Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, uh how about them S&V games?
or are we gonna keep discussing old inconsistencies in pokemon evolutions and classifications?
Let's be honest, this thread had a lucky string of small news announcements that kept it open longer than it usually would have until the next major announcement. I could go back and look at the previous major announcement trailer for stuff, like taking a close look at that image collage, but that would just be me stretching for stuff to discuss.

Typing "Pokemon Scarlet & Violet" into Google, I did find an interesting story where "Scarlet" was being renamed to "Crimson" in Germany because the German word for Scarlet is heavily associated with Scarlet Fever; not exactly something you want to associate with your friendly monster collecting game. But otherwise its all Wiglett and Ed Sheeran (and also the special edition OLED Switch).

I would suggest lock the thread at the end of tomorrow. That way it gives anyone today and tomorrow to post anything they may have wanted to mention.

I think they changed it to Karmesin because it just rolls better off the tongue then Scharlach. Scharlach is (at least where I live) a rather rare word to describe color and can be entirely replaced by Karmesin

Them changing Pokken to Pokemon Tekken was so stupid. Pokken sounds like poppen which is a very crude way to describe having sex, but you can do naughty shit with any title and Pokemon Tekken sounds so dumb

Interesting to see that the wild "weird terastalize" are easy to recognize and you don't exactly need to catch literally everything you find.

They also seem to confirm that the intention is for every pokemon to have all 18 Tera types. We kinda suspected it, but I guess this does count as official confirmation.
Still has to be seen how that'll work out for "one of" like legendaries.

Interesting to see that the wild "weird terastalize" are easy to recognize and you don't exactly need to catch literally everything you find.

They also seem to confirm that the intention is for every pokemon to have all 18 Tera types. We kinda suspected it, but I guess this does count as official confirmation.
Still has to be seen how that'll work out for "one of" like legendaries.
Apparently it also seems to confirm that the STAB bonus to Same Type Teras is double. So how does the Smogon community feel about that? Still an "insta-ban" kinda thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)