Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
At long last...

Program: Reffing 101
Timezone:
Still GMT+2
Reffing Experience (if any):
Nope
Why do you want to be tutored:
Time to put these writing skills to good use! Also UCs.
Any extra comments about yourself:
I should be proofreading some translations instead of applying here

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
White List (Renewal) Application
Why do you think you deserve to be white-listed?

Because the counters are nice
Which types of matches do you ref the most? Why?
All of them, because I am a bored no life bunny
Do you flavor? Why or Why not?
I rarely do flavour because i generally suck at it and dont want people to see my word vomit
You should play Rakuen. It is a very cute game and i highly recommend it imotbh.

TMan87 you're with me go grab battles from the battle tower (if you want both of our lives to be easier i recommend grabbing singles) and pm me your battle reffings (including OP) before posting so i can check them out.

White List (Renewal) Application

Because the counters are nice
Tutoring matches because I run the program
I rarely do flavour because i generally suck at it and dont want people to see my word vomit
You should play Rakuen. It is a very cute game and i highly recommend it imotbh.

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone: UTC +01:00
ASB Experience (if any): None
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited (wouhou holidays)
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: because I want to have some fun with people
One random fact about yourself: I write shitty articles on a french Pokéwebsite.
Any extra comments: oranges are the best fruit.

Timezone: EST
Reffing Experience (if any): One battle in 2014.
Why do you want to be tutored: I wanna be a (decent) ref. Also to make money.
Any extra comments about yourself: Nah, the best fruit is apples.

Timezone:
UTC +1
Reffing Experience (if any):Nope
Why do you want to be tutored: For the flavor and the money
Any extra comments about yourself: Yes, I like doing multiple things at the same time. Maybe because I don't have much to do these holidays.

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Timezone:
UTC +1
Reffing Experience (if any):Nope
Why do you want to be tutored: For the flavor and the money
Any extra comments about yourself: Yes, I like doing multiple things at the same time. Maybe because I don't have much to do these holidays.
Your soul is M I N E

Let’s have a good time mmkay~go grab battles from the battle tower (if you want both of our lives to be easier i recommend grabbing singles) and pm me your battle reffings (including OP) before posting so i can check them out.[/quote]

White List Application

Because I ref a lot
I ref a lot of everything but flashes are the quickest and require the least dedication so naturally I end up doing slightly more of those
I used to, but I value getting more matches completed, so I tend to do minimal flavor unless the match is big and I didn't get subreffed into it.
I'm proud to be sponsored by The Great Courses Plus™

ediZt: Uh, TBK went MIA the day you posted this Exclaim. Kindly come with me to answer some questions (I'll check you out in the weekend, I'm - surprisingly - free)

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well get this started.

Program:
Reffing 101
Timezone: MST (GMT-7)
Reffing Experience (if any): Only a handful of flashes (both singles and doubles). They're archived on my profile, fwiw.
Why do you want to be tutored: $$$ also roleplay reffing seems kinda neat.
Any extra comments about yourself: :RefPlease:

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo Time Zone
ASB Experience (if any): No one realy
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: 2 Reasons: 1: It looks fun and im bored often,
2: there is no Flying Press article about this, so writing anarticle about this might be the start to my writing career!
One random fact about yourself: My favorite pokémon is Octilery
Any extra comments:

Ok I might also need help on that, you can help me?
Actually, apparently I'm wrong and you can join Starting ASB before making a profile, in which case I'm supposed to help you make a profile. So, you're with me. Check the handbook for instructions on how to make a profile and I'll answer any questions you may have. Also, you might want to hop on our discord because people on there are very helpful and will be able to answer if I'm not on/in the middle of a reffing/whatever.

Actually, apparently I'm wrong and you can join Starting ASB before making a profile, in which case I'm supposed to help you make a profile. So, you're with me. Check the handbook for instructions on how to make a profile and I'll answer any questions you may have. Also, you might want to hop on our discord because people on there are very helpful and will be able to answer if I'm not on/in the middle of a reffing/whatever.
I have a discord acount, its name its eusouafazenda .
Im trying to contact you on the discord server, wait a sec.

White List Application

I've reffed a lot recently.
Flashes as their quick, generally easy, and help a lot. Heck, in June (which I can't use for the app ;~;) I reffed 6 flashes in 3 days, including some dubs.
Sometimes for bigger battles since I like to write cringy comedy and reffing gives me a chance to do that. I won't do flavor if I'm short time, though.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm in the process of training for when the Poison Gym gets open, though apparently EM is going for that and that's just swell, ain't it...

Might as well give this a go.

Program:
Starting ASB
Timezone: EST
ASB Experience (if any): I know the skin and bones mechanics, but not much else
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Standard or faster
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: It looks like fun
One random fact about yourself: Steel is my favourite type
Any extra comments: I'm familiar with the CAPs

Hey there Wildcard! I'm PTPlatinum (often known as PT for short) and I'll be your tutor for Starting ASB! Since you've already finished making your profile, we can dive into a 2v2 battle where we'll go over the foundations of ASB. Send me the profiles of two of your Pokemon via PM and we'll get started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)