The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Green Bay Starks retake their rightful throne in the North from the Minnesota Boltons.

All is right with the world.

I'm happy enough with how the Bucs went, considering I've only been following NFL for one and a bit seasons. 6-10 to 9-7 is a decent improvement.

The Green Bay Starks retake their rightful throne in the North from the Minnesota Boltons.

All is right with the world.
Better pray that Seattle don't make it to the championship. We all just know how much you guys like to play in Seattle at post season.

Well, the shitty Lions are a given. I don't care how much dick we suck right now. The NFL is obviously gonna dig the Seattle-Atlanta Divisional rematch. Not only for 2012, but for the game earlier this season that woulda gone either way. They'll be rested and ready to tear us apart in revenge. If we went into the game this moment, we'd stand no chance.

The Girlz are set to lose. New York can beat em a third time and Green Bay can get Rodgers to burn the shit out of them easy. Have fun with that seeding. Atlanta easily has the better position.

Really feel bad for the Raiders. Cleanly losing the division right after Carr goes down. Really sucks. I can't see them slogging through three games. Plus, they'd have to go through Belicheat's house. Defense will beat them and they have a full damn stable of guys to catch passes on them all day.

Kansas City looks like it should be easy to get to the championship. Unless Pittsburgh finds a way to shut out Hill, Kelce, Berry, and Peters (that'll be the key for any team to beat them). Easier said than done, but if that fails, they still have Bell.

New England doesn't really look like it'll have a hard time to the top. I honestly thought Oakland would steel itself on offense, but now it's over. So they're facing either Kansas City or Pittsburgh. Not liking Pittsburgh's chance, playing at their house.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Really rooting for the Chiefs to knock out the Patriots in the AFCCG because I think they have the best odds of keeping those flaming dickbags out of the SB ONCE AGAIN.

Or 3li

Feel bad for the Raiders, they finished with a winning record for the first time in ages but Carr and Mariota both going out with leg injuries right at the end sucks for both teams. You never want to see a team's season/playoffs shut down due to an injury like that.

Worried af about our playoff defense without ET. Our offensive concerns should be obvious. I think we can beat DET in a close game but the buck might stop there when we hit da dirty birds.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like tyreek hill was that missing piece the chefs needed to become a serious and scary threat to the Patriots. Now that they've learned how to utilize that explosive element to their offense they've become the most complete team in the afc, maybe even the nfl. As much as I'd love to say Pittsburgh is a threat too, the Patriots Just aren't scared of them. They could beat them, but would have to bring their A game and more unpredictable play-calling to throw off the evil emperor

No, receive. You earned the first bye, not the second
The Patriots got the one seed DESPITE the best player in the league being suspended 4 games for literally nothing, and DESPITE losing their transcendent, once in a lifetime pass catcher for the last 7 weeks.

The fact the rest of the AFC couldn't keep up is their fault.

Best player? Brady isn't even a top 3 qb. Brees, Rodgers and Ryan are better. If we list every player at every position Brady would be lucky to break the top 35. But stay delusional thinking your qb is special when there are an additional 6-7 guys as good as him(after the 3 i mentioned).

Like i posted above Rodgers is the perfect qb. He is a gift and joy to watch every week. Perfect in every way, above reproach, criticism or doubt. He has proven to be the perfect qb and we should all be thankful each time we get to watch him play.

But yeah i'm excited for the giants to blast him and blow him out next week.

Damn, Pretzels is like the resident Skip Bayless.

I have no idea what was the criticism towards Rodgers in the first half of the season. While he undeniably off, it wasn't like him slipping near the end of last season. It was the defense that was costing the games, mainly fueled by the injuries. Defense is still suspect (their win streak is against all arguably bad teams/offenses), but Rodgers and one of the better receiving corps in the league can get enough points.

I want to point out how ridiculous the giants D has been this season before the playoffs start. They are currently second in the league in points allowed with 284 and the pats number 1 at 250. The difference? the Giants have faced an onslaught of offensive oriented teams with 9 of their 16 games against top 16 Offenses. That is a brutal schedule and to have allowed so little points against those opponents is crazy. The pats on the other hand only faced 4 teams with such offenses and one of them without their starting qb(steelers). They also played 6 games against teams with bottom 6 Os. The Giants D has the potential to shut down any offense and the Giants have the potential to win the SB. Off course it's not guaranteed and worth watching because of their offense, but right now the Giants are the most underrated and dangerous playoff team.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Patriots got the one seed DESPITE the best player in the league being suspended 4 games for literally nothing, and DESPITE losing their transcendent, once in a lifetime pass catcher for the last 7 weeks.

The fact the rest of the AFC couldn't keep up is their fault.
Which is the first bye. The Patriots had nothing to with half the afc playoff field losing their qbs, and now get to watch their only two threats fight each other before they have to play one of them. It would have been at least a challenge if they had to play the chefs in the divisional round.

Good lord I cannot wait for brady to retire so that team goes back to average. Patriots fans are the most insufferable in the nfl

I feel that its my duty to tell people the facts that they don't wan't to hear, but know are true.

(Like during you know what)

And Pats fans are definitely the worst in the NFL. They're super entitled and ungrateful. But, they're also rightfully defensive about their team (and QB especially).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Invalid statement. We've only been around since 2012, so there ain't been enough time to build a profile on us.
I think he's referring to the level of cockiness displayed by them despite only being relevant for a few years. Patriots fans may be the worst but they at least have a lot to be cocky about.

Either way I think we can all agree that Pats fans and Seahawks fans are highest on the smugon tier list, and Eagles fans are by far the least classy. Nicest fans are probably Jags fans I dunno

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Something Chris Collinsworth pointed out is so true. Rodgers is the perfect qb.
Give him lamar jackson's running ability, newton's size, stafford's arm, and keep his own brain and i'll agree with you.

Best player? Brady isn't even a top 3 qb. Brees, Rodgers and Ryan are better. If we list every player at every position Brady would be lucky to break the top 35. But stay delusional thinking your qb is special when there are an additional 6-7 guys as good as him(after the 3 i mentioned).
LMFAOOO IM DEAD

But to be honest as long as i'm not talking about the giants, my posts provide very good insight because i actually know more about football than any of you. When i talk about them my emotional side of the brain can't let me think straight. Which is why i basically have two styles of posts.
you have one style of post: extremely biased generic fandom in which you pick favorites and root for them and bash your enemies with no logical thought. it's mad entertaining though :D

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think he's referring to the level of cockiness displayed by them despite only being relevant for a few years. Patriots fans may be the worst but they at least have a lot to be cocky about.

Either way I think we can all agree that Pats fans and Seahawks fans are highest on the smugon tier list, and Eagles fans are by far the least classy. Nicest fans are probably Jags fans I dunno
Idve just guessed Browns fans are the nicest because they've probably given up and ceded to other teams

I know I haven't posted much here this season, but man it's been a depressing year for the Niners >.>

Finally nice the Niners fired Baalke. As for Chip, eh, I think he could've done better with the right personnel and more time, but as the general convention is that a new GM will usually want to hire their own HC, he was on the chopping block no matter what. But whoever's coming in has their job cut out, granted they have plenty of money and the 2nd draft pick to start with, but it's going to be a few years if they're lucky before the Niners return to relevancy at this rate. Might not be a bad idea to look across the bay and hopefully realize that there will be painful building years, but once things come together again will work out if done right.

Jed York's smug-ass comments pisses me off though, the whole "I own this football team. You don't dismiss owners" crap. Newsflash Jeddy, mommy and daddy technically own the team and not you for starters, you're just lucky to be playing with their toy. And if they had half a brain (though stupid might run in that branch of your family I suppose), they'd see the disaster you've made of the Niners on your watch as CEO and would dismiss your ass and hire someone competent to actually run the franchise in your/their place. Really what has this pissant done in life besides being luckily born into a rich family whose uncle just happened to own the Niners and unfortunately had to give them up? /end rant

As for the playoffs, rooting for the Chiefs, Raiders (though I don't see the Raiders making it out of R2 since Carr is lost) on the AFC side, and...well anyone besides the Seahawks and Cowboys on the NFC side really. Packers I guess if I had to choose someone. And above all, anything besides another Giants/Patriots super bowl please, will puke if it happens again somehow for the 3rd time in as many years.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think he's referring to the level of cockiness displayed by them despite only being relevant for a few years.

we got bopped in the afc west but idk if "a few years" means since like 2012 only or what cause uh surely you remember our superbowl against you, our team has won its division 8 times, "third" behind patriots and colts-packers tie. we may not go super deep in the playoffs every year but since we skedaddled from the afcw we've won our division more times than the other 3 teams combined

anyway playoff game is unclesam vs me any good ideas for couples bets on our teams #GoHawks #NoMercy #OLinePls

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane

we got bopped in the afc west but idk if "a few years" means since like 2012 only or what cause uh surely you remember our superbowl against you, our team has won its division 8 times, "third" behind patriots and colts-packers tie. we may not go super deep in the playoffs every year but since we skedaddled from the afcw we've won our division more times than the other 3 teams combined

anyway playoff game is unclesam vs me any good ideas for couples bets on our teams #GoHawks #NoMercy #OLinePls
Winning your division is pretty easy when the other three teams all suck. Hence the colts and patriots dominance as well. When I speak of relevance I mean outside of your own division. I'd be interested in seeing the seahawks playoff record between 2000 and 2012 just for grins, if anyone has it?

Winning your division is pretty easy when the other three teams all suck. Hence the colts and patriots dominance as well.
The Patriots would dominate any division they got put in.

If they were put in the AFC north for example they'd just destroy the Steelers and Ravens every year instead of Dolphins and Jets

Their win % outside the AFC east is virtually identical to their win % inside of it.

The "AFC east weak division" argument is one of the worst anti patriots arguments there is to make, yet people make it so often.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Patriots would dominate any division they got put in.

If they were put in the AFC north for example they'd just destroy the Steelers and Ravens every year instead of Dolphins and Jets

Their win % outside the AFC east is virtually identical to their win % inside of it.

The "AFC east weak division" argument is one of the worst anti patriots arguments there is to make, yet people make it so often.
This likely underestimates the effect of playing home games in Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Cincinnati. We see every year that those games are wo hotly contested and how difficult it is to win on the road in our division.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
This likely underestimates the effect of playing home games in Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Cincinnati. We see every year that those games are wo hotly contested and how difficult it is to win on the road in our division.
yes because they all had to play in foxborough and it's not like Brady's road record is the best in nfl history or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)