Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

I'm probably not really one to talk since I've done some pretty noobish things myself but...

Once I battled a guy who had only one Pokémon on his entire team: an Electrode.

He made it use Explosion on the first turn.

I'm still really confused about that...

There should be a ladder that only people who have ever gotten a rating of, say, 2000 can play on.
People with certain ratings are automatically paired up with people around the same rating. For example, a person with 800 rating could not battle a 2000 player. Even if there was such a ladder, it would be quite sparse at only about 10% of people have 2000+ rating, and not all of those people are on all the time.

People with certain ratings are automatically paired up with people around the same rating. For example, a person with 800 rating could not battle a 2000 player. Even if there was such a ladder, it would be quite sparse at only about 10% of people have 2000+ rating, and not all of those people are on all the time.
Yeah, I guess. But I always found it annoying when I make a new alt and I play some idiot.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I blame the lack of good competition on the ladder. That's why good players are using bad teams.
Nah, I was just bored. It's not about competition, it's about how much (or rather how little) sleep I got the previous night and how much I need to go to sleep.

Oh man lower ladder sucks. Its not easy to ladder out at all, simply because they use so much random shit. Like, I was going to KO an opponents weakened Rotom Wash with Secret Sword and it ate its Chople Berry. And serene grace lucky punch Blissey haxing your ass off.
A lie because Chople Berry only activates aainst super effective hits.

Lucky Punch only works on Chansey...
A lie because Chople Berry only activates aainst super effective hits.
So that whole thing was a lie.
Oh man lower ladder sucks. Its not easy to ladder out at all, simply because they use so much random shit. Like, I was going to KO an opponents weakened Rotom Wash with Secret Sword and it ate its Chople Berry. And serene grace lucky punch Blissey haxing your ass off.
I de-liked this.

Apperently the other guy didnt know either. He was just really lucky then. And Chople Berry does activate against neutral hits. Otherwise i wouldnt post it here lol.
[21:12:28] %TyraniBOAH: !data chople berry
  • Chople Berry
Halves damage taken from a super effective Fighting-type attack. Single use.

And how would you know if the Blissey had a Lucky Punch?

And Chople Berry does activate against neutral hits. Otherwise i wouldnt post it here lol.
Serebii:
A Poffin ingredient. If held by a Pokémon, it weakens a foe’s supereffective Fighting-type attack.
Bulbapedia:
Halves the effectiveness of a super effective fighting-type attack.
Smogon:
When held by a Pokemon, reduces the power of a damaging Fighting-type move that would hit the holder for super effective damage by 50%.

It's definitely super-effective.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well PS is on beta, and if that really did happen then you should report it since it shouldn't happen at all. :O

And while this been a good while, I always found it funny when people ran SB Combusken/Gabite shortly after Blaziken/Garchomp got banned, or worse... when people ran Drilbur when Excadrill was banned. Lol

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Bulbapedia quote: These are Berries that reduce the damage done by a particular type of move when it first hits and causes (barring Chilan Berry) super effective damage

you are a liar ogasian

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do you happen to have a replay? It's a lot harder to verify and solve bug reports without replays. A date on it would help too.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Apperently the other guy didnt know either. He was just really lucky then. And Chople Berry does activate against neutral hits. Otherwise i wouldnt post it here lol.
It doesn't normally... Maybe the guy you fought was such a noob that his noobiness made the berry not work properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)