Team Makiri: A proven winner's team

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
TEAM MAKIRI: A proven winner's team
~Thank you Makiri for based team name~
Beats scrubs on ladder ez

This pic couldn't be more related, thanks Shrang. Shark attack niggas.

Better than penguins lol

It was literally that obvious.

Original team in all its lust taking glory

Gengar is total shit not something I'm fond of using. Not to mention this team has trouble dealing with the likes of hp fire xern, ekiller, blaze, among some other shit I'm too lazy to list so gengar was scrapped for something that discourages said setup sweepers from setting up hence comes ditto. Without gengar I had a mega slot free so I decided to upgrade mewtwo to its Y form to deal with special threats better and have better overall bulk.

Short Introduction:
I'm lazy as fuck and didn't want to teambuild at the time so I kinda borrowed sweep's week 2 spl team and made some modifications to suit my playstyle better. Fun fact, sharks eat tigers all day every day. Couldn't really think of a team name so one day while I was on #doubles and makiri said I should just nickname all my mons Makiri since naming shit after a proven winner = having a winning team. Nicknames were changed and history was made, and now I'm busy terrorizing uber players with the power of a winning team.

Team Preview:

Team is self explanatory, looks like standard balanced, and it is standard balanced. Not much to really say here.

In Depth:

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 64 Spd / 156 SAtk / 252 HP / 36 Def
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy - Moonblast - Substitute - Thunder

Xerneas is broken as fuck. 2 QD in one turn = BROKEN!!! BANBANBAN!!!!! Works excellently as a late game cleaner when all its potential checks are weakened/dead and it looks cute :). Evs are for maximum efficiency since I don't have some 252/252/4 OCD like every other ubers player.

Set Explanation:
Geomancy: 2 QQ in one turn = BROKEN. such power. Such wow. Would bang.
-Moonblast: Self explanatory as well. Fairy is an excellent attacking type and it's there as xerneas' stab and wrecks fucking everything that doesn't resist it or not a fat blob
-Substitute: Is used over another coverage move since I find being behind a sub to be quite useful incase my opp has a blissey, keys, swords, shields and the likes and allows xern to beat them one on one. It's also pretty handy in case people decide to take the leave special attacker in to smack xern for damage on geomancy turn and then allowing it to set up sub in its face when they do 25%> after the +2SpD boost.
-Thunder: Best coverage move alongside with moonblast and allows it to smack shit like ho oh and steels that it wouldn't be able to touch with just moonblast. The paralysis chance is also nice. Has 100% accuracy in rain which ogre provides though it isn't exactly reliable to hope for that.

Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 236 SAtk / 32 Spd / 240 HP
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Water Spout - Surf - Ice beam - Thunder

As most uber/doubles players know, my luck is fucking garbdix since my mons either can't hit shit or get hax'd to death, the later of which I can do nothing about. The former however I can fix by giving pimp daddy kyogre a fancy pair of glasses so he can smack shit around harder. Standard Kyogre, rain helps ferro's fire weakness and kyogre is the strongest immediate threat in the tier so yush. I opted for those evs again because I don't have some 252/252/4 OCD but mostly because it allows it to perform at its best. 240hp gives kyogre 401 hp which allows it to avoid the 4hko from the blobs seismic tosses. 236SpA is for maximum power (doubt the 6 points in SpA will matter that much in the long run anyways) and the 32speed is for some speed creep and I always was a fan of the number 32 so I tend to go with that number when I go for speed creeps. Not to mention that as a wallbreaker, kyogre should be forcing switches and thus shouldn't need max speed.

Set Explanation:
-Water Spout: Such powerful, such wow. Destroys fucking everything that doesn't quad resist it.
-Surf: Secondary stab incase ogre is too weak to pull of a spout or if I feel ogre will take a hit and can't use spout. It's still strong as fuck and wrecks most shit.
- Ice Beam: Bye grasseus and w/e other shit mons my opp might have that resist water/electric
-Thunder: 100% accuracy thanks to the self induced rain, smacks other whales, penisheads, birds and other shit. The paralysis chance is also sexy as fuck.

No Physical Attacks. No Attack IVs. No Problem.

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spe)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball - Leech Seed - Stealth Rock - Protect

One of the biggest pricks in the tier (literally) and is my substitute to the ground + fairy core that hipsters run to deal with zekrom. Ferro has an excellent defensive typing, giving it key resists to elec and water which would trouble my team otherwise. Functions mostly as a special wall that is also my sr setter since rocks are a must on every team. Evs are fairly standard to give it maximum special bulk and the biggest of pricks only get scraps as opposed to full portions (or at least that's how I've been taught) so it gets leftovers. Poor thing.
Set Explanation:
-Gyro Ball: Attacking move of choice, stops it from being taunt bait and smacking around fairies that would otherwise use it as set up bait.
-Leech Seed: -hp opp +hp me. Yes please, also helps ferro to stall out mons that might otherwise hinder it since factoring in potential burns + seed damage and the damage starts stacking up.
-Stealth Rock: Self explanatory. RIP Firebarn :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
-Protect: Let's it scout opponents moves if choice locked, also is good for more leftovers recovery + leech seed and possibly burn damage so it's always nice.

lol I ish slow. No speed ivs, no problemo. Also maxes out gyro ball power. Fuck yeah.

Ability: Unnerve => Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Spd / 64 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike - Will-o-MissWisp - Taunt - Recover

Good 'ol poloptwo. Been a fan of his ever since he showed the ubers community the possibilities of normally offensive mons and turn them into defensive mons. Stalltwo acts as my antilead against the likes of opposing stealth rock setters and taunts them before they can lay down their rocks which annoy the shit out of my team. Unnerve allows it to deal with other shit mons like Lum ekiller before it's mega evolved. Generally you want to keep mewtwo unevolved unless absolutely necessary against powerful special threats though you might want to evolve early to outspeed the likes of gengar/opposing mewtwo/darkrai/skymin later on in the battle without letting them outspeed you. Ev's are fairly standard. 192SpD allows it to outspeed neutral base 150s (mega aero/kazam/deoxys-a) while 252hp gives it maximum bulk while I put the leftover evs into special defense to help MMY tank hits better.

Set Explanation:
-Psystrike: Mewtwo's primary stab move to stop it from being taunt bait, also hits reasonably hard even uninvested since 194/154 base SpA is pretty damn strong.
-Will-o-Wisp: is to burn potential switchins to rack up passive damage and to cripple physical attackers that might plague my team otherwise since mewtwo has deceptive bulk.
-Taunt: excellent utility move and allows mewtwo to man handle supportceus and other walls and potentially set up for a sweep late game.
-Recover: is stalltwo's much needed recovery move. No explanation needed.

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Timid Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Judgment - Recover - Will-O-Miss - Defog

Fireburn (ho oh) is a balanced teams worst nightmare so I need a proper check to it that wasn't fucking donner (rhydon for all you uninformed people, groudon is fucking garbage) so I decided to use rockceus since it hard counters non band eq ho oh while still being able to beat it relatively easily. Also acts as a decent check to dedicated wallbreakers such as yveltal and rayquaza which is nice. The speed ev's are there for it to outspeed positive base 100's and an extra 8evs to speed creep other arceus. Other evs are for maximum bulk on the defensive side to deal with physical attackers better.
Set Explanation:
-Judgment: Stab move, and also prevents arceus from being taunt bait. Beats the shit out of yveltal/ho oh/lugia/rayquaza
-Recover: Self explanatory, much needed recovery move to help preserve arceus' longevity.
-Will-o-miss: Cripples physical attackers and also helps nail switchins to help rack up passive damage later on in the game. Assuming it hits of course which it rarely does.
-Defog: Removes hazards that trouble my team. Also makes it easier for WoW to actually hit shit so that's a plus for rockceus.

Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Transform

The ultimate glue of the team and without ditto the team wouldn't be able to function at all. Ditto does it all, and allows me to discourage set up sweepers since it can just copy their boosts and counter sweep. Ditto also acts as a handy late game cleaner if it manages to copy the likes of kyogre/ho oh/zekrom and similar strong mons. Overall ditto is a very good mon on this team that patches up any holes that i might have. It also works somewhat as a lead if i predict a darkrai/deo-s to prevent them from doing their main jobs.

Set Explanation:
-Transform: No explanation needed. Useless move.

IV's are to give it hidden power fire. Doubt it matters much.

Conclusion:

Makiri is a fucking winner and if you use this team named after him then you're going to win. Sharks won spl for two years after all. Stalltwo is broke as fuck. Team makiri is strong as fuck. Geoxern is broke as fuck.
Feel free to use the team or better yet change it, make it worse and say it's yours. And have fun trying out stall (you won't). Rate/fix or whatever. I couldn't really care less. :C Use in every one of your upl games imo. Fuck you optic for being utter garbage at using this team

Makiri (Mewtwo) @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Spd / 64 SDef
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psystrike
- Taunt
- Recover

Makiri (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Transform
-

Makiri (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 64 Spd / 156 SAtk / 252 HP / 36 Def
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Thunder

Makiri (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 236 SAtk / 32 Spd / 240 HP
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Makiri (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Makiri (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp

edit: Shoutouts: Sweep for having a based spl team I didn't steal to make this team
makiri for giving the team a name
orch for being a sport and always being my testing dummy
Edgar :]
D-Quag frand :]
finally you can go suck a dick
KyleCole you can suck finally's dick >:(
shrang for showing me about the human pokemon <3
TFL for letting me steal his rmt format and all his ou teams
Also to whoever else is in the ubers/doubles room that I'm going to list (probably not)​

Last edited:
Weak to mega-luke, (idc about all the BS I'm gonna deal with for saying this but mega-luke is a legitimate threat). Also you have taunt description instead of geomancy on xerneas. Will full rate later above average team overall.

Haruno

Weak to mega-luke, (idc about all the BS I'm gonna deal with for saying this but mega-luke is a legitimate threat). Also you have taunt description instead of geomancy on xerneas. Will full rate later above average team overall.
ditto can revenge it, ogre lives and ohko's, mewtwo outspeeds and can cripple with WoW. Doesn't seem that bad. Fixed the taunt description.

ditto can revenge it, ogre lives and ohko's, mewtwo outspeeds and can cripple with WoW. Doesn't seem that bad. Fixed the taunt description.
sets up on ferrothorn and can either weaken ditto with priority then allow another mon to set up that can take a hit from itself like geoxerneas and win pretty much. Also I'm assuming +2/its gonna kill 1 thing at least if it gets in on ferrothorn. Also BP +2 beats the shit out of stalltwo so you will get the 2HKO even if it burns you.

Hey Haruno, sick team. The only thing I can see is that competent web teams might give you trouble sometimes. Usually, leading with Ditto vs. web teams can allow you to set up web when your opponent leads with Shuckle and does the same, should fix that. But, vs. seasoned "webbers," I guess it can be troublesome. Other than that, perfect.

Edit: Oh wait. Team is weak to CM Grassceus with Refresh and Fire Blast + Judgment. Smh Haruno and I thought you actually built a good team. I suggest rebuilding as team is beyond fixing.

jk good team, we need more of those around here...

Just know that Ditto cant revenge scarfers, and I guess if you have to use scarf hp fire every few matches then keep iy I guess but I highly doubt that so just running 31 speed iv's is prolly better but idk.

Borrowing teams from others and making improvements is the best way to teambuild, can confirm.

Last edited:
Its not much but I told you that I laddered with that team on PO. 1600-50 battles. The biggest problems were Specs Ogre, Darkrai, Ygod and defensive CM Arceus forms. Team is very nice :)
I go for 1700 later btw
10/10 stolen

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Haruno, y u RMT your ladder team?

GRB1 said:
Hey Haruno, sick team. The only thing I can see is that competent web teams might give you trouble sometimes. Usually, leading with Ditto vs. web teams can allow you to set up web when your opponent leads with Shuckle and does the same, should fix that. But, vs. seasoned "webbers," I guess it can be troublesome. Other than that, perfect.
From playing this team, I know that Haruno does bring out Ditto vs. Shuckle (not even lead necessarily).

Anyways, yeah. As I said, this is a very solid team. No gaping weaknesses, as I would expect. Stalltwo is amazing. If I can see any relevant threats, SpecsOgre is a bit annoying to beat since Ferrothorn is 2HKOd and otherwise it almost KOs or hugely damages anything if it gets a free switch. You also kind of have to predict well against Blaziken to bring in Ditto without sacking something. A well played Ygod will be annoying too. If rocks aren't up, Ho-Oh with EQ can be annoying too; it forces a lot of switches and can predict and use EQ.

Um, I guess my only other criticism is that it could use a bit of priority (not that it's necessary b/c you have ditto but just a suggestion to pick of weaker mons.

Minor things- what exactly does the Xerneas spread accomplish? I feel like it could be more optimized, but that's my opinion. 248 HP gets it odd for Sub I guess. I would speed creep a bit more, like to 124 or something which outspeeds something after webs I think.

If you want you can creep to 112+ to outspeed Garchomp with Rockceus. If the scenario were to come up, you'd at least have a faster WoW.

Otherwise nice team. Replay below.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-111614233
Me, haxing this team to death with a bad HO team :(
Sorry Haruno.

Wow, that was a p short rate, I guess a testament to this teams abilities.

Haruno

sets up on ferrothorn and can either weaken ditto with priority then allow another mon to set up that can take a hit from itself like geoxerneas and win pretty much. Also I'm assuming +2/its gonna kill 1 thing at least if it gets in on ferrothorn. Also BP +2 beats the shit out of stalltwo so you will get the 2HKO even if it burns you.
I'm fine sacking ferro. Not like +2 bp/espeed ohko's itself anyways even at -1def. Then they'd have to deal with a +2 scarfed mega luca spamming CC. nbd imo. What exactly takes a hit comfortably from +2 CC anyways?

Edit: Oh wait. Team is weak to CM Grassceus with Refresh and Fire Blast + Judgment. Smh Haruno and I thought you actually built a good team. I suggest rebuilding as team is beyond fixing.

jk good team, we need more of those around here...
thanks? o-o cm grasseus2op. Unstawpable
Haruno, y u RMT your ladder team?

From playing this team, I know that Haruno does bring out Ditto vs. Shuckle (not even lead necessarily).

Anyways, yeah. As I said, this is a very solid team. No gaping weaknesses, as I would expect. Stalltwo is amazing. If I can see any relevant threats, SpecsOgre is a bit annoying to beat since Ferrothorn is 2HKOd and otherwise it almost KOs or hugely damages anything if it gets a free switch. You also kind of have to predict well against Blaziken to bring in Ditto without sacking something. A well played Ygod will be annoying too. If rocks aren't up, Ho-Oh with EQ can be annoying too; it forces a lot of switches and can predict and use EQ.

Um, I guess my only other criticism is that it could use a bit of priority (not that it's necessary b/c you have ditto but just a suggestion to pick of weaker mons.

Minor things- what exactly does the Xerneas spread accomplish? I feel like it could be more optimized, but that's my opinion. 248 HP gets it odd for Sub I guess. I would speed creep a bit more, like to 124 or something which outspeeds something after webs I think.

If you want you can creep to 112+ to outspeed Garchomp with Rockceus. If the scenario were to come up, you'd at least have a faster WoW.

Otherwise nice team. Replay below.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-111614233
Me, haxing this team to death with a bad HO team :(
Sorry Haruno.

Wow, that was a p short rate, I guess a testament to this teams abilities.
Could be optimized to 248hp or w/e. Not like xern ever sets up 4 subs but it could be optimized I suppose. Specs ogre is annoying, pretty much I have to predict like a god or sack ferro to it from which it gets easier to deal with. Yveltal is somewhat checked by the combination of rockceus + xern so no real problems there. Ho oh is at a disadvantage against rockceus though it could be troubling I suppose, though worst comes to worst I could probably switch in ditto on the eq or whatnot.

I haven't seen a chomp much less a scarf chomp in er ever so no point going in a nonexistent benchmark .-.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Haruno said:
Could be optimized to 248hp or w/e. Not like xern ever sets up 4 subs but it could be optimized I suppose. Specs ogre is annoying, pretty much I have to predict like a god or sack ferro to it from which it gets easier to deal with. Yveltal is somewhat checked by the combination of rockceus + xern so no real problems there. Ho oh is at a disadvantage against rockceus though it could be troubling I suppose, though worst comes to worst I could probably switch in ditto on the eq or whatnot.

I haven't seen a chomp much less a scarf chomp in er ever so no point going in a nonexistent benchmark .-.
Yeah, I guess Ygod is fine. Ho-Oh too, most of the checks after SpecsOgre were very minor notes.

As for Garchomp, idk it gets like 1.5% 1760 usage which is like 3 in every 200 battles. It helps if such a scenario were to occur but whatever.

EDIT (because I don't want to double post): Darkrai might be a bit problematic for this team too, since it can put anything to sleep on this (except for like Mewtwo but switching Mewtwo with mon-psychic coverage into Darkrai isn't ideal). The only way I can think of to fix this would be throwing Sleep Talk on some mon but idk not many things on this team appreciate it more than their current sets.

EDIT (again)
kingmidas said:
Um Luke doesn't really run SD in ubers much because its not really that viable (SD that is)...

Last edited:

Haruno

Yeah, I guess Ygod is fine. Ho-Oh too, most of the checks after SpecsOgre were very minor notes.

As for Garchomp, idk it gets like 1.5% 1760 usage which is like 3 in every 200 battles. It helps if such a scenario were to occur but whatever.

EDIT (because I don't want to double post): Darkrai might be a bit problematic for this team too, since it can put anything to sleep on this (except for like Mewtwo but switching Mewtwo with mon-psychic coverage into Darkrai isn't ideal). The only way I can think of to fix this would be throwing Sleep Talk on some mon but idk not many things on this team appreciate it more than their current sets.

EDIT (again)

Um Luke doesn't really run SD in ubers much because its not really that viable (SD that is)...
Pretty much irrelevant imo since there still has been little to no usage of chompy from my knowledge.

I agree with the analysis on darkrai actually, it is quite problematic especially if it's a well played one. Maybe sleep talk > ice beam on kyogre?

haxiom

God's not dead.
Haruno said:
Pretty much irrelevant imo since there still has been little to no usage of chompy from my knowledge.

I agree with the analysis on darkrai actually, it is quite problematic especially if it's a well played one. Maybe sleep talk > ice beam on kyogre?
Yeah, I guess chomp is like never used and I'll admit I've never seen one either.

As for Darkrai, how often are you using ice beam? What exactly does it hit anyways? How well does the team beat Ice Beam's intended targets? That's my thought process. To the extent of my knowledge, it hits grasses and dragons, idk whether you want to use Sleep Talk or if it's worth it though, imo it is since Darkrai is p common and this build doesn't enjoy losing anything to sleep.

Haruno

Sleep talk > ice beam it is. Not like grasseus or ray are really relevant seeing as how the former can't switchin and the latter is hit hard by everything

Just know that Ditto cant revenge scarfers, and I guess if you have to use scarf hp fire every few matches then keep iy I guess but I highly doubt that so just running 31 speed iv's is prolly better but idk.

Borrowing teams from others and making improvements is the best way to teambuild, can confirm.
ditto hard copies the opponents stats.

Ditto isn't also meant to revenge kill scarfers in most cases .-.

Last edited:

Haruno

Any particular reason? I really don't care about the lives 8 sr kind of shit since I find that I have rarely (more like never) switched a mon into sr 8 times .-.

Do you rage quit if your opponent uses mega gengar with perish song/shadow ball/sludgewave/protect ?

I luv that RTM format. And your team too <3

Haruno

Do you rage quit if your opponent uses mega gengar with perish song/shadow ball/sludgewave/protect ?

I luv that RTM format. And your team too <3
Ty and I'd legitimately rage quit if they used a specific bullshit set like psong/pain split/protect/sub lol.

Average team, unoriginal and largely boring sets, no Quagod to be seen.

9.5/10 (-IGN)
That's why optic gave me a 3.5 :(((((

Sleep talk > ice beam it is. Not like grasseus or ray are really relevant seeing as how the former can't switchin and the latter is hit hard by everything

ditto hard copies the opponents stats.

Ditto isn't also meant to revenge kill scarfers in most cases .-.
Yeh thats I guess it isnt, and holy f I'm stupid it doesn't calculate the iv's. Sue me D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)