Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So, a few things. I made a mistake on my previous post, ignore what I said about the amount of eggs, I didn't type everything you wrote out correctly.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I've concluded you should use the previous version of 3DS RNG Tool, 1.0.3. After replicating your information, it won't crash. But on the latest, it does.

https://github.com/wwwwwwzx/3DSRNGTool/releases

Scroll to 1.0.3 and try doing it again.

Edit: Pretty sure I typed everything out identically this time. The result should be 142 accept, 3 rejects.

EggRNG.png

Last edited:
So, a few things. I made a mistake on my previous post, ignore what I said about the amount of eggs, I didn't type everything you wrote out correctly.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I've concluded you should use the previous version of 3DS RNG Tool, 1.0.3. After replicating your information, it won't crash. But on the latest, it does.

https://github.com/wwwwwwzx/3DSRNGTool/releases

Scroll to 1.0.3 and try doing it again.

Edit: Pretty sure I typed everything out identically this time. The result should be 142 accept, 3 rejects.

View attachment 233303

Thanks a lot for the help! After some research I was guessing the program version was faulty. I have downloaded the 1.0.3. now, but I have to do some errands in the house, so I will try again later today. :)

HI,

In hg ss I'm trying to rng manipulate, but in the rng reporter when I'm trying to verify my seed by entering in the calls to Juggler Irwin, it keeps saying possible results: 0. Why is this not working?

Thank you.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
There are a number of things that could cause this, so here are a few solutions you can try:
  • Widen your search parameters. If you search range is too small and you're way off in your delay/seconds, it won't find anything
  • Use a different combo of only (and all) roamers to search, no roamers to search (i.e. just calls), and make sure you entered everything correctly. As far as roamers go, it's important to enter in the correct route locations before you try to hit your seed. Sometimes it struggles with roamers though.
  • Try a different seed. Sometimes it's just very unhappy and trying a different seed may help.
Welcome to Smogon btw!

Sorry dude, I don't think I can help since I haven't done egg RNG in gen 4 since 2010...I don't remember a thing about it.

If I had to guess, it might have to do with the hardware/your system you're using. Anything after the DS Lite and the load up times/delays get affected but I'm not familiar by how much since I only RNG'd on my DS Lite.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Is there anyone you can direct me to?

Mod edit : Seriously, please do not double post. If you forgot to add something, please edit your previous post.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Sure

Or maybe this one would be more helpful

View attachment 237221
View attachment 237221

Mod edit : Please do not double post. If you forgot to add something, please edit your previous post.
Don't fill in the roamers in the optional section of the "search call responses"; seems like it's bugged. I recommend using calls, but using just the roamers to search I got a (possible) match at 22 seconds and 1159 delay (tho I wouldn't immediately assume this is what you got).

I think I managed to get it working. I
Don't fill in the roamers in the optional section of the "search call responses"; seems like it's bugged. I recommend using calls, but using just the roamers to search I got a (possible) match at 22 seconds and 1159 delay (tho I wouldn't immediately assume this is what you got).
Thanks! I think I figured out the problem! When I started filling in the roamers’ routes each time and saving, it seems to work.

I now found a different problem with the 3ds rng tool. I'm using it to look through a whole bunch of eggs in Pokémon Sun, and all of a sudden, it lists every egg past 590 to be the exact same Pokémon. It also says the frame advances from each egg received after that one are 0. Why could this be?

Thank you.

1587086467722.png

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I now found a different problem with the 3ds rng tool. I'm using it to look through a whole bunch of eggs in Pokémon Sun, and all of a sudden, it lists every egg past 590 to be the exact same Pokémon. It also says the frame advances from each egg received after that one are 0. Why could this be?

Thank you.

View attachment 237794
Appears to be a bug in the latest version (which has given others crashing issues). I've seen others recommend downgrading to v1.0.3, and this problem doesn't seem to be there. If this causes you issues, you may want to consider downgrading as well.

Thank you! Sorry for all the questions, but I'm also confused in RNG reporter about frames. Why is the frame in the time finder different from the frame in the main window? Which one do I need to use to get my desired Pokémon?

Thank you! Sorry for all the questions, but I'm also confused in RNG reporter about frames. Why is the frame in the time finder different from the frame in the main window? Which one do I need to use to get my desired Pokémon?
Mind posting another picture? If you’re referring to your last photo of RNG reporter, your main window is blank, and you have the timefinder and seed-to-time tabs open.

Can you also tell us what you’re trying to abuse? (stationary, roamer, egg) and what frame your target is on?

I'm trying stationary abuse. I'm not sure what frame I'm supposed to be using. That was sort of my question.
1587152565268.png

Also, the 3ds RNG tool now has incorrect eggs after the blue frame which was the one that was repeating before. I'm not sure why.

1587152671019.png

Thank you!

I'm trying stationary abuse. I'm not sure what frame I'm supposed to be using. That was sort of my question. View attachment 237914

Also, the 3ds RNG tool now has incorrect eggs after the blue frame which was the one that was repeating before. I'm not sure why.

View attachment 237915

Thank you!
Any of those frames on the main window of RNG reporter are fine, since they’re all shiny and have the IVs you’re going for. You just need to figure out what your starting frame is after hitting your delay then calibrate and advance frames as normal until you land on one of those shiny frames.

I’ll take a closer look at the 3DS tool when I can, on mobile atm.

Edit: your starting frame will be something like 4 or 6, when you start your game after hitting your delay. Also keep in mind there’s NPCs in certain areas that involuntarily advance your frames when you don’t want it to.

Last edited:
Any of those frames on RNG reporter are fine, since they’re all shiny and have the IVs you’re going for. You just need to figure out what your starting frame is after hitting your delay then calibrate and advance frames as normal until you land on one of those shiny frames.

I’ll take a closer look at the 3DS tool when I can, on mobile atm.

Edit: your starting frame will be something like 4 or 6, when you start your game after hitting your delay. Also keep in mind there’s NPCs in certain areas that involuntarily advance your frames when you don’t want it to.
My question was is it the frames in the time finder, or the main window that I want to use? And what does each of them mean?

My question was is it the frames in the time finder, or the main window that I want to use? And what does each of them mean?
Sorry yeah I just realized, edited my post but it’s the main window.

Each of those frames indicate that it will be shiny (based on you choosing shiny only)

The TimeFinder tab tells you a list of seeds that match the criteria of the PID (ivs, gender, shiny) you’re looking for. You take one of those seeds in timefinder and input it into the main window and it’ll show you the list of consecutive frames and IVs for each frame.

The frames you want to hit are the ones highlighted as shiny, which you checked off. Your starting frame, after you hit your seed, is typically something low like 4 or 6, so typically it’s safer to choose a shiny frame like 30+

Hope that clears some of your questions.

Edit: Back on my computer, can you expand on the 3DS RNG tool part? Like what frame/egg are you aiming for, and what result are you actually getting? Are they showing up at all, based on your photo? Were your previous eggs/results accurate prior to highlighted egg?

Last edited:
I'm just trying to find a shiny so I can figure out my TSV without using third-party software. It's been accurate up until egg 590. I've been verifying it by looking at the natures.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I'm just trying to find a shiny so I can figure out my TSV without using third-party software. It's been accurate up until egg 590. I've been verifying it by looking at the natures.
There seems to be an issue with how the square shinies are implemented (PSV of 0), causing the display/prediction of subsequent frames to be messed up. In the upper right corner of the tool, try changing your TSV to something different (i.e. 7) and regenerate the results. See if this allows the frames to be matched up again. You'll likely need to change your TSV and redo this anytime you come across a frame with a PSV of 0 (they're highlighted in light blue in the results).

I think I already know the answer, but hopefully someone can help me out :psycry:

I am RNGing eggs on Gen 7 and I can't find my frame (seed?) anymore.
Last night I succesfully RNGd a shiny from an egg. I took the parents out of the Daycare after I generated the shiny egg to make sure no extra egg will be made. I saved the game and updated my frame/seed in the RNGreporter and saved that as well.
Today I made a new parent for my next project. I think I did everything right with accept/reject (but probably not) and saved the game. I also updated and saved my process in the RNgreporter.
After that I wanted to make another parent and I noticed something went wrong. I SR the game to the point I made the first parent after the shiny egg, but again the eggs I made were not the ones that the RNGreporter showed me...

I tried to find my frame in the RNGreporter by making 8 eggs. I checked the frames from the savestates in the RNGreporter from both after the shiny egg and from the parents after the shiny egg. Sadly, I couldn't find any same pattern... And closed the game without saving. Is there a way to check which frame I am in the RNGreporter (without the 127 Magikarp method)? I am not using CFW.

Seems like you may have miscounted, so when you updated your seed now you don't know where you are. Have you tried the method here? If that doesn't work for you too, you can post the seed/nature pattern info and we can take a look.
I tried this twice now with different Pokés, but no luck finding my seed.:psyduck: The RNG reporter does show me seeds, but the IVs are not the same as my egg.

How many eggs should I hatch to see the seed/nature pattern?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I tried this twice now with different Pokés, but no luck finding my seed.:psyduck: The RNG reporter does show me seeds, but the IVs are not the same as my egg.

How many eggs should I hatch to see the seed/nature pattern?
You should be able to establish a pattern after only a few, but obviously the more you use the more certain you'll be. If you wouldn't mind posting your seed info and the info of the mons you're using to verify your seed, I'll take a look. Ideally I'd be able to recreate your scenario on my end, so anything and everything you think would be good to have.

You should be able to establish a pattern after only a few, but obviously the more you use the more certain you'll be. If you wouldn't mind posting your seed info and the info of the mons you're using to verify your seed, I'll take a look. Ideally I'd be able to recreate your scenario on my end, so anything and everything you think would be good to have.
I am using Sandshrew atm (female has my OT, male has OT of another random player. Non masuda method)
Male is in Dream ball and female in Poke ball.
No HA, so ability can be either 1 or 2, but I dont think it matter much?
The seed you see here is from the Shiny egg and not from the parent (the mistake) I made after the shiny egg.

Pattern of nature I hatched now: calm, jolly, lonely, hasty, adamant, naive, jolly (Let me know if I should hatch more).

seedfcheck.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)