SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Curious when there will be a full Galar Dex leak. Also, I'm going with Grookey since I'm a drummer myself. But I think the fire and water starters have a chance of getting Speed Boost and Protean respectively as their HA down the line.

I'll probably go sobble. Wish Intelleon gets protean tbh
Tho, these new gen 8 designs seem really different from what we have seen 'till now. Idk what it is, but they look "distinct"

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Curious when there will be a full Galar Dex leak. Also, I'm going with Grookey since I'm a drummer myself. But I think the fire and water starters have a chance of getting Speed Boost and Protean respectively as their HA down the line.
While Protean is a very nice ability Intelleon would just end up becoming gen 8's knockoff Greninja if that were the case, unless it gets some very unique moves.

The Gen 8 final evos' designs seem to follow the same idea of Gen 6 and 7's starters, where they're based on an animal + a specific job/class

And the starters from the last two gens were like that so that they could make good use of the games' 3D graphics. Greninja was directly based on a ninja so that its 3D model could use ninja-like animations, Incineroar has a lot of wrestling poses, and so on.

Gen 8's starters follow a pretty simmilar formula, so it's safe to assume they'll look a lot better in motion, where they'll be able to show more personality through their animations.

While Protean is a very nice ability Intelleon would just end up becoming gen 8's knockoff Greninja if that were the case, unless it gets some very unique moves.
Similarly, Speed Boost would likely draw comparisons with Blaziken.

tbh i see grookey 3rd Evo getting
Similarly, Speed Boost would likely draw comparisons with Blaziken.
Tbh i see Cinderace getting Mold Breaker/Steadfast , Intelleon getting Protean or Infiltrator and Rillaboom getting something like Hustle or Vital Spirit. This doesnt mean that they could be all good competitively tho

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Relevant thread:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/40663134/
(https://archive.is/hU8jh)

I feel like this is just an ad, no other proof is given and people will be thirsty for any news. Maybe if they showed a box or something, but it doesn't seem very convincing to me.
I've looked through this post and I think it's honestly fake. The killing blow is OP claiming that this has been going on for two weeks.

Two weeks. Haha, no.

1. This would've been shut down by then.

2. He saw other people coming out of the store with the game... ...How has this not been revealed to the public by now if it's been going on for two fucking weeks??!

False alarm boys. Shit bait OP.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I've looked through this post and I think it's honestly fake. The killing blow is OP claiming that this has been going on for two weeks.

Two weeks. Haha, no.

1. This would've been shut down by then.

2. He saw other people coming out of the store with the game... ...How has this not been revealed to the public by now if it's been going on for two fucking weeks??!

False alarm boys. Shit bait OP.
To be fair, two weeks is an overexaggeration as they had it with a release date for the 25th of October which is far from two weeks ago.

tbh i see grookey 3rd Evo getting

Tbh i see Cinderace getting Mold Breaker/Steadfast , Intelleon getting Protean or Infiltrator and Rillaboom getting something like Hustle or Vital Spirit. This doesnt mean that they could be all good competitively tho
They could also just get new unique abilities. All Gen 6 starters' hidden abilities were exclusive to them at first (except for Protean IIRC?), and Gen 7's are still exclusive to this day

Incineroar is a very weird exception to that, but I still bet that Gen 8's are still getting their own abilities

They could also just get new unique abilities. All Gen 6 starters' hidden abilities were exclusive to them at first (except for Protean IIRC?), and Gen 7's are still exclusive to this day

Incineroar is a very weird exception to that, but I still bet that Gen 8's are still getting their own abilities
Then they must be god-like new abilities to compensate their designs

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
That starter final evo thing from the book is somewhat suspect. Rillaboom has a different pose but still looks 3D, intelleon is a straight copy of the model leak, while the rabbit looks so much like an illustration.

points towards rillaboom being real at least

A pure Electric Sea Urchin...interesting. Weird that it's not got a Poison secondary typing, and a bit disappointing TBH.

Maybe it gets Poison Heal as a Hidden Ability. That'd be cool and thematically at least semi-appropriate.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
That starter final evo thing from the book is somewhat suspect. Rillaboom has a different pose but still looks 3D, intelleon is a straight copy of the model leak, while the rabbit looks so much like an illustration.

The problem is that if Cinderace is fake, that throws the entire leak into question and possibly debunks it all. Gigantamax forms, new mons, all that could be fake.

Anyways, Pincurchin is interesting. Could it be the explicitly defensive Electric Pokemon a lot of people have wanted for a while now?

What the hell is up with all the MONOTYPES?? First eldegoss disappoints me, then sirfetchd, then ponyta, then the starters, then this absolutely adorable sea urchin

I swear if they keep up the monotypes rather than do rare typings im gonna keep playing gen 7 metagames instead

The problem is that if Cinderace is fake, that throws the entire leak into question and possibly debunks it all. Gigantamax forms, new mons, all that could be fake.

Anyways, Pincurchin is interesting. Could it be the explicitly defensive Electric Pokemon a lot of people have wanted for a while now?
Damn actually that got me excited for the this spiky fellow, id love if it was somehow different and actually is defensive electric threat we wanted for a while

Intelleon is definitely not a copy of the model leak, the model leak has a more sideways pose, while this one is more frontwise

I agree on Scorbunny 3 looking like a 2D artwork tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)