 140
Effect: Hits 3 turns after using.
Explanation: Doom Desire clone.

:astrolotl:
Flare Tail
Effect: Burns the target.
Explanation: Built around team support, which includes Will-O-Wisp. I figured a burning Nuzzle was fitting.

:miasmaw:
Beetle Gas
Category:
Special
Effect: Prevents the target from using status moves for 2 turns.
Explanation: I already did this with Krilowatt but it works here too. Miasmaw was made to stop pivoting, specifically Slowking, who uses Teleport, Beetle Gas stops that.

:chromera:
Indecisive Ink
Category:
Special
Power: 90
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Prevents the target from using the same move twice in a row.
Explanation: Built around Color Change, Torment was a topic of discussion during the process because it was pretty pro-concept. Here's a damaging version.

:venomicon:
Forbidden Spell
Category:
Special
Effect: 50% chance to lower the target's Sp. Attack by 1.
Explanation: Since it was built around boosting its defense, this attack would discourage the opponent from using special moves, so that they instead use moves that are impacted by Stamina.

:venomicon-epilogue:
Plane Charge
Power: 150
Effect: User takes 50% recoil damage. Can only be used if holding Vile Vial.
Explanation: Again this was really more flavor, I wanted a move that reflected the paper airplane nature of this Pokemon, I didn't want it to outclass Brave Bird though, it's already been nerfed once. I figured if no one is using Mind Blown on Blacephalon, a clone of that with the accuracy of Head Smash will be fine.

:saharaja:
Mr. Humpy's Revenge
Category:
Physical
Effect: 50% chance to raise the user's Defense by 2.
Explanation: Diamond Storm clone.

:hemogoblin:
Heartheat
Effect: Lowers the target's Sp. Defense by 2.
Explanation: Lumina Crash was a strong contender for a possible move Hemogoblin could get, so here is a Fire type Lumina Crash.

Last edited:
Hello all, I come from nightmare enterprises, mwahahahaha! I wanted to let you all know that Tomohawk, Cychlom, and Astrotol make guest star apparences in my fan game, Chaos Dreams! Not only that but Smogan is represented as an ancient human society known as the "smogonians" who are the founders of competitive battling and had a bad history with a certain flying cat legendary!
You can play the game right now, and its fully completed! https://reliccastle.com/threads/4929/

So I heard that this is the place to post stuff related to CAP fan works. Well, I suppose the biggest concept for a fanwork would be a CAP region...

...which is what I am attempting to have done!

Okay, I admit, there's still a lot to iron out, not to mention that there aren't exact CAPs that fit in every Pokémon archetype nor do I have every character. (I know the Strategem line fits for the Geodude analog, and Aurumoth is our pseudo, but we have practically no early route, Cover Legendary, or mythical.)

So, if anyone is interested to leave their ideas, post a comment on Pokémon CAPacity: The Walkthrough Edition here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/32750185

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
is a Community Contributor
Welcome back, another CAP has come and gone, and I was fortunate enough to win the design! But I am a fellow of good conscience, and all of the opposing designs of course deserve their own praise! So as usual i have went and drawn them all (And this time sketching them out in black for Better visibility). See y’all when Scarlet and Violet come out!

Attachments

This one is a bit more boring than my last post but here is a compilation of where I would expect to see all of the CAPs found in the Galar region. I limited it to just the Wild Area and the DLC Areas, with the exception of the starters and some other gift mons. Tried to limit the amount of locations and weathers that they can appear in so that they are not clogging up the Wild Area too much.

:syclar::syclant:
  • Dappled Grove (Random in Grass, Snowing/Snowstorm)
  • Frostpoint Field (Random in Grass, All Weathers)
  • Slippery Slope (Random in Grass, All Weathers)
  • Snowslide Slope (Random in Grass, All Weathers)

• Watchtower Ruins (Random in Grass, Standard Weather)

:embirch::flarelm::pyroak:
  • Dappled Grove (Overworld, Intense Sun)
  • East Lake Axewell (Overworld, Intense Sun)
  • Rolling Fields (Overworld, Intense Sun)
  • West Lake Axewell (Overworld, Intense Sun)

:breezi::fidgit:
  • Bridge Field (Overworld, Standard Weather/Overcast/Fog)

:rebble::tactite::stratagem:
  • Stony Wilderness (Random in Grass, All Weathers)

:privatyke::arghonaut:
  • North Lake Miloch (Water, All Weathers)
  • South Lake Miloch (Water, All Weathers)

:nohface::kitsunoh:
  • Watchtower Ruins (Overworld, Standard Weather)

:monohm::duohm::cyclohm:
  • Axew's Eye (Overworld, Thunderstorm)

:dorsoil::colossoil:
  • Dusty Bowl (Overworld, Standard Weather/Sandstorm)

:protowatt::krilowatt:
  • East Lake Axewell (Water, Thunderstorm)
  • West Lake Axewell (Water, Thunderstorm)

:voodoll::voodoom:
  • Watchtower Ruins (Random in Grass, Overcast)
:scratchet::tomohawk:
  • Rolling Fields (Random in Grass, All Weathers)

:necturine::necturna:
  • Dappled Grove (Overworld, Overcast)

• Giant's Mirror (Overworld, Raining)

:cupra::argalis::aurumoth:
  • Lake of Outrage (Random in Grass, Overcast)
  • Giant's Bed (Random in Grass, Overcast)

:brattler::malaconda:
  • Dappled Grove (Random in Grass, Intense Sun)

:cawdet::cawmodore:
  • Giant's Cap (Overworld, Fog)
:volkritter::volkraken:
  • Dappled Grove (Random in Grass, Raining)
  • Forest of Focus (Random in Grass, Raining)

:snugglow::plasmanta:
  • North Lake Miloch (Water, Thunderstorm)
  • South Lake Miloch (Water, Thunderstorm)

:floatoy::caimanoe::naviathan:
  • Motostoke Riverbank (Water, All Weathers)

• Giant's Seat (Random in Grass, All Weathers)

:pluffle::kerfluffle:
  • Rolling Fields (Random in Grass, All Weathers)
  • Watchtower Ruins (Overworld, Fog)

:mumbao::jumbao:
  • North Lake Miloch (Overworld, Sandstorm/Intense Sun)
  • South Lake Miloch (Overworld, Sandstorm/Intense Sun)

:fawnifer:
:smogecko:
:swirlpool:
starters lol, since Galar already has starters these can be post-game gifts or something, also Dynamax Adventures like the Hoenn starters

:justyke::equilibra:
  • Stony Wilderness (Overworld, Overcast)
  • Training Lowlands (Random in Grass, Overcast)
:solotl::astrolotl:
  • Hammerlocke Hills (Overworld, Intense Sun)

:miasmite::miasmaw:
  • Fields of Honor (Overworld, Fog)
  • Training Lowlands (Overworld, Fog)
Note how it only appears in the Isle of Armor.

Event Exclusive Pokemon with the event taking place after the release of the Crown Tundra.

Venomicon's pokedex entry mentions a library in the Crown Tundra, but.... the Crown Tundra doesn't have any libraries? It will be a gift Pokemon from a Hex Maniac in the Crown Tundra (Hex Maniacs are from Gen 6 but let's face it the Hex Maniacs are practically Venomicon gajinkas), and you get the Vile Vial along with it.

EDIT: Since XenonHero126 requested a storyline, I'll make this section jucier. Though the whole "key item that grants access to it" I just did with Saharaja below so I'm gonna do something else for it. There is a third DLC area where you become an aspiring alchemist and you discover Plachta Venomicon who has lost its memories and you must write alchemy recipes into its pages. Totally not the plot of Atelier Sophie.

:saharaja:
580 BST? Legendary exclusive move? Sounds like a gift Pokemon to me. Especially considering this a Pokemon that you would absolutely only find in desert areas (it is literally named after a desert), but there is nothing like that in the Crown Tundra (which it has to be in due to it not being available before it), and you can't even encounter any sandstorms in the Crown Tundra IIRC. Like Venomicon you'll get it from someone in the Crown Tundra because it wasn't available before the Crown Tundra released. Maybe there can be some Swordward/Shieldbert type plot with Saharaja and some "I am the true sultan" villain.

EDIT: I like the suggestion of a key item that allows you to access Saharaja in a desert location, so I'm gonna "officially" make that how you get it, with it being found in Potbottom Desert after receiving the key item that you can only get in the Crown Tundra. This gives it a chance to do what its fellow Diamond Stormer Diancie (as well as Hoopa and Volcanion) didn't in XY, with those power plant doors in Kalos's Route 13. Or actually, you know what's even better, the key item you get in the Crown Tundra is a plane ticket to Kalos and each door has a Saharaja inside.

I plan to do the same with Scarlet/Violet's region, and it being fully open world means I probably won't have to restrict myself to one area of the game. Let me know if you have any questions about specific placements or if I made any mistakes.

Last edited:

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
"Where do all the abandoned CAPs go? Well, shucks fellers, it so happens I got into business with an esteemed enterprising gentleman and just the gosh darn kindest old lady I've had the pleasure to meet..."

SmogonsHomeForRunnerUpCAPs.jpg

(the theme for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is now playing in your heads, you're welcome)

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Greetings, travelers!

There's a rather large, sharply-dressed camel in your path through the desert... what are ya gonna do?

ENCOUNTER THEME

BATTLE THEME

I had an incalculable amount of fun working on these tracks. I hope you enjoy them, too!

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
is a Community Contributor
As a design exercise to kill time until cap 32, I decided to make some designs for the previous caps

Attachments

I plan to do the same with Scarlet/Violet's region
Well, I did say I would do this, so here we go. Setting locations in Paldea for all CAP mons. I know the explanations may be vague or even nonexistant, a lot of these are just gut feelings which are hard to explain.

:syclar: :syclant:
Reasoning: lol I'm not explaining this one

Reasoning: Ominous place for an ominous Pokemon

:embirch: :flarelm: :pyroak:
Location: North Province Area 1, South Province Area 6, West Province Area 1
Reasoning: These are all places are where you can find Capsakid/Scovillain, another Grass/Fire line. I didn't feel like Asado Desert or North Province Area 3 fit them though.

:breezi: :fidgit:
Location: South Province Area 4, West Province Area 1, Alfornada Cavern, Dalizapa Passage, Aero Zero (cave)
Reasoning: Breezi is in West Province Area 1 because of all the windmills, and is in some of the South Province because they have weaker mons while not being only like Route 1 mons, which I think fits Breezi pretty well. Fidgit is also in the cave areas because with all those arms it's doing a lot of wall crawling, maybe it'll get stuck awkwardly like Glimmora in Area Zero.

:rebble: :tactite: :stratagem:
Location: Alfornada Cavern, Dalizapa Passage, Aero Zero (cave)
Reasoning: Cavemons

:privatyke: :arghonaut:
Reasoning: Seems like the kinda mon you wouldn't find in the grass but also not really the water either. Seems more like Buizel or something in the sense that they'd be most fitting by the beach.

:nohface: :kitsunoh:
Reasoning: These just kinda have that vibe y'know

:monohm: :duohm: :cyclohm:
Reasoning: For mons resembling storm clouds they seem like waterfront mons. Not full on water mons, not beach mons, but lakeside mons.

:dorsoil: :colossoil:
Reasoning: The desert because it's a sandy Ground mon, Dalizapa Passage because you can also find Dugtrio there

:protowatt: :krilowatt:

:voodoll: :voodoom:
Reasoning: I can't really explain this one this is just what I'm feeling

:scratchet: :tomohawk:
Location: North Province Area 1, North Province Area 2, South Province Area 1, South Province Area 4
Reasoning: Scratchet seems like an early game mon to me, while Tomohawk seems like it would fit perfectly in the forests and mountains of the North Provinces

:necturine: :necturna:
Location: North Province Area 2, Tagtree Thicket, Socarrat Trail
Reasoning: Seems like a foresty kind of mon

Reasoning: South Province 5 has marsh which I think fits Mollux well, and I'm also feeling Dalizapa Passage for some reason

:cupra: :argalis: :aurumoth:
Reasoning: Being a psuedo legendary it should be found late game, and this mysterious line of mons belongs in a mysterious place

:brattler: :malaconda:
Location: North Province Area 2, Tagtree Thicket, Socarrat Trail
Reasoning: Same as Necturine and Necturna, they really belong in the forest

:cawdet: :cawmodore:
Location: South Province Area 3, West Province Area 3, North Province Area 1, North Province Area 2
Reasoning: I totally forgot about these so I just threw some shit together

:volkritter: :volkraken:
Reasoning: Volkritter seems more like a beach mon whereas Volkraken seems more like an ocean mon.

:snugglow: :plasmanta:
Reasoning: They might not be Water type but lets face it a Water gym leader would have it as their ace in this game and Tera it into Water

:floatoy: :caimanoe: :naviathan:
Reasoning: I think all 3 can work both on the beach and in the water

Location: South Province Area 3, East Province Area 3, Area Zero (Caves)
Reasoning: Another one that I can't really explain but I'm just feeling

:pluffle: :kerfluffle:
Location: North Province Area 3, South Province Area 1, South Province Area 4
Reasoning: Pluffle definitely seems like an early game mon to me, Kerfluffle is found where the Fairy Team Star boss is located

Reasoning: When in doubt, throw the Ghost mon in the ruins

:mumbao: :jumbao:
Location: South Province Area 1, South Province Area 2, West Province Area 1, Area Zero (Grasslands)
Reasoning: Bright sunny Grass mon belongs in bright sunny places.

:fawnifer: :smogecko: :swirlpool:
Reasoning: They are starters but not the Paldean starters.

:justyke: :equilibra:
Location: East Province Area 3, Dalizapa Passage, Area Zero (Cave)
Reasoning: East Province 3 has a lot of Steel types, and I also feel like it fits in late game caves

:solotl: :astrolotl:
Reasoning: This is another one in which you're just gonna have to trust me

:miasmite: :miasmaw:
Reasoning: Miasmite might be a bug but I don't see it as an early game bug, I see it more along the lines of Scyther or Heracross, both of which can be found in North Province 2. As for Area Zero, I mean the entire area is surrounded in fog which sorta fits a Pokemon known for gas.

Location/Reasoning: Legendary. Idk maybe you can find globs of paint around the region like the Ruin stakes or something.

Reasoning: Venomicon really seems like a lategame mon to me, also since the mons in Area Zero are what inspire the Scarlet/Violet books, then a literal book mon is a perfect fit here

:saharascal: :saharaja:

Everything after CAP 32 I'll probably only put in DLC locations

Last edited:
For this list, did you forget or skip Cawdet and Cawmodore? I think they can also be found in beaches in Paldea.

For Hisui, however, I'd say only allow the first eleven CAPs. No later CAPs should be allowed unless they got regional forms or evolutions that are specifically Hisuian.

Syclar/Syclant - Alabaster Icelands
Revenankh - Crimson Mirelands
Embirch/Flarelm/Pyroak - Obsidian Fieldlands (Ramanas Island), Cobalt Coastlands (Firespit Island)
Breezi/Fidgit - Obsidian Fieldlands, Crimson Mirelands
Rebble/Tactite/Stratagem - Obsidian Fieldlands, Coronet Highlands
Privatyke/Arghonaut - Cobalt Coastlands
Nohface/Kitsunoh - Crimson Mirelands, Alabaster Icelands
Monohm/Duohm/Cyclohm - Obsidian Fieldlands, Coronet Highlands
Dorsoil/Colossoil - Crimson Mirelands
Protowatt/Krilowatt - Cobalt Coastlands
Voodoll/Voodoom - Coronet Highlands

Last edited:
B7829BF6-B557-4E1D-9ADA-43BD263C0917.jpeg

B42B789D-006F-49F6-BED6-C2B12EE85A8D.jpeg

E17FFFE9-E3EA-4373-865A-83F314F2AF1B.jpeg

I’ve made some of the CAP Pokemon in Miitopia’s Mii editor! In particular, I made Snaelstrom, Chromera, and quite recently Astrolotl, and I think they all turned out rather nice.

If you want to use these Miis in Miitopia, my code is 35D27FB. I’ve made a variety of other Miis as well, and I might make more CAP Miis in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)