Lax returns

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Sup guys. You guys prolly dont know me, but its whatever. Anyways, this was a really really fun battle I had with user Sharpteeth. I was #6 on the OU suspect ladder atm and he was somewhere in the #20's, so this battle had a lot of expectation. Since this is on the suspect ladder, Genesect, Mega Lucario, and Deoxys-S are not allowed.

Also, this is a pretty long battle, (42 turns), so please bear with me.

WECAMEASROMANS joined.
Sharpteeth joined.
Format:
OU (suspect test)
Rated battle
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
WECAMEASROMANS's team:

Sharpteeth's team:

Battle between WECAMEASROMANS and Sharpteeth started!

The battle starts, and I face Sharpteeth yet again. We've faced each other various times but always with different teams, so I am prepared for a pretty intense battle. Quickly scanning his team, I see that the first three members are taken care quite solidly with my Mamoswine, but the thorn to my mamo destroying his team is his Rotom-W, which im quite certain he will lead with because its a very common lead due to its momentum switching move Volt-switch. Knowing this, I decide to lead with my Conkeldurr since its an awesome switch to Rotom-w, and if he does decide to lead with bisharp anyway, conk beats that too!

Go! Conkeldurr!
Sharpteeth sent out Gliscor!

okay, so i was wrong on the lead matchup. its whatever though. After glancing at his team again, i note that gliscor is prolly the stealth rocker in his team since his other pokes can't learn it, and that's why he's leading with it. Now, im pretty sure he's going to stay in and set up SR since conk's ice punch doesnt KO. i ice punch anyways just cuz i want to deal some solid damage to it while he's setting up.

Turn 1
The opposing Gliscor used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!
Conkeldurr used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The opposing Gliscor lost 69% of its health!
The opposing Gliscor was frozen solid!
The opposing Gliscor restored HP using its Leftovers!

Unf. First turn and i get a freeze on him, swag. I note that he is holding lefties and not toxic orb, so he's prolly running Roost or something. whatever the case, its not a standard gliscor. i decide to stay in and ice punch for the KO again because i really doubt he's gonna switch; his gliscor is frozen making it dead weight for the rest of the match, and i dont think he wants any of his team members getting maimed if i somehow click the appropriate move.

Turn 2
The opposing Gliscor is frozen solid!
It's super effective! The opposing Gliscor lost 38% of its health!
The opposing Gliscor fainted!
Sharpteeth sent out Venusaur!

Everything goes as plans, and now he sents out venusaur, which i know for a fact is holding venusaurite. Now mega venusaur completely and utterly walls my conk, so im def not staying in. since his stealth rocker is dead, once i get rid of his rocks, i can switch in for free every time. i decide to go in to my zapdos so i can defog the rocks away, expecting to take a giga drain or leech seed on the switch.

Turn 3
Conkeldurr, come back!
Go! Zapdos!
Pointed stones dug into Zapdos!
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Venusaur has Mega Evolved into Mega Venusaur!
The opposing Venusaur used Leech Seed!
Zapdos was seeded!
Zapdos restored HP using its Leftovers!
Zapdos's health is sapped by Leech Seed!

Damn, it actually has leech seed instead of the 3 attacking moves + synthesis version... this thing is gonna be annoying af to take care of -.- oh well. for now though, i got my zapdos in relatively safely, and now im going to use defog to get rid of these pesky rocks. he's prolly going to switch in his bisharp just to get his defiant boost, but idc much cuz my conk can just wreck his ass with a mach punch afterwards anyway. so, defog it is. GOODBYE ROCKS!!

Turn 4
Sharpteeth withdrew Venusaur!
Sharpteeth sent out Bisharp!
Zapdos used Defog!
The opposing Bisharp's evasiveness fell!
The opposing Bisharp's Defiant sharply raised its Attack!
The pointed stones disappeared from around your team!
Zapdos restored HP using its Leftovers!
Zapdos's health is sapped by Leech Seed!

Sharpteeth correctly predicts my defog, and gets in his bisharp for free with +2 attack. Its well worth it though since i can now get free switches in every time. Now to deal with this Bisharp. i decide to leave my zapdos in to die just cuz i don't want anyone else on my team taking a +2 attack from a base 125 attack stat. i stay in with zapdos hoping to get at least some damage with it using heat wave. Then ill go to my Conkeldurr and revenge it using mach punch.

Turn 5
The opposing Bisharp used Knock Off!
Zapdos lost 63% of its health!
Zapdos fainted!
Go! Conkeldurr!

Hmm, its faster than me... which means it must be fully invested in speed.. where is his LO recoil then? Gahh.. oh well, time to kill this fucker. i'm hoping he stays in so i dont have to deal with it for the rest of the match, but he's prolly too good of a player to just let his bisharp die like that.

Turn 6
Sharpteeth withdrew Bisharp!
Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
It's not very effective... The opposing Venusaur lost 6% of its health!

Damnit, he makes a good move and switches -.- and now im staring at a mega venusaur with nearly full health. what should i do?.... i know before that he used leech seed, which means he lacks EQ, since giga drain and synthesis are mandatory and sludge bomb is most definitely the other coverage move. this means that he has no way to hurt my heatran besides draining damage from it via leech seed. so i decide to switch in to my heatran and get my rocks up to put pressure on Sharpteeth every time he decides to switch.

Turn 7
Sharpteeth sent out Stronkeldurr (Conkeldurr)!
Conkeldurr, come back!
Go! Heatran!

FUCKKKKK. he somehow read my train of thought and made an awesome double switch, and now im at a disadvantageous position with my heatran against his own conkeldurr. Props to him. Conkeldurr is a tough pokemon to switch into mainly due to the awesome combo of STAB drain punch & knock off, but i decide to switch in my mega heracross since it resists those two attacks. the hardest thing he could hit my heracross with is ice punch, but i highly doubt he's gonna use ice punch against my heatran.

Turn 8
Heatran, come back!
Go! Heracross!
The opposing Stronkeldurr used Drain Punch!
It's not very effective... Heracross lost 28.0% of its health!

oww.... considering heracross resists the hit, that did quite a chunk of damage. i know i didn't mega evolve yet and regular heracross' defense isnt the best, but still.... Anyways, CC doesnt quite exactly KO conkeldurr, it does about 70-80%, and i really dont wanna get hit by an ice punch when im at -1 def, so I decide to use EQ first just to weaken conk enough for CC to be in KO range. also, im pretty sure he's gonna switch his conk out just cuz he cant do much to me and go into his Aegislash, since it resists both of M-heracross' STABS and has sky high defenses. EQ heavily damages it, doing around 75%. my next move is pretty much decided...

Sharpteeth withdrew Stronkeldurr (Conkeldurr)!
Sharpteeth sent out Aegislash!
The opposing Aegislash floats in the air with its Air Balloon!
Heracross has Mega Evolved into Mega Heracross!
Heracross used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the opposing Aegislash...

FFFFSSS DAMNIT! even tho i predicted right its useless cuz he's carrying a balloon -.-his next move is most likely going to be shadow ball since it does a sizeable amount of damage to everything i have bar snorlax... and who switches snorlax in on Aegi -.- i know M-hera survives a shadow ball tho, so i decide to use rock blast for 2 reasons: 1. to pop the balloon, so my mamo can wreck it with EQ afterwards. 2. rock blast will weaken Aegi enough where M-hera's EQ can finish it off.

Turn 10
Heracross used Rock Blast!
It's not very effective... The opposing Aegislash lost 4% of its health!
The opposing Aegislash's Air Balloon popped!
It's not very effective... The opposing Aegislash lost 5% of its health!
It's not very effective... The opposing Aegislash lost 4% of its health!
Hit 5 times!
The opposing Aegislash used Shadow Ball!
Heracross lost 49% of its health!

My rock blast did 23% to Aegislash, so its like a 50/50 chance whether or not i can KO with eq next turn. Unfortunately, now my M-Hera is at 22% health left, where Aegi's shadow sneak can easily finish me off. i don't wanna sacrifice my M-Hera just yet, so i'm switching in my physically defensive heatran on it. i can threaten it with both will o wisp and flamethrower, but really, i just want to get my rocks up on his side of the field.

Turn 11
Heracross, come back!
Go! Heatran!
Sharpteeth withdrew Aegislash!
Sharpteeth sent out Rotom-Wash!

Okay, my guess is that he assumed shadow sneak wouldn't be able to finish off my M-heracross at 22% health due to its fantastic base 115 defense, and he wanted to avoid the EQ so he switched to his rotom-w. But standard mega heracross outspeeds defensive rotom-w and does a crap load of damage with pin missle before it burns it, possibly outright KOing specially defensive ones. so why he switched in rotom-w is beyond me... maybe his rotom-w is scarfed and outspeeds me for the KO? or maybe... he saw my switch to heatran coming and double switched to his rotom-w to try and threaten me out. whatever the case, my heatran is up against his rotom-w, and i am at yet another disadvantage position. i decide to stay in mainly because i know hydro pump wont KO, and i dont think he will even use hydro pump anyway, and i want to set up rocks ASAP. so i click the "stealth rock" button.

Turn 12
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Trick!
The opposing Rotom-Wash switched items with its target!
Heatran obtained one Choice Scarf.
The opposing Rotom-Wash obtained one Leftovers.
Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the opposing team!

So i get my rocks up, which is always a good thing. altho my heatran getting tricked a scarf doesn't seem *that* bad, it actually is because now i lose leftovers, which means beating his mega venusaur is gonna be even harder since i have no way to get my health back from leech seed. also, my heatran is now locked into SR, which means i am forced to switch on a likely volt-switch, losing momentum. i decide to go into my AV thick fat Snorlax because it's special bulkiness is godlike and none of rotom-w's attacks can hurt me much.

Turn 13
Heatran, come back!
Go! Snorlax!
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Hydro Pump!
Snorlax lost 19% of its health!

Sharpteeth decides to go straight for the hydro pump instead of volt switching, but i tank the hit nicely. now, i can go for the pursuit because its obvious he'll prolly volt switch out, but a considerable amount of scarf rotom-w's do use WoW as well. i dont wanna risk that chance and get burned... so i go to my conkeldurr again, hopefully to absorb the WoW with my guts boost and blast holes in his team.

Turn 14
Snorlax, come back!
Go! Conkeldurr!
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Volt Switch!
Conkeldurr lost 21% of its health!
The opposing Rotom-Wash went back to Sharpteeth!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Venusaur!

Goddamnit, it turns out that he doesn't have WoW (or just doesn't wanna use it cuz he has a conkeldurr), and volt switches out to his mega venusaur which walls my conk to no end. I can't really do anything, so im gonna switch out to my now scarfed heatran to take him on. his next move is prolly gonna be leech seed which is gonna be super annoying, but idgaf.

Turn 15
Conkeldurr, come back!
Go! Heatran!
Heatran was seeded!
Heatran's health is sapped by Leech Seed!

Yeah, this thing is a total bitch -.- Now, i could go straight for the WoW to get some passive damage on him, but he does have a conkeldurr and im pretty sure he's gonna switch to that predicting my WoW. im not gonna let that happen obviously, so im double switching to my M-Heracross which takes Conk's hits nicely and threatens back with a hard CC.

Turn 16
Heatran, come back!
Go! Heracross!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Stronkeldurr!

i predicted right, and now I have the advantage. now this next move is gonna have a huuuge impact on the game. CC won't KO, but it will do an enormous amount, rendering conk nearly useless for the rest of the match. OR, i can decide to use EQ, since Conk isn't gonna die anyway and i really wanna kill that pesky Aegislash thats prolly gonna come in and wall my attack. So should i CC or EQ? At the end, i decide on using CC, mostly because i predicted his aegi coming in last time so i used EQ but it didn't matter anyway cuz he had a balloon, and also, EQ wont do nearly as much damage to Conk as i'd like to, and since M-Heracross is close to dying i want him to do as much damage as possible before going down.

Turn 17
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Aegislash!
Heracross used Close Combat!

I made the wrong move and his Aegi gets in for free. im not staying in cuz im in shadow sneak's KO range, so im going back to my physically defensive heatran.

Turn 18
Heracross, come back!
Go! Heatran!
The opposing Aegislash used Shadow Sneak!
Heatran lost 12% of its health!

Physically defensive heatran is just a beast, only taking 12% damage from it. now, i can either use WoW or flamethrower. i really dont want to use WoW just cuz he has that conk on his team, so im flamethrowering whatever comes in.

Turn 19
The opposing Aegislash used King's Shield!
The opposing Aegislash protected itself!
Heatran used Flamethrower!

he uses king's shield since now im always going to be locked in one move. now that he knows i have to use flamethrower, he most likely is going to switch to his rotom-w to take the hit nicely. i see this coming so i double switch to my conk, threatening it out and giving me the upper hand.

Turn 20
Heatran, come back!
Go! Conkeldurr!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Rotom-Wash!
The opposing Rotom-Wash restored HP using its Leftovers!

I corner his rotom-w by double switching in my Conk. the rocks on his field are starting to prove their worth after all these double switches, and im so thankful for my zapdos for getting rid of them even tho it sacrificed his own life. i know his Rotom-W is gonna switch out to his M-Venu to wall me again, so i use ice punch since its the one move that damages it the most.

Turn 21
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Volt Switch!
Conkeldurr lost 22% of its health!
The opposing Rotom-Wash went back to Sharpteeth!
It's super effective! The opposing Venusaur lost 19% of its health!

"super effective" my ass -.- it does less than 20%, but with SR i get it down to just a little over 30%. now since my heatran is scarfed, my main plan for getting rid of this mega Venu is as follows: use return and weaken it enough with snorlax, then use either M-Hera or LO mamo to overpower and finish it off. obviously this is going to be harder said than done since snorlax has a bunch of HP meaning leech seed will cure Venu a bunch, but im still gonna try and chip its health down.

Turn 22
Conkeldurr, come back!
Go! Snorlax!
Snorlax was seeded!
Snorlax's health is sapped by Leech Seed!

The annoying plant leech seeds me again, but theres not much i can do about it. now its all about clicking the "return" button and doing as much damage i can possibly do to it.

Turn 23
Snorlax used Return!
Snorlax's health is sapped by Leech Seed!

Sharpteeth, possibly knowing my stragety, chooses to preserve his M-Venu's health for now and gets yet another free switch in to his Aegislash. im not letting my snorlax lose a hefty amount of its HP with sacred sword, so i decide to go to my heatran again. even though sacred sword hits it super effectively, i am physically defensive so it wont KO. i right now am just saccing my heatran to be honest.

Turn 24
Snorlax, come back!
Go! Heatran!
The opposing Aegislash used Shadow Ball!
Heatran lost 45% of its health!
Heatran's Special Defense fell!

Aegislash uses shadow ball instead of sacred sword, which really puzzles me because first off, snorlax is immune to shadow ball, so if i didnt switch he would've taken damage from fire punch, and if i do switch i most likely will go to heatran instead, and sacred sword does more than shadow ball regardless. Maybe he doesnt have sacred sword? O.O But yeah, i survive with just a little over 30% and now i get to flamethrower again.

Turn 25
The opposing Stronkeldurr lost 26% of its health!

i think he switched immediately this time instead of going for king's shield again because WoW goes through it and he thought i was gonna go for that instead. i instead catch his Conk with flamethrower and deal some passable damage, enough to weaken it to the point where M-Hera's CC will KO it. theres no point switching now since Heatran is pretty much useless and if i switch in my M-Hera now, i'll get koed by drain punch. so i stay in and use it has death fodder.

Turn 26
The opposing Stronkeldurr lost 26% of its health!
The opposing Stronkeldurr used Drain Punch!
It's super effective! Heatran lost 31% of its health!
Heatran had its energy drained!
Heatran fainted!

He decides to go for drain punch instead of mach punch and takes another flamethrower to the face, weakening it a bit more. he gets some health back with drain punch but it isn't really that noticeable. Now, time for my M-Hera to come in and wreck shit. The choice to use CC or EQ again is difficult... i can use EQ to maim the Aegi that might come in again, and also damage conk to the point where it cant do anything for the rest of the match. or i can also go straight for the kill with CC, or hurt the Rotom-W that might come in on a predicted EQ. After another coinflip, i go with CC because i honestly don't see him switching Aegi again on my M-Hera for a 3rd time.

Turn 27
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Rotom-Wash!
Heracross used Close Combat!
The opposing Rotom-Wash lost 82% of its health!
Heracross's Defense fell!
Heracross's Special Defense fell!
The opposing Rotom-Wash fainted!
Sharpteeth sent out Bisharp!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Bisharp!

Unffffff. i get a CC in and nail his Rotom-W. Dead. he now sends his bisharp attempting to revenge kill me. normally, if my M-Hera were at such a low health like it is now i would just let it die to get a free switch in, but with my Heracross gone, i'd have no way to beat his Conkeldurr. Thinking about his conk, i decide to switch to my own Conk to take the predicted sucker punch, then threaten him out.

Turn 28
Heracross, come back!
Go! Conkeldurr!
The opposing Bisharp used Iron Head!
Conkeldurr lost 42% of its health!

Ow, ow, ow -.- Sharpteeth sees my train of thought and iron heads my conk for some solid damage. im now in the range where even a resisted sucker punch koes me, so im switching out again to my mamoswine in a turn where he will "hopefully" use sucker punch.

Turn 29
Conkeldurr, come back!
Go! Mamoswine!
The opposing Bisharp used Sucker Punch!
But it failed!

YES! i get a free switch in! Mamo makes his first appearance in the game unscathed. now since his rotom-w is dead, im free to spam EQ, so my next move is pretty much decided...

Turn 30
The opposing Bisharp used Sucker Punch!
Mamoswine lost 60% of its health!
Mamoswine used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The opposing Bisharp lost 95% of its health!
Mamoswine lost some of its HP!
The opposing Bisharp fainted!

Mamo takes a bunch from Bisharp's sucker punch, but it kills bisharp back in the process. now im staring right back at Conkeldurr, the same Conkeldurr that's been a huge annoyance for my team the whole match. im not letting mamo die just yet, so i go to my own conk and sac it.

Turn 31
Mamoswine, come back!
Go! Conkeldurr!
The opposing Stronkeldurr used Mach Punch!
Conkeldurr lost 14.0% of its health!
Conkeldurr fainted!

my conk dies, and now im looking to kill this Conk once and for all with my M-Hera. the choice of CC vs EQ is no longer an issue anymore, as Conk dies to both moves regardless cuz of how weakened it is, and Aegi isn't holding a balloon any longer. Something is going to die.

Go! Heracross!
Turn 32
The opposing Stronkeldurr used Mach Punch!
It's not very effective... Heracross lost 12% of its health!
Heracross used Earthquake!
The opposing Stronkeldurr lost 48% of its health!
The opposing Stronkeldurr fainted!

i live the mach punch and finally wreck his conk with EQ. his aegi will now most definitely use shadow sneak since EQ koes it too and that's too much of a risk for him. he has two pokemon left, Aegi and mega venusaur. since i know for sure shadow sneak is coming, im going to go to my snorlax. but i have no intentions of staying in: after switching in snorlax, he'll most likely use king's shield to go back to shield forme and possibly lower my attack, so im going to switch in my mamo on his KS and threaten to KO with a powerful LO EQ.

Turn 33
Heracross, come back!
Go! Snorlax!
It doesn't affect Snorlax...
Turn 34
Snorlax, come back!
Go! Mamoswine!
But it failed!

Everything goes as plans. he has two pokemon left and its late game so i know he wont take as much risks as me. my mamo gets in safely and is ready to wreck house. he now has two options: 1. to use shadow sneak on my mamo, which wont KO, but will bring me down after i kill his aegi with LO recoil. 2. to sac his M-Venu, which is 2hkoed by my LO eq, and then revenge kill me with shadow sneak. i would prefer the 1st option more just cuz i need that aegi gone ASAP; my M-Hera and snorlax can take care of his M-Venu.

Turn 35
The opposing Venusaur lost 39% of its health!

Damn, he makes the right decision and goes for the 2nd option -.- its better than nothing tho, because now his M-Venu is good as dead.

Turn 36
The opposing Venusaur lost 27% of its health!
The opposing Venusaur fainted!

and now its 3-1, me. He is down to his last pokemon, Aegislash. Sadly for me, both my mamo and my M-Hera are down to shadow sneak KO range, which means that if he has sacred sword on his aegi, that will deal enough damage to snorlax so that he will win. this is intense, it all comes down to this... i decide to scout whether he has sacred sword or not, even though it won't make much of a difference.

Turn 37
Mamoswine, come back!
Go! Snorlax!
It doesn't affect Snorlax...

Snorlax used Fire Punch!
Snorlax's Attack harshly fell!

Turn 39
Snorlax, come back!
Go! Mamoswine!
The opposing Aegislash used Iron Head!
It's super effective! Mamoswine lost 10% of its health!
Mamoswine fainted!

after seeing that aegi used iron head instead of sacred sword on my AV lax, i confirm that he does NOT have sacred sword, which means i still have a chance of beating him. it just comes down to simple king shield mindgames...

Go! Heracross!
Turn 40
Heracross lost 11% of its health!
Heracross fainted!

since aegi is now in blade forme, im almost 100% positive he will use king's shield to go back into blade forme and possibly lower my attack by 2 stages. knowing this, i will use super power on the 1st turn so my attack does not get lowered. if he predicts this tho and attacks me instead, its GG for me. *prays*

Go! Snorlax!
Turn 41
Snorlax used Superpower!
It doesn't affect the opposing Aegislash

YESSSS!! OMG YES! my attack is not lowered and now this thing is going to die to my fire punch (since lax is slower and attacks it while it is in blade forme).

Turn 42
The opposing Aegislash used Iron Head!
Snorlax lost 39% of its health!
Snorlax used Fire Punch!
It's super effective! The opposing Aegislash lost 70% of its health!
The opposing Aegislash fainted!
WECAMEASROMANS won the battle!
Ladder updating...
WECAMEASROMANS: gg
Sharpteeth: gg

after a long and very intense battle, i win the game. props to sharpteeth for being such a good opponent, this truly was one of the best battles i had in a very long time.

One thing I'm curious about: at the end, wouldn't it have been better for Sharpteeth to go for King's Shield again and roll for the 50% success rate?

Iron Head was not going to KO except on a crit, if at all, but tagging Snorlax with an attack drop would have been a death sentence.

One thing I'm curious about: at the end, wouldn't it have been better for Sharpteeth to go for King's Shield again and roll for the 50% success rate?

Iron Head was not going to KO except on a crit, if at all, but tagging Snorlax with an attack drop would have been a death sentence.
This was an awesome battle and an awesome warstory, good plays

Great warstory! Good play at the end to avoid getting the attack drop from king's shield. Just a tip though, put the remaining Hp percentages of the Pokemon in battle at the end of each round. It's a bit hard to keep track of the health of each mon, and displaying the health percentages also lets us get a good idea of who's winning or losing.

No, it will not; it has a 50% success rate, same as any other Protect-type move. At least according to what I know.
I guess he was going for the 30% flinch chance from iron head :/

Kinda shows how much luck can influence the outcome of a game lol.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I've battled both of you guys before on the ladder and I definitely know you guys are no scrubs, so its great to see a nice high-end battle in this section of the forum.

A couple suggestions:
1) you had your thought process laid out very well, and it was good to see your plays reflecting your intelligent decisions. However, there were a couple of really obvious switches that you could've seen coming, like Turn 6 its pretty obvious he's not gonna keep in his bisharp when he has a complete answer to everything you have in venusaur. You definitely could've gone into mega heracross or something predicting that.

2) Pictures!!!! You gotta have some sprites around because otherwise the warstory will be super bland. And it is right now. Since you know where to get good sprites cuz you put it at the top to show teams, you can just put it in every turn and stuff. This makes the warstory a lot more lively.

3) Health. We need to know how healthy each pokemon is because even though sometimes you state the health, we can't keep track of it all. It's highly recommended to dump some percentages for every turn to guide the reader through whats healthy, how did that lose health and where, and what is weakened and stuff.

4) A good way to end warstories is to usually expand upon what pokemon put in work and what didn't, what you and the opponent did good and could've done better, basically just some reflection. This leaves a lasting impression on the reader of your battle.

You could've definitely fixed these problems by simply looking at other warstories (although some of them aren't too great) and made it top-notch from the start, so I'm a little upset, but the high-end battle with good doubles switches makes up for it.

Oh, and in case y'all don't remember me (probably don't) here are some replays to refresh your memory:

Against WECAMEASROMANS http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74361279 This was such an unfair match-up, sub-coil zygarde is a monster.
Against Sharpteeth http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-79435751 A fairer battle in terms of match-ups.

Also, props to using AV snorlax in the first place. He takes everything :]

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Yeah this is my first warstory, so I apologize if it isn't the best. If I ever have another top notch battle and decide to make another warstory, I'll definitely add in your suggestions Srn. Thanks for the constructive criticism! This warstory was kinda rushed :$ I basically had to finish this in the timespan of 3 hours or something cuz I had projects due the next day, but next time I will add in health bars, sprites in each turn, props and slops at the end, etc, so you can expect better from me! (:

Also for those of you guys wondering why Sharpteeth didn't roll on the 50% success rate and use King's shield on the last turn.. I don't have a solid answer for that, im sorry. For one reason, he doesn't exactly know what item my Snorlax is holding in the first place, since AV is hard to detect. My Lax never stayed in long enough to switch moves, so he might've thought I was choiced or something and thought he was safe. Or, he probably just didn't want to go for the 50% cuz it would be too risky :/

Also for those of you guys wondering why Sharpteeth didn't roll on the 50% success rate and use King's shield on the last turn.. I don't have a solid answer for that, im sorry. For one reason, he doesn't exactly know what item my Snorlax is holding in the first place, since AV is hard to detect. My Lax never stayed in long enough to switch moves, so he might've thought I was choiced or something and thought he was safe. Or, he probably just didn't want to go for the 50% cuz it would be too risky :/
Well, stuff happens. The mental aspect is certainly an important factor so maybe Sharpteeth just didn't think about KS since you generally don't want to risk it.

It's a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)