Gen 6 Silly things on the Ubers ladder that just HAPPENED to screw you over

Don't have the replay but just picture this...

I was using the bog standard ORAS HO featuring a BlockRest GeoXern and I was facing a Mega Diancie + Ho-oh Balance core with Keys, I lead off with Xern expecting the Diancie lead because I was not in the mood for mind games.

My opponent went for protect while I just Geomanced right up then my opponent switched straight into Klefki while I did a whopping 71% damage with Moon Blast and of course my opponent went for T Wave while I just Blocked him right in.

However I then quickly realized that I was at full HP, so I couldn't Rest of the Paralysis meaning we just sat there for 55 turns PP stalling Klefki just kept clicking Spikes and Toxic while I was trying to fish out as many Paralysis'es as I could, I didn't get enough.

Eventually I ran out off PP and was forced to click Moon Blast which of course murdered the key chain and I was lucky enough to fish out as MINUMIN 2 kills then of course there was a combination of hax, setup, living hits, hazard removal all toped of by Arceus-Dragon living a 2+ P Blades from DD PDon and slaying my MMence with Judgment.

TL:DR It was the most unbearable stalemate ever.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: ? HP / 252 Atk / ?
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- ?

This thing owned my mence and I assumed it was safe, only to be donked by avalanche on the return, gonna assume it was bulky, because mence didnt do much to it

These ones didn't screwed me over, but oh man, these things deserve some mentioning.

Darkrai @ no idea
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: Whatever
-Nasty Plot
-Taunt
-Knock Off
-Shadow Claw

Maybe it wanted to lure Blissey and knock off her lefties...but this set is still stupid. Oh it is also worth mentioning that my Arceus Water (290 spe) managed to outspeed Darkrai...this is just embarrassing, it doesnt even have Dark Void.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: Don't know
-Rain Dance
-Blizzard
-???
-???

:v4:what!?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-412426175 -This is a room tour instead of ladder, but it's still golden
IGottaStick sent out Master Chief (Genesect)!
[Opposing Master Chief's Download!]
The opposing Master Chief's Special Attack rose!
Turn 14

The opposing Master Chief used Shift Gear!
The opposing Master Chief's Speed rose sharply! The opposing Master Chief's Attack rose!

Arceus used Swords Dance!
Arceus's Attack rose sharply!
Turn 15

Arceus used Extreme Speed!
It's not very effective... The opposing Master Chief lost 70% of its health!
The opposing Master Chief held up its Red Card against Arceus!

Xerneas was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Xerneas!
[Xerneas's Fairy Aura!]
Xerneas is radiating a fairy aura!

The opposing Master Chief used Iron Head!
It's super effective! Xerneas lost 88% of its health!

Xerneas fainted!
^This + his E-Killer critting Salamence ended up screwing the game over.

ok ok ok.

so it wasn't really SILLY. It was a >1600 rated battle, so my opponent wasn't stupid. In fact, his team was probably better than mine.

so at about turn 45 or so, we both have 2 mons left; I have zong and a 40% pdon, and he has geoxern and aegislash.

I switch in my pdon on aegislash, fully confidently -

that is, until SHADOW BALL AEGISLASH HAPPENS.

it's literally the exact same set as the standard one, with Shadow Ball > Pursuit. The rest of his team was pretty standard, with the exception being resttalk xern (only semistandard).

holy shit man. I'm shook.

Oh man, I am really sorry for double posting but I finally found a set that REALLY screwed me over,
I was laddering with a stall team from the sample teams forum (which is great by the way) until I came across this monster.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
- Knock Off
- Steel Wing
- Dark Pulse
- no idea
RIP Tyranitar.
Maybe he wanted to lure and kill Xerneas and KO it but even then it doesn't OHKO it even after SR and gives it a free Geomancy boost, so I don't think it this lure is viable enough to be considered a non silly set.

EDIT: Wow it seems like today (12 november) Steel Wing Choice Band Yveltal actually became a new thing, oh well I guess it isn't that silly anymore, so Shrang can delete this post if he wants.

Last edited:
Oh man, I am really sorry for double posting bua t I finally found a set that REALLY screwed me over,
I was laddering with a stall team from the sample teams forum (which is great by the way) until I came across this monster.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
- Knock Off
- Steel Wing
- Dark Pulse
- no idea
RIP Tyranitar.
Maybe he wanted to lure and kill Xerneas and KO it but even then it doesn't OHKO it even after SR and gives it a free Geomancy boost, so I don't think it this lure is viable enough to be considered a non silly set.
If he carries enough attack investment, it 2HKO's, meaning it can't switch in, as it proceeds to get 2HKO'd if it's not scarf.
If it has taken prior damage, then a possible 4th move Sucker Punch can finish off the job, so you don't even have to worry about scarf.
It still is a silly set though, thought I'd explain the use of it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-330164506

Arceus @ Lum ?
- THUNDER WAVE
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- ??

some good shit in this replay beyond the twave ekiller btw. commentary coming tomorrow
8 months late, but here's the commentary that I promised:

Turn 2: DPP deo-s set counters my darkrai lead and I died a little bit inside
Turn 5: Thunder Punch Groudon-Primal is specifically only viable for OHKOing Aerodactyl-Mega, which I just happened to have. At this point, I was wondering how the hell this guy has such as an excellent CT.
Turn 9: With p blade and focus miss misses, I lose my mind a little bit, especially after being outplayed by brilliant sets such as Superpower Deoxys-Speed and Thunderpunch Groudon-Primal.
Turn 10: Of course, he tries to violate sleep clause and gives me a chance to win.
Turn 15: After pulling myself together and getting myself into a favorable position, and I was ready to win with my Geomancy Xerneas and Primal Groudon! Nothing could go wrong right? Right?

Arceus used Thunder Wave!
The opposing Xerneas is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Turn 16: The opposing Xerneas is paralyzed! It can't move!

GG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)