Smogon Forums

Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Haha, well I'm lucky I got all those original parents with good/flawless IVs already.^^
I don't really know how much TM method would help with breeding, if I can't save the spread anyway.
Vanadinite
Vanadinite
Yeah, I am really envious to those who can save the spread. I plan to do some TM once I have access to Y so I can reset for spread on AS and use the Y if I need to breed it etc..

4 IV HA to 5IV HA female is terrible, about 1/300 iirc
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
1/160 I think, which is still much too low and the reason why I don't offer 5IV fossils/starters on my thread^^
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
But it can't be helped, the most interesting Pokemon are set to be low ratio females most of the time..
Vanadinite
Vanadinite
That, or terrible egg cycles. Like Volcarona. I'm planning to breed HP rock for a TSV project, but hell... Imagine that egg cycle :p
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Wow, I never realized that there are different egg cycles..
And wouldn't HP Ground be more useful, since Heatran is the main issue for Volcarona?
Vanadinite
Vanadinite
HP rock can hit Tflame switch-in.

Yeah, I have prepared various balls for various shiny Volcarona HP and builds lol
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Good luck to you on the project then! :P
Could never get myself to do HP spreads so far, it's like the masterclass of breeding haha.
Vanadinite
Vanadinite
HP is only hard on low rate mons like HP Ice Char or HP Fire Bulb, else it's just like normal breeding (^^)

Masterclass breeding is probably 6IV breeding. 6IV HP is even worse, such as HP Ice Naive Blaziken, HP Grass Rash Luxray, etc.
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Or perhaps something like HP Ice 6IV Volt Tackle Pichu. x_X
I guess it's just harder to find suitable parents and IV checks for HP spreads.
Vanadinite
Vanadinite
Well, luckily we have most's hp dittos lol.

Checking it is actually the problem. Usually I breed it up to 5IV before starting to breed HP. Once a specific IV is no more perfect, I use rare candies to check for HP and reset.
Vanadinite
Vanadinite
Yo cretacerus, do you mind hatching a few more eggs on reddit for me? I usually ask Magnus to do it but he's not around :/

You can keep a non-redis copy for yourself, ofc. :)