Data Battle Tower MKIII (Now with 300% less clutter!)

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Welcome to the Battle Tower MkIII. This is where you can arrange matches between your friends and rivals. Here are the rules about battles:

Battling:

Each Trainer may be in a maximum of three (3) concurrent battles at once.

Types of Battle:

Open Battle: This is a general challenge to anyone quick enough to answer your match request.

Challenge: Throwing down the gauntlet to a specific opponent.

Beginner Battle (Updated May 27, 2011): This is a type of battle that allows trainers to avoid conflict with the more stronger trainers. The following rules apply to beginner battles and the Pokemon able to be used in them.

1. Pokemon must be able to evolve
2. Pokemon with 4 rarity cannot be used.
3. Rarity Cost of Pokemon on one side of the field cannot exceed # of Pokemon + 3
4. 1 Rarity is added to the rarity of a 2nd stage Pokemon in a 3 stage line.
5. A Pokemon with full EC or full DC cannot be used in a Beginner Battle.
6. Trainers must have played less than 6 matches, and must have joined ASB less than 1 month ago.

Refs for Beginner Battles are expected to be prompt and include flavour.

Training Battle: A variation of a battle that is the same as a normal battle, except the match does not count towards W/L/T.

Rules:

Each Trainer should PM the referee 3 Pokemon for all matches that are 3vs3 or lower unless specified otherwise. For longer matches, send Pokemon up to that match's maximum (e.g. 4 for a 4vs4, 5 for a 5vs5 etc.). If 3 Pokemon are not supplied but there are enough Pokemon for the match, you may either VM the trainer asking them to fill out their squad or ref using the more limited list as an assumption.

Whenever you post a challenge you may also request a specific referee. When doing Challenges or requesting referees, send them a courtesy VM linking to your challenge post.

There are at least two trainers in a match. The trainer who initiates a match is a Match Seeker, and a trainer who accepts a match is a Match Challenger.

Match Seeker: The person who puts up a battle request in the Battle Tower.
Match Challenger: A person responding to that person's original battle request.

Match Seeker:

Chooses Number of Pokemon per side
Chooses Match Type (Singles/Doubles/Triples)
Chooses Disqualification (DQ) Time
Chooses Number of Permitted Substitutions
Chooses Restricted Moves
Chooses Arena
Sends Out Pokemon First

Number of Pokemon and Match Type: The Standard Battling format of ASB is considered 3vs3 Singles; however, any battle format can be selected, including multi-trainer melees.

Disqualification (DQ) Time: The time expected between the posting of attacks and the ref's interpretation of the battle. Refs are expected to post within the DQ period. Opponents who do not post within the DQ period are disqualified and the match goes to whichever player posted last. If extenuating circumstances come up, PM the ref and your opponent for a suspension. The standard DQ time is usually between 3-7 days to account for the ref and battlers schedules.

Restricted Moves: Standard restrictions are Two uses of recovery moves and 5 chills. The Handbook has the list of moves that are categorized as Recovery Moves

Other moves may be restricted at the Seeker's discretion however, or mutually agreed upon by both sides.

Arenas: The Match Seeker is expected to provide an Arena for battle; however, they may forfeit this right to the opponent in exchange for posting second. Arenas have the most far-reaching consequences for a match and can have any attribute the designer wishes, including structural move restrictions. It is assumed that when a Challenger accepts a Seeker's challenge, they agree to the Arena and any of its inherent traits/restrictions/effects. Arenas can be simple or complex.

Match Challenger:

Chooses the switch method (Switch = OK or Switch = KO)
Chooses the ability method (No Abilities, One Ability, All Abilities)
Chooses the item method (Items Off, Items On, Training Items On)
Attacks First

Switch Methods:

Switch = KO Pokemon cannot be switched out during battle or they will be KOed. Moves that would initiate a switch effect on either side do not activate that effect. Instead they have been given descriptions for what they do in a non-switching battle on each Attack.

Switch = OK: At the end of each round, a trainer may switch their Pokémon. If they do, the Pokémon they send out must issue attacks first if their opponent does not switch in response. The same trainer cannot initiate a switch phase on consecutive rounds unless an Attack like U-turn, Volt Switch, or Teleport is used. Trainers whose Pokémon are returned through the effects of moves like Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Roar, and Whirlwind do not have to move first the next round.

Ability Methods:

No Abilities: No Abilities will be active in a match. Note that this does not prevent Pokemon who naturally Levitate from doing so; common physics still apply.

One Ability: The trainers select one Ability that their Pokemon will use for the entirety of the match upon release.

All Abilities: All of the Pokemon's Abilities are active at once.

Item Methods:

Items Off: Hold Items will not be allowed in battle.

Items On: Pokemon are equipped with Hold Items upon release.

Training Items On: Pokemon are equipped with "Training" Hold Items upon release (An Item that raises a Counter when a Pokemon holds it).

Final Notes:

If you enter a battle, once the thread is up make sure to post its link in your trainer registration post in the Registration Tower.

Remember that each match needs a Seeker, a Challenger, and a Ref. Once you find a Challenger and a Referee, PM the Referee your team choices for the battle. Select 3 Pokemon for Battles that are 3vs3 or lower. For longer matches send Pokemon up to that match's maximum (e.g. 4 for a 4vs4, 5 for a 5vs5 etc.)

The ref will post up the thread and tell the Match Seeker to send out their first Pokemon. Then the battle commences. Always link back to your trainer profile post was seeking or accepting a challenge. The ref should always check these links to make sure the Pokemon being used are legitimate and up to date.

Here is how a match starts up:

Condensed flow to start a match:

1. Seeker posts up a match
2. Challenger responds
3. Ref accepts a match and PMs both opponents to send their squads to that ref.
4. After receiving the Squad information from both trainers, the ref posts the OP, and asks the Match Challenger to determine the Ability, Switch, and Item clauses. (If both trainers agree to this set of rules beforehand, the Ref should post them in the OP and proceed to Step 5.)
5. The Match Seeker posts their first Pokemon with its abilities/item if applicable.
6. The Match Challenger sends their actions for the round.
7. The Match Seeker sends their actions for the round.
8. The Round is reffed and the order of 6 and 7 alternate each round until completion.

Previous Threads
Battle Tower MkI
Battle Tower MkII

New Tower, same Queue.

2v2 Singles (1 LC, 1 FE)
Training Items
2 Subs
0 Chills / Recoveries
No Megas or Z-Moves
72hr DQ
2v2 Babysitter Doubles (1 LC, 1 FE)
Training Items
2 Subs
0 Chills / Recoveries
No Megas or Z-Moves
72hr DQ
Bring 3 Play 2 "Mini" Singles
Acceptor chooses LC, Babysitter or FE
2 day DQ
Megas: 0 if LC or Babysitter, 1 if FE
Z-Moves: 1
Items: All
2 subs

Additional rules:
  • When sending in teams to the referee, each Pokemon can only bring a maximum of 17 moves with them. Protect and Substitute are mandatory, and Pokemon which do not know them can bring them regardless.
  • Each Pokemon must bring at least one damaging move.
  • In addition, for each Pokemon designate one move as its "Signature Move." If it is a damaging move, it receives +2 BAP. If it is a non-damaging move, it gets +1 priority.
  • A Pokemon cannot have all their damaging moves disabled concurrently. Any action that would cause all the opposing Pokemon's damaging moves to be disabled will fail instead.
The Last Hurrah: Dogfish vs Maxim
6v6 Singles FE
3 Day DQ
3 Substitutions
Mega Evolutions=1
Legends=1
Switch=OK
All Abilities
Items=ON, may use items even if not purchased, but only if they can be purchased or are owned
Arena: ASB Arena

The ASB Tournament Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Tournament Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.
Queue:
LucarioOfLegends vs. Agender Nerd (2v2 Singles) [Ref: ???]
??? vs. Agender Nerd (2v2 Doubles) [Ref: ???]
Nightblitz42 vs. ??? (2v2 Mini Singles) [Ref: Agender Nerd]
Maxim vs Dogfish44 (6v6 FE Singles) [Ref: ???]

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Accepting Nightblitz42's 2v2 Mini Singles, Requesting Babysitter.

Nightblitz42 vs. LucarioOfLegends (2v2 Mini Singles) [Ref: Agender Nerd]
Maxim vs Dogfish44 (6v6 FE Singles) [Ref: ???]

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dogfish44 Maxim I’m changing the item rulings

items rules totally not stolen said:
The ASB Arena, but there's a conveniently-placed shop nearby. A girl who's definitely a girl and not a dude who plays internet Pokémon for fun runs the cashier, and will allow battlers to borrow any item that they don't already own. The cost of this sacrifice will be a cute animal pic, however.
If you agree to this I’ll ref it

QUEUE
Maxim vs Dogfish44 (6v6 FE Singles) [Ref: Toon?]

Reffing a thing

3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
Megas: 0
Z-moves: 1 per mon
Items: all
ASB Arena
Special Rules:
  • Pokemon may equip a Z crystal in addition to their other item
  • Z crystals have no effects beyond allowing the usage of a corresponding Z move
  • trainers may equip Z Crystals they do not own to their pokemon
QUEUE
??? vs ??? (3v3 Singles) [Ref: Agender Nerd]

nightblitz42

Z-Crystals with items? Sign me up!! Also reffing LucarioOfLegends vs. Agender Nerd , send in when ready.

QUEUE
nightblitz42 vs ??? (3v3 Singles) [Ref: Agender Nerd]

Hello everyone, I'm wanting to get back into ASB, so I'm putting up an Open Battle Match.

3v3 LC Singles
Switch = OK
1 Ability
Chill/Recovery: 5/2
Training Items Only
2 Day DQ
Z-moves = 0
2 Substitutions

QUEUE
Hitmonleet vs ??? (LC 3v3 Singles) [Ref: ???]

Snapping up Hitmonleet's challenge.

QUEUE
Hitmonleet vs Vanillish Wafer (LC 3v3 Singles) [Ref: ???]

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'll ref the Doubles match because why not.

QUEUE
??? vs. Agender Nerd (2v2 Doubles) [Ref: TMan87]

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Heeey, open challenge (but I'm too poor for actual items)

2v2 FE Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Subs
No Chills/Recoveries
No Megas or Z moves
All Items
Hax: Encouraged

QU:
LucarioOfLegends vs. ??? (2v2 Doubles) [Ref: ???]

nightblitz42

Oh doubles hax sounds fun. You don't mind if I bring items, do you?

QU:
LucarioOfLegends vs. nightblitz42 (2v2 Doubles) [Ref: ???]

Need a good match to get me back in the groove of things

3v3 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Subs
Standard chills and recoveries
1 Mega
1 Z move
All items
ASB Arena
Switch = OK

Queue
Flamestar vs ??? [Ref: ???]

Fight me TMan87, I promise not to disappear this time. If I disappear you can have all my Pokemon and UC. :P
You can pick the rules and whatnot.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Fight me TMan87, I promise not to disappear this time. If I disappear you can have all my Pokemon and UC. :P
You can pick the rules and whatnot.
You're on.

Format:
3v3 FE Singles
DQ: 4 days
All Abilities
2 recoveries/5 chills (all per mon)
1 Mega
1 Z-Move
3 Substitutions
Switch = OK
All Items
ASB Arena

Queue
Flamestar vs ??? [Ref: nightblitz42]
Ooraloo vs TMan87 (3v3 FE Singles] [Ref: ???]

Last edited:

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.

Reffing the below. God help me.

FE 1v1
DQ: 3 days
All Abilities
2 recoveries/5 chills
1 Mega or Z-Move
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
All Items
ASB Arena

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)