Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Bulbapedia says that a Pokemon can eat a Leppa berry only when a move runs out of PP, the Pokemon receives the berry, or when something forces it to eat the berry. This replay shows a Pokemon eating a Leppa berry when magic room wears off. Is this a Showdown! bug, or is Bulbapedia wrong?

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Bulbapedia says that a Pokemon can eat a Leppa berry only when a move runs out of PP, the Pokemon receives the berry, or when something forces it to eat the berry. This replay shows a Pokemon eating a Leppa berry when magic room wears off. Is this a Showdown! bug, or is Bulbapedia wrong?
Leppa Berry would have activated on the turn that Ditto’s Transform PP counter hit 0, but Magic Room prevents items from being consumed; Magic Room ending equates to a situation in which the holder is “forced to eat the berry.”

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hi, I dont know if this is the correct place to ask, if so apologies for the case.

I was wondering something, as you know, in the games there are certain pokemon that have a highter chance to be found on a specific gender than other, for example, starter pokemon have a 87.5 % to be male and 12.5% to be female. My question here is if you don't set your pokemon with a specific gender on the Pokemon Showdown simulator, and instead let the server choose a random gender at the beggining of a battle (as most of the time is the case) when the simulator randomizes the gender, it takes the specific chance that each individual pokemon has to appear as male of female just like in the games, or instead it randomizes the chance to a 50/50?

For example, lets say that I wanna use a Totodile, and I don't choose an specific gender for it, will my Totodile have a 87.5% chance to be male on a battle and 12.5% to be female, or instead it will have a 50/50 chance to be male or female?

Let me know if I didn't make my question clear, and thanks if someone knows this.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
Hi, I dont know if this is the correct place to ask, if so apologies for the case.

I was wondering something, as you know, in the games there are certain pokemon that have a highter chance to be found on a specific gender than other, for example, starter pokemon have a 87.5 % to be male and 12.5% to be female. My question here is if you don't set your pokemon with a specific gender on the Pokemon Showdown simulator, and instead let the server choose a random gender at the beggining of a battle (as most of the time is the case) when the simulator randomizes the gender, it takes the specific chance that each individual pokemon has to appear as male of female just like in the games, or instead it randomizes the chance to a 50/50?

For example, lets say that I wanna use a Totodile, and I don't choose an specific gender for it, will my Totodile have a 87.5% chance to be male on a battle and 12.5% to be female, or instead it will have a 50/50 chance to be male or female?

Let me know if I didn't make my question clear, and thanks if someone knows this.
It's 50/50. More details and debate about the topic can be read on this relatively recent suggestion to change that.

In the teambuilder, the physical attack IV sets itself to 0 or 31 every time I click one of the Pokemon's moves (even if I don't change that move). Is this intentional? This happened to me when I was putting a sandy Wormadam on a gen 4 OU team, in case you were wondering.

Edit: According to this Serebii page, Sandshrew can know vital throw from a gen 3 event, but Showdown! says it's illegal in gen 3. Which website is wrong?

Last edited:
Hey so I have the username SilverRival and I need the password reset :[ it also keeps claiming that it's the same user as Silver_Rival and Silver(Rival) as well because when I checked it pulled up the accounts when I typed my username in instead of my actual account that I registered with the username. Please help I need my rival user back </3

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey so I have the username SilverRival and I need the password reset :[ it also keeps claiming that it's the same user as Silver_Rival and Silver(Rival) as well because when I checked it pulled up the accounts when I typed my username in instead of my actual account that I registered with the username. Please help I need my rival user back </3
If you are talking about showdown, see this post https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-contacting-upper-staff.3538721/#post-6227626

As for it being the same name as Silver_Rival and Silver(Rival), thats because they are the same name. The PS account system bases names off IDs. An ID is the name with everything but letters and numbers removed and all upper case letters made lower case. So "silverrival" is the ID for that account and any names that just change capitalization or add symbols or whitespace are considered to be the same account.

Level 50 Heatran is legal in gen 8. When I try to use a level 1 Heatran, why does the teambuilder tell me it needs to be at least level 70?

also bumping one of my older posts
In the teambuilder, the physical attack IV sets itself to 0 or 31 every time I click one of the Pokemon's moves (even if I don't change that move). Is this intentional? This happened to me when I was putting a sandy Wormadam on a gen 4 OU team, in case you were wondering.

Edit: According to this Serebii page, Sandshrew can know vital throw from a gen 3 event, but Showdown! says it's illegal in gen 3. Which website is wrong?

Level 50 Heatran is legal in gen 8. When I try to use a level 1 Heatran, why does the teambuilder tell me it needs to be at least level 70?
The exact message should be
  • Heatran is only available from events - it needs to match one of its events, such as:
  • Heatran must be at least level 70 to be from its event #1.
It doesn't necessarily have to match event #1 to validate, it's just giving you an example that if you set its level to 70 then it would match event #1's level.

When I use a dragon ascent Rayquaza in custom game, it can Dynamax but not mega evolve. Is this intentional? If yes, why?

I want to ask, where I complain about Pokémon Showdown rules?
I remember I played with a batom pass team, in gen 3, untill last year. But now, this year, my team become banned by a new rule of just one baton passer per team.
And even my other team who just have one baton passer, is also banned, because it is the Umbreon with Mean Look + Baton pass and it is also banned.
Where is the best space in this forum to complain about that? Or there is other sites where I can play pokémon without that rule?
Better, without any rule. I would love to have a Double Team in my team or a pokémon with Horn Drill,both also banned of this game.
And I also think the sleep clausule very annoying, because just put one foe to sleep make my Breloom with spore unuseless if the enemy changes,it's necessary the possibility to put all the enemy team to sleep.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I want to ask, where I complain about Pokémon Showdown rules?
I remember I played with a batom pass team, in gen 3, untill last year. But now, this year, my team become banned by a new rule of just one baton passer per team.
And even my other team who just have one baton passer, is also banned, because it is the Umbreon with Mean Look + Baton pass and it is also banned.
Where is the best space in this forum to complain about that? Or there is other sites where I can play pokémon without that rule?
Better, without any rule. I would love to have a Double Team in my team or a pokémon with Horn Drill,both also banned of this game.
And I also think the sleep clausule very annoying, because just put one foe to sleep make my Breloom with spore unuseless if the enemy changes,it's necessary the possibility to put all the enemy team to sleep.
These are smogon's rules not showdowns. Play Anything Goes if you want to play with anything that is legal on cartridge ignoring any of smogon's bans. For Gen 3, thats a challenge only format due to its general lack of play. Also please don't post here and post a thread in the PS forum.

I started playing showdown on a new browser and instead of having my moves below the pokemon animation is appears over the animation is a black box over the screen. I was wondering what setting I have to change to get it back to normal

If a private room (not a groupchat or a battle, a room) is deleted, is all its content (quotes, logs, and the like) permanently gone or can it be recovered somehow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)