Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I've found that the website which offers the encounter table(http://eggmove.com) is unaccessible recently.(the domain is for sale~)

So where can I get the encounter lists of the 3rd & 4th generation pokemon games now?

Could someone provide me with a website, or an excel file? Thanks.
Ok, this is really rough (not sure how accurate it is...using Google Translate) but:
Platinum
Diamond
Pearl
HG
SS

They don't always catch all of the words so you can try refreshing the page or just copy/paste the original Japanese into Google. Again, no idea how accurate/helpful it is as I know zero Japanese and Google's might be a bit rusty. Everything was taken from Maruamyu.net
Hope that helps someone until we can get better ones :)

edit: oh, and Google's auto-detect language doesn't translate the page. You have to choose Japanese.

Thank you! Could I also just do the calls once to determine how much theyre shifting my frame (0,1, 2, 3...), and then keep that in mind for later when I do it for real?

Also, I seem to be hitting close to my delay now (I needed to switch to an odd delay, so I inserted Ruby cart, opened the game but did NOT select the file, then powered off, removed the cart, and I was able to hit some odd delays in the vicinity).

I'm going for 1057, however, (according to my roamer locations) sometimes I'll hit close to the right delay, but it seems to correspond to the wrong second. So for example, I just hit 1063, but the second that it corresponded to was 11:59:51, rather than 11:59:50...if I hit the right delay but it corresponds to a second of 51 rather than the target of 50 that I put in EonTimer, will that mean I won't get the IVs I originally used to generate my seed? Sorry if this is confusing...

Thank you! Could I also just do the calls once to determine how much theyre shifting my frame (0,1, 2, 3...), and then keep that in mind for later when I do it for real?
Yeah, you can.

Also, I seem to be hitting close to my delay now (I needed to switch to an odd delay, so I inserted Ruby cart, opened the game but did NOT select the file, then powered off, removed the cart, and I was able to hit some odd delays in the vicinity).

I'm going for 1057, however, (according to my roamer locations) sometimes I'll hit close to the right delay, but it seems to correspond to the wrong second. So for example, I just hit 1063, but the second that it corresponded to was 11:59:51, rather than 11:59:50...if I hit the right delay but it corresponds to a second of 51 rather than the target of 50 that I put in EonTimer, will that mean I won't get the IVs I originally used to generate my seed? Sorry if this is confusing...
If you hit the wrong second, then yes, you'll get completely different results even if you hit the right delay. If you keep hitting the wrong second, you can easily just calibrate the timer you're using so that you hit the proper second.

Is changing the "calibrated delay" my only way to do that? I've tried everything from 473 to 548, and I often get results for roamer locations that aren't even on the list I generated, and when I do at least get a match with a reasonable delay, it's pretty consistently 51 and not my target of 50. Could there be something else I'm doing wrong? I input the routes where my two roamers (E and L) before I saved (though that didn't change anything about the list I generated), I'm not sure what else to do. When I hit a close delay, but the second is wrong, is inputting that delay to update my calibration useful, or is it better to adjust experiment with the calibrated delay manually in that case?

Is changing the "calibrated delay" my only way to do that? I've tried everything from 473 to 548, and I often get results for roamer locations that aren't even on the list I generated, and when I do at least get a match with a reasonable delay, it's pretty consistently 51 and not my target of 50. Could there be something else I'm doing wrong? I input the routes where my two roamers (E and L) before I saved (though that didn't change anything about the list I generated), I'm not sure what else to do. When I hit a close delay, but the second is wrong, is inputting that delay to update my calibration useful, or is it better to adjust experiment with the calibrated delay manually in that case?
Well, I actually used PikaTimer rather than EonTimer so I may not be properly interpreting what you're saying, but I meant to manually change the actual timer. Like, if you're hitting 51 seconds rather than 50 seconds, adjust the first timer by a second, but leave the second timer alone so that your delay stays intact.

Cool, thanks! Although, I've already just changed the delay, and I'm having much better luck with a delay of 1686 for some reason. Thanks y'all

Reactions: Muk
Ok, this is really rough (not sure how accurate it is...using Google Translate) but:
Platinum
Diamond
Pearl
HG
SS

They don't always catch all of the words so you can try refreshing the page or just copy/paste the original Japanese into Google. Again, no idea how accurate/helpful it is as I know zero Japanese and Google's might be a bit rusty. Everything was taken from Maruamyu.net
Hope that helps someone until we can get better ones :)

edit: oh, and Google's auto-detect language doesn't translate the page. You have to choose Japanese.

Well, actuallly, I can read some Japanese. I can not open the URL given above because Google is recently unaccessible in my region...

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Well, actuallly, I can read some Japanese. I can not open the URL given above because Google is recently unaccessible in my region...
Oh, nice :)

Well, all of the links are off of this page (it's the original Japanese page not through Google). The links for the encounter tables are in the second section (you can see (DPt/HGSS)). The one immediately below that is for Black and White.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So the 8 seconds thing does not affect seeding or timing at all?
It does in that you have to start the game 8 seconds before your time you got in timer finder (which it is for all RNG abuse using a 3DS). Although, you don't actually have to abuse Dream Radar on a 3DS, once you get the "Research Data" sent you can take the game card out, put it in a DS Lite which is a lot easier for RNGing because it only has a 1-second-start-up.

It does in that you have to start the game 8 seconds before your time you got in timer finder (which it is for all RNG abuse using a 3DS). Although, you don't actually have to abuse Dream Radar on a 3DS, once you get the "Research Data" sent you can take the game card out, put it in a DS Lite which is a lot easier for RNGing because it only has a 1-second-start-up.
The only DS I have available is a 3DS, that's why I ask. So I just have to start 8 seconds earlier?

Oh, nice :)

Well, all of the links are off of this page (it's the original Japanese page not through Google). The links for the encounter tables are in the second section (you can see (DPt/HGSS)). The one immediately below that is for Black and White.
Hey, I'm trying to RNG in 4th Gen and I also just noticed that the Encounter Tables from eggmove.com are down. On the Japanese encounter tables that you posted, do you have any idea what "Place" and Location" represent in the very left column of each table? I'm not sure which represents the in-game location/location number and which represents the actual encounter slot number.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hey, I'm trying to RNG in 4th Gen and I also just noticed that the Encounter Tables from eggmove.com are down. On the Japanese encounter tables that you posted, do you have any idea what "Place" and Location" represent in the very left column of each table? I'm not sure which represents the in-game location/location number and which represents the actual encounter slot number.
The left-hand column is the in-game location. All of the "places" in that column are just generic names for which in-game location that is (ie Place 2 is actually Route 1 for HG). The encounter slot number is the column (0-11). The 3 rows in each of the main location rows are the times of day. I attached a picture of how I think it works. Unfortunately, the best way to go about it right now would probably be to find the location of the pokemon you are trying to rng in the table, and then back out what route that is based on the other Pokemon in the same row.

upload_2014-6-17_10-54-56.png

Last edited:
The left-hand column is the in-game location. All of the "places" in that column are just generic names for which in-game location that is (ie Place 2 is actually Route 1 for HG). The encounter slot number is the column (0-11). The 3 rows in each of the main location rows are the times of day. I attached a picture of how I think it works. Unfortunately, the best way to go about it right now would probably be to find the location of the pokemon you are trying to rng in the table, and then back out what route that is based on the other Pokemon in the same row.

Any idea as to what the slot numbers are for the Radio Pokemon?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Any idea as to what the slot numbers are for the Radio Pokemon?
iirc it's 2-5

edit: Looking into it, it might be that Hoenn Sound is 2 and 3, while Sinnoh Sound is 4 and 5. But any further confirmation on that would be great (as I'm pretty rusty on this) :D

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Apparently I've had the encounter slots in a .zip archive on my Dropbox account for quite a while. However, I believe the 4th gen tables may be outdated since they look horrible. Here's a link to the archive.

Edit: All the info for the 4th gen tables appears to be there, but I'm not going to spend all day to make it look nice only for the site to come back up afterwards. Ctrl+f for the Pokémon you want.

B/W2 slots are here and here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)