Level: 100
Pokeball: Regular Pokeball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): None
Nature: Hardy
Region of origin: Hoenn region
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):
legit does not equal legal, unless you know where it was obtained from and have proof of that to 100% percent know, and to check if it actually coudvle been an event check serebiis event dex

Hi, I just got a Mew with lots of ribbons via Wonder Trade in Ultra Sun which I always assume to be hacked, but turns out the event for that Mew does exist. I think it's 99% hacked but I figure I'd ask just in case. Thank you in advance!

Language: ENG
Species: Mew
OT: Aura
ID No.: 20078
IVs: all hyper-trained, I can't find any way to check the original IVs
EVs (optional):
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Mew
Pokeball: Pokeball
Shiny?: no
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): none
Moves: Ice Beam, Will-O-Wisp, Soft-Boiled, Defog
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Hoenn (a fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from Hoenn)
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ribbons: 23 ribbons (Alola Champion, Battle Tree Great, Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Sinnoh Champion, Champion, Contest Memory 40, Legendary, Best Friend, Effort, Footprint, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal, Gorgeous Royal, Artist, Earth)
Other comments (optional): received from Wonder Trade

Another one:

Language: GER
Species: Ducklett
OT: Intu
ID No.: 022797
IVs: all 31 except Atk
EVs (optional):
Ability: Hydration
Pokemon's name: Piccolente
Level: 30
Pokeball: Love ball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): cross
Moves: Feather Dance, Aqua Ring, Air Slash, Roost
Region of origin: hatched in Poke Pelago, from nursery helpers
Characteristic: Alert to sound
Ribbons: none

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I just got a Mew with lots of ribbons via Wonder Trade in Ultra Sun which I always assume to be hacked, but turns out the event for that Mew does exist. I think it's 99% hacked but I figure I'd ask just in case. Thank you in advance!

OT: Aura
ID No.: 20078
IVs: all hyper-trained, I can't find any way to check the original IVs
EVs (optional):
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): none
Moves: Ice Beam, Will-O-Wisp, Soft-Boiled, Defog
Region of origin: Hoenn (a fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from Hoenn)
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ribbons: 23 ribbons (Alola Champion, Battle Tree Great, Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Sinnoh Champion, Champion, Contest Memory 40, Legendary, Best Friend, Effort, Footprint, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal, Gorgeous Royal, Artist, Earth)

Another one:

Language: GER
Species: Ducklett
OT: Intu
ID No.: 022797
IVs: all 31 except Atk
EVs (optional):
Ability: Hydration
Pokemon's name: Piccolente
Level: 30
Pokeball: Love ball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): cross
Moves: Feather Dance, Aqua Ring, Air Slash, Roost
Region of origin: hatched in Poke Pelago, from nursery helpers
Characteristic: Alert to sound
I can say with 1000% certainty that the Mew is hacked.
The Ducklett is also most likely hacked, though there's a slim chance it could be fine. Don't go trading it here, though.

In general - don't trust anything (especially if it's mythical, or shiny (and IVs like that are an even bigger red flag)) from Wonder Trade or the GTS, period. It won't break your game or anything to hang on to it, but it's disallowed from being traded in pretty much every community out there (including ours).
Is this Mew legit please?

OT: NYC
ID No.: 01234
IVs: No best.
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): None
Nature: Hardy
Region of origin: Hoenn region
This is hacked, too.

I can say with 1000% certainty that the Mew is hacked.
The Ducklett is also most likely hacked, though there's a slim chance it could be fine. Don't go trading it here, though.

In general - don't trust anything (especially if it's mythical, or shiny (and IVs like that are an even bigger red flag)) from Wonder Trade or the GTS, period. It won't break your game or anything to hang on to it, but it's disallowed from being traded in pretty much every community out there (including ours).
Thank you for your response! For the Ducklett though, is it suspicious because it's shiny? Or from the Love ball? I breed Pokemon myself and when I've got the Pokemon I want I often trade the rest of my 5IVs in Wonder Trade. If it's legendary/mythical (esp. when shiny) I know it's most likely hacked but I have a hard time detecting non-legendary ones...

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for your response! For the Ducklett though, is it suspicious because it's shiny? Or from the Love ball? I breed Pokemon myself and when I've got the Pokemon I want I often trade the rest of my 5IVs in Wonder Trade. If it's legendary/mythical (esp. when shiny) I know it's most likely hacked but I have a hard time detecting non-legendary ones...
If it's shiny, then you should treat it with suspicion, but if it's shiny plus five perfect IVs, then it's highly likely to be a hack. Most people would not give away a legit flawless shiny over Wonder Trade. It's possible someone RNG'd that Ducklett and decided to clone a bunch to send out via WT, but the number of people who have that knowledge is far fewer than the number of people who know how to get hacks.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you value legitimacy in your Pokémon, I wouldn't go looking in the GTS or WT, I'd find a trading community such as here or elsewhere that values legitimacy.

Thanks for your replies! What's your opinion on this one please?

Language: JPN
OT: ゲーフリ
ID No.: 22796
IVs: All best except speed, which is decent.
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: ミュウ
Level: 5
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Virtual Console Symbol
Moves: Pound
Region of origin: Kanto
Characteristic: It's capable of taking hits!

Thanks for your replies! What's your opinion on this one please?

Language: JPN
OT: ゲーフリ
IVs: All best except speed, which is decent.
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: ミュウ
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Virtual Console Symbol
Moves: Pound
Characteristic: It's capable of taking hits!
The information matches a VC event in the japanese version where a level 5 mew could be obtained. Everything listed here lines up, so this would classify as legal.

The only concern would be where exactly you got this mew.

Thank you all for your responses! One more question: is there any way to check whether a pokemon was breed from hacked parents? They can still have bad IVs, right?

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you all for your responses! One more question: is there any way to check whether a pokemon was breed from hacked parents? They can still have bad IVs, right?
If the hacked parents were legal (i.e. they have traits that were obtainable through normal gameplay), their offspring will be indiscernible from Pokémon bred from legit parents. The only way to tell would be if the offspring had an illegal trait like a Charmander from Gen 6 bred in a Safari Ball. In this case it's important to know the difference between legal and legitimate.

What could you tell about this one please?

OT: GF
IVs: All best except HP, which is Very good
EVs (optional):
Ability: Synchromize
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): VC Symbol
Moves: Psychic, Tri Attack, Soft-Boiled, Transform
Characteristic: It likes to thrash about!

What's the etiquette for something caught in a raid that was likely RNG or possibly hacked?

Just jumped into a raid for a HA Ditto, it came up shiny. After catching it, it's Timid nature with perfect IVs (0 attack). I think it's possible to RNG raids, but since I have no way of knowing if it was some kind of hack is it best to just let it live in storage?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's the etiquette for something caught in a raid that was likely RNG or possibly hacked?

Just jumped into a raid for a HA Ditto, it came up shiny. After catching it, it's Timid nature with perfect IVs (0 attack). I think it's possible to RNG raids, but since I have no way of knowing if it was some kind of hack is it best to just let it live in storage?
As a rule of thumb, if you want to ensure that a Pokémon from a raid is 100% legit, it is advisable to stick to raids that are being hosted by people you know and/or by members of trusted communities. Telling apart hacked raids from RNG abused ones can indeed be tricky, hence why the advice above will be your safest play to stay out of trouble. You may keep it if you want, but I would advise against trading these Pokémon that are "too good to be true" that you got from sources you don't know. In my opinion, it's not worth risking it.

that mew is so bad that it is not even worth doing analysis on

I don't know what you want us to do analysis on? Is it hacked? You can't really tell from the naked eyes.

That mew is legal (Hoenn, Shiny, Japanese, No Cross/Pentagon so from Gen 3). And again, it doesn't mean anything lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)