Data Usage-Based Tier Update for December 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask how galar slowking got to ou?
I saw some sets with assault vest that can tank a lot of special hits and fire back, also, Regenerator provides it with recovery that it would normally miss when it has an assault vest.
To show how extreme Slowking-Galar's SpDef after Assault Vest is:

252 SpA Choice Specs Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 260-308 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 139-165 (35.2 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 229-273 (58.1 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Comparing Slowking-Galar with Blissey by using a neutral attack:
252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar in Electric Terrain: 342-403 (86.8 - 102.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 429-505 (60 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar in Electric Terrain: 250-295 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With max SpDef investment and a SpDef boosting nature, this thing is basically Blissey but it can hit back with 110 SpAtk and recover 33% of its HP when switching out.

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
Are we seriously gonna ignore te fact that Inteleon's prbly gonna drop next month ? This thing has 125 SpA, 120 Spe + Focus Energy with Sniper, and it's prbly gonna be PU ? Also, with how Carey tier shifts are currently, it may not even be viable there with the other big mons dropping like in the past two month, so there' a probability for it to BE ZU ! Remember when this thing was banned from RU ?

I understand the panic of the drops. So, I suggest you guys take it to your tier's council members. So mons will be banned before they drop further.

It might even have been a good idea to just move every tier down one step back when the wave went from UU -> RU. It would still have a lot of shifts, but both ways, and most of it pretty quickly.

As far as I can tell, the point of a higher tier cutoff is that once all this stuff flushes through the system, there will be more stability on the whole because it will be harder for Pokemon to rise due to some passing trend in the tier above them. There's obviously a lot of instability right now, but that's because an entire game's worth of new Pokemon went into the meta, and it's just going to take some time for that all to flush out. It's not going to be like this forever.

Also, I strongly suspect Inteleon is going to stick in NU in some form or fashion. Flygon, however...

Come on now guys, lets not ban whole tiers worth of mons from tiers just because we don't wanna have change. I hate seeing so many mons languish in BL's. Tier shifts are natural, and as more mons are updated and added, tier staples fall, and others will rise. Examples of what happens when you do that:

gen 7 UU:
24 Bans
54 mons
Banlist is 44% the size of the tier.

Gen 7 RU:
20 bans
57 mons
Banlist is 35% the size of the tier.

Gen 7 has 64 direct Bans, and these mons are also banned from OU even though there usage would cause them to drop to ou in gen 7(I am dumbfounded at some of these, Mewtwo not making the cut?). That makes 77 total mons that remain at staggeringly low usages. Meaning we are missing about 1.5-2 tiers worth of mons from metagames as a whole just because of bans.

Ubers mons from Gen 7 with less than 3.41% usage(that are banned from OU):
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
Kyurem-White
Pheromosa
Lunala
Blaziken
Genesect
Palkia
Zekrom
Mewtwo
Giratina
Landorus
Solgaleo
Reshiram

well at least we can hope that kommo-o gets banned because it nearly got banned before it came to ou last gen, so I would expect kommo-o to maybe get sent to uubl/ou when all is said and done. (Probably ou.) (Sorry I made a typo lol)

Last edited:
While I mentioned speaking with your tier council in regards to banning broken mons, I would also suggest encouraging top players in higher tiers to give the mons some love. But that would get the side effect of some other mons dropping.

Come on now guys, lets not ban whole tiers worth of mons from tiers just because we don't wanna have change. I hate seeing so many mons languish in BL's. Tier shifts are natural, and as more mons are updated and added, tier staples fall, and others will rise. Examples of what happens when you do that:

gen 7 UU:
24 Bans
54 mons
Banlist is 44% the size of the tier.

Gen 7 RU:
20 bans
57 mons
Banlist is 35% the size of the tier.

Gen 7 has 64 direct Bans, and these mons are also banned from OU even though there usage would cause them to drop to ou in gen 7(I am dumbfounded at some of these, Mewtwo not making the cut?). That makes 77 total mons that remain at staggeringly low usages. Meaning we are missing about 1.5-2 tiers worth of mons from metagames as a whole just because of bans.

Ubers mons from Gen 7 with less than 3.41% usage(that are banned from OU):
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
Kyurem-White
Pheromosa
Lunala
Blaziken
Genesect
Palkia
Zekrom
Mewtwo
Giratina
Landorus
Solgaleo
Reshiram
While I agree with you, I don't get the final thought process

With Z moves on, Pheromosa, Blaziken, Genesect, Lando-I...Were too much for the tier, and it was tested and excepting Blaziken (F for the guy) two of them at least is still too much, that's why they got banned this gen too.

I do also agree that some Ubers right now should be unbanned (Deoxys-D if it comes back is my main target to this), but all the others seem...Too much. Excepting Reshiram of course who would tbh even be okay in gen 7 OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)