Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

How a Uber team can be showcased, put in a rmt archive?

i want to plays a more aggressive tounament than uber single elimination.
i only plays ubers and i don't understand how those tournaments work on the site.
Which one do you advice me for the start?

Last edited:
Is zekrom good on ubers?
Is choice band a good item
Zekrom is not that good since Primal-Groudon and Xerneas exist and unfortunately it rarely time fits in builds although if your team has a solid answer for Ground and Fairy typing you can always try with a set such as Shuca Berry Hone Claws or Mixed Life Orb.
Zekrom @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

How a Uber team can be showcased, put in a rmt archive?
i want to plays a more aggressive tounament than uber single elimination.
i only plays ubers and i don't understand how those tournaments work on the site.
Which one do you advice me for the start?
*All I can say about getting your team in showcase is make sure it's a good team, easy to read, well explained and be careful with the layout; Artwork is your friend, make it look as pleasant as possible and you will have more chances but mods have the final say ''those teams will be handpicked by the RMT moderation team.''
*There are some official tournaments: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Ubers Seasonal it's double elimination you can find more information in the Circuit Tournaments Subforum but I think there won't be more of these until Sun and Moon.
*I'd recommend to you this tournament called Speed Matters which looks quite fun and it's a good way to start involving yourself in this community. ^~^

Last edited:

Calais

Banned deucer.
Hi I was told to make an account to sign up for the team ubers tour to test my uber skills as opposed to ladder and room tournaments. Are there any more official tours as of right now that I can join that can be used to prove/improve my skills. Also what is a good way to meet people on this forum/community. Sorry if this has been asked in the past

Reactions: hyw

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Hi I was told to make an account to sign up for the team ubers tour to test my uber skills as opposed to ladder and room tournaments. Are there any more official tours as of right now that I can join that can be used to prove/improve my skills. Also what is a good way to meet people on this forum/community. Sorry if this has been asked in the past
seconding this.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Why is Mega Blaziken D rank but has the first slash on the analysis? If it's bad shouldn't it not be on it in the first place?

What do you guys think of my Ubers team? I'm going for more of a balanced build here and think I've about filled everything I want to fill

Astraeus (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam

Lelantos (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam

Plankton (Sableye-Mega) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Apollo (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Ananke (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost

Chronos (Dialga) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Rest

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I'm not an expert but I think you're stacking a huge and unneccesary Xerneas weakness by choosing Mandibuzz as your defogger. What i think you could do to fix the error is use something like Bronzong, Skarm, Jirachi, or some type of dedicated Xern answer and change your defogger to Dragceus or Waterceus to help versus Primal Groudon better as well. Im no expert on oras teambuilding but i think changing those two first would benefit your team and then if theyre are still flaws someone could pick up from where i left off

look back at gen 5, excadrill was ubers.

just wondering but if a new sandstorm harsh weather was made and it was permanent. would excadrill make a return to ubers??

also 2nd question

what kind of role does white kyurem play??

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
look back at gen 5, excadrill was ubers.

just wondering but if a new sandstorm harsh weather was made and it was permanent. would excadrill make a return to ubers??
We simply don't know. I sincerely doubt those conditions will arise though. You have to remember that Ubers doesn't decide what is banned from OU, OU decides what is banned from OU and only useable in Ubers (and/or AG).
also 2nd question

what kind of role does white kyurem play??
Kyurem-W doesn't really play a big role right now. It helps chunk Arc-water and steels vs balance I suppose and can do damage when in on Giratina-O against bulky offense, but it just kinda flubs vs hyper offense. It can do lethal damage to hyper offense if it gets a chance to use Ice Beam more than once, but it likely won't. Its typing is wierd because it can be used as a pivot from and to Primal Groudon when facing Primal Kyogre, but unlike most other members that do this, it doesn't have a Ground immunity or the bulk to not get 2HKOed by Precipice Blades / Fire Punch from Primal Groudon. It makes teams super hard or even impossible to complete because of its lack of roll compression is what I am trying to get at I guess.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
What do you guys think of my Ubers team? I'm going for more of a balanced build here and think I've about filled everything I want to fill

Astraeus (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam

Lelantos (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam

Plankton (Sableye-Mega) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Apollo (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Ananke (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost

Chronos (Dialga) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Rest

a few things

-you have sash deo-a, but it seems to me like your lead is mega sableye or dialga. sash deo-a is really only used as a sr lead, if you want to use is as a revenge killer/late-game sweeper, you'll want to give it a life orb and make it modest.

-i wouldn't really use lugia outside of stall, some people will disagree with me but imo its usually just setup bait and a waste of a teamslot. same thing for sableye.

-dont use mandibuzz

-put charti berry on dialga, as that's really the only viable set

honestly, i'd drop the team, it gets 6-0 by pretty much any pdon set, ekiller, or yveltal, and is easily dealt with by most threats.

First time playing Showdown and my timid greninja just got outsped by a primal kyogre...how dafuq?? Maybe I'm missing something but I'm supposed to be faster than it right?

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
First time playing Showdown and my timid greninja just got outsped by a primal kyogre...how dafuq?? Maybe I'm missing something but I'm supposed to be faster than it right?
There can be many reasons why your Greninja was slower.
1.) You forgot your EVs.
2.) Your opponent lowered your speed.
3.) Your opponent may have used Tailwind.

Reactions: hyw
Your Greninja could also not be level 100 (VGC uses level 50).

As Lacus Clyne said above, check your EV's but also IV's, nature and your level. Make sure your Greninja matches this picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)