Smogon Champions League I - Commencement

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
wondering why the hosts didn't redo the lusa nom since one of the managers typo'd a bid amount in it, considering that that has been done every other time this has happened, ever, and it happens like once per spl.

was it not doable cause the auction wasn't paused fast enough and someone got nommed right after? i'm pretty sure the bot lets you relocate funds and players freely so i doubt it's this, but if so, the bot should be changed to fix that in time for next spl

or was it a deliberate change in the policy, if so you should probably post about it in admin decisions so we know before spl (though i wonder if you'd enforce it if the typo'd amount had been 30k or if the manager in question had been someone with more clout)
I see your point Mario and I agree. Let’s redo the entire auction so I don’t have to team with rozes.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
wondering why the hosts didn't redo the lusa nom since one of the managers typo'd a bid amount in it, considering that that has been done every other time this has happened, ever, and it happens like once per spl.

was it not doable cause the auction wasn't paused fast enough and someone got nommed right after? i'm pretty sure the bot lets you relocate funds and players freely so i doubt it's this, but if so, the bot should be changed to fix that in time for next spl

or was it a deliberate change in the policy, if so you should probably post about it in admin decisions so we know before spl (though i wonder if you'd enforce it if the typo'd amount had been 30k or if the manager in question had been someone with more clout)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright, time to see how well folks' predictions matched up with the actual auction!

First player to get nominated: Punny
Zephyri
tlenit
zS
Kink
xxx
16bit
Hiye
Dragon Claw
Stone Cold
LNumbers
McSim

Overall most expensive player: Eo Ut Mortus (39k)
Spl4sh
Fc
64 Squares
omicorio
Tace
The Ghost of Mannat
rat korga
goao
femboy
Excal
Gefährlicher Random
Finchinator
hs
Malekith
Rodriblutar
Mikaav
TJ
Nat
Vulpix03
Sensei Axew
Gray
ez
london13
MAX UND MAX
JOMATOES
FALSE
Lyss
umbry
FMG
Eternal Spirit
Dragon Claw
Hiye
tlenit
16bit
Aliss
Mishimono
Luthier
Wanony
bruno
Ninja
Expulso
sabella
Eo Ut Mortus
Bushtush
?
Stone Cold

Most expensive OU player: Eo Ut Mortus (39k)
Spl4sh
Fc
64 Squares
omicorio
Tace
The Ghost of Mannat
rat korga
goao
femboy
Excal
Gefährlicher Random
Finchinator
hs
Malekith
Rodriblutar
Mikaav
TJ
Nat
Vulpix03
Sensei Axew
Gray
ez
london13
MAX UND MAX
JOMATOES
FALSE
Lyss
umbry
FMG
Eternal Spirit
Dragon Claw
Hiye
tlenit
16bit
Aliss
Mishimono
Luthier
Wanony
bruno
Ninja
Expulso
sabella
Eo Ut Mortus
Bushtush
?
Stone Cold
Clone
Optify
Xevara
Enzonana
IPF
qwily
atomicllamas
LNumbers
Ajna
Alpha Rabbit
SiirinZ
LpZ

Most expensive Ubers player: Icemaster (23k)
Fc
The Ghost of Mannat
femboy
hs
Gray
MAX UND MAX
Luthier
Ninja
Optify
Xevara
IPF
SiirinZ
LpZ
zS
cy
Clone

Most expensive DOU player: Nail (16k)
Luthier
zS
Mikaav
Tace
rat korga
Excal
Malekith
Vulpix03
london13
Hiye
16bit
Mishimono
Wanony
Gareeb

Most expensive UU player: Adaam (23.5k)
Zephyri
tlenit
hs
Ninja
cy
Luthier
zS
femboy
bruno
Kink
SimonBoi
Amaranth
Aliss
Nat
Spl4sh
Gefährlicher Random
Expulso
LNumbers
Alpha Rabbit
STABLE
Tace
Excal
Malekith
Vulpix03
london13
Hiye
Mishimono
Eternal Spirit
64 Squares
Lyss
umbry
Stone Cold
sabella
Dragon Claw
Ajna
Rodriblutar

Most expensive RU player: Punny (29k)
Xevara
LpZ
Zephyri
tlenit
hs
Ninja
cy
Luthier
zS
femboy
Kink
Amaranth
Aliss
Nat
Spl4sh
Gefährlicher Random
Expulso
LNumbers
Alpha Rabbit
STABLE
Tace
Excal
london13
Hiye
Mishimono
Eternal Spirit
64 Squares
Lyss
umbry
Stone Cold
Dragon Claw
Ajna
Rodriblutar
Bushtush
IPF
Fc
Gray
Finchinator
TJ
16bit
atomicllamas
McSim
qwily
Sensei Axew
Corperaten
xxx
ez
Wanony
?
Eo Ut Mortus
FMG
FALSE
omicorio
Lartedipissog
afakedugong
rat korga
Enzonana

Most expensive NU player: TDK (38k)
qwily

Most expensive PU player: TJ (19.5k)
Optify
IPF
Aliss
omicorio
SiirinZ
sabella
Mikaav
LpZ
Ninja
Nat
STABLE
Hiye
Mishimono
Stone Cold
Ajna
Bushtush
Fc
Finchinator
atomicllamas
Corperaten
ez
FALSE
rat korga
london13
Xevara
Clone
Amaranth
64 Squares

Most expensive LC player: dcae (19k)
Zephyri
TJ
Eo Ut Mortus
lax
The Ghost of Mannat
Luthier
bruno
Aliss
Nat
Hiye
Stone Cold
rat korga
Tace

PLAYER PRICES
Bushtush:
11500 (Gray, umbry)
Charmflash: 5500 (Clone, Hiye, Aliss)
dcae: 19000 (No one! Closest was lax with 18.5k)
dice: 10500 (Excal)
Eo Ut Mortus: 39000 (No one! Closest were lax, goao, Sogeking and Ox the Fox with 40k.)
Finchinator: 19000 (LNumbers, Gefährlicher Random, JOMATOES)
Gefährlicher Random: 20000 (Ajna, TJ, Alpha Rabbit)
Insult: 26500 (No one! Closest were Rodriblutar with 26k and Wanony with 27k.)
M Dragon: 7000 (Zephyri, umbry)
Nails: 16000 (LpZ, Vulpix03, cy, IPF)
Nat: 13000 (Eo Ut Mortus)
Punny: 29000 (BushTush, IPF)
SoulWind: 19500 (Dragon Claw)
talah: 32500 (Eo Ut Mortus)
TJ: 19500 (No one! Closest were omicorio/sabella with 19k and london13/Alpha Rabbit with 20k.)

It's early and I'm not caffeinated yet, so I might have missed something/made some errors, but by my tally, that means the winner is Hiye with 9 correct! Tied for 2nd are Luthier, Aliss and Stone_Cold with 7 correct.

NAME# CORRECT
afakedugong1
FMG1
Lartedipissog1
lax1
SimonBoi1
Corperaten2
Enzonana2
goao2
McSim2
xxx2
?3
Amaranth3
atomicllamas3
FMG3
JOMATOES3
Kink3
MAX UND MAX3
Optify3
qwily3
Sensei Axew3
SiirinZ3
STABLE3
Alpha Rabbit4
bruno4
Clone4
cy4
Eternal Spirit4
Expulso4
ez4
Finchinator4
hs4
Lyss4
Malekith4
Mikaav4
omicorio4
Rodriblutar 4
sabella4
Spl4sh4
The Ghost of Mannat4
Wanony4
Xevara4
FALSE4
16bit5
64 Squares5
Ajna5
Bushtush5
Fc5
femboy5
Gefährlicher Random5
Gray5
LNumbers5
LpZ5
TJ5
tlenit5
Vulpix035
Zephyri5
zS5
Dragon Claw6
Eo Ut Mortus6
Excal6
IPF6
london136
Mishimono6
Nat6
Ninja6
rat korga6
Tace6
umbry6
Aliss7
Luthier7
Stone Cold7
Hiye9

Thanks all for participating! Let me know if I missed anything. I'll do another update after Power Rankings come out.

(Hiye, hmu if you want another sweet trophy like jacob got.)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
All of the forms for the Power Rankings have been sent out and those ranking should be notified via forum PM. If you could please fill out the rankings today or let me know that you cannot ASAP (like rn please), it would be greatly appreciated. Shoutout to Ubers and PU for already being halfway done!

If you were not picked to rank, then you can still post your thoughts in the respective subforum discussion threads: OU, UU, RU, NU (coming today), PU, LC (coming soon(?)), Ubers, and DOU. Please do not take this as an invitation to use my PMs to complain about not being picked to rank instead as it will be ignored -- you know who you are. Thank you!

The Blanket enjoyed watching yesterday's draft. Great job everyone.

I am rooting for my many friends in this tournament... Dynamos, Spartans, TMs, Gible. The Foxes especially; I have a soft spot for that team. Genius draft with some amazing steals and exciting players.

To those of you that are playing or managing for the first time, remember to have fun and try your best. Despite prediction and ranking posts being potentially against you, never forget your worth and potential. You are all capable of great things.

Good luck everyone. The Blanket out.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Hello broke users of Smogon, if you are a lucky coinflipper then please consider being ready to participate in the Ubers game predictions competition which is outlined here (under the Ubers discussion thread). Pot is confirmed at least $70 USD and a month of Discord Nitro right now.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
yooo I streamed a scl power ranking video with tony, tdk, elodin, bush, garay, and snaga (he joined super late)

somethings to note: the first like 9 minutes were pointless and just me setting shit up so I'm including timestamps for everybody so you can see what you wanna see. also my mic is a bit quiet fsr and the scuffed version is up rn but it's more like a podcast than a video

thanks to the people that joined the stream, hopefully you enjoyed it! and snaga also got kicked for it lol.

as always, power ranks are meant to be disproven wrong so have fun to everybody
9:16 - Introduction and Orange Islanders
27:45 - Indigo Platoon
50:00 - Power Plant Dynamos
1:00:35 - Uncharted Terrors
1:15:25 - Technical Machines
1:28:02 - Arena Spartans
1:37:03 - Showdown Shoguns
1:51:08 - Mt. Silver Foxes
2:07:15 - Circuit Breakers
2:19:30 - Studio Gibles and Closing Thoughts

edit: ALSO I forgot were gonna be doing a weekly thing whether it's going over the best replays or predicts we'll see ;p

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
yooo I streamed a scl power ranking video with tony, tdk, elodin, bush, garay, and snaga (he joined super late)

somethings to note: the first like 9 minutes were pointless and just me setting shit up so I'm including timestamps for everybody so you can see what you wanna see. also my mic is a bit quiet fsr and the scuffed version is up rn but it's more like a podcast than a video

thanks to the people that joined the stream, hopefully you enjoyed it! and snaga also got kicked for it lol.

as always, power ranks are meant to be disproven wrong so have fun to everybody
9:16 - Introduction and Orange Islanders
27:45 - Indigo Platoon
50:00 - Power Plant Dynamos
1:00:35 - Uncharted Terrors
1:15:25 - Technical Machines
1:28:02 - Arena Spartans
1:37:03 - Showdown Shoguns
1:51:08 - Mt. Silver Foxes
2:07:15 - Circuit Breakers
2:19:30 - Studio Gibles and Closing Thoughts

edit: ALSO I forgot were gonna be doing a weekly thing whether it's going over the best replays or predicts we'll see ;p
ELODIN, TONY, TDK, BUSHTUSH, SNAGA, AND GARAY

really a meeting of the minds eh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)