Let's Play! Gotta Play (A Handful) Of Em' All (Current Project: Pokemon Platinum)

First things first, our levels. We did a little off screen grinding. Clearing out the some remaining routes and all that jazz. Still no Snorlax though...
Screenshot (235).png

Oh no. The ADHD is learning how to hide its presence, becoming a bigger threat now. When it appears once more, I will be unguarded and...what was I talking about again?
Screenshot (236).png

That...is a -1 Return. Big Boi is indeed a Big Boi.
Screenshot (237).png

Why is this not an Infernape? There is no reason as to why it should not be. I mean, I'm glad it isn't but at the same time....bruh.
Screenshot (238).png

And that is Silverpowder boosted Bug Bite. Not bad damage at all. I do know where Aerial Ace is and just outright forgor to go get it. We rectify this much later though.
Screenshot (239).png

When is the last time anyone has heard the word stupendous?
Screenshot (242).png

These are our levels prior to Wake as of now. I invested more into Dendro due to Dry Skin.
Screenshot (243).png

Screenshot (244).png

My Eyes.jpg

So yeah, Gyarados is a non issue though I used Swagger to deal with it. For some reason, the AI is coded to use Water Moves on you. My thinking is that since that is the hardest he can hit with it and Waterfall being quite the nuclear option for this stage of the game, the AI saw a neutral target and went for it. Only for Dry Skin to say "Nah Fam". The interesting thing is though is that Wake kept doing it. Maybe the AI changes the move when it finally hits but because it can't hit, it continues to try?
Screenshot (245).png

Yeah, you see where this is going. Because of Intimidate, we really cannot hit for any kind of damage. so we are left to Swagger this too. Mud Bomb or Shot, I forget which, never hit. It doesn't help that Croagunk has pretty lousy stats for this high of a level too. Granted, Quag is known for being somewhat bulky too.
Screenshot (246).png

And with that, one of the harder gyms goes down with very little issue. Honestly, it's funny but also kind of a let down that it can be trivialized like this.
Screenshot (249).png

Our reward is Brine. Honestly, it isn't a bad move at all! The issues I have with it is that it has 10 PP, comes a little bit too late since Surf is literally at the next major fight, and the fact that if you had hit a Pokemon and dropped it to half or more already, then you just....hit that move again? I can see it if the Pokemon is super bulky and that this will get you the KO. So it does have it's uses albeit minor ones.
Screenshot (251).png

So I am going to attempt to avoid certain words here. While I do get that Pokemon went full in with it, I rather not get flagged or have my FBI agent get an alert. Anyway. Apparently the button was a Spoink. Good to know.
Screenshot (256).png

This just in at Pastoria City. Local Gym Leader Wake is roasted by the suspect. It's an absolute savage burn towards Wake.
Screenshot (257).png

Man, I wish. That would be a really neat concept. That our sister is Cynthia and that we are traveling the region to partake in the League and dethrone her.
Screenshot (264).png

Shocking isn't it. Don't worry, I wasn't given the option. He just self inserted himself into my life.
Screenshot (265).png

Apparently, calling it a fat turd triggered the evolution. If only I had known sooner....
Screenshot (262).png

Behold. Horror. This fight is just horrendous to do. I had all 5 up to snuff and I came out with 2. I had to use Revives, Toxic the Gyarados, and pray. This is also in the Fog so I hope that people do use Defog on the Overworld.
Screenshot (266).png

After a bit of grinding, we get Toxicroak. Finally we have usable stats and can hit very hard. I quickly give it Swords Dance and upgrade Revenge to Brick Break.
Screenshot (267).png

Sure thing, voiceless body in the distance.
Screenshot (269).png

So Toxicroak alone has taken down Sneasel and Golbat. We are at +2 at this point and -2 Defense from Screech Sneasel. Ice Punch did that much damage. Golbat missed Air Cutter and I 2HKO's with Sucker Punch. Can we clutch a sweep?
Screenshot (272).png

Yes. Yes we can. Brick Break OHKO's Murkrow here. I forget what it used but yeah. Liking Dendro even more now.
Screenshot (273).png

So honest thoughts here. Many would probably say after what they just did a bit ago, she should have seen them as a threat. Here is where I kinda differ a bit. Cynthia is by far the strongest trainer in this game. Probably in the franchise even. If we were in her shoes and with how powerful we are, would we have seen Team Galactic as any threat too? If anything, we would have seen them as a nuisance that the local police could deal with. Something that isn't worth the Champion's time. Essentially, "harmless" to us. Not so harmless to others which she is now realizing. People are getting hurt or are in jeopardy of some serious harm due to this perception she has of herself. Maybe I am overthinking but thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
Screenshot (276).png

And with that, we wrap up this episode. See you in the next one!

EDIT: Forgor a Screenie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)