Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
How about this spread?
31/27/31/31/24/31
Man, that is cutting it close, but after awhile of arguing with myself and going over irrelevant calcs, I would probably settle with that; especially if you aren't using your Master Ball on it. I would keep although it is cutting it close. (I usually like to have at least 4 31s and the rest over 25 but this is an exception I feel)

Man, that is cutting it close, but after awhile of arguing with myself and going over irrelevant calcs, I would probably settle with that; especially if you aren't using your Master Ball on it. I would keep although it is cutting it close. (I usually like to have at least 4 31s and the rest over 25 but this is an exception I feel)
Yeah I was thinking that too. I even KOd Deoxys and went through the barrage of cut scenes to get to the Battle Resort to confirm the perfect IVs. I've been using primer balls to catch it, saving my masterball for a rare shiny.

Good thing I got Powersaves and this time I uploaded the save on my computer, but I decided to keep this. I know Modest is not really the best nature, but SRing this is a real pain and in the end, I thought it is worth it as a special Rayquaza. Plus, again, I uploaded the save onto my computer, so I can always go back to it. I have an Adamant Shiny 27/30/29/29/30/31 Ray that I RNGed from Ruby Version which has a lot of sentimental value to me and basically outclasses this event in my opinion. I also have a lot of other Rayquazas and I don't play official tournaments, don't have time.

Modest 30/x/31/30/31/31
So I'm actually playing in the VGC games this year, and because of that, I knew that Modest Ray was not viable in the metagame. Luckily, I had Powersaves, so I wanted to reset again because I really needed a Kalos native Rayquaza of my own. This was a real pain in the ass to do, but I finally got a viable version that can use Dragon Ascent.

Naive 28/28/31/30/31/31

This was real hard to do. Real exhausting as well. I kind of wish that it had flawless offenses, but due to diminishing returns and the fact that there is a fine line between being a perfectionist and being absolutely crazy and having it interfere with other aspects of life, this is as probably as good as it's gonna get for me. As a Mega Rayquaza, the offenses should only be a 1% difference from flawless. I am really happy that I got this in the amount of time that I did. This time, I have better time management, better circadian rhythm, and overall better habits. I will definitely be playing this year and I look forward to seeing all of you :).

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I kept a Hasty 31/22/24or25/31/31/31 Hoopa due to a lack of patience and want to know if it's usable or if I should trade for someone else's. By the way, It has HP Ice

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here but familiar with the IV concepts and stuff.
Just found my third usable Bold Yveltal and caught it in a Luxury Ball (shoutout to Buckert's guide on 6th gen SRs), its Defense IV is 30 though...
Exact spread is: 31/x/30/25/31/31 (HP Water)
I'm actually aiming for 31/x/31/x/31/31 (no 30s) because I won't be planning on using Heat Wave on bulky Yveltal, should I keep it? I've dumped two other Yveltals with the same IV spread and nature (31/x/30/x/31/31) and a 30-31/28-29/30-31/x/30-31/30-31 Impish one, and getting desperate :P
Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Edit: On my file of X, I have also obtained a 23/31/31/31/25/27 Impish Zygarde. Should I keep that? (Even in a Dusk Ball, Zygarde is so tough to catch.)

Edit 2: Tossed both.

Last edited:

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
2 hours into SR'ing for a Naive Yveltal. I've got a Naive Ralts leading and I'm just using my Master Ball to catch. Is this worth keeping or should i keep going? I don't really mind continuing to SR but I just want to make sure I'm not passing up something pretty decent or if the odds are better for me to find better:

Yveltal
Naive
31/22-23/31/24-25/31/31

201 HP
147 Atk
115 Def
148 SpA
106 SpD
130 Spe

I'm doing damage calcs and the difference between all 31's and this IV spread is half a percent and there is no true change between KO's... so I think that's okay then right?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
2 hours into SR'ing for a Naive Yveltal. I've got a Naive Ralts leading and I'm just using my Master Ball to catch. Is this worth keeping or should i keep going? I don't really mind continuing to SR but I just want to make sure I'm not passing up something pretty decent or if the odds are better for me to find better:

Yveltal
Naive
31/22-23/31/24-25/31/31

201 HP
147 Atk
115 Def
148 SpA
106 SpD
130 Spe

I'm doing damage calcs and the difference between all 31's and this IV spread is half a percent and there is no true change between KO's... so I think that's okay then right?

Thanks!
The IVs are fairly good, buuuuut Rash/Mild is probably a better nature. If you're going Naive you're doing an offensive variant I'd assume, and you don't really need +speed on Yveltal in Ubers. As for the IVs, since you really do want to reset for Nature (+Spa lets you do cool stuff like 2HKO 184/0 Xerneas after rocks 98.4% of the time with Oblivion Wing if you're LO), there's not much harm in trying to get better attacking stats.

If you're trying to do this for VGC I have no clue what kind of spread would be best and for all I know you actually do want Naive.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
The IVs are fairly good, buuuuut Rash/Mild is probably a better nature. If you're going Naive you're doing an offensive variant I'd assume, and you don't really need +speed on Yveltal in Ubers. As for the IVs, since you really do want to reset for Nature (+Spa lets you do cool stuff like 2HKO 184/0 Xerneas after rocks 98.4% of the time with Oblivion Wing if you're LO), there's not much harm in trying to get better attacking stats.

If you're trying to do this for VGC I have no clue what kind of spread would be best and for all I know you actually do want Naive.
Yeah this is for VGC so perfect! I'm doing a special variant with Foul Play so attack never really matters, just have it there in case i decide i want to go full physical. I thought about rash/mild but if i decide to tailwind I'd rather speed tie a perfect speed Xerneas under Geomancy. Either way thanks for the help!

Latios - #381 (Timid) : 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 20 - 23 / 31 / 20, 22 / 31

I'm inclined to keep, but how important are Def and SpD on such an aggressive 'mon?

Just got this Yveltal:

Rash 30/27/31/31/31/30

Is the Attack IV too low, or is it good enough? Also, does Yveltal need perfect Speed, or is 30 fine?

So I did a level progression with Rare Candies on my Hoopa because to my surprise, all of the stats were potential 31s, so I basically inputted the stats at level 50, 51, and 52 and got an IV spread of: 31/31/30/31/30/31. Firstly, is there any easier way of IV checking if you're not far enough in the game for the IV judge? And secondly, it's Naive. I know that Hoopa-U generally runs Hasty if using a mixed set since its defense is already horrible whereas its special defense is great. So is Naive even usable? Thanks!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So I did a level progression with Rare Candies on my Hoopa because to my surprise, all of the stats were potential 31s, so I basically inputted the stats at level 50, 51, and 52 and got an IV spread of: 31/31/30/31/30/31. Firstly, is there any easier way of IV checking if you're not far enough in the game for the IV judge? And secondly, it's Naive. I know that Hoopa-U generally runs Hasty if using a mixed set since its defense is already horrible whereas its special defense is great. So is Naive even usable? Thanks!
Hasty is much better, since with Hoopa's really good special defense it can take a hit and KO back. Naive means you can't really do that nearly as well. But, since you've got absolutely fantastic IVs and Naive is potentially usable, it's your call on keeping it.

Hasty is much better, since with Hoopa's really good special defense it can take a hit and KO back. Naive means you can't really do that nearly as well. But, since you've got absolutely fantastic IVs and Naive is potentially usable, it's your call on keeping it.
Yes that's why I'm on the fence... :/

Heyall,

I've been soft resetting for a tankish Heatran with a calm nature and got this one now:

27/19/31/31/31/31

Should I keep / is the Hp stat ok enough ? (at50 it makes a 2 HP difference)

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Heyall,

I've been soft resetting for a tankish Heatran with a calm nature and got this one now:

27/19/31/31/31/31

Should I keep / is the Hp stat ok enough ? (at50 it makes a 2 HP difference)

Personally I'd say that's fine, although if you have the patience to keep going there's no real harm in it. It'd be nice if HP was at 29 or 30, but it shouldn't make all too much of a difference. One of the bigger things to note is that at Level 100 you only get 23 HP from leftovers recovery instead of 24, which is slightly inconvenient, but might not be enough to force a reset.

Latios - #381 (Hasty) : 31 / 17, 19 / 25, 27 / 31 / 31 / 31

It's hasty and has a low Atk, which defeats the purpose of hasty, buttttt...Ugh. Opinions? The EQ damage calcs at 50 don't change muuuch. It's not like Latios is a physical sponge regardless? I'm simultaneously trying to talk myself into and out of keeping it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)