Programming Team Planner for Pokémon

Hey there! This is a visual tool that lets you select Pokémon to build an in-game team. Filter Pokémon you can meet during your adventure and have an overview of your team's weaknesses and strengths.

1662910260855.png

1662910231610.png

Features:
  • Allows you to filter and search Pokémon by version, generation, evolution, type, tag, or color
  • Lists your team's weaknesses (ignores abilities, e.g., Fluffy) and coverage (only takes into account STAB)
  • Can toggle a Pokémon's shinyness/gender
  • Has a randomize button
Feedback is appreciated!

Latest Version:
Pokémon Team Planner →

Last edited:
Update:
I have added all the Pokémon names, typings and icons that were datamined. Types of picked Pokémon are now displayed below their name.

Excellent! May I recommend in the more info you also include what types your team resists? having both weakness and resistance shown would be nice

Update:

These have been addressed:

Excellent! May I recommend in the more info you also include what types your team resists? having both weakness and resistance shown would be nice
I can't find Ash-Greninja on your team planner :(
It will now display your team's weaknesses, immunities, and resistances. It also takes Levitate into account for the few mons that get this ability (sadly Gengar is not one).

I also added Ash Greninja and fixed Salazzle, which was considered pure Poison type.

Hello there. Some pokemon are missing. I cannot find Hitmonlee (or other Hitmon versions), Gen1-2-3 starters, Vulpix-Ninetales (fire versions), Galvantula...

Update:
Added all types of Silvally and a version filter.

Nofurne Thanks for the heads up! This has been fixed.

Hello there. Some pokemon are missing. I cannot find Hitmonlee (or other Hitmon versions), Gen1-2-3 starters, Vulpix-Ninetales (fire versions), Galvantula...
At the moment it only contains Pokémon in the Alola dex. A National Dex version is on the way.

For some reason, when I try and click on a Pokemon, nothing happens. The URL doesn't change, except it simply adds a '#' to the end, and no new Pokemon is added to the team. Is this just a problem I am experiencing, and is there a way to fix it?

Update:
Team planners for National, Kalos, and Hoenn dex have been added. Find the links at the bottom part of the S/M planner.

For some reason, when I try and click on a Pokemon, nothing happens. The URL doesn't change, except it simply adds a '#' to the end, and no new Pokemon is added to the team. Is this just a problem I am experiencing, and is there a way to fix it?
May I ask what browser are you using? AFAIK this has been working well on Firefox and Chrome. Some users have reported issues with IE (expected) and Safari.

Update:
Team planners for National, Kalos, and Hoenn dex have been added. Find the links at the bottom part of the S/M planner.

May I ask what browser are you using? AFAIK this has been working well on Firefox and Chrome. Some users have reported issues with IE (expected) and Safari.
I'm using Chrome.

Hi! richi3f, I'm interested in the sprites you used for the menu where you select the Pokémon. Could you link the place where you got them? Thank you!

EDIT: You just replied to me in Reddit sending the link! Thank you!

Last edited:
Isn't the Goodra line Moon exclusive and the Flygon line Sun exclusive? They're listed as Sun exclusive and Moon exclusive, respectively.

Do you think you can make it so you have more than one of a certain kind of Pokemon? I use this for fake gym teams and a lot of times gyms or Elite 4 members use more than one of the same Pokemon.

Edit: Certain Pokemon show up as Unown. Amoonguss is an example.

Last edited:
Update:
Thanks to drobinson and pyrox18 basic sharing functionality has been added!

I'm using Chrome.
I haven't had the chance to download Chrome and check it myself, but other users have reported that it does work on that browser. What version are you using? Is it the latest update?

Isn't the Goodra line Moon exclusive and the Flygon line Sun exclusive? They're listed as Sun exclusive and Moon exclusive, respectively.
Fixed this, thanks!

Heracross' image doesn't appear! Appears Unown instead
Edit: Certain Pokemon show up as Unown. Amoonguss is an example.
Thanks for reporting this. I will be adding them soon.

Can confirm that it works splendidly on safari, and makes a rather good looking button on home screen. Also, thanks for adding in minior. Noticed you didn't mention it.

Update:
Added the missing art of several Pokémon (e.g., Heracross, Amoongus, Cubchoo) and of recently announced Pokémon (e.g., Alolan Dugtrio, Necrozma, Xurkitree).

Is there a way to optimize the "resists"-function so that if I pick "resists Fire & Grass" it only shoes Pokémon that resist both types. Currently it shows everything that resists at least one of the moves :x That would be awesome :/ It would be something that pokemondb.net is using = http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage
another wish1: reset all filters-button
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into this.

Each time you add/remove a Pokémon, the URL is modified so you can save/share that.

Example:
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/#primarina muk-alola mismagius golisopod drampa sandslash-alola
When following you link the pokemon displayed do not match the names
primarina appears as malamar
muk appears as chatot
mismagius appears as mega latias
Golisopod appears as unown
Drampa appears as boonsweet
Sandslash appears as mankey

also I cant seem to find mega kangaskhan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)