Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
No it isn't, its a specific set designed to help keep rocks on the field when facing a stall/balance team. And a lot of people use it wrong too.

It can work on very specific teams and builds, but overall bulkier = better.

Does a pokemon with Unaware ignore stat boosts when a pokemon with boosted atk or spatk attacks it? And would it outspeed a slower pokemon with boosted speed stat? I know it ignores stat boosts in defence when attacking other pokemon. Just wondering if it worked like this as well.

Does a pokemon with Unaware ignore stat boosts when a pokemon with boosted atk or spatk attacks it? And would it outspeed a slower pokemon with boosted speed stat? I know it ignores stat boosts in defence when attacking other pokemon. Just wondering if it worked like this as well.
Unaware ignores stat modifiers during damage calculation. So, it will ignore ATK and SpATK boosts from opposing Pokemon, but it doesn't affect Speed

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, it does all of these and a little more. Unaware will also ignore stat drops applied to opposing Pokemon (say Clefable comes in on a -2 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A, Unaware will ignore Deoxys's -2 penalty and your Clefable will get roasted by a full power Psycho Boost), which is something to keep in mind. Unaware does not ignore item boosts though, so Life Orb, Choice Band/Scarf/Specs, and other items will still apply.

is blissey usable on balance?
It's definitely useful on balance. It checks Kyogre and counters Calm Mind Arceus formes. It also and most importantly counters Darkrai, one of the biggest threats to balance. Now in practice, it's not easy to fit on a balanced build. However, from personal experience, I was able to do it on a couple of teams. So you could definitely make a balance around it if you try.

Question: Why is Abra marked as Uber in every generation? Temporary error? Holdover from April Fools? Is it actually overpowered somehow? Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know in case someone missed it…

I was thinking of setting up an Ubers theorymon thread, similar to the ones in NU and OU. Who would I need to ask about that, and is it something people would like?

Should I settle with this Mewtwo?
My aim is to play as competitively as possible, but at the same time i've been catching mewtwo for 2 days.

I guess my real question is, of all stats to suck, SP def and Speed are obviously not ideal.
But is it really going to affect the mons eligibility for greatness =P

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
1. Which move is less situational on Latias? Grass Knot or Psyshock?
2. Is the Life Orb Xerneas set with Rock Slide + Close Combat an outdated one from the XY era, or is it still considered viable? I didn't see it on the set VR thread.
3. If you use Shell Smash and then Baton Pass to a Pokémon with a White Herb, will the Def and SpD drops go away?

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. Which move is less situational on Latias? Grass Knot or Psyshock?
2. Is the Life Orb Xerneas set with Rock Slide + Close Combat an outdated one from the XY era, or is it still considered viable? I didn't see it on the set VR thread.
3. If you use Shell Smash and then Baton Pass to a Pokémon with a White Herb, will the Def and SpD drops go away?
1. Psyshock is generally the more popular choice, the main reason being that it more consistently strong and hits a lot of targets reasonably hard without the Special Attack drop of Draco Meteor. Grass Knot is a bit of a more narrow in regards to its targets because it is more specifically for Ground Arceus, Tyranitar, Water Arceus, and Primal Kyogre. I would say that Psyshock is more broadly useful; Grass Knot can be used if you really specifically need additional help against a specific target.
2. Life Orb Xerneas is a usable, but not really the first Pokemon you would go to for a Xerneas set; it's more of a niche set for lures and breaking through specific checks. Xerneas's other sets are much more popular, but it's not necessarily an unviable set, just a much more limited option.
3. Yes

hyw

Banned deucer.
Psyshock should be staple and Grass Knot filler on an Latios set as Psyshock is a valuable secondary STAB that hits the physically defensive side, Life Orb is awful Specs is a lot better if you want to go non-Geomancy, and White Herb is awful use Focus Sash or Power Herb + Geomancy (see Antacool).

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
and White Herb is awful use Focus Sash
I wasn't talking about using a White Herb on the Pokémon using Shell Smash, I was talking about using a White Herb on the Pokémon that receives the boosts from Shell Smash via Baton Pass.

Can someone guide me to which forum I could ask this question, or if they could answer it themselves, that'd be nice too---
Has anyone tried darkening the pics from the corocoro april issue to try to get the lines under the whited out part?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Can someone guide me to which forum I could ask this question, or if they could answer it themselves, that'd be nice too---
Has anyone tried darkening the pics from the corocoro april issue to try to get the lines under the whited out part?
You'll want to go ask in the Orange Islands subforum. They have a thread dedicated to Sun and Moon.

Question of my own. Anyone have a quick outline on what a HO team should look like? My first guess would be Deo-Speed Lead or Scolipede. Thanks!

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question of my own. Anyone have a quick outline on what a HO team should look like? My first guess would be Deo-Speed Lead or Scolipede. Thanks!
The most common build is Deoxys-S/Primal Groudon (SD + RP)/Xerneas (Geomancy)/Arceus (EKiller)/Mega Salamence (offensive DD)/Darkrai (NP LO). Mega Gengar/Rayquaza > Mega Salamence/Darkrai is a common variation.

You can dig around in the Ubers Teambuilding Workshop thread to find some Scolipede teams. Cloyster is also a decently common HO lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)