Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ion Deluge

Ion Deluge is a very decent 4th move for Chinchou. With a priority, Ion Deluge allows Chinchou to block scarfed normal mons such as Bunnelby and Doduo. Ion Deluge can spinblock on some mons (Staryu before taking 70%, Tentacool and even Drilbur if you try to mindfuck) and make the 1vs1 more difficult for Porygon and Special Taillow. In general, this is a very cool "surprise move" if you want to make your opponent choke. And the +25% heal is p cool when you saw that a chou w/ evio is not that bulky and need some recover.

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam / Giga Drain
- Encore
- Taunt / Memento
- Nature Power

This is ... surprisingly good ? I think there aren't a lot of person who knows that Nature Power is a "status" move. With Pranskter, Nature Power is +1 priority. On Showdown, it makes Tri Attack. So a 80 BP normal move with 20% of probablity to paralyze, burn or freeze. +1 Tri Attack is very cool (a priority is always cool tbh.) and it is totally forgotten and underplayed. That's really too bad because this is a totally uncommon move who makes a great surprise effect. Nature Power is probably even better on Offensive Cotto.

- Helps to RK Sashbra after destroying his sash, or destroy his sash.
- Helps to KO Fletchling when he is very weakened, like 20/30% of his life. It means that if a midlifed Fltechling arrives on the field with the rocks, he can easily being KOed.
- Helps to KO all the mons who are very weakened (1% to 25%, it depends of the mon).
- Totally unpredictable.
- If you are fine with haxx, burn/freeze/paralysis can win a game.

For fun, one cool calc with LO Offensive Cottonee :

224 SpA Life Orb Cottonee Tri Attack vs. 156 HP / 52 SpD Fletchling: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Two cools underused sets, enjoy.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader

Deerling @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Rest
- Snore​

The idea here is to be as skillful as possible. Yellow Magic deters most threats and abuses forcing out Chinchou and ground types and allows for Snore to be stupid. The EV spread makes Deerling hard counter Drilbur, Cottonee, Chinchou, and Staryu though it forces out a lot more things such as Ferroseed if they are unaware of your set. This itself isn't anything special, however the use of Baton Pass is. Since Deerling is Grass/Normal, Fire-, Fighting-, occasionally Steel-, Poison-, and Ghost-types will almost always switch in. Deerling is the only pokemon which lures in Fighting-types and can pivot out with Baton Pass/U-turn/Volt Switch, which isn't incredibly important unless you run Gothita. Gothita gets in for free versus what it wants to trap and remove now without the inherent risk of doubling. You can also find some success with Digett or Houndour for removing things besides Mienfoo, allowing you to diversify your wincon to other fun things such as Riolu, Smash Dwebble, Rock Polish Amaura, Agility Bunny, or NP Croagunk.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, before I get hit with the "this is unviable!!" call frm dudes who dont know, I assure you this is an effective set that works in specific contexts... and thus consistent w/ the creative part of the thread's title. so w/o further ado:

proboscis of god (Nosepass) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SpA / 40 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Magic Coat / Dazzling Gleam

Bear witness to the only set that matters, scarf nosepass. the genesis for this god came when i wanted to run magnet pull but was turned off by mag getting fucked by a lot of things and not liking sucker from pawn. so i turned here. this this has a surprising kit of useful moves. volt switch creates momentum and also fucks w/ spinner staryu coming in. Power Gem is good STAB, most useful for when ppl think they can use nose as setup or recovery bait. HP Fight is the crux of the set, allowing Nose to trap and KO Pawniard and slightly weakened Bj mag. Magic Coat is super fun for trolling hazards and shit, though u can use dgleam if you feel like munching on knocked off fight switchins. this hits 12 speed btw, so you get past the 15-16-17 mons (most of em) but not like abra or w/e. good luck, pair with something that likes steels gone
you've used this against me so it's legit

Deerling @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Rest
- Snore​

The idea here is to be as skillful as possible. Yellow Magic deters most threats and abuses forcing out Chinchou and ground types and allows for Snore to be stupid. The EV spread makes Deerling hard counter Drilbur, Cottonee, Chinchou, and Staryu though it forces out a lot more things such as Ferroseed if they are unaware of your set. This itself isn't anything special, however the use of Baton Pass is. Since Deerling is Grass/Normal, Fire-, Fighting-, occasionally Steel-, Poison-, and Ghost-types will almost always switch in. Deerling is the only pokemon which lures in Fighting-types and can pivot out with Baton Pass/U-turn/Volt Switch, which isn't incredibly important unless you run Gothita. Gothita gets in for free versus what it wants to trap and remove now without the inherent risk of doubling. You can also find some success with Digett or Houndour for removing things besides Mienfoo, allowing you to diversify your wincon to other fun things such as Riolu, Smash Dwebble, Rock Polish Amaura, Agility Bunny, or NP Croagunk.
added these two

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dumping some cool stuff.

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ion Deluge

Ion Deluge is a very decent 4th move for Chinchou. With a priority, Ion Deluge allows Chinchou to block scarfed normal mons such as Bunnelby and Doduo. Ion Deluge can spinblock on some mons (Staryu before taking 70%, Tentacool and even Drilbur if you try to mindfuck) and make the 1vs1 more difficult for Porygon and Special Taillow. In general, this is a very cool "surprise move" if you want to make your opponent choke. And the +25% heal is p cool when you saw that a chou w/ evio is not that bulky and need some recover.

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam / Giga Drain
- Encore
- Taunt / Memento
- Nature Power

This is ... surprisingly good ? I think there aren't a lot of person who knows that Nature Power is a "status" move. With Pranskter, Nature Power is +1 priority. On Showdown, it makes Tri Attack. So a 80 BP normal move with 20% of probablity to paralyze, burn or freeze. +1 Tri Attack is very cool (a priority is always cool tbh.) and it is totally forgotten and underplayed. That's really too bad because this is a totally uncommon move who makes a great surprise effect. Nature Power is probably even better on Offensive Cotto.

- Helps to RK Sashbra after destroying his sash, or destroy his sash.
- Helps to KO Fletchling when he is very weakened, like 20/30% of his life. It means that if a midlifed Fltechling arrives on the field with the rocks, he can easily being KOed.
- Helps to KO all the mons who are very weakened (1% to 25%, it depends of the mon).
- Totally unpredictable.
- If you are fine with haxx, burn/freeze/paralysis can win a game.

For fun, one cool calc with LO Offensive Cottonee :

224 SpA Life Orb Cottonee Tri Attack vs. 156 HP / 52 SpD Fletchling: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Two cools underused sets, enjoy.
Completely honest question here, do you use these before you post them? Ion Deluge would be pretty neat if it actually had priority, but as it stands it's a joke of a move. You also talk about LO Cott but then give a defensive Cott set? Like idk man if you can hit me with some replays or something I'd feel better about adding these

Completely honest question here, do you use these before you post them? Ion Deluge would be pretty neat if it actually had priority, but as it stands it's a joke of a move. You also talk about LO Cott but then give a defensive Cott set? Like idk man if you can hit me with some replays or something I'd feel better about adding these
Ion Deluge does have +1 priority.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
Ion Deluge does have +1 priority.
My bad, but I still don't see any actually practical applications outside of stopping Doduo and I guess Taillow. Bunnelby threatens with EQ, Drilbur as well, and your turn would be better spent Volt Switching or TBolting Staryu or Tentacool.

I also got Ion Deluge and Magnet Rise mixed up when I said that *~*

If you've got replays tho svalk I'd love to see em

Berks

has a Calm Mind
Hello! You all may have noticed the new tag on this thread (it's changed from Resource to Project) and here's why: I'm starting a project in here! Crazy, right?

Here's the idea: every week or so, I'll update the OP with a new mon and then bam! We try to come up with (or bring back in some cases) some really cool sets for the mon that reflect its roles and meta matchup. Idk if there'll be like, a winner or anything, but it'll be an interesting way to develop some interesting new sets in a stable meta.

The question is: which mon is first?

The first Pokemon is the ever-versatile and newly S-rank Porygon! What're your best and favorite Porygon sets, and how do they stack up in the current meta?

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 156 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [Fire]

SpDef Download Pory. The extra special bulk lets it fare a lot better vs several strong special attackers, avoiding the OHKO after Stealth Rock from SS Omanyte and avoiding the 2HKO from threats like Life Orb Gastly without rocks, while still getting relevant KOes.

+2 196+ SpA Omanyte Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Sludge Bomb vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-13 (36 - 52%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
200+ SpA Adaptability Skrelp Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
200 SpA Life Orb Staryu Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-13 (36 - 52%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
+1 236+ SpA Porygon Tri Attack vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
+1 76+ SpA Porygon Psychic vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 20-24 (95.2 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

POOCHYENA (M) @ EVIOLITE | QUICK FEET ** SON OF A BITCH
BOLD NATURE | 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
REST
SLEEP TALK
HEAL BELL
SNARL
Okay friends, this right here is one of the single greatest creations of all time. This is up there with Twinkies and alcohol. All joking aside, Poochyena is legit. It's a cute check to special attackers and a cleric for bulkier teams and it abuses Quick Feet while it's asleep! Try it out. Just don't switch it in on HP Fighting :[

Alternatively, you can use a physically attacking set with Sucker Punch and Crunch over Heal Bell and Snarl if you want to have more of an offensive presence. Other options on Poochyena include Roar, Taunt, Thief, and Play Rough. Enjoy!
Poochyena (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heal Bell
- Snarl

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Too Hot, Too Spice (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpA / 116 Spe
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Thief
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat

Ferroseed has always been known as a good Snubbull counter, due to it's resisting of Play Rough and it's typing and bulk meaning it can eat up a Play Rough or Thief. Well, screw that shit Snubbull learns Overheat! Basically, this set acts as a neat lure for Ferro and Pawniard as Overheat roasts Ferro pretty well, especially if you've eaten your BJ and can Thief Ferro's Eviolite. Pawn doesn't die to Overheat, but still takes a large chunk. Overall, this is a neat lure set that's caught many people off guard, and I hope you like it!

Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Thief
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat

Ferroseed has always been known as a good Snubbull counter, due to it's resisting of Play Rough and it's typing and bulk meaning it can eat up a Play Rough or Thief. Well, screw that shit Snubbull learns Overheat! Basically, this set acts as a neat lure for Ferro and Pawniard as Overheat roasts Ferro pretty well, especially if you've eaten your BJ and can Thief Ferro's Eviolite. Pawn doesn't die to Overheat, but still takes a large chunk. Overall, this is a neat lure set that's caught many people off guard, and I hope you like it!
I've actually used this as well, though with a different spread, and I definitely think it's a cool Ferro lure. should be noted that Fire Punch will do pretty much the exact same damage as Overheat, though you do get to dodge Iron Barbs with Overheat, which is nice. I think it's useful to pair this with something like Shellder, who really appreciates Ferro being removed.
Oh, and regarding CC: yeah, you can use that too, and it definitely deals with Pawn better. But, Overheat also helps cripple Foongus, which is another annoting thing to Snubbs.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
These sets dont belong here, but they're homeless and this is the closest thread to one that fits. They're reworkings, kinda, of well-known sets, one of which works better and one of which works differently than the typical.

@ Eviolite
Trait: Solid Rock
Evs: 84 HP / 52 Atk / 92 Def / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Scald blows, dont run it. trying to dick things w/ scald burns is a little gross: you give up Speed (in the form of nature), priority, and power simply to have a chance at a 30% effect. Run this instead. Solid HP at 23, 18 Def is all you need, 14 SpD w/ the Evs listed, a very nice 9 Speed. Adamant nature means it hits spinners as hard as it has to to threaten then. Rocks if you need them, Ajet is a surprisingly strong priority technique. Knock Off is the centerpiece of Lc Offense, so use it. Stone Edge is a rather strong threatening STAB. I tooled around with Rock Tomb for a bit before disliking how it made me Snivyweak and didn't really help with 9 speed anyway. Not really Creative just (imo) Better

@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Evs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe (i think)
Nature: Timid
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute

o_0 if u wanna run something to beat Stunky (perhaps for the Ghosts in your life) while retaining nearly all your typical value, look no further than this edition of Abra. HPGROUND obv fucks the One True Counter if u catch it on the switchin; you then beat the Sucker by subbing. Dazzling Gleam also gets at dark-type ""checks"" and bonks them. Mostly you use Psychic as is typical but this coverage really isnt bad

@ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Glare / Knock Off
- Filler

Imagine that you've made a kill with Snivy's Leaf Storm, and you are still full (This is not very difficult, just finish a slower mon). You are +2 spatk. The opponent thinks "Ok this is annoying, I don't want to take risks, I'll go with Fletchling. In the worse case this is evio Snivy and without bad luck, I may kill it."

But.

Evio Snivy : 196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Snivy: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Snivy: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Coba Berry Snivy : 196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Snivy: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Snivy: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

So after taking Acro (or he decided to u-turn, and result is the same in better for you. Or you are one of the most unlucky guy in the world.), just click HP Ice. :)
+2 240 SpA Snivy Hidden Power Ice vs. 156 HP / 52 SpD Fletchling: 22-28 (95.6 - 121.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

This thing is not made in order to sweep (you are too weakened after taking acrobatics), but Coba Berry Snivy will lure and kill fletchling for another sweeper, like Scarf Mienfoo, LO Carvanha, LO Abra... Anything that can sweep when Fletchling is gone. Another good possible teammate in balanced teams is Numel, who can deal with Magnemite and Foongus who can be problematic (Leaf Storm + HP Ice at +2 does not kill).

Cool other lure from cute user TCR :

Snivy @ Coba Berry
EVs: 80 Def / 236 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare / Knock Off
- Filler

Less speed, but a little bit bulkier who allows to totally avoid OHKO with SR. Also this is really decent in order to hit Larvesta, and fire types in general.

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Coba Berry Snivy: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
finally someone else agrees that type berries are the best, my nigga you are my favorite lc user right now

Honestly though, you're better off running HP Rock and a more bulky EV spread so as to hit Larvesta as well and to be able to live Acro after Rocks damage. HP Ice doesn't really accomplish much in the form of coverage, other than hitting Foongus which you don't KO anyway, and you're better off running something like Numel who partners well with Snivy to bop things like Magnemite and Foongus

finally someone else agrees that type berries are the best, my nigga you are my favorite lc user right now

Honestly though, you're better off running HP Rock and a more bulky EV spread so as to hit Larvesta as well and to be able to live Acro after Rocks damage. HP Ice doesn't really accomplish much in the form of coverage, other than hitting Foongus which you don't KO anyway, and you're better off running something like Numel who partners well with Snivy to bop things like Magnemite and Foongus
god this is the chople Berry Amaura's user. Let's be friend !
These suggestions are very cool ! The idea of running HP Ice was killing Fletchling + hit 17 spd.
The goal of this is to have a "usable mon" even if the opponent does not play Fletchling.
Anw your version of this is also really cool, and offers more security. I will add this, thanks a lot :)

Snivy @ Coba Berry
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare / Knock Off
- Filler

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Coba Berry Snivy: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
H&MBerkeley I removed all size and color formatting from the second post in the thread because it was all messed up; I fixed all the hide tag anomalies in the process. Make sure that when you add the formatting back in, you highlight individual areas you want the color or size changed - leaving color or size tags open screws with the BBCode because it has to close them somewhere.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
One might say this set is flames, another may try to Ice Beam it

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-304151058

GG (Porygon) @ Metronome
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Agility
Porygon @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 156 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [Fire]

SpDef Download Pory. The extra special bulk lets it fare a lot better vs several strong special attackers, avoiding the OHKO after Stealth Rock from SS Omanyte and avoiding the 2HKO from threats like Life Orb Gastly without rocks, while still getting relevant KOes.

+2 196+ SpA Omanyte Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Sludge Bomb vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-13 (36 - 52%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
200+ SpA Adaptability Skrelp Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
200 SpA Life Orb Staryu Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-13 (36 - 52%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
+1 236+ SpA Porygon Tri Attack vs. 156 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
+1 76+ SpA Porygon Psychic vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 20-24 (95.2 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Thief
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat

These sets dont belong here, but they're homeless and this is the closest thread to one that fits. They're reworkings, kinda, of well-known sets, one of which works better and one of which works differently than the typical.

@ Eviolite
Trait: Solid Rock
Evs: 84 HP / 52 Atk / 92 Def / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Scald blows, dont run it. trying to dick things w/ scald burns is a little gross: you give up Speed (in the form of nature), priority, and power simply to have a chance at a 30% effect. Run this instead. Solid HP at 23, 18 Def is all you need, 14 SpD w/ the Evs listed, a very nice 9 Speed. Adamant nature means it hits spinners as hard as it has to to threaten then. Rocks if you need them, Ajet is a surprisingly strong priority technique. Knock Off is the centerpiece of Lc Offense, so use it. Stone Edge is a rather strong threatening STAB. I tooled around with Rock Tomb for a bit before disliking how it made me Snivyweak and didn't really help with 9 speed anyway. Not really Creative just (imo) Better

@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Evs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe (i think)
Nature: Timid
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute

o_0 if u wanna run something to beat Stunky (perhaps for the Ghosts in your life) while retaining nearly all your typical value, look no further than this edition of Abra. HPGROUND obv fucks the One True Counter if u catch it on the switchin; you then beat the Sucker by subbing. Dazzling Gleam also gets at dark-type ""checks"" and bonks them. Mostly you use Psychic as is typical but this coverage really isnt bad
@ Coba Berry
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Glare / Knock Off
- Filler

Imagine that you've made a kill with Snivy's Leaf Storm, and you are still full (This is not very difficult, just finish a slower mon). You are +2 spatk. The opponent thinks "Ok this is annoying, I don't want to take risks, I'll go with Fletchling. In the worse case this is evio Snivy and without bad luck, I may kill it."

But.

Evio Snivy : 196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Snivy: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Snivy: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Coba Berry Snivy : 196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Snivy: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Snivy: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

So after taking Acro (or he decided to u-turn, and result is the same in better for you. Or you are one of the most unlucky guy in the world.), just click HP Ice. :)
+2 240 SpA Snivy Hidden Power Ice vs. 156 HP / 52 SpD Fletchling: 22-28 (95.6 - 121.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

This thing is not made in order to sweep (you are too weakened after taking acrobatics), but Coba Berry Snivy will lure and kill fletchling for another sweeper, like Scarf Mienfoo, LO Carvanha, LO Abra... Anything that can sweep when Fletchling is gone. Another good possible teammate in balanced teams is Numel, who can deal with Magnemite and Foongus who can be problematic (Leaf Storm + HP Ice at +2 does not kill).

Cool other lure from cute user TCR :

Snivy @ Coba Berry
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare / Knock Off
- Filler

Less speed, but a little bit bulkier who allows to totally avoid OHKO with SR. Also this is really decent in order to hit Larvesta, and fire types in general.

I added these n_n

H&MBerkeley I removed all size and color formatting from the second post in the thread because it was all messed up; I fixed all the hide tag anomalies in the process. Make sure that when you add the formatting back in, you highlight individual areas you want the color or size changed - leaving color or size tags open screws with the BBCode because it has to close them somewhere.
Thanks so much for your help Arctic! I'll be careful with the BBCode now for sure.

If you hadn't noticed, the Index is now divided (to avoid that bastard post count) between the S - A ranks and the B - everything else ranks! However, that first index post is looking a little thin ... lets get another A rank going huh?? We had a couple good Porygon submissions and one other submission that was definitely something ... why don't we fill out the S-tier?

The next mon on the Innovation Slate is Mienfoo! Mienfoo is all but beaten to death when it comes to innovation due to its longstanding in the top tier of the metagame ... but what've y'all got??

Again, please remember that all innovations are accepted during this time, but Mienfoo submissions are especially encouraged!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab / High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Not really innovative but SD Mienfoo is still pretty rare, and I actually really like it. While SD Pancham is an arguably better wallbreaker, Mienfoo has more bulk and Regenerator, allowing to switch in multiple times on the things it checks. Set is pretty standard, with Poison Jab for Snubbull and other Fairies, or you can choose HJK for stupidly high power after a Swords Dance.

Also Feint is an option, albeit not the best one, to pick off weakened mons that threaten Mienfoo's sweep.

+2 236 Atk Mienfoo Feint vs. 156 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 7-9 (30.4 - 39.1%) -- 85.5% chance to 3HKO
+2 236 Atk Mienfoo Feint vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 10-12 (52.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 236 Atk Mienfoo Feint vs. 132 HP / 108 Def Zigzagoon: 7-9 (31.8 - 40.9%) -- 98.4% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dumping shit in here because i was told to by users slurmz and H&MBerkeley

thank them

Brittney Brittany (Gastly) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 Atk / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sucker Punch

Endgame sweeper set designed to toy with your opponent's Pawniard if it's still alive. It also runs a priority move to pick off weakened threats. Hex and Venoshock double in power when the opponent is statused (Poisoned if Venoshock) so try to set Toxic Spikes in order to help wear the enemy team down and come in for the kill.

Razy Hazy (Gastly) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock / Will-o-Wisp
- Substitute
- Disable

Another endgame sweeping set that takes a more safe approach. Disabling Knock Off from Pokemon who dont have alternate moves to hit Gastly with like Mienfoo, and Timburr really takes the piss out of them and allows you to slowly kill them. Replacing Venoshock with Wow will allow you to really upset physical attackers.

Burning Desire (Litwick) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

Litwick has interesting resists thanks to it's Fire typing. With access to Wow + Hex it's able to wallbreak non-Normal walls. Fire Blast is an alternative STAB while Pain Split helps it get some HP back. It's best to use this set with a Cleric with Wish to keep it in the game longer.

プルリル (Frillish) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Hex
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Frillish's take on Wow + Hex is different than most. Frillish is bulkier than most other ghosts and has a usable secondary STAB in Scald. If you're running HPump you're free to run Wow to score your burns. However if you're not running HPump i recommend that you run of the the various coverage moves Frillish has at it's disposal.

(ik wrong size)
Bumblepumpkin (Pumpkaboo-Small) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 36 Def / 244 SpA / 76 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN HP
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Pumpkaboo is able to catch it's switch-ins on a Webs team and nail them with powerful special attacks. Giga Drain is more preferred because you're able to heal off some of the damage you're taking with Life Orb but Energy Ball is able to do more damage. Rememer that you have literally no bulk. The EVs tossed in will not save you in most situations.

Poogie (Swinub) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Ice Shard

The only LC Pokemon with access to the most coveted of moves for Ice types doesnt bode well when you have a terrible SpA stat. However with investment and LO and webs we can make the most of what we have. The power is enough to 2HKO most bulky water types in the meta. Insane! Edgequake makes great coverage in any case. Ice Shard is to pick off the weaklings.

Pirch (Helioptile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 16 Def / 188 SpA / 100 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null HP
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Glare
- Surf
- U-turn

My bread and butter Helio set now. TBolt + Surf is great coverage and serves it well. U-Turn keeps pesky Grounds from locking you in if you used Volt Switch and well you can bring in your own chekc to that Ground type. Glare is an upgraded TWave bypassing the Elec block vs Grounds so you can paralyse them on the switch and smash them with Surf.

Goliath (Helioptile) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 12 Def / 192 SpA / 92 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Even though i hate Volt Switch's uselessness versus Grounds with a passion, I cannot deny that this set still works. Taking away the power in TBolt and the momoentum in U-Turn and turning it into Voltswitch frees up a slot for HP Ground with hits one of the main things Helio has trouble with. Enemy Electrics. Namely Chinchou and Magnemite.

La Muerte (Phantump) @ Oran Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 196 Atk / 52 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Phantom Force
- Horn Leech

This set NEEDS TSpikes and Webs support. Then all you have to do is simply stall. SubTect is one of the easiest strats to whip out, keeping it up however is the hard part. This is where Phantom Force comes in. With three moves protecting you and your HP slowly dwindling, you'll need to refill somehow. Enter the Oran + Harvest combo and the Horn Leech STAB option. Both will allow you to somewhat stay at Full HP.

Ribberto (Froakie) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Protean
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Ice Beam / Taunt

A TSpiker that isnt Poison type? Protean aside, Froak is one of the faster setters and has a splendid movepool to support its endeavors. With a plethora of STAB options it's hard to pick two. Fortunately we just stick with Water + Grass / Ice to simplfy things. Taunt can be ran to catch those slower SR leads off guard. U-Turn lets you run when things get dicey as well.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
This is totally my idea /s

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bullet Seed

This works really well I swear. EVs can be changed as needed. It tanks really well and after enough curse it can even tank Mienfoo high jump kick.

236+ Atk Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. +6 84 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 6-8 (27.2 - 36.3%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO

See really good I swear.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
This is totally my idea /s

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bullet Seed

This works really well I swear. EVs can be changed as needed. It tanks really well and after enough curse it can even tank Mienfoo high jump kick.

236+ Atk Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. +6 84 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 6-8 (27.2 - 36.3%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO

See really good I swear.
why are you only using 312 EVs on the spread and then gave a calc against a completely different spread

But more seriously, besides the obvious issues with fire types and strong special attackers, the main thing that kills this set is how high it needs to boost before it can be threatening. Most if not all viable fighting types can take it on very well, and Ferroseed can't even threaten to cripple Mienfoo for the rest of the match with Thunder Wave because it needs all four moves on the set. Sure, it's surprising, but it's also kind of a waste of Ferroseed's immense support abilities for a substandard sweeper set.

yeah ik you're not completely serious (I hope) but still

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpA / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is the ponyta I've topped the ladder with on my team. The special attack over physical isn't really a big deal, the notable thing about this is that I invest fully in defense and focus solely on having something that can burn things and stay alive while wearing down opponents. In that respect, the lack of recoil with flareblitz does help and gives you a way to beat bulk up timburr. The 18 speed I think is really a great choice because the 19 doesnt beat out any physical threats it needs to. Tying with aipom doesnt matter because after a fury swipes its likely been burned. This pony is a great switch in to mienfoo, even if it has stone edge.

Buneary (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 188 HP / 84 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Healing Wish

Healing Wish is so incredibly strong. With 19 Speed, Buneary is the fastest Healing Wish user and greatly exceeded my expectations outside of that. Spreading paralysis is obviously very annoying for offensive teams, as Buneary doesn't really need health to do its job of late game Healing Wish, you can actually just send it in after something dies and "revenge para" before switching out or using Healing Wish. With Eviolite and defensive investment it is surprisingly bulky, not dying to anything that isn't a fighting move, tanking things like Adamant Corphish Crabhammer and LO Abra Psychic and even uninvested Mienfoo Drain Punch, and responding with Thunder Wave. Heal Bell is obviously awesome, although you could run something else like Baton Pass or Magic Coat or Encore or Jump Kick to lure Pawniard or Fake Out / Quick Attack. Its movepool is huge and people will probably think you're some weird Trick or passer set because of it.

196+ Atk Adaptability Corphish Crabhammer vs. 156 HP / 84 Def Eviolite Buneary: 16-20 (66.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

240 SpA Life Orb Abra Psychic vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Buneary: 16-19 (66.6 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Buneary Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 18-22 (94.7 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. 156 HP / 84 Def Eviolite Buneary: 14-20 (58.3 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Buneary Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 20-24 (95.2 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 156 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 156 HP / 84 Def Eviolite Buneary: 16-21 (66.6 - 87.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Of course it has garbage defensive typing, but the ability to bring back a pokemon from the brink of death to sweep again after its counters have been weakened is insane.

It's also adorable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)