Project NDAG Teambuilding Competition (Week 2: Yveltal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bectreer.png

approved by Seldanna | OP stolen from rottens thread | thank you Kolohe for the art o/

Rules:
  • Entry submission: Post your team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give another option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead.
  • Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  • Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussions about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you don't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  • Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Last edited:
Round 1 - Arceus-Ghost

Arceus-Ghost is a versatile subject which is able to threaten walls such as Giratina and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane due to its good bulk, immense movepool, and having options to switch between offensive and support sets. Despite this, it requires good support for it to shine, its Ghost typing does not help it vs faster Ghost-types nor Dark-types making it hard for it to set up against them.

You have until Friday to submit a team built around Arceus-Ghost. Good luck!​

Hi uwu. This is what i built for this competition. Trying to learn and getting better at team building. Any suggestion to it is welcome.:blobuwu:

This team was built primarily around Arceus Ghost. It is kinda hard to build an offensive set for it in the current meta as Calyrex-Shadow, Yveltal, Arceus Dark, Zacian-Crowned outclass it as an offensive threat and the presence of ditto doesn't allow it to shine either. Keeping that in mind, I went with a support set with thunder wave as a status move to paralyze switches in like Yveltal, Arceus Dark, etc. Arceus Ghost is the lead and the rock setter for this team. It has 331 speed to outspeed Yveltal and Band Mega Rayquaza. Now to cover for its weakness of dark and ghost type, I added Arceus-Fairy to the team as the 2nd support Arceus. Arceus fairy has both toxic and thunder wave, normally it will be best to use thunder wave as the first move to the potential switch in of Zacian-Crowned and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. I added toxic on it to deal with Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh and Arceus Ground. I added Necrozma-Dusk-Mane as the necessary Zacian-Crowned check and put dragon dance on it as the team already has a rock setter and in certain situations in can act as a late sweeper. Yveltal is there for Calyrex-Shadow with the moveset snarl bypassing substitute and the defogger of the team. Uturn along with sassy nature is put on it to take advantage of Band Mega Rayquaza. Mega Rayquaza is the stall breaker and hit hard the mons that have been paralyzed with the support arceus. It has the standard set with dragon ascent, v-create and extreme speed. Scale shot is put on it to deal with Smeargle. Mega Rayquaza should be the lead when you see Smeargle on the opposing team, one of the times where it may be better than Arceus Ghost as a lead. The last pokemon is Calm Mind Arceus Water with a standard cm set, and I prefer it as it is one of the 3 arceus forms that resist Behemoth Blade from Zacian-Crowned in a dynamax form. Before using it, make sure there is no Primal Groudon in the opposing team. Arceus ghost can't be trapped by support whirlpool perish song Arceus and the Arceus dark version of it is checked by Arceus Fairy. Cm water is imposter proof as opposing ditto can't hit arceus ghost as it became normal type when they imposter arceus.

Primal Kyogre and Ferrothorn can be annoying to face for this team. Take them out quickly with Band Mega Rayquaza. Also most of my the team members have enough speed to outspeed Xerneas and hence it is better to attack it before sacking a mon that isn't required in the battle and then revenge killing it with Necrozma-Dusk-Mane or Espeed Band Mega Rayquaza.

Thank you for reading it uwu.

It's time to vote! :arceus-ghost:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me. And regarding for next week I plan to post a more popular mon to get this thread running.

Team A by Farce Of The Death
Hi uwu. This is what i built for this competition. Trying to learn and getting better at team building. Any suggestion to it is welcome.:blobuwu:

This team was built primarily around Arceus Ghost. It is kinda hard to build an offensive set for it in the current meta as Calyrex-Shadow, Yveltal, Arceus Dark, Zacian-Crowned outclass it as an offensive threat and the presence of ditto doesn't allow it to shine either. Keeping that in mind, I went with a support set with thunder wave as a status move to paralyze switches in like Yveltal, Arceus Dark, etc. Arceus Ghost is the lead and the rock setter for this team. It has 331 speed to outspeed Yveltal and Band Mega Rayquaza. Now to cover for its weakness of dark and ghost type, I added Arceus-Fairy to the team as the 2nd support Arceus. Arceus fairy has both toxic and thunder wave, normally it will be best to use thunder wave as the first move to the potential switch in of Zacian-Crowned and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. I added toxic on it to deal with Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh and Arceus Ground. I added Necrozma-Dusk-Mane as the necessary Zacian-Crowned check and put dragon dance on it as the team already has a rock setter and in certain situations in can act as a late sweeper. Yveltal is there for Calyrex-Shadow with the moveset snarl bypassing substitute and the defogger of the team. Uturn along with sassy nature is put on it to take advantage of Band Mega Rayquaza. Mega Rayquaza is the stall breaker and hit hard the mons that have been paralyzed with the support arceus. It has the standard set with dragon ascent, v-create and extreme speed. Scale shot is put on it to deal with Smeargle. Mega Rayquaza should be the lead when you see Smeargle on the opposing team, one of the times where it may be better than Arceus Ghost as a lead. The last pokemon is Calm Mind Arceus Water with a standard cm set, and I prefer it as it is one of the 3 arceus forms that resist Behemoth Blade from Zacian-Crowned in a dynamax form. Before using it, make sure there is no Primal Groudon in the opposing team. Arceus ghost can't be trapped by support whirlpool perish song Arceus and the Arceus dark version of it is checked by Arceus Fairy. Cm water is imposter proof as opposing ditto can't hit arceus ghost as it became normal type when they imposter arceus.

Primal Kyogre and Ferrothorn can be annoying to face for this team. Take them out quickly with Band Mega Rayquaza. Also most of my the team members have enough speed to outspeed Xerneas and hence it is better to attack it before sacking a mon that isn't required in the battle and then revenge killing it with Necrozma-Dusk-Mane or Espeed Band Mega Rayquaza.

Thank you for reading it uwu.
Team B by kanato

simple spam web HO
nothing to explain
You have until Monday to vote!

The voting stage is now over! Here are the results:
A>B
A>B
A>B
The winner for the first week goes to Farce Of The Death! Congratulations, now your team will be part of the Hall of Fame.

Round 2 - Yveltal
R.gif

Yveltal is one of the most used Pokemon and is the most reliable one in metagame. It being able to check threats such as Calyrex-Shadow makes it a valuable asset in a team. Being able to switch between bulky sets to offensive sets makes it all the more threatening especially with the option to Dynamax.

You have until Saturday to submit a team built around Yveltal. Good luck!

Hi uwu.

The team I built is a passive balanced team. I have explained everyone's role below.

Yveltal - This set of Yveltal is one of the most reliable sets to check Calyrex-Shadow in the current metagame. Snarl bypass substitute and lower special attack which helps to deal with even nasty plot, baton pass set of Calyrex-Shadow. It even walls special attacker Yveltal that lack taunt with snarl, roost, and toxic. U-turn on it helps deal with perish song arceus forms and helps to keep the pressure on with the switches.

Mega Gengar - Mega gengar is the stall/balance breaker of this team after opponent use dynamax in the battle. It can set up freely with encore and nasty plot later in the game and act as a sweeper. Shadow Tag ability prevents an opponent from freely switching in the game. Embargo can also be used instead of the move substitute.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane - The rock setter of this team as well as the primary check to Zacian-Crowned. Basic standard set.

Arceus-Ground - The best Arceus in the current metagame as it checks pokemons like Primal Groudon, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, and Zygarde. I have given it, Will-O-Wisp so that it can burn certain physical attackers like Marshadow, Arceus Normal, Mega Rayquaza.

Ho-Oh - I needed a defogger for this team and Ho-oh fits in the team perfectly with its ability to handle steel-type and bulky arceus forms that can't hit it super effectively.

Chansey - The team had weaknesses to pokemons like Primal Kyogre, Xerneas, Calm Mind Arceus forms. Chansey acts as the sp def wall and a check to them with confide and Seismic toss. Toxic can be used too instead of Seismic toss, but you lose to Calm mind, Refresh Arceus in the pp battle.

This is a short summary for this team uwu. [/spoilers]

Any suggestion is welcome:blobuwu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)