Data Usage-Based Tier Update for April 2021 (May @ #70) (June @ #113)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weavile could move from UUBL to OU
Scizor could move from UU to OU
Regieleki could move from OU to UU
Nidoking could move from OU to UU
Slowbro-Galar could move from RUBL to UU
Thundurus could move from RUBL to UU
Rhyperior could move from RU to UU
Zarude could move from RU to UU
Flygon could move from NU to RU
Guzzlord could move from PU to NU
Heliolisk could move from PU to NU
Toxicroak could move from PU to NU
Xatu could move from PU to NU
Arctozolt could move from NU to PU
Articuno-Galar could move from NU to PU
Exeggutor-Alola could move from ZUBL to PU
Magmortar could move from ZUBL to PU
Froslass could move from ZU to PU
Garbodor could move from ZU to PU
This could be good actually.
Silvally-Ghost could move from ZU to PU
Pelipper could move from OU to UU
Quagsire could move from UU to PU
Zygarde-10% could move from RUBL to UU
Politoed could move from ZU to RU
This is where things get a little unnecessary.
Mew could move from UU to OU
Sandslash could move from ZU to PU
Arctovish could move from PU to ZU
Sandslash-Alola could move from PU to ZU
51356F09-FA96-40EE-8BCF-8F87F4F6F176.jpeg

barreskewda is far better off on non rain teams so that your not using a bad and or inconsistent team ._.
hail is better than rain in RU yet no hail setter or abuser is tierd RU. ladder is unforgiving.
sorry if this sounded rude did not mean it that way.
I knew it but this in the only posible reason of politoed outside of zu

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
some tier trend graphics once again
View attachment 345835
thwackey rising up to top tier status in zu, keeping the family dominant?
0D48733D-381B-4121-B1CF-60667F65E538.jpeg

edit: also i’m a little surprised that bisharp is that high in ou. i know it’s popular, and that it’s really strong with a defiant/sd boost, but is it not a bit prediction reliant due to its frailty and slow speed?

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
i used to have your opinion, but you really gotta understand that usage doesn’t equal viability. it’s better to have a pokémon swiftly get banned than to see it rot in a higher tier, because now we actually understand its capabilities in a lower tier. you constantly saw pokémon like donphan and ambipom be completely trash for an entire generation because it couldn’t get under 3.41% usage.

also, it’s not like raising the cutoff has increased the amount of bans. as i’ve said before, remember when gen 7 uu had like 24 banned pokémon? not even nu’s banlist in january could rival that
tbf theres a case to be made that this is still too high a cutoff bc stuff like this still happens- Regieleki says hi

edit: also i’m a little surprised that bisharp is that high in ou. i know it’s popular, and that it’s really strong with a defiant/sd boost, but is it not a bit prediction reliant due to its frailty and slow speed?
A lot of teams are relying on Bisharp to check Dragapult nowadays

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
A lot of teams are relying on Bisharp to check Dragapult nowadays
also i’m a little surprised that bisharp is that high in ou. i know it’s popular, and that it’s really strong with a defiant/sd boost, but is it not a bit prediction reliant due to its frailty and slow speed?
Bisharp is one of the hardest Pokemon to switch into in the tier, not only serving as a fantastic wallbreaker with STAB Knock Off (which is further reinforced by Future Sight) but also a solid revenge killer, offense component with Defiant/its typing, and in some cases a late-game cleaner with access to STAB Sucker Punch. It's not really prediction-reliant since its STABs are easy to exploit for damage and progress against balances and/or Pokemon like Slowking and Choice-locked Dragapult. Most Sucker Punch targets are offensively inclined regardless, in some cases utilizing only damaging attacks (mainly in the case of choiced Pokemon like Dragapult).

Pulsar's point holds some value on offenses, but Bisharp's bulk more or less means it needs to be safely pivoted in against Dragapult to consistently offset the use of its STABs, as its lack of longevity and finicky bulk can only let it really hard switch into them once or twice. It wants nothing to do with its Flamethrower or the easy U-turn either if the Dragapult user predicts the switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)