SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you breed a male of the same species with the female, there's a 50% chance the male's ball will be passed down instead.
So female Ultra Ball vulpix with male Luxury Ball ninetales; half the offspring have an Ultra and half the offspring have a Luxury.
I suppose (since I only have a Ditto and not a second Vulpix) I would have to trade for another Vulpix in a Ball I like, then?

If you breed a male of the same species with the female, there's a 50% chance the male's ball will be passed down instead.
So female Ultra Ball vulpix with male Luxury Ball ninetales; half the offspring have an Ultra and half the offspring have a Luxury.
Doesn't it have to be the exact same kind? Like if the male is at a different evolution stage for the line it has no chance to pass its ball down?

I'm thinking

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

For the extra bulk to be able to withstand hits and dish back pretty hard

Standard singles / super singles
You will have some trouble with bulky ground/water types, so a good grass type like Kartana or Tapu Bulu could help. In addition, it is succeptible to burns, something like Tapu Fini or Aquanid could be nice to absorb the status. Grass types might be a bit of a problem too, so something with Freeze Dry can cover a few of your weaknesses.

Recommendation for the set, use something in place of Pursuit (Zen headbutt?) The AI switches very rarely, and even when it does, another coverage move would have more raw power.

Does the beast ball migrate through breeding ? Just got a 5 IV beast ball Wimpod
If you breed it with a Ditto, yes.
If it's a female and you breed it with a male of the same egg group, yes.
If it's a male and you breed it with a female Wimpod in another ball, there's a 50% chance the Beast Ball will get passed down.
If it's a male and you breed it with a female of the same egg group, no.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is the number of times one can encounter each Ultra Beast limited?
Yes. To a degree.

Ordering for UBs
Sun is Nihilego -> 2x Buzzwole -> 2x Xurkitree -> 4x Kartana -> Guzzlord
Moon is Nihilego -> 4x Pheromosa -> 2x Xurkitree -> 2x Celesteela -> Guzzlord

I think that's correct from what I have found out. I'm currently at my second Xurkitree on Sun.

Yes. To a degree.

Ordering for UBs

I think that's correct from what I have found out. I'm currently at my second Xurkitree on Sun.
How odd. At least they provide multiples of the version exclusives. I imagine it is safe to assume they are guaranteed 3 perfect IV's since they do not breed. Thank you for the information.

Apparently, you can find wild Tentacruel at Poni Wilds while surfing.

My question is... where can you Surf? I did not find a single place where I could summon Lapras or Sharpedo.

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any reason to ever breed for Pokemon for the Smogon Formats. Are there any Community Tournaments or similar things held in the cartridge games? Or should I rather breed solely for VGC2017 and Battle Spot Singles Sets.

Yes. To a degree.

Ordering for UBs

Can confirm this is correct. Caught them all in Sun, on Celesteela in Moon. Personally I'd have liked if it was 3 Buzzwole, 3 Kartana and 3 Pheromosa, 3 Celesteela. Kartana and Pheromosa don't have that many different sorts of sets.

My question right now is: is it worth using my Master Ball trying to get a Tapu Lele with HP Fire and then just trying my luck to get HP Ice or Fire on Tapu Koko? It'd majorly expedite the process, and I feel like Lele needs a good HP type more than Koko does.

Edit: Also, is there anywhere to discuss thoughts on what the next game might be? I almost feel like a Gen I remake could be just as possible as Gen IV, because Sun and Moon have certainly touched on both a good deal.

Does the number of BP you get each battle keep increasing every 10 battle in the Battle Tree? Is there a cap?
How exactly do you get to the Red fight where he gives you the Kanto Starter mega stones?

Does the number of BP you get each battle keep increasing every 10 battle in the Battle Tree? Is there a cap?
How exactly do you get to the Red fight where he gives you the Kanto Starter mega stones?
I think Red is your opponent for the 20th Single Battle. (as in, before the Super Singles) It's this battle which he'll give you the Mega Stones afterward.

for super singles, you are given 2 + min([n/10], 5) bp for your n-th consecutive victory and 50 additional bp for defeating red at #50

in other words, 2 bp per win for each of the first 10, 3 bp for each of 11-20, etc. capped at 7 points per battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)