Aegislash: The Pivot

For once, Pokemon Showdown completed a game without a glitch and without weird stuff happening. I think this game overall demonstrated various elements of my team. The star of the show today is Aegislash, specifically UltiMario's "252 Sp. Atk / 252 Atk Mixed-Pivot".

Overall, Aegislash is an excellent switch-in vs Scizor, and I took advantage of that throughout this game. Every Scizor switchin was punished with an Aegislash switchin, which each time resulted in the KO of one more of tDewy's mon.

Replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-60054768

dragontamer5788 joined.
tDewy joined.
Format:
Pokebank OU (beta)
Rated battle

Evasion Abilities Clause:Evasion abilities are banned
Sleep Clause Mod:Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause:Limit one of each Pokemon
Moody Clause:Moody is banned
OHKO Clause:OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause:Evasion moves are banned
HP Percentage Mod:HP is reported as percentages
As far as I can tell, my team is pre-Pokebank ready. But Hydregeon / Draco Meteor is comming up as "Gen5 only" in Pokemon Showdown, so I participated in the OU Pokebank ladder. Since I'm emulating an in-game Wi Fi team, I've also restricted myself to Item Clause. Togekiss runs Pixie Plate, because TTar has taken the leftovers.

dragontamer5788's team:Tyranitar / Shuckle / Mawile / Hydreigon / Aegislash / Togekiss
tDewy's team:Charizard / Forretress / Togekiss / Rotom-Wash / Aegislash / Scizor

tDewy

VS

Dragontamer

First move of the game: What to lead with? My default lead is Tyranitar, so I pick him without thinking very much. In hindsight, I realize now this is the worst choice possible.

dragontamer5788:gl, hf
Battle between dragontamer5788 and tDewy started!
Go! Tyranitar!
tDewy sent out Scizor!
A sandstorm kicked up!
Match Start!

100%

100%

This matchup can't get any worse. I need to switch out, ASAP. Fortunately, Aegislash is a solid switchin vs Scizor.

Turn 1
Tyranitar, come back!
Go! Aegislash!
The foe's Scizor usedSuperpower!
It doesn't affect Aegislash...
The sandstorm rages.
100%
100%

It doesn't matter too much, Scizor is basically walled in completely by Aegislash. Now is the time to show why I use Ultimario's aggressive set.

Turn 2
tDewy withdrew Scizor!
tDewy sent out Charizard!
Aegislash usedShadow Ball!
The foe's Charizard lost 73% of its health!
Aegislash lost some of its HP!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Charizard is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Turn 3
Charizard has Mega Evolved into Mega Charizard!
Aegislash usedShadow Sneak!
The foe's Charizard lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Charizard fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

KOed
80% (Life Orb Recoil x2)

Against a different opponent, tDewy's move would have been fine. Most Aegislash that I see use Swords Dance / King's Shield, losing their momentum. Instead, I play a far more aggressive and greedy Aegislash to punish ASAP. The combination Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak safely KO's the majority of switchins thanks to 252 Atk and 252 Sp. Atk evs.

This is the point of "Pivot" Aegislash. Switch in on a walled attack, and then punish HARD. The following turn shows why I don't run King's Shield.

tDewy sent out Rotom-Wash!
100%
80% (Life Orb Recoil x2)

tDewy demonstrates wisdom: He has chosen a pokemon that doesn't care about King's Shield. With Pain Split, Will-o-Wisp, and T-Wave, Rotom-wash has a number of options to hurt or damage me THROUGH King's Shield.

And since I'm not set up, there is no hope for Aegislash to actually win this fight. King's Shield, or no King's Shield, I'm forced out. This early in the game, against better players, King's Shield is a deadweight move.

Turn 4
Aegislash, come back!
Go! Togekiss!
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedWill-O-Wisp!
Togekiss was burned!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Rotom-Wash is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Togekiss is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Rotom-Wash restored HP using its Leftovers!
Togekiss was hurt by its burn!
100%
87% (Burned)

I know switching Togekiss into a STAB electric Pokemon doesn't make much sense, but hear me out. WoW doesn't cut my offense, and I know that Togekiss is 3HKOed by Rotom's Thunderbolts. Believe it or not, I'm actually safe here. Still, the WoW hurts my Tanking ability, and forces me to roost more often.

Turn 5
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedVolt Switch!
It's super effective!Togekiss lost29.4%of its health!
The foe's Rotom-Wash went back to tDewy!
tDewy sent out Aegislash!
Togekiss usedShadow Ball!
A critical hit! It's super effective!The foe's Aegislash lost 45% of its health!
The sandstorm subsided.
The foe's Aegislash restored HP using its Leftovers!
55% (Crit)
45% (Burned)

Note: Despite the fact that I have Pixie Plate, Togekiss is walled by Rotom, and Rotom is more or less Walled by Togekiss. My goal here is to go for Shadow Ball Sp. Def hax asap. Fortunately, my opponent switches into Aegislash, granting me a free hit.

Turn 6
Togekiss usedThunder Wave!
The foe's Aegislash is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The foe's Aegislash is paralyzed! It can't move!
Turn 7
Togekiss usedRoost!
Togekiss regained health!
The foe's Aegislash usedSwords Dance!
The foe's Aegislash's Attack sharply rose!
Turn 8
The foe's Aegislash usedShadow Sneak!
Togekiss lost46.5%of its health!
Togekiss usedShadow Ball!
It's super effective!The foe's Aegislash lost 73% of its health!
The foe's Aegislash fainted!
With a little bit of Luck-Hax on that Thunderwave, I manage to capture a free Roost out of my opponent. Togekiss was sitting at 28% before the Roost here, because Burn was hurting quite a lot. Nonetheless, after a T-Wave, Togekiss can take advantage of "Faster Roost", and recover quite quickly. Togekiss's bulk easily survives Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, and Sacred Sword.

So I lock in the KO here.

KOed
6% (Burned)

tDewy sent out Scizor!
100%
6% (Burned)

Well, my Togekiss is utterly screwed now. After Burn and Shadow Sneak, I'm only stting at 6%. My goal is to counter any Scizor setup... I cannot afford to let Scizor get a free Swords Dance.

Turn 9
Togekiss usedThunder Wave!
The foe's Scizor is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The foe's Scizor is paralyzed! It can't move!
Togekiss fainted!
Huh, look at that. Scizor didn't go for bullet punch. Was that a Swords Dance?

Go! Hydreigon!
100% (Paralyzed)
100%

He knows that Fire Blast is comming, right? Time to Psych him out a bit.

Turn 10
Hydreigon usedU-turn!
It's not very effective...The foe's Scizor lost 6% of its health!
Hydreigon went back to dragontamer5788!
Uhhhh, crap. He didn't switch out. I guess he was risking the 15% chance to survive the Fire Blast? Fortunately, Aegislash is still a great switch in here.

Go! Aegislash!
The foe's Scizor usedSuperpower!
It doesn't affect Aegislash...
94%
80%

Look at that! Free Switchin. As usual, I'm going to do the Shadow Ball -> Shadow Sneak unless tDewy comes up with something different.

Turn 11
tDewy withdrew Scizor!
The foe's Rotom-Wash lost 61% of its health!
39%
70%

Rotom-Wash is an excellent switch into Aegislash. Once again, Aegislash is forced out. This is a point I need to emphisize: Good players force Aegislash out with good plays. But this is good, this is natural. Every switchin makes Aegislash back into Shield form. Use switches to enter Shield form, don't waste moveslots on King's Shield.

Anyway, Rotom-Wash was full HP and is now at ~40% after the Shadow Ball. Aegislash is forced out because he'll survive Shadow Sneak... and threatens that crippling Will-o-Wisp.

Turn 12
Aegislash, come back!
Go! Shuckle!
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedPain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!
63% (Pain Split)
81% (Pain Split)

Shuckle has four jobs on my team: Eat Status, Tank hits, Knock Off Items, and setup Sticky Web. A quick look at my opponent's pokemon that are left indicates that my Hydregeon outspeeds everyone without Sticky Web support.

Believe it or not, this means that Sticky Web takes the _lowest_ priority at this point in the battle. I prioritize hurting Rotom-Wash with Binding Band + Infestation, hopefully getting Rotom at much much lower HP.

Turn 13
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedHydro Pump!
Shuckle avoided the attack!
Shuckle usedKnock Off!
The foe's Rotom-Wash lost 4% of its health!
Shuckle knocked off the foe's Rotom-Wash's Leftovers!
Turn 14
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedWill-O-Wisp!
Shuckle was burned!
Shuckle usedInfestation!
The foe's Rotom-Wash lost 2% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-Wash's Infestation activated!
Shuckle was hurt by its burn!
The foe's Rotom-Wash is hurt by Infestation!
Turn 15
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedHydro Pump!
It's super effective!Shuckle lost47.5%of its health!
Shuckle usedSticky Web!
Sticky Web started!
Shuckle was hurt by its burn!
The foe's Rotom-Wash is hurt by Infestation!
31% (Leftovers Knocked Off)
KOed

Notice Shuckle tanking that Hydropump like a madman :-). I didn't feel like Rotom getting more HP from Pain Split if I rested. Instead, I was going to die here and now, and leave Rotom-W crippled at only 31 % HP left with no leftovers.

Turn 16
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedVolt Switch!
Shuckle lost4.9%of its health!
Shuckle fainted!
The foe's Rotom-Wash went back to tDewy!
tDewy sent out Togekiss!
Reminder to all: Do not use Volt Switch to kill an opponent. I now get to choose the best pokemon vs Togekiss. Since my TTar is running Sassy with 252 / 252 HP / Sp. Def EVs, I decide its the best switchin vs Togekiss. As long as Togekiss isn't running Aura Sphere, I should be fine.

Go! Tyranitar!
A sandstorm kicked up!
100%
100%

Turn 17
The foe's Togekiss usedDazzling Gleam!
It's super effective!Tyranitar lost33.2%of its health!
Tyranitar usedStealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Togekiss is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Tyranitar restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 18
tDewy withdrew Togekiss!
tDewy sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Scizor!
The foe's Scizor's Speed fell!
Tyranitar usedStone Edge!
The foe's Scizor lost 43% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar restored HP using its Leftovers!
I get a good hit vs Scizor, but I still need to keep TTar alive to own Togekiss later. Aegislash switchin yet again.

40% (Paralyzed)
73%

Turn 19
Tyranitar, come back!
Go! Aegislash!
The foe's Scizor is paralyzed! It can't move!
The sandstorm rages.
Turn 20
The foe's Scizor lost 38% of its health!
The foe's Scizor fainted!
The sandstorm rages.
KOed
60%

Unfortunate paralysis hax once again. But I'll take it. I'm unsure if anything beyond this point needs commentary, aside from one more Aegislash Kill vs Forretress. Without any sweeper or win condition left for tDewy, I simply exchange blows that lead to victory.

tDewy sent out Togekiss!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Togekiss!
Turn 21
Aegislash, come back!
Go! Tyranitar!
The foe's Togekiss usedTrick!
The foe's Togekiss switched items with its target!
Tyranitar obtained one Choice Scarf.
The foe's Togekiss obtained one Leftovers.
The sandstorm subsided.
The foe's Togekiss restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 22
dragontamer5788:sure, I'm cool with that :-)
tDewy withdrew Togekiss!
tDewy sent out Forretress!
The foe's Forretress's Speed fell!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Forretress!
The foe's Forretress lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Forretress restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 23
tDewy:haha
Tyranitar, come back!
Go! Aegislash!
The foe's Forretress usedStealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!
The foe's Forretress restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 24
The foe's Forretress lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Forretress fainted!
tDewy sent out Togekiss!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Togekiss!
Turn 25
Aegislash, come back!
Go! Tyranitar!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar!
A sandstorm kicked up!
The foe's Togekiss usedRoost!
The foe's Togekiss regained health!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Togekiss is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Togekiss restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 26
The foe's Togekiss usedDazzling Gleam!
It's super effective!Tyranitar lost33.2%of its health!
It's super effective!The foe's Togekiss lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Togekiss fainted!
The sandstorm rages.
dragontamer5788:GGs
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rotom-Wash!
Turn 27
The foe's Rotom-Wash usedPain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!
The foe's Rotom-Wash lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-Wash fainted!
dragontamer5788 won the battle!
In summary, Aegislash had 3 kills this match, and was easily the star player. My strategy here more or less boiled down into "Switch Aegislash in safely", and then "Protect Aegislash from Status". It played the ideal pivot.

Final Lineup:

Dragontamer

Aegislash KOs:

TTar KOs:

Togekiss KOs:

I'm making this warstory to somewhat prove a point. Good players play well. They will make plays that threaten Aegislash over and over and over, never giving him the room to Swords Dance or King's Shield. Setting up is a gift from the opponent... a gift that better players tend to not give.

I argue therefore, it is Aegislash's premier job to attack early and often.

Last edited:
Was going to write warstory 3 days ago but got lazy because couldn't choose the best battle. But it doesn't matter anymore because it wouldn't be the first any more!!!

Useless rant stops here.

Not a great battle but more of a showcase like you said yourself. Aegislash is very interesting poke which works great in OU and also ubers. I predict there will be more warstories like this showing elements of the 6th gen metagame.

Educational stuff. I was kind of leery of using non-KS Aegislash, but this is a perfect illustration of how well it can work. Thanks for sharing.

Great warstory. I've been reading up on Aegislash, trying to decide how best to use him, and you just gave a great example. What's its nature and full moveset?

Nice to see a warstory! I enjoyed reading but your opponent played very poorly with Scizor, constantly using Superpower when U-turn was the obvious, best, and safest move. It still would have done hefty damage if you stayed in while gaining momentum. Unless it was SD and didn't have U-turn, in which case you pretty much won based on the parahax that stopped it from setting up. I was honestly very disappointed with the match, since there were other obvious misplays like him not going to Scizor immediately when it was Togekiss v. Tyranitar.

Still, I liked the format, the point about Aegislash, and I'm never going to complain about seeing a warstory around here! Good job

Nice to see a warstory! I enjoyed reading but your opponent played very poorly with Scizor, constantly using Superpower when U-turn was the obvious, best, and safest move. It still would have done hefty damage if you stayed in while gaining momentum. Unless it was SD and didn't have U-turn, in which case you pretty much won based on the parahax that stopped it from setting up. I was honestly very disappointed with the match, since there were other obvious misplays like him not going to Scizor immediately when it was Togekiss v. Tyranitar.

Still, I liked the format, the point about Aegislash, and I'm never going to complain about seeing a warstory around here! Good job
I agree. Parahax made this particular match extremely one-sided. I bet Scizor was trying to setup with Swords Dance in a number of those moves, which would have put me in a pretty bad spot. Scizor was pretty much paralyzed for every turn after Togekiss T-Waved him, which was unusually lucky for me.

The other misplay he did was switching in a Non-Iron Head Aegislash into my Togekiss. If there was Iron Head, he probably couled have KOed Togekiss, but instead, Togekiss survives and gets a final T-Wave that eventually cripples Scizor. Despite Burn taking away 12% every turn, it is clear that Togekiss has a massive advantage against typical Aegislash sets. I run Iron Head on my Aegislash for this very reason: the bulky fairies in this metagame WILL wall you, despite the 150 base Atk and Sp. Attack.

He needed to get Scizor in vs Togekiss sooner. Togekiss does not like Bullet Punches.

Nonetheless, he played vs my Aegislash nearly perfectly. The loss of Charizard was technically a misplay, but one that would have worked against most opponents. Without Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak on the switchin, Aegislash would have been forced out by a this "check".

But relying on Rotom-W to force Aegislash out every turn, and Pain Splitting his HP back to the top was a good strategy overall.

Great warstory. I've been reading up on Aegislash, trying to decide how best to use him, and you just gave a great example. What's its nature and full moveset?
I'm straight up using UltiMario's set, that was discussed at this point in the Aegislash thread. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aegislash.3489876/page-5#post-4907785

UltiMario said:
Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
I strongly feel that most players on Pokemon Showdown are using Aegislash incorrectly... playing with Swords Dance / Kings Shield shenanigans with a Pokemon that has neither the defense nor the speed to have any real staying power. There are a number of other awesome sets found throughout the Aegislash thread. But the "obvious" King's Shield sets have been extremely underwhelming to me... especially as the community is learning how to deal with King's Shield.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Not complaining in the slightest that this is the first warstory of gen 6.

Good shit. Shows how deadly the set can be.

Would've loved to see your game plan for Stance Dance Aegislash if you didn't get the Shadow Ball crit hax. Otherwise, good story.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with the others-- good warstory.

Technical point-- technically, there's nothing wrong with killing an opponent with U-Turn/Volt Switch-- in fact, using these moves to finish off an opponent is one of their BEST uses since it forces the opponent to choose between keeping their pokemon alive, or giving up more momentum. It almost check-mates the opponent the way Pursuit does.

Even if he DOES sacrifice his mon, it's not just with Volt/Turn but ANY time you make a kill, the opponent will get to choose his next switch-in, so that point is moot. Generally speaking (though the individual battles/situations always make a difference) the only reason why you wouldn't want to use one of these moves to make a kill is if there's excess hazards on the field and you don't want to rack up more passive damage on your teammates.

Would've loved to see your game plan for Stance Dance Aegislash if you didn't get the Shadow Ball crit hax. Otherwise, good story.
Switch in Mawile and spam Sucker Punch.

A T-Waved opponent is a weak one. Normally, Aegislash would outrun Mega-Mawile (faster Shadow Sneaks make Sucker Punch fail). But with it T-Waved, Mega Mawile would safely revenge-kill it without issue. Except for the fact that Pokemon Showdown is glitchy right now, and a failed Sucker Punch vs King's Shield drops your Atk. (no... it doesn't work like that in WiFi )

If Aegislash lost enough HP, TTar Earthquake probably would KO even in Shield form. TTar easily tanks +2 and +4 Shadow Sneaks.

The T-Wave from Togekiss was key to securing a clean revenge-kill against Aegislash. I think trading Togekiss for Aegislash is overall a good trade, especially since the opponent already lost his Charizard.

Agreeing with the others-- good warstory.

Technical point-- technically, there's nothing wrong with killing an opponent with U-Turn/Volt Switch-- in fact, using these moves to finish off an opponent is one of their BEST uses since it forces the opponent to choose between keeping their pokemon alive, or giving up more momentum. It almost check-mates the opponent the way Pursuit does.

Even if he DOES sacrifice his mon, it's not just with Volt/Turn but ANY time you make a kill, the opponent will get to choose his next switch-in, so that point is moot. Generally speaking (though the individual battles/situations always make a difference) the only reason why you wouldn't want to use one of these moves to make a kill is if there's excess hazards on the field and you don't want to rack up more passive damage on your teammates.
Your base logic seems sound... in particular, if the opponent switches into a pokemon that does "best against my best choice", thats a lot better than leaving in Rotom-W against a potential Mawile Suckerpunch, or what have you. Togekiss seemed like the best `mon to face the rest of my team at that point.

Last edited:
I strongly feel that most players on Pokemon Showdown are using Aegislash incorrectly... playing with Swords Dance / Kings Shield shenanigans with a Pokemon that has neither the defense nor the speed to have any real staying power. There are a number of other awesome sets found throughout the Aegislash thread. But the "obvious" King's Shield sets have been extremely underwhelming to me... especially as the community is learning how to deal with King's Shield.
I fully agree. I run a somewhat similar set, in the sense that is meant to switch in, attack, and gtfo, but foregoing the ability to switch moves and hitting harder on the physical side, for a bulkier spread and more special power in the form of 252 HP EVs and Choice Specs. My reasoning is that, most of the time, Aegislash just uses Shadow Ball and gets out, so Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak is usually better. I don't use Shadow sneak much if at all, though, so I'm planning to change it to HP Ice for the 4x weak crew.

In any case, King's Shield is so predictable and so easy to maneuver around that it's actually detrimental to Aegislash's success. Switching in, taking a resisted hit, and hitting back hard before leaving is what it does best, as this warstory clearly demonstrates.

I don't inherently agree with that. King's Shield is certainly exploitable, but it also lets you do cool stuff like scout choice-locked opponents and of course switch back to your shield forme. King's Shield also helps make it easier for Aegislash to escape a Pursuit-trapper. 50/150/150 defensive stats are good, but certainly not fantastic, especially without significant investment, but they are also certainly not bad, especially in conjunction with Aegislash's fantastic defensive typing. It's also important to keep in mind that one of the reasons why sets such as the one in this warstory can sometimes be so successful is that King's Shield sets are so common that the opponent can often be caught off guard. If this set or ones like it become the new standard or the most popular, sets with King's Shield become more unexpected and can flourish. It's just the natural way this game works; over time, things rise and fall in popularity, and as they do, their checks and counters adapt.

I don't inherently agree with that. King's Shield is certainly exploitable, but it also lets you do cool stuff like scout choice-locked opponents and of course switch back to your shield forme. King's Shield also helps make it easier for Aegislash to escape a Pursuit-trapper. 50/150/150 defensive stats are good, but certainly not fantastic, especially without significant investment, but they are also certainly not bad, especially in conjunction with Aegislash's fantastic defensive typing. It's also important to keep in mind that one of the reasons why sets such as the one in this warstory can sometimes be so successful is that King's Shield sets are so common that the opponent can often be caught off guard. If this set or ones like it become the new standard or the most popular, sets with King's Shield become more unexpected and can flourish. It's just the natural way this game works; over time, things rise and fall in popularity, and as they do, their checks and counters adapt.
Yeah, I agree. I believe the other sets are excellent, but you most certainly can't say that people using King's shield are playing with Aegislash the "wrong" way. As long as innovation exists, there is no "right and wrong" way to use a pokemon if the set can work (which king's shield sets do accomplish)

This is by far the best warstory I've read thus far, but I have to say I'm a big underwhelmed with your opponent's strategy, especially in a couple areas.

First, there was absolutely no reason not to finish off Togekiss with a bullet punch and risk taking damage with Scizor. An unboosted bullet punch would easily have knocked out Togekiss. And then he misses the obvious Fire Blast from Hydreigon on the same turn. There were two likely outcomes for you to pick against his Scizor: you fire blast, or you try to double switch to Aegislash. For some reason your opponent chose to Superpower? Makes zero sense to me.

On turn 19, Scizor was fully parlayzed. But I would bet thousands of dollars that your opponent went for a third consecutive superpower and missed the obvious Aegislash switch in. As others have said, your opponent played extremely poorly with Scizor, and that's not counting the parahax.

Nice to see a good format. Easy to follow, easy to read.

Overall, a good job, and enjoyable.

On at least 95% of these war stories, there's always at least a few comments critiquing the war story as boring. I write war stories, try to think up unique strategies, and am basically here to entertain. So would someone PLEASE tell me what their definition of "exciting" is.

On at least 95% of these war stories, there's always at least a few comments critiquing the war story as boring. I write war stories, try to think up unique strategies, and am basically here to entertain. So would someone PLEASE tell me what their definition of "exciting" is.
Lawl. Clearly it's the down-to-the-wire, epic match of the century, filled with prediction and counter-prediction, unexpected yet extremely effective, maybe even meta changing ideas, and plays that are so precise and timed well to the point where it seems coordinated for perfection. Duh. Jk, I was fine with something like this. More than fine, actually. It proved a point rather than just being a mindless story. And that's what makes a story good. Having something behind it that tells you something, that provides a nugget of wisdom. So yeah, this was a good warstory.

This is the first warstory I've read (that I remember. ...or maybe the first one I commented on. Either way) and it was pretty damn good. As a person who used Scizor a lot last meta, though, the misplays on his part... God they were painful. That does make me wonder, though... It's hard to tell from the plays but I wonder if Scizor was Banded? It might explain why he went for the Superpowers with reckless abandon, to a slight extent - if it hits, it'll do a lot of damage and he'd have to switch out anyway. Aside from that it did convince me to try that Aegislash set; that looks freaking terrifying and I actually can't wait to try it. I'm sorry for not being able to contribute much to this. ><

Honestly, I completely agree that KS is pretty much a waste on Aegislash. I will have my physical Infernape out (unboosted) and people to will send out Aegislash to try and kill my momentum with KS to halve my attack. And so... Every. Single. Time. I predict the KS, use SD to double my attack instead of it being halved, and Fire Punch them in the face for a nice easy OHKO. They think they are about to kill my momentum, and instead, it's the worst mistake they could make. I gain a free SD and a free KO cause they thought they would use KS. Nope. However, if they used this set instead, it would take my Infernape down to low health if it didn't KO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)