SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

Going through the Master trainer list, I have to say I have to credit some of them.

They actually look like challenging if you don't outlevel them by far and do not expect them coming.

I don't know if this is the proper place to talk about this, but I really can't see LGPE meta developing well. With all Pokémon having their stats at 400/500+ making even the shittier of mons insanely bulky, the absence of Entry Hazards bar Stealth Rock and the absence of certain stat-up moves like Dragon Dance, even in a non-rest metagame, this will be a nightmare. Dealing with Chansey is a pain in its own right. I can see it working if we somehow limit the candies a Pokémon can consume for competitive purposes. I don't know, maybe if you are allowed to only use the 200 candies in 1 Stat per 'mon. There's also the fact that this time we have a reduced pool of 150 mons to work with, which means our options are limited.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The master trainer data list is utterly confusing.

Some of the Pokemon seem like they will be genuinely scary to fight (Pidgey/Abra/Haunter/Slowbro etc) but then there are others which are not scary at all which should be like Kangaskhan or Graveler. Honestly a lot of these movepools don't make a lot of sense. Probably only 10-15 "difficult" trainers of the whole bunch, and if Candy boosts are in effect they are all trivial regardless.

Infact, the Abra line is the most bizarre... Abra is the scary one, Kadabra is Physical (what even) and Alakazam's only attacking move is Tri Attack!

Looking through some of the other Data, I'm sad to see Kanto has gone to the "Kalos School of Pokemon Training" where each person has 1/2 Pokemon mostly. A small number have 3, and outside of principle trainers, I believe there is less than a handful with 4 or more and one of those is the Magikarp Man! It is interesting that they have updated a number of Gym Leader Rosters though and even made tweaks to the Elite 4 to remove a lot of the duplicate Pokemon that were there before. I think only one or two big trainers have Duplicates which is massive honestly. Its a good way to show Pokemon off.

Unfortunately this Data does not seem like it will be enough to make me actually buy the game First Hand. I don't really want to support GameFreak making games like these. The normal Pokemon games are not difficult, and mechanics are not hard to understand. I can totally understand where they are coming from by trying to get the masses into the game through GO, but for long time fans, this game will be a wet blanket. Hopefully Gen 8 will bring some of the improvements from PLG across, but let's leave a whole bunch of stuff behind thanks!

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So gift Pokémon are unique? I didn't see Bulbasaur Charmander Squirtle Hitmons Porygon nor Fossils in the list.
Especially if you have to pick between Lee/Chan and Omanyte/Kabuto... With no breeding for trades.
Also imagine evolving Bulbasaur before beating the master trainer, rip

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Starters appear rarely on the overworld. For example, Charmander appears in Rock Tunnel despite not being in the encounter list. I assume the same applies to the others, but I could be wrong.

So gift Pokémon are unique? I didn't see Bulbasaur Charmander Squirtle Hitmons Porygon nor Fossils in the list.
Especially if you have to pick between Lee/Chan and Omanyte/Kabuto... With no breeding for trades.
Also imagine evolving Bulbasaur before beating the master trainer, rip
Starters appear rarely on the overworld. For example, Charmander appears in Rock Tunnel despite not being in the encounter list. I assume the same applies to the others, but I could be wrong.
It was shown in the hand-on gameplay last month that wild Bulbasaur are rare but appear in Viridian Forest.

A realistic assumpion is that all Pokemon aside the legendaryes and Alolan Forms are available in the wild somewhere.

I really don't like the wild Pokémon distribution. One glaring offender is Exeggcute/Exeggutor who are only found on Route 23, which is basically Victory Road. No breeding means I can't cheat by starting with a traded egg. How am I supposed to do a Dragon Monotype challenge, then?

I really don't like the wild Pokémon distribution. One glaring offender is Exeggcute/Exeggutor who are only found on Route 23, which is basically Victory Road. No breeding means I can't cheat by starting with a traded egg. How am I supposed to do a Dragon Monotype challenge, then?
I am quite confident in the fact nobody in game design cares of your user made challenges I'm afraid ;)

You could consider sending a A-exegutor from Go, otherwise.

You are not supossed to be able to perform any Monotype Challenge in LGPE, in fact, you are not supossed to play this like it's a Pokémon game. Just think about it as another franchise wearing a Kanto disguise. They have never worried about any kind of self-imposed mode and that's talking about the core series, so just try to imagine how much they care about it in Let's Go.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
If this isn't proof enough this game will be garbage, I don't know what is. +200 to all stats? Critical moves missing? Stealth Rocks and no hazard removal?

I don't think I've ever seen a leak/datamine for anything ever that has actually killed the hype, but here we are. I am currently going to spend the next 4 days until release praying the game bombs or at least does poorly relative to other entries in the franchise. I'm sorry, but after the decades that have been spent building and improving battles and learnsets, this is unacceptable. I feel bad for my boi Melmetal, this is seriously going to be his introduction to the world of competitive Pokemon?

If this isn't proof enough this game will be garbage, I don't know what is. +200 to all stats? Critical moves missing? Stealth Rocks and no hazard removal?
Or you know, the millionth proof that PLGO was never designed with a competitive aspect in mind.

I am amazed so many people expected a "PLGO meta!" when the game itself doesn't even have a battle spot and the only PvP you can do is with friends.

Like, you literally hyped on a feature that was never announced nor meant for the game.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
A "potential" Let's Go Metagame is sadder than my love life. Yet I should not complain a lot since this is a spinoff, yet proving my theory that the only worthy game of this God-forsaken generation was Pokémon Quest.

Alakazam, Chansey, Mew, and Melmetal seem broken and every Flying/Bug/Ice/Fire Pokémon outside maybe Venomoth is borderline unusable. I honestly cannot comprehend why to keep the most hazardous hazard and not have any means to remove it. If any move aside Rest needs to be banned, it's probably dem sneaky pebbles.

Rest in peace, Pursuit. You're the hero this game needs, but the competitive fandom does not deserve. One curiosity though. Is team preview still in the game?

Well, if a meta develops, say hello to your best physical sweeper:

And kudos to the best, non-broken stallbreaker:

I find it surprising that they kept Stealth Rock at all considering the biggest "postgame" consists of 1v1 anyway.

Maybe just a random nod to smogoners.

Does anyone think we still have move tutors we haven’t seen revealed yet?

Look at the Learnsets for the Partner Pikachu and Eevee, their special moves are nowhere to be seen and those have been revealed to be learned through a move tutor.

Is pokemon's ability disabled in let's go? Can anyone else make a clarify?
It was confirmed ages ago that there's no abilities at all in the games.
They're not disabled, they're not there at all.

Does anyone think we still have move tutors we haven’t seen revealed yet?

Look at the Learnsets for the Partner Pikachu and Eevee, their special moves are nowhere to be seen and those have been revealed to be learned through a move tutor.
Considering there's level 1 moves, there's a Move Relearner somewhere.
Wild guess is that Pikachu/Eevee have a dedicated move tutor for their unique moves.

Which part of "the starter Pikachu/Eevee are not tradable and have their unique stats compared to wild ones" is hard to understand? :P You'll never see this Pikachu, Eevee or their moves in a game not called Let's Go.
Aww, maybe a patch one day we can bank them without their moves. Such a waste. :(

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader

I don't think I've ever seen a leak/datamine for anything ever that has actually killed the hype, but here we are. I am currently going to spend the next 4 days until release praying the game bombs or at least does poorly relative to other entries in the franchise. I'm sorry, but after the decades that have been spent building and improving battles and learnsets, this is unacceptable. I feel bad for my boi Melmetal, this is seriously going to be his introduction to the world of competitive Pokemon?
Okay first, stealth rocks actually aren't that big a deal in such a bulky meta. You're going to take that hit after hazards. And pokemon never really does balancing themselves: if rocks are broken, we ban em.
Secondly, no critical moves are missing. As long as there are moves to help combat any strategy, as there are, we have our critical moves.
Thirdly, +200 for every stat = bad meta isnt sound reasoning. A bulkier meta also isn't necessarily terrible: it might allow entirely different strategies and Pokèmon to take the spotlight. I saw a match today where a farfetch'd cleaned up a fairly decent competitive team lategame.
Also you haven't been perfecting anything for decades lol, and even if you had been, sets change every generation so ???
We're a day into the meta. Calm yourself.

Then how did we figure out melmetal has iron fist and meltan and magnet pull?
They are in the data structure. But that's it. In-game they don't exist.
There's lot of points in the data structure that include things not present in game.
Like there's data for Totem Pokemon learnsets for example despite they obviously not being present.

My guess on this is that they kept the data in in order to keep the indexes of the various Pokemon and movesets for easier compatibility for the Switch Pokebank in the future.

My guess on this is that they kept the data in in order to keep the indexes of the various Pokemon and movesets for easier compatibility for the Switch Pokebank in the future.
It has to be that. They don't want to make up data out of nothing like they had to do with the Virtual Console games.

The only doubt comes with the Candy stat boost mechanic. Perhaps they are just going to be ignored, but who knows?

Still confused why people are freaking out about the meta in a game that was made clear from day 1 to not be geared towards competitive play. This isn’t going to take over the USUM meta so if you don’t want to play with candy boosts etc, just stick to the primary meta and don’t play the PLGO meta, which is probably gonna see very little activity anyway after the initial new toy syndrome wears off. It’s really not that big a deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)