Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

OU and Ubers viability rankings are not at all linked. Klefki for example excels in Ubers but as I understand it, isn't that great in OU. Regular Diancie is very niche and has 2 sets; support and Trick Room, and for whatever reason these sets aren't worthwhile to use in OU (to be fair they are barely worthwhile in Ubers).
I see, thank you. I'm kinda surprised it's as high as C+ if it's barely worthwhile though.

I'm going to assume you mean Multiscale Lugia, although it doesn't affect the answer, which is, believe it or not, yes! The most powerful possible unaffected (by boosts, terrain, abilities, etc. etc) move to hit Lugia with is a Head Smash coming from Mold Breaker Rampardos (which, by the way, is an ABSURDLY powerful attack), and it does this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Lugia: 596-704 (143.2 - 169.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
^with Choice Band

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Lugia: 398-470 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
^without Choice Band

252+ Atk Choice Band Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 298-352 (71.6 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
^with Choice Band, but without Mold Breaker

The only other moves capable of doing such are the OHKO moves (Guillotine, Sheer Cold, Fissure) which aren't legal in competitive play.

Antacool I need you to make a legit Trick Room team for this mon and if you do i will love you forever.

EDIT: I lied, Choice Band Zekrom is able to do it as well, but ONLY Choice Band, and with either Fusion Bolt or Bolt Strike.

No problem Krauersaut!
Here is one of my team with Rampardos (Sheer Force + Rocks Slide version):

solROCKS (Solrock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Fertile (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Judgment
- Trick Room

DD Pdon (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw

SMAAAAAAAA (Rampardos) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Facade

BROKEN (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239607381

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239604369

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239616909

:]

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Will a mold breaker waterfall, hit threw Desolate Land?
No, Mold Breaker only breaks through abilities. Desolate Land is one, sure, but the Water immunity comes from the weather Desolate Land sets. You would need Cloud Nine, Air Lock, or a way to change the weather (Delta Stream / Primordial Sea) in order to hit Primal Groudon with Water-type attacks.

What's the most dominant mega-salamence set at the moment? Is it the jolly natured 252atk/252spe DD set?

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What's the most dominant mega-salamence set at the moment? Is it the jolly natured 252atk/252spe DD set?
That's a very subjective question, and is further varied by the competence of the players and the cohesiveness of their team. In general, the most COMMON (not necessarily better) set is the Jolly 252/252+, but I myself like a spread of 248 HP / 136+ Def / 124 Speed, which gives it an incredible amount of physical bulk while still being fast enough to outpace max speed base 90s.

What is the most flexible nature for Giratina-O, or the nature of Giratina-O's most viable set in the current Meta, excluding Defog sets?

I'm in the process of getting one on Cart, but it's not a Gen 4 source so I can't give it Defog.

Edit: Only just realized this was my 1500th post.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One or more of the Ubers forum mods and, if applicable, the host of the thread you want to take over.

I have a pretty nice sand team with a decent rotation going. My only problem is I don't a have many good special attackers I have a sheer force landorus though that I hope I can use but is better physical therian? One of big things that made me think of it is that it's timid.
This is how I hope to run it special:
Landorus
Timid
Life orb
Sheer force
4hp/252spatk/252spd
1:earth power
2:calm mind
3:focus blast
4:sludge bomb/sludge wave/
5:psychic
Yes I know there are 5 moves but I'm still deciding between them as well.
I'd run a rather normal run of the mill physical landorus if that's what is suggested to me so no need for advice on that aspect.
My only other good special attacker is heatran atm.

use max defense max hp primal kyogre will give you more input than this on sand and its a special attacker also sheer force takes no advantage of sand.

use max defense max hp primal kyogre will give you more input than this on sand and its a special attacker also sheer force takes no advantage of sand.
Wouldn't that change the weather though? Which would weaken my predominantly rock/sand ability based team. Also I'm wondering should I run my landorus special or physical not what other special attackers I should use.

Primal pokemons on opponents teams will always cancel your weather in ubers and you can't even get it up while they are in. that's how mechanics work here. So ogre wont be damaging you its just a good idea on sand in general. Also only possible landorus is special even if its a poor ubers mon because it can switch on nothing and is almost dead weight vs offense.

Use Knock Off over Psychic if you really want to use Landorus; Psychic hits practically nothing in this tier.

Focus Blast does not have a lot of targets neither (bar Arceus, Yveltal, Ferrothorn... ?), since Earth Power already hits very hard most Pokemon weak to Focus Blast. And I suppose you don't want to focus miss against Ekiller. I personally like this set:

Calm Mind / Earth Power / Sludge Wave / HP Ice or Knock Off or Rock Slide

You can also go for a 4 attacks variant which is a good Pokemon to use with sticky web support, or use gravity :)

I hope this ok to post this here:

But I'm currently Soft Resetting Rayquaza (both the story one and Maxsoft code one, on 2 seperate DS's). What is the preferred nature for Mega Ray for AG? The maxsoft one Im just gonna keep whatever nature has near perfect IV's, but for the story one, I can use a syncronizer.

But I'm currently Soft Resetting Rayquaza (both the story one and Maxsoft code one, on 2 seperate DS's). What is the preferred nature for Mega Ray for AG? The maxsoft one Im just gonna keep whatever nature has near perfect IV's, but for the story one, I can use a syncronizer.
I don't think this is the place to post that. This was made for questions regarding the tier ORAS Ubers and not in game questions. I think you should ask this question in the wifi room on server since I'm pretty sure you wont get any answers here.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-are-my-pokémon-ivs-and-nature-good-thread.3490330/, but AG doesn't get discussed much. I'd shoot for an adamant naturen as jolly outspeeds little (except adamant rays I guess) and it gives espeed some raw power

I might be missing something but what is Zekrom doing in B rank of the Viability thread of Ubers? It loses 1-1 to pretty much everything in the S, A and B ranks (except Lugia, Primal Kyogre, Yveltal, Arceus-Water and Ho-oh) and even then, it can't really switch in all that safely against those things either (except Lugia) since Ice Beam(Kyogre), Dark Pulse+Sucker Punch+Foul Play (Yveltal), Will-O-Wisp(Arceus-Water) and Sacred Fire + Earthquake(Ho-oh) are big problems for it.

I might be missing something but what is Zekrom doing in B rank of the Viability thread of Ubers? It loses 1-1 to pretty much everything in the S, A and B ranks (except Lugia, Primal Kyogre, Yveltal, Arceus-Water and Ho-oh) and even then, it can't really switch in all that safely against those things either (except Lugia) since Ice Beam(Kyogre), Dark Pulse+Sucker Punch+Foul Play (Yveltal), Will-O-Wisp(Arceus-Water) and Sacred Fire + Earthquake(Ho-oh) are big problems for it.
It's a very good pokemon once Groudon is down and can even be used to weaken Groudon in order to open up for a Xerneas sweep later on. Also something very important now is that in this meta it can run adamant on scarf which means it can 2hko any Arceus form that does not resist electric. also I can tell you some very solid teams that has only groudon who doesn't get 2hko ed by zekrom so It's a mon deserving of the B rank for its ability to revenge kill and open up for other dangerous sweepers.

It's a very good pokemon once Groudon is down and can even be used to weaken Groudon in order to open up for a Xerneas sweep later on. Also something very important now is that in this meta it can run adamant on scarf which means it can 2hko any Arceus form that does not resist electric. also I can tell you some very solid teams that has only groudon who doesn't get 2hko ed by zekrom so It's a mon deserving of the B rank for its ability to revenge kill and open up for other dangerous sweepers.
How so? Let's take Arceus-Ghost as an example. Zekrom deals 49.6 - 58.9% with Bolt Strike (assuming Scarf and Adamant Nature). Then, Arceus-Ghost simply burns it with Will-O-Wisp and Recover while Bolt Strike fails to KO.

Also, what exactly does Scarf Zekrom revenge? Not GeoXern. Not Mega Mence. Not Groudon-P. Not ExtremeKiller. This means it can't even do it's job properly, which is to revenge kill sweepers.

Sorry if it sounds unappreciative, just that on paper, at least, it seems to not be very good at doing what you claim it does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)