Why Shoddy over NetBattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for people's opinions on shoddybattle over netbattle. Aside from the Smogon community existing on shoddybattle, in terms of the software itself - which one is really better?

Here are some of my observations

Shoddy pros:
* Can issue and receive multiple challenges and battles
* More reliable connection handling
* Some handy display features, like mouse-over on pokeballs for status

NetBattle pros:
* Much better themed layout
* Infinitely better team builder (sorry, but NetBattle's team builder is amazing, especially the EV (locks and sliders) and moves (sortable columns) portions)
* Built-in Dex info. Very handy to pull up Pokedex on whatever the opponent has thrown on the field, very useful in abnormal metagames like NU and little cup

What do you think? This thread could dual-purpose as a suggestions thread for Shoddy 2.

I'm looking for people's opinions on shoddybattle over netbattle. Aside from the Smogon community existing on shoddybattle, in terms of the software itself - which one is really better?

Here are some of my observations

Shoddy pros:
* Can issue and receive multiple challenges and battles
* More reliable connection handling
* Some handy display features, like mouse-over on pokeballs for status

NetBattle pros:
* Much better themed layout
* Infinitely better team builder (sorry, but NetBattle's team builder is amazing, especially the EV (locks and sliders) and moves (sortable columns) portions)
* Built-in Dex info. Very handy to pull up Pokedex on whatever the opponent has thrown on the field, very useful in abnormal metagames like NU and little cup

What do you think? This thread could dual-purpose as a suggestions thread for Shoddy 2.
I agree with everything you've said. But one major improvement I think shoddy has over netbattle (at least, from when I played it a while ago), is that it doesn't show the opponent's entire team upon battling. I always used to hate that.

Also the "find battle" thing to only battle against people near your rank is nice, so you can find battles without going through person after person with Mewtwo, Groudon, etc. when looking for people to challenge.

Netbattle's new developers made a mistake in releasing a half-finished product before the kinks were worked out. Shoddy already has most of its bugs fixed.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
There is a reason why no one should ever install NetBattle on his computer: it installs a rootkit on your computer. This is a type of malware, and recommending somebody install NetBattle on his computer is like recommeding that he install any other sort of malware, such as a trojan horse or virus.

Anyway, we already have a thread for Shoddy Battle 2 suggestions. Post in it if you have suggestions. We don't need two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)