DS Games Discussion

We're also not likely to be getting a sequel to Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, or the localization of further Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney games, because of low sales. And yet, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV: Now with extra costumes and more DLC sell exceptionally well all the time. I guess being able to pump out mindless updates to games and repackaging them is more profitable than actually creating new games.
Still sacrificing to the gods for Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. Capcom already broke my heart with the second Investigations game :( Seriously, guys, I promise I'll even pay for it...

Thanks for the comments on Radiant Historia! I guess I really just need to sit down and play it -_-

Still sacrificing to the gods for Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. Capcom already broke my heart with the second Investigations game :( Seriously, guys, I promise I'll even pay for it...

Thanks for the comments on Radiant Historia! I guess I really just need to sit down and play it -_-
Capcom broke my heart when Inafune left and then they immediately cancelled Megaman Legends 3, and then they shattered it when they made cheat codes DLC for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Remember cheat codes? Those things that use to be funny gags that were left in the game and were FREE? Yeah, apparently, that's not good enough for Capcom. You need to pay for them now.

Glad you're going to give Radiant Historia a chance. It got completely overshadowed when it was released by the launch of the 3DS, so (I feel) that it didn't get the proper attention it deserves.

The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Scribblenauts
Pokemon Black and HG
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
All of these are some of my favorites for the DS.

Capcom broke my heart when Inafune left and then they immediately cancelled Megaman Legends 3, and then they shattered it when they made cheat codes DLC for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Remember cheat codes? Those things that use to be funny gags that were left in the game and were FREE? Yeah, apparently, that's not good enough for Capcom. You need to pay for them now.
...omg @ paying for cheat codes and easter eggs.

Yeah, like I said, Super Scribblenauts is a giant improvement on Scribblenauts's problems. I'm glad the devs took criticism into account, because Super Scribblenauts is so much better for it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Golden Sun DS is amazing. Just throwing that out there.

How could you guys forget to mention heartgold and soulsilver!? While some may disagree, I thought they were great remakes.
OP says no Pokemon discussion. PMD is better anyway.

Golden Sun DS is amazing. Just throwing that out there.
I found it very mediocre, especially concerning the difficulty. It felt like it was holding my hand the entire time, and none of the bosses ever came especially close to actually killing me (didn't bother even level grinding). Also, permanent missables such as Djinns is extremely annoying.

It's an alright game, but I didn't find it overwhelming. I felt. that Golden Sun 1 and 2 on the GBA were better.

Adding Metroid Prime Hunters for the multiplayer, even if WiFi was full of hackers.

About Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, definitely not as good as the original, but still fun. If difficulty's a problem, try it while only using Matthew, that makes the bosses hard :)

Agreeing with all the suggestions so far, I loved every single one of them. I'd also like to say that Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies is one of the best games on the DS, and it's very expansive. It'll keep you engaged for ages. If you like RPGs or just being entertained for awhile, pick it up.
OMG yes! Dragon Quest IX is one of my favourite games of all time. There is just so much that you can do in the game. In fact, I currently have more then 250 hours currently logged on my file, and I still have lots of Alchemey recipes to find, quest to do, and of course, King Metal Slime grinding :). The best part for me when was I faced Baramos. Hearing that amazing music for the first time in 6 years was just a blessing.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
yugioh DS games are surprisingly not terrible, theres a story mode and a tournament mode and dueling becomes moderately addictive after a surprisingly short amount of time. definitely worth picking up if you feel like being obsessed with something for roughly a month. word of caution though: if you play the game for any longer than a month, itll probably stop being fun for a really really REALLY long time. just the way it works mannn

ninja town is probably one of the best games ever. its easy as hell and takes absolutely no time at all to beat, but if youre like me - a nut for tower defense games - then youre guaranteed to fucking love ninja town. think bloons tower defense 4 but infinitely more adorable and innovative. NINJAS ARE KAWAII

kirby squeak squad is an adorable platformer game that is actually really fun. typical kirby game, but i think squeak squad is a cut above the rest because theres soooo many forms that you can transform into, and no "wrong" or "right" form to play as in any given situation, making the game pretty innovative and fun. it wont change your life, but itll definitely help you kill a few days/weeks or however long it takes to beat it.

animal crossing: wild world is without a doubt the best non-pokemon DS game of all time. theres just something about living in a town with a bunch of super cuddly, oh-so-fluffy forest creatures that makes for an awesome gaming experience. i dare you to play this game for an hour and not be addicted. seriously, the sheer number of hours ive wasted on this game is a little embarassing. also, i time travel and im proud, GET AT ME

also i dont even own a 3DS lol, the 3D hurts my eyes so much its unreal

Snorlaxe, honey, you can turn the 3D off with the slider. :) Saves battery power. And I assure you, you can play without the 3D. Maybe some games will come out where you must have the 3D. I hope none of them are good, because I can't actually see it :p Enough about the 3DS though...

also, i time travel and im proud, GET AT ME
WORD. I spent about a month playing through like a few weeks a day, hardcore Animal Crossing marathons. Kinda embarrassing but not really!!! (Animal Crossing for the GameCube is better imo but Wild World has a lot of gameplay improvements, it's really good.) Wild World is just compact and portable enough; the medium really suits the style. I can't wait for Animal Crossing 3DS.

breh

強いだね
I'm not a fan of Squeak Squad. It's a very, very short game and, frankly, one that's far too easy. If I have enough luck with that damned "guess the door you're supposed to pick to get the treasure" level, I can usually play through the game in under 2 hours. Literally every power bar a few is hilariously abusable (ghost, cupid, ice, animal, and ufo are the only ones I can think of off the top of my mind that are unusable), making the game a lot easier than it should be.

I prefer Canvas Curse to all of the other Kirby games (haven't played RtD though); the music is fantastic and the gameplay is fun.

Despite the fact that I liked playing Kirby super star ultra, I have a hard time actually recommending it. It really is quite a short game, and the only reason why you would replay one of the games is if you want to do better at it. Of course, because I'm obsessed with getting a better time on the arena stages, I'm still playing it. I do have to say that the music is actually quite good, and the ending cut scene of Revenge of the King was one of the most heartwarming cut scenes I've seen in a while.

Finished Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective just a few hours ago. Man, that last chapter. Gotta admit, I didn't see it coming.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here's some games not mentioned that I have in my backlog and will eventually get around to finishing
Okamiden
Rune Factory series
Infinite Space
Avalon Code
Dragon Quest V and VI
Knights in the Nightmare
Glory of Heracles
Magical Starsign
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Izuna series
There's some obscure games in there but I'm generally interested in those kinds of games.

I'd also recommend the Castlevania and Megaman Star Force games, and for the obscure games, Nostalgia, Legendary Starfy, Luminous Arc and Last Window (sequel to Hotel Dusk)

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Oh yeah, forgot to mention:
I really really loved Mario&Luigi: Partners in Time.
It was so much fun; though the boss fights were pretty long if you didn't equip yourself well.

The Sonic Rush series is a great series on the ds. At the time of their release they were the best sonic games to date and indeed one of the best side story sonic games to be released.

Mario Kart.
I wasted summers on this.
I also liked Elite Beat Agents (I think it was called). It was dumb sounding at first but it caught on quickly in my mind.

So, I'm finally about to break into the Professor Layton franchise. Question is, should I start with Last Specter (considering it's a prequel to the trilogy), or would Curious Village be a better game to ease into the series?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)