Project SS AG Teambuilding Competition [On Hiatus]

1625601164394.png
approved by Icemaster | OP stolen from airfare's thread | thanks to Fusion Flare for the good art!

Rules:
  • Entry submission: Post your team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give another option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead.
  • Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  • Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussions about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you don't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  • Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Last edited:
Round 1 - Reshiram

:bw/reshiram:

Reshiram is a scary offensive sweeper that is able to threaten out common walls such as Necrozma-DM, Ferrothorn, and Yveltal thanks to its fantastic offensive typing, good Attack stat, and access to Dragon Dance. However, it needs a good amount of support, as its mediocre defensive typing that makes it weak to Stealth Rock, average Speed stat when unboosted, and awkward STAB moves in Flare Blitz and Outrage can make it difficult to sweep at times.

You have until Monday to submit a team built around Reshiram. Good luck!​

Hi, all! This is a team I whipped up and I'm pretty excited about it!
:ss/Reshiram: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Lunala: :ss/Kyurem-White:
Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Earthquake

Regieleki @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Snarl
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Lunala @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shadow Shield
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Roar
- Hex

Kyurem-White @ Utility Umbrella
EVs: 40 SpA / 216 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Fusion Flare
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
This team is built around physical Dragon Dance Reshiram and an underrated special wallbreaker in Life Orb Regieleki. The Reshiram is a pretty typical Dragon Dance spread, running Life Orb and Roost for extra damage output and survivability respectively. The Necrozma and the Yveltal are pretty standard additions to any balance team in SWSH AG, with the NDM running Earthquake to help pressure opposing Zekrom and the Yveltal running Snarl to help pressure the increasingly popular Substitute Calyrex-Shadow running enough defensive bulk to tank a U-Turn and maintain its substitute. The Lunala is to help against opposing Ditto which greatly threatens any DD Reshiram team, and the Kyurem-White is a pretty standard Kyogre check while also providing offensive coverage support against additional threats to this team such as Zygarde, Quagsire, Landorus-Therian, and Eternatus. The Regieleki helps against another potent threat in Kyogre, forcing it out into Pokemon such as Kyurem-White and Eternatus, which Reshiram and the team's own Kyurem-White can capitalize on respectively. In the latter case, the Eternatus may be forced out into a Pokemon such as Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, which Reshiram can take great advantage on with a well-executed double switch. Regieleki is also fast enough to deal big damage to faster sweepers such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-Shadow with Thunderbolt and provides excellent pivoting capability with Volt Switch, which also deals massive damage on its own. Ancient Power is a decent enough filler to hit low-health Kyurem-White, Shedinja, and Ditto transformed into Reshiram. All in all, I believe this is a very potent team which deals big damage to a lot of the metagame and covers for a lot of potent threats and checks.

Removed 2 Attack EVs from Lunala.
Changed Yveltal's nature from Calm to Sassy to allow it to be a slow turner for more optimal pivoting.

Last edited:
second blood, im seriously not proud of this team. I think it’s one of the worst I’ve ever built(better than galv webs at least)
:ss/reshiram: :ss/necrozma-dusk mane: :ss/yveltal: :ss/darmanitan-galar: :ss/eternatus::ss/xerneas:

bad mon (Reshiram) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Flamethrower

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute

I built this team around Dragon Dance Reshiram, a very scary but high maintenance Pokemon. Dragon Dance Reshiram‘s incredible typing makes it a very strong sweeper capable of mowing through defensive staples such as Necrozma-Dusk Mane, Eternatus, Kyurem-White, and Ferrothorn. Its good attack stat aided by life orb lets it break through most neutral targets easily after a boost. The EVs are standard, with max speed and max attack to make Reshiram as effective as possible at sweeping. Roost is used in the fourth moveslot to help Reshiram stay healthy. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed targets like Calyrex-S after a boost.

The next Pokemon I added were Necrozma-DM and Yveltal. These Pokemon are staples on bulky offense and balance teams because of their ability to check Zacian-C and Calyrex-S respectively. They also offer valuable utility on this team such as Yveltal helping to keep rocks off the field for Reshiram and Galarian Darmanitan, and Necrozma-DM setting stealth rock. The movesets and EVs are standard. I chose to use knock off on Yveltal to help remove items like Necrozma-DM’s rocky helmet to make Darmanitan’s U-Turns more free. Earthquake is used on Necrozma-DM to pressure Zekrom, which could otherwise be very scary.

Next, I added Eternatus. This Pokemon is another staple of bulky offense and balance teams, though unlike Yveltal and Necrozma-DM it has actual competition in the form of Kyurem-White. I opted not to use Kyurem-White though as Eternatus’s Toxic Spikes can synergize well with Reshiram’s ability to pressure the main toxic spikes absorber Eternatus after a boost.(Also my sheer colds never hit smh) I also wanted a check to Marshadow, and this Eternatus has EVs to outspeed Adamant variants. Dragon Tail is used to stop Calm Mind Kyogre which otherwise destroys this team.

After the staples were added, I wanted some sort of speed control that could also create setup opportunities for Reshiram. Choice Scarf Darmanitan-Galar fit quite well for this role, as it can pressure a lot of the metagame with its coverage and pivot out of Pokemon that might try to switch into it such as Necrozma-DM. Reshiram is then able to force these Pokemon out and potentially sweep. The EVs are standard to hit as hard and fast as possible. Rock Slide is used in the last moveslot ot pressure Ho-Oh which can be difficult for this team to face.

Last, I wanted a fairy type to help improof Reshiram. Ditto is forced to either use outrage or risk the speedtie by dynamaxing, and if it locks into Outrage it could potentially hand Xerneas a free setup opportunity which can be devastating. Xerneas is also great at forcing the opponent to dynamax which can be helpful for Reshiram to sweep in the endgame. The moveset and EVs are standard for Xerneas to outspeed almost everything and hit as hard as possible after a boost.

Importable-
:ss/reshiram: :ss/yveltal: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/calyrex-shadow: :ss/kyurem-white: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:

Reshiram having a good typing and a good boosting move in dd and having flare blitz to hit ndm hard is very useful tho having a stealth rock weakness and not resisting water type moves could be a problem.
Added yveltal and ndm core to check calyrex and zacian. Standard moveset on both foul play on yvel and eq on ndm to hit zacian. U turn on yvel to get momentum stealth rock on Ndm so assurance does 70% when on opposing ndm switches in on zacian. Added a kyurem white as team is weak to ogre you can also use hdb on it but i prefer no rain boosted water moves. Calyrex has the standard nasty plot +3 attack astral barrage and psyshock for stab and +2 max starfall(draning kiss) ohkos yvel . Zacian adanment to hit hard tho i can see deffensive zacian for xern to put less pressure on ndm.

MAHOH

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion

I built this team around Dragon Dance Haban Reshiram and Heat Rock Groudon. Haban helps improof Resh and Heat Rock extends the sunlight to 8 turns for the other members of this team to take advantage of. This core is pretty dubious and doesn't offer much defensive utility against all the big bad pokemon in galar ag, so the other 4 mons are basically here to fill in the cracks. NDM for Zacian-C, Yveltal for Calyrex-Shadow, Etern for Ogre, Scarf Xerneas for speed control and Zygarde blah blah everyone knows ;;

This team is not very good against Geomancy Xerneas so I threw Trick Room/Earthquake on NDM, Sludge Bomb on Eternatus, and Taunt on Yveltal on the possible switch. Kinda funny but SD defensive Groudon improofs itself decently as well. Grass Knot on Xerneas is important, as it does mass to Scarf Ogre and more importantly +1 Speed Groudon after it inventively kills 2 members and runs out of dyna. Zekrom does not do anything to this team randomly too

+1 252 Atk Turboblaze Reshiram Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Haban Berry Reshiram: 186-219 (54.5 - 64.2%)

You won't ever die to Flare Blitz max recoil into +1 Atk Dragon Claw Ditto

+1 252 Atk Reshiram Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Sun: 379-447 (95.2 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (100% after rocks)

It's time to vote!
1624311337805.png

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Hi, all! This is a team I whipped up and I'm pretty excited about it!
:ss/Reshiram: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Lunala: :ss/Kyurem-White:
Reshiram @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Earthquake

Regieleki @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

Sassy Nature
- Snarl
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Lunala @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shadow Shield
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Roar
- Hex

Kyurem-White @ Utility Umbrella
EVs: 40 SpA / 216 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Fusion Flare
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
This team is built around physical Dragon Dance Reshiram and an underrated special wallbreaker in Life Orb Regieleki. The Reshiram is a pretty typical Dragon Dance spread, running Life Orb and Roost for extra damage output and survivability respectively. The Necrozma and the Yveltal are pretty standard additions to any balance team in SWSH AG, with the NDM running Earthquake to help pressure opposing Zekrom and the Yveltal running Snarl to help pressure the increasingly popular Substitute Calyrex-Shadow running enough defensive bulk to tank a U-Turn and maintain its substitute. The Lunala is to help against opposing Ditto which greatly threatens any DD Reshiram team, and the Kyurem-White is a pretty standard Kyogre check while also providing offensive coverage support against additional threats to this team such as Zygarde, Quagsire, Landorus-Therian, and Eternatus. The Regieleki helps against another potent threat in Kyogre, forcing it out into Pokemon such as Kyurem-White and Eternatus, which Reshiram and the team's own Kyurem-White can capitalize on respectively. In the latter case, the Eternatus may be forced out into a Pokemon such as Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, which Reshiram can take great advantage on with a well-executed double switch. Regieleki is also fast enough to deal big damage to faster sweepers such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-Shadow with Thunderbolt and provides excellent pivoting capability with Volt Switch, which also deals massive damage on its own. Ancient Power is a decent enough filler to hit low-health Kyurem-White, Shedinja, and Ditto transformed into Reshiram. All in all, I believe this is a very potent team which deals big damage to a lot of the metagame and covers for a lot of potent threats and checks.

Removed 2 Attack EVs from Lunala.
Changed Yveltal's nature from Calm to Sassy to allow it to be a slow turner for more optimal pivoting.
Team B by Turtonator44
second blood, im seriously not proud of this team. I think it’s one of the worst I’ve ever built(better than galv webs at least)
:ss/reshiram: :ss/necrozma-dusk mane: :ss/yveltal: :ss/darmanitan-galar: :ss/eternatus::ss/xerneas:

bad mon (Reshiram) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Flamethrower

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute

I built this team around Dragon Dance Reshiram, a very scary but high maintenance Pokemon. Dragon Dance Reshiram‘s incredible typing makes it a very strong sweeper capable of mowing through defensive staples such as Necrozma-Dusk Mane, Eternatus, Kyurem-White, and Ferrothorn. Its good attack stat aided by life orb lets it break through most neutral targets easily after a boost. The EVs are standard, with max speed and max attack to make Reshiram as effective as possible at sweeping. Roost is used in the fourth moveslot to help Reshiram stay healthy. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed targets like Calyrex-S after a boost.

The next Pokemon I added were Necrozma-DM and Yveltal. These Pokemon are staples on bulky offense and balance teams because of their ability to check Zacian-C and Calyrex-S respectively. They also offer valuable utility on this team such as Yveltal helping to keep rocks off the field for Reshiram and Galarian Darmanitan, and Necrozma-DM setting stealth rock. The movesets and EVs are standard. I chose to use knock off on Yveltal to help remove items like Necrozma-DM’s rocky helmet to make Darmanitan’s U-Turns more free. Earthquake is used on Necrozma-DM to pressure Zekrom, which could otherwise be very scary.

Next, I added Eternatus. This Pokemon is another staple of bulky offense and balance teams, though unlike Yveltal and Necrozma-DM it has actual competition in the form of Kyurem-White. I opted not to use Kyurem-White though as Eternatus’s Toxic Spikes can synergize well with Reshiram’s ability to pressure the main toxic spikes absorber Eternatus after a boost.(Also my sheer colds never hit smh) I also wanted a check to Marshadow, and this Eternatus has EVs to outspeed Adamant variants. Dragon Tail is used to stop Calm Mind Kyogre which otherwise destroys this team.

After the staples were added, I wanted some sort of speed control that could also create setup opportunities for Reshiram. Choice Scarf Darmanitan-Galar fit quite well for this role, as it can pressure a lot of the metagame with its coverage and pivot out of Pokemon that might try to switch into it such as Necrozma-DM. Reshiram is then able to force these Pokemon out and potentially sweep. The EVs are standard to hit as hard and fast as possible. Rock Slide is used in the last moveslot ot pressure Ho-Oh which can be difficult for this team to face.

Last, I wanted a fairy type to help improof Reshiram. Ditto is forced to either use outrage or risk the speedtie by dynamaxing, and if it locks into Outrage it could potentially hand Xerneas a free setup opportunity which can be devastating. Xerneas is also great at forcing the opponent to dynamax which can be helpful for Reshiram to sweep in the endgame. The moveset and EVs are standard for Xerneas to outspeed almost everything and hit as hard as possible after a boost.
Team C by The gaming attack
Importable-
:ss/reshiram: :ss/yveltal: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/calyrex-shadow: :ss/kyurem-white: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:

Reshiram having a good typing and a good boosting move in dd and having flare blitz to hit ndm hard is very useful tho having a stealth rock weakness and not resisting water type moves could be a problem.
Added yveltal and ndm core to check calyrex and zacian. Standard moveset on both foul play on yvel and eq on ndm to hit zacian. U turn on yvel to get momentum stealth rock on Ndm so assurance does 70% when on opposing ndm switches in on zacian. Added a kyurem white as team is weak to ogre you can also use hdb on it but i prefer no rain boosted water moves. Calyrex has the standard nasty plot +3 attack astral barrage and psyshock for stab and +2 max starfall(draning kiss) ohkos yvel . Zacian adanment to hit hard tho i can see deffensive zacian for xern to put less pressure on ndm.
Team D by Skarph

I built this team around Dragon Dance Haban Reshiram and Heat Rock Groudon. Haban helps improof Resh and Heat Rock extends the sunlight to 8 turns for the other members of this team to take advantage of. This core is pretty dubious and doesn't offer much defensive utility against all the big bad pokemon in galar ag, so the other 4 mons are basically here to fill in the cracks. NDM for Zacian-C, Yveltal for Calyrex-Shadow, Etern for Ogre, Scarf Xerneas for speed control and Zygarde blah blah everyone knows ;;

This team is not very good against Geomancy Xerneas so I threw Trick Room/Earthquake on NDM, Sludge Bomb on Eternatus, and Taunt on Yveltal on the possible switch. Kinda funny but SD defensive Groudon improofs itself decently as well. Grass Knot on Xerneas is important, as it does mass to Scarf Ogre and more importantly +1 Speed Groudon after it inventively kills 2 members and runs out of dyna. Zekrom does not do anything to this team randomly too

+1 252 Atk Turboblaze Reshiram Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Haban Berry Reshiram: 186-219 (54.5 - 64.2%)

You won't ever die to Flare Blitz max recoil into +1 Atk Dragon Claw Ditto

+1 252 Atk Reshiram Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Sun: 379-447 (95.2 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (100% after rocks)

You have until Wednesday to vote.

The voting phase is now over! Here are the votes:
A>D>B>C
C>A>D>B
A>C>D>B
C=D>A>B
D>B>A
D>C>B
D=C>A>B

After entering the votes here, the winner for this first week goes to Skarph! Congrats, your team will be added to the Hall of Fame.

Round 2 - Landorus-T
:bw/landorus-therian:

Landorus-T is a potent and versatile threat that has been seeing good usage in AG recently. Defensive Landorus-T is a useful Stealth Rock setter that is able to check threats like Groudon and Zekrom and soft check Zacian-C, while providing pivoting and Knock Off support. Offensive Landorus-T is a dominant sweeper, being able to improof Ditto with Fly while still checking threats like Groudon and Zekrom. Additionally, it acts as a good entry hazard lead on HO that can pressure Defoggers with Explosion.

You have until Monday to submit a team built around Landorus-T.

:ss/Grimmsnarl::ss/xerneas::ss/landorus-therian::ss/zekrom::ss/zacian-crowned::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Reason- this team is build around landorus grimsnarl helps to setup screens swords dance to boost attack and fly to make it max airstream. I like zekrom as dd sweeper and xerneas as geomancy sweeper. Ndm for rocks and zacian to clean late game.
Landorus has an amazing attack with a life orb it can ohko ndm the most common phsyical wall after one sd.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 421-497 (105.7 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Overall i think this is a decent team.

Last edited:
:ss/Slurpuff: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Calyrex-Shadow: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :ss/Zacian: :ss/Yveltal:

Hello everyone, today I bring to you one of my puff webs teams where Lando-T plays a super important role on the team. Not only does it fulfill the dual suicide lead role along with puff, Lando also provides lots of offensive pressure and defensive utility. While the main goal of the Lando is still to set rocks, which it does really reliably, with Focus Sash Lando forces lots of strange interactions. The most notable being vs Ditto, where the Ditto user either needs to explode, dynamax, or potentially sack another pokemon to deal with the Lando. Any of these scenarios is a massive head start for this team. Sash also allows lando to take 1 hit from Zacian-C and OHKO it back with EQ. If sash can be maintained, Lando can be used as a 1 time switch in and fire off a huge explosion, since steel types don't want to switch in.

The rest of the team is more standard style HO with Caly-S and NDM providing set up sweeping potential, while yveltal helps improof both of them. Banded Zac-H has no true switch ins and turns a lot of scenarios into guessing games. Lando helps Zac-H and Caly-S a ton by pressuring opposing NDM and Sp.Def Yveltal early game with EQ/Boom. Pretty standard webs stuff, once dynamax/Ditto are gone, there is very little in the way of the offensive onslaught by the other 4-5 members.

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/excadrill: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/yveltal: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/calyrex-shadow: :ss/eternatus:
https://pokepast.es/e740a4b52920409d

pretty typical hyper offense built around offensive life orb landorus-t. a lot of people are using lando-t as their rocker and i think that is heavily underrating offensive lando! lando is one of the best dynamaxers and even has a chance to beat ditto if you get favourable odds with fly (just look at rotten vs dockiva for economy finals). i am the biggest proponent of life orb spam, which is no different here. meteor beam etern + taunt yve does a pretty good job of denying defog, so i chucked them on as well. you can do roost > wingbeat if you are paranoid about caly and you don't find yourself dynamaxing yve very much. etern can be made timid if you are having troubles vs jolly marsh (which shouldn't exist but does). everything else is pretty standard. fun team if you don't run into ditto.

replay (my only one)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360183423

:ss/dracozolt: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/excadrill: :ss/quagsire: :ss/dialga: :ss/landorus-therian:
Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Haze

Dialga @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This is a sand team I find to be really fun. It has Tyranitar as the sand setter and rocks setter, also acting as a switch-in to popular Pokemon such as Calyrex-S and Yveltal, and the token Pokemon for this challenge, Landorus-Therian, as a potent Defogger, also spreading Intimidates around to limit the offensive potential of physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM, and Groudon. Dialga acts as a specially defensive switchin to Quagsire's physically defensive switchin. The offensive juggernauts on this team are Excadrill and Dracozolt. Life Orb Excadrill under sand is extremely threatening, yielding a pretty underrated attack stat and utilizing great offensive coverage. Choice Band Dracozolt is also pretty cool under sand, being able to fire off extremely powerful Bolt Beaks to deal extremely potent damage to everything in its path, barring ground types and Eternatus, for which Dragon Claw is used. It also has two cheeky coverage options in Low Kick and Rock Slide, mainly to be used as Dynamax options;: Max Knuckle to increase attack Max Rockfall to reset the sand if it runs out. Overall this team is pretty fun and pretty cool and can be pretty dangerouns if the proper checks aren't ran.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/yveltal::ss/tyranitar::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/landorus-therian::ss/eternatus::ss/calyrex-shadow:
This is a fun kinda gimmicky team, revolving around using alternative Stealth Rockers and Defoggers. Specs Yveltal is a neat lure, adding pivoting and threatening to severely chip potential switch-ins, while also maximizing Oblivion Wing recovery. Heat Wave allows it to turn into a decent offensive Dynamax user too.
TTar is pretty standard, not much to say here, just using rocks to free dusk mane up to do cool stuff.
Defensive DD Dusk Mane works well with ttar which takes over the stealth rock role.
Defog Landorus-T takes over the Defog role from Yveltal to free the latter up to run some cool sets, while also serving as a secondary check to Zacian-C and Zekrom, which is pretty neat.
The last two are pretty standard, but etern should probably be spdef to check ogre but I like pressuring Yveltal a lot.

It's time to vote!
1624917431530.png

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by The gaming attack
:ss/Grimmsnarl::ss/xerneas::ss/landorus-therian::ss/zekrom::ss/zacian-crowned::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Reason- this team is build around landorus grimsnarl helps to setup screens swords dance to boost attack and fly to make it max airstream. I like zekrom as dd sweeper and xerneas as geomancy sweeper. Ndm for rocks and zacian to clean late game.
Landorus has an amazing attack with a life orb it can ohko ndm the most common phsyical wall after one sd.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 421-497 (105.7 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Overall i think this is a decent team.
Team B by Frito135
:ss/Slurpuff: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Calyrex-Shadow: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :ss/Zacian: :ss/Yveltal:

Hello everyone, today I bring to you one of my puff webs teams where Lando-T plays a super important role on the team. Not only does it fulfill the dual suicide lead role along with puff, Lando also provides lots of offensive pressure and defensive utility. While the main goal of the Lando is still to set rocks, which it does really reliably, with Focus Sash Lando forces lots of strange interactions. The most notable being vs Ditto, where the Ditto user either needs to explode, dynamax, or potentially sack another pokemon to deal with the Lando. Any of these scenarios is a massive head start for this team. Sash also allows lando to take 1 hit from Zacian-C and OHKO it back with EQ. If sash can be maintained, Lando can be used as a 1 time switch in and fire off a huge explosion, since steel types don't want to switch in.

The rest of the team is more standard style HO with Caly-S and NDM providing set up sweeping potential, while yveltal helps improof both of them. Banded Zac-H has no true switch ins and turns a lot of scenarios into guessing games. Lando helps Zac-H and Caly-S a ton by pressuring opposing NDM and Sp.Def Yveltal early game with EQ/Boom. Pretty standard webs stuff, once dynamax/Ditto are gone, there is very little in the way of the offensive onslaught by the other 4-5 members.
Team C by lotiasite
:ss/excadrill: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/yveltal: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/calyrex-shadow: :ss/eternatus:
https://pokepast.es/e740a4b52920409d

pretty typical hyper offense built around offensive life orb landorus-t. a lot of people are using lando-t as their rocker and i think that is heavily underrating offensive lando! lando is one of the best dynamaxers and even has a chance to beat ditto if you get favourable odds with fly (just look at rotten vs dockiva for economy finals). i am the biggest proponent of life orb spam, which is no different here. meteor beam etern + taunt yve does a pretty good job of denying defog, so i chucked them on as well. you can do roost > wingbeat if you are paranoid about caly and you don't find yourself dynamaxing yve very much. etern can be made timid if you are having troubles vs jolly marsh (which shouldn't exist but does). everything else is pretty standard. fun team if you don't run into ditto.

replay (my only one)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360183423
Team D by Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
:ss/dracozolt: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/excadrill: :ss/quagsire: :ss/dialga: :ss/landorus-therian:
Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Haze

Dialga @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This is a sand team I find to be really fun. It has Tyranitar as the sand setter and rocks setter, also acting as a switch-in to popular Pokemon such as Calyrex-S and Yveltal, and the token Pokemon for this challenge, Landorus-Therian, as a potent Defogger, also spreading Intimidates around to limit the offensive potential of physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM, and Groudon. Dialga acts as a specially defensive switchin to Quagsire's physically defensive switchin. The offensive juggernauts on this team are Excadrill and Dracozolt. Life Orb Excadrill under sand is extremely threatening, yielding a pretty underrated attack stat and utilizing great offensive coverage. Choice Band Dracozolt is also pretty cool under sand, being able to fire off extremely powerful Bolt Beaks to deal extremely potent damage to everything in its path, barring ground types and Eternatus, for which Dragon Claw is used. It also has two cheeky coverage options in Low Kick and Rock Slide, mainly to be used as Dynamax options;: Max Knuckle to increase attack Max Rockfall to reset the sand if it runs out. Overall this team is pretty fun and pretty cool and can be pretty dangerouns if the proper checks aren't ran.
Team E by Geysers
:ss/yveltal::ss/tyranitar::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/landorus-therian::ss/eternatus::ss/calyrex-shadow:
This is a fun kinda gimmicky team, revolving around using alternative Stealth Rockers and Defoggers. Specs Yveltal is a neat lure, adding pivoting and threatening to severely chip potential switch-ins, while also maximizing Oblivion Wing recovery. Heat Wave allows it to turn into a decent offensive Dynamax user too.
TTar is pretty standard, not much to say here, just using rocks to free dusk mane up to do cool stuff.
Defensive DD Dusk Mane works well with ttar which takes over the stealth rock role.
Defog Landorus-T takes over the Defog role from Yveltal to free the latter up to run some cool sets, while also serving as a secondary check to Zacian-C and Zekrom, which is pretty neat.
The last two are pretty standard, but etern should probably be spdef to check ogre but I like pressuring Yveltal a lot.

You have until Wednesday to vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)