Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Can we EV train Lvl 100 Pokemon now with the Supertraining effectively?
Hordes are better for Ev training. You can "Reset" stats on a Lv 100 (As in get them to recalculate) I think by depositing them in the PC and withdrawing them again.

Hordes are better for Ev training. You can "Reset" stats on a Lv 100 (As in get them to recalculate) I think by depositing them in the PC and withdrawing them again.
I know about EV training via hordes but I don't know if it works for Lvl 100 Pokemon. That's why I asked about Supertraining. think I will test horde battles on a Lvl 100 once Pokebank is released.
I just thought there wasn't any way to EV train a Lvl 100. If what you are telling me is true I was fooled since RSE xD

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Actually the EV's apply immediately, so the moment you get them they are applied to stats immediately without needing to box them then withdrawing them. And yes, Level 100's can gain EV's in battle, etc. This has been the case since Gen V. What DHR says as quoted was the case before Gen V.

Yes, but you do not get to keep the item after the match. Unless of course, they are holding a Mega Stone since they cannot be stolen.
Thanks. Now I know why everyone's asking for leftovers and battle items over at the Wifi subforum. Last question - Masterballs don't get passed down to children right? Unlike the other balls where if the pokemon inside is the female, the children will hatch with those balls too? I'm just wondering why a lot have been asking for master balls as well.

Anyone know if Beat Up is using the same formula as last gen? (base damage is set by the attacker, all following hits use that base damage with teammate's attack stats)

I tested it with a shuckle and a hariyama in my team. Shuckle's hit did noticeably less damage than Hariyama's, so it still uses some element of the teammate's power in the calculation.

Does breeding a vivillon maintain its pattern? Ie. my local vivillon is supposed to be tropical, and I breed a tundra one. which pattern will the spewpa get?

I'm breeding for Snorlax... does anyone know if I breed for a Munchlax and teach it Stockpile and evolve it into a Snorlax. Will the Snorlax, when bred, pass down Stockpile?

I want Stockpile on my Snorlax, but having to have Full Incenense on Snorlax makes it's too hard to breed for nature and IV's without the Destiny Knot or Everstone.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Snorlax can only know Stockpile through Munchlax. Breeding two Snorlax that know Stockpile won't pass it on to a baby Snorlax.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Don't even need to do that. EVs are added at the end of the battle, so it's as simple as beating the Pokemon to gain EVs.

If a pokemon levels up while in the daycare and forgets a move, does it still pass the old move unless it is taken out of the daycare?

If a pokemon levels up while in the daycare and forgets a move, does it still pass the old move unless it is taken out of the daycare?
From what I can tell, it can- it's happened to me quite a lot. I believe Pokemon will only pass down the moves they knew before being deposited.

so there are some pokemon i cant get because i didnt have the game when they were giving them away. Think its "justified" to be able to hack the event into my game to get them or no?

also, what are considered "legal hacks"

so there are some pokemon i cant get because i didnt have the game when they were giving them away. Think its "justified" to be able to hack the event into my game to get them or no?

also, what are considered "legal hacks"
Granted, I have limited knowledge on this front, but if you're referring to XY on the 3DS, I wasn't aware any hacks existed for this platform. Disregarding that, if you're referring to the Speed Boost Torchic, wouldn't it be much simpler and more legitimate to just ask for one by trade?

Otherwise, in general, if it's an event legendary, then by all means try hacking the event in if you really want it.

Legal hacks are basically hacks that create a Pokemon that are valid by any normal means, just without the luck or complexity involved in obtaining one.

Snorlax can only know Stockpile through Munchlax. Breeding two Snorlax that know Stockpile won't pass it on to a baby Snorlax.
Thanks, saves me a lot of trouble lol.

I have another question about Musada Method. You need to use a Pokemon from another region and breed with a Pokemon from your region for increased chance of Shiny, correct?

Last edited:
Granted, I have limited knowledge on this front, but if you're referring to XY on the 3DS, I wasn't aware any hacks existed for this platform. Disregarding that, if you're referring to the Speed Boost Torchic, wouldn't it be much simpler and more legitimate to just ask for one by trade?

Otherwise, in general, if it's an event legendary, then by all means try hacking the event in if you really want it.

Legal hacks are basically hacks that create a Pokemon that are valid by any normal means, just without the luck or complexity involved in obtaining one.

Im so sorry, I should have been more specific. So im playing other games to get ready to transfer for pokemon bank + pokemon x/y and thats what my question is asking lol

Im so sorry, I should have been more specific. So im playing other games to get ready to transfer for pokemon bank + pokemon x/y and thats what my question is asking lol
If you hack to get otherwise unobtainable event legendaries, that might be detected by Pokebank, depending on how good their safeguards are.

If you RNG, that's a legal hack, because it basically just guarantees you a perfect mon that you could've gotten by breeding/soft resetting.

She's in one of the alleyways off of Rouge Plaza--where looker HQ is. It's around the corner from the north pokemon center.
Actually, she was outside of Cafe' Cyclone by Vert Plaza. Thank you though.

I also just found the original one I 'lost'... Was left on the Deino I forgot I left in the daycare. derp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)