Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey, no idea where to direct this question. But is there somewhere I could ask for a consistent sparing partner, or partners, for showdown?

I like the immediacy of the site for testing teams and stuff, but i have bad nerves when facing randos on the ladder there. I'm also not very experienced at competitive pokemon.

I've asked in OU chat, and a few other places in the past, but was ignored lol.

nya

<3
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
Hey, no idea where to direct this question. But is there somewhere I could ask for a consistent sparing partner, or partners, for showdown?

I like the immediacy of the site for testing teams and stuff, but i have bad nerves when facing randos on the ladder there. I'm also not very experienced at competitive pokemon.

I've asked in OU chat, and a few other places in the past, but was ignored lol.
Tier specific rooms are the best place to ask for sparring matches in those specific tiers. If you can't find anyone to play in there, you're probably not gonna have much luck anywhere else on the sim.

You could also check if the tier has a public discord that you could ask in. Just make sure you read the rules of each server to check if/where they allow for matchmaking.

I know they can be used in metronome battles, but I have really been looking forward to them being available in other settings. Any clue when they will be opened up?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
When they become available to play with in SV most likely, as being released in a mainline game with a competitive mode is what dictates one's availability.

I received a message today in pokemon showdown that I am not allowed to go afk and brag about it.

my question is:
should I be worried of getting banned?

(the message was not a mistake/false report, I did that on purpose because that guy was playing a stall team and playing stall is a dick move).

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I received a message today in pokemon showdown that I am not allowed to go afk and brag about it.

my question is:
should I be worried of getting banned?

(the message was not a mistake/false report, I did that on purpose because that guy was playing a stall team and playing stall is a dick move).
If you are purposefully being rude to your opponent via chat messages we may take measures to handle that such as restricting your ability to chat (locks usually). If you were already warned for that specific instance of rule breaking I wouldn't be worried about a punishment unless you repeat the behavior. I get stall can suck to play against, but A. its a legitimant play style (the PS moderation team is not going to moderate teams beyond inappropriate nicknames) and B. being a jerk and bragging about being a jerk to other users isn't acceptable.

Hi guys, I play national dex and it says when I play I’m unranked despite playing a decent amount and getting to around 1410 ish sometimes. Is there a way I can make what I play ranked? I have an account and I know I’m not great but it’d still be nice to have the potential to be top 500 especially at the beginning bc it just reset. I have the Elo to be in top 500 at the immediate moment so it’d be nice to see.
thanks so much!

Was just told to come here:

Hi there! I didn't see an FFA option for Scarlet and Violet, and I wanted to know if it is going to be added. I live for the chaos of FFA and everything added in Gen 9 is going to multiply that chaos tenfold. If it's not, and you're PS staff, please do consider adding it! If not for me, then for all the trainers out there who have good friends and want to lose them in one easy step.

~ signed, a Free For All enthusiast who wants to watch the poke-world burn

Was just told to come here:

Hi there! I didn't see an FFA option for Scarlet and Violet, and I wanted to know if it is going to be added. I live for the chaos of FFA and everything added in Gen 9 is going to multiply that chaos tenfold. If it's not, and you're PS staff, please do consider adding it! If not for me, then for all the trainers out there who have good friends and want to lose them in one easy step.

~ signed, a Free For All enthusiast who wants to watch the poke-world burn
(Free-For-All Leader here)

I've been told that Free-For-All will exist in Generation 9, but the developers are currently busy with the main formats and Free-For-All will have to wait until things calm down a little and they have the time to get it set up. All of us FFA fans are waiting for the party to get started, you're not alone :-)

We will no longer be under the umbrella of Other Metagames this generation, and I have not yet been told where I should post the Generation 9 Free-For-All thread. It's drafted and ready to go.

(Free-For-All Leader here)

I've been told that Free-For-All will exist in Generation 9, but the developers are currently busy with the main formats and Free-For-All will have to wait until things calm down a little and they have the time to get it set up. All of us FFA fans are waiting for the party to get started, you're not alone :-)

We will no longer be under the umbrella of Other Metagames this generation, and I have not yet been told where I should post the Generation 9 Free-For-All thread. It's drafted and ready to go.
Absolutely made my day, my week, my entire showdown career

Can someone please explain how my opponent's Giratina moves first (Heart Swap) on turn 9 here:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1732483270

Given my stat boosts, there seems to be no possible legitimate way for that to happen (they definitely don't have scarf, but even still). As far as I know, Heart swap has no special priority, nor can any ability or item boost its priority. Am I missing something? Or... is this person just straight up cheating?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Can someone please explain how my opponent's Giratina moves first (Heart Swap) on turn 9 here:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1732483270

Given my stat boosts, there seems to be no possible legitimate way for that to happen (they definitely don't have scarf, but even still). As far as I know, Heart swap has no special priority, nor can any ability or item boost its priority. Am I missing something? Or... is this person just straight up cheating?
The giratina likely had prankster.

Can you get banned on Showdown if your team is too strong? I've been wanting to ladder with this team https://pokepast.es/c6fec737ba53e73e but even though it's "Anything Goes" I want to make 100% sure that it's ok to spam it game after game and keep gaining Elo. Ok my actual question is will I get banned for intentional throwing or matchfixing or some other reason if I spam this team

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Can you get banned on Showdown if your team is too strong? I've been wanting to ladder with this team https://pokepast.es/c6fec737ba53e73e but even though it's "Anything Goes" I want to make 100% sure that it's ok to spam it game after game and keep gaining Elo. Ok my actual question is will I get banned for intentional throwing or matchfixing or some other reason if I spam this team
No, you can’t get banned for throwing or anything. The only punishable offense in regard to battles is timer stalling and then gloating about it.

Ok this question kinda wack so bare w/ me. My only way to access showdown has been through my school computer (strict parents). Unfortunately my school system recently blocked showdown. I was able to download the installer in hopes that i could download it, but i have to have an admin password from my school to run an installer. So basically, does anyone know of a way to download showdown w/out an installer that isn't a virus?

I know this post is cringe but i am a brother in need.
Edit: it got blocked 2 days before s/v got released, otherwise i wouldn't be this desperate lmao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)