Signups Doubles Derby II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

You told me to save me from a hell on earth
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
derby (1).png

Doubles Derby II
Manager Signups
OP partially stolen from kaori
Format for the tour is as follows:
  • If manager signups allow it, 8x8 (8 teams, 8 slots with 2 subs) with 2x SV DOU, 2x SV Natdex DOU, 1x SV DUU, 1x Doubles LC, 1x DPP DOU, and 1x ADV DOU (which is Bo3).
  • The season will be a round robin format, making it 7 weeks long, with the top 4 teams progressing to an elimination playoffs bracket.
  • One manager can selfbuy with a price determined by the following formula: [((max(10,000, last auction price) + 10,000 + (1,500 * all wins last Derby))/2) rounded up to the nearest .5k], but players appointed as a co after the draft can still play.

Signup format below:

Name:
Time zone:
Significant time missed:
Co-manager name if applicable:
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED):
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one):
Why should you be a Derby manager?:
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?:

Manager signups will last a week and player signups will go up on Monday, May 13th.

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Name: Amaranth
Time zone: GMT+2
Significant time missed: None Whatsoever
Co-manager name if applicable: Smudge
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): I will be joining Smudge on his Jubilife Jockeys Journey
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one): smudge will post it
Why should you be a Derby manager?: My team last year was not terrible + good track record as a manager outside dou (won roapl + spl playoffs with classiest both just in 2023)
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: SVDOU ADVDOU and i will probably pick up one or two more for the tour

Name: zee
Time zone: GMT-4 (same for Arctic)
Significant time missed: NAIC June 6-9 (Arcticblast will not be attending)
Co-manager name if applicable: Arcticblast
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Icirrus Ice Riders
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one): not yet
Why should you be a Derby manager?: I've managed in DWC and DPL (and have won both tours in different editions) and am looking to complete the trio with my good friend Arcticblast. After a DPL campaign where tyo and I managed to reach finals, I feel confident in my leadership skills and am excited to have another chance at a team tour win. Arctic also has prior managing experience and together the power of our friendship will make foes quiver.
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: (former?) DPP and ADV TL/current council, played those and Doubles Ubers in the last Derby. Scrubbed out of OSDT but I would say I have a decent amount of SV DOU experience and am a council member. I was involved in the majority of the Cratermakers' DUU building this DPL. I went 4-0 in NDPL and am currently in 3-1 in NDWC for National Dex Doubles. Arctic top cut OSDT this year, and has sizeable knowledge of all the remaining derby tiers.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
Name: kaori
Time zone: -4
Significant time missed: None
Co-manager name if applicable: xqiht
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Neigh Bark Town
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one): tbd
Why should you be a Derby manager?: Plenty of experience managing team tours (DOU WCOP with a 2/2 playoff rate, DPL like 5 times, BSPL 3x, etc. etc.). Just won this last DPL and the US Central teams have done very well and built a good culture.
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: Myself: DUU, DPP xqiht: SV DOU, ND DOU

Last edited:

Seraphz

formerly Oblivion Wing
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Seraphz
Time zone: -3 (-6 for Akaru)
Co-manager name if applicable: Akaru Kokuyo
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Celestial Chargers

Why should you be a Derby manager?: I've played alot of DOU tours recently such as OSDT and DWCOP, made playoffs in OSDT and went positive in DWCOP aswell, I do also experience as a manager in other tournaments such as PTPL, RUGL, NDWC, ZUWC and others. Akaru is an active member of the community and a council member, he was also a manager in some editions of DPL and DWCOP having won both sometime. We have experience and knowledge of the community to form a great team!
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: SV DOU, SV NatDex, SV UU, DPP and ADV

Last edited:

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Hugo
Time zone: +2 GMT
Significant time missed: nothing mayor
Co-manager name if applicable: eragon
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Konikoni Kingdras (seahorse = best horse)
Logo:
Koni3-fotor-bg-remover-20240409161127.png

(placeholder for now/real logo tbd)

Why should you be a Derby manager?:
We are back to finish what we started in Derby I, and that is to grab that win! Last time we set out to create a fun and enjoyable team thats was chill/fun but had also a good competitive atmosphere, which we did and wanna do again! Both Eragon and I know how to strike a great balance between the already known and esteblished players with the lesser known players, who still have the talent and skill but not the name. Both of us have also played on quite a few team tours (in and outside of doubles), meaning we know the tournament courtesies and how it all works but also how bad and good managing can look which are for us also learning experiences on how we want to manage our own teams, so far we think we have done that quite well. Last time we created together with our players that great team atmosphere which I talked about earlier which was not only competitive but also enjoymentwise a blast and we wanna create that magic once again. I would describe both of us as solid team players and overall I believe we are very qualified and can run a successful team. While I can't speak for Eragon and his managing experiences I can ofc talk about my own and so far in the last 2 tours I managed (Derby & UMPL) ive made it to finals both times and I know how to draft and support a team that gets results. And as a bonus, Eragon is from the US and im from the EU, meaning there will always be atleast one of us to support the team and resolve potential manager problems :)

What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: I have experience with DOU, DUU, DPP, ADV and Eragon has experience with DOU, Natdex, ADV, DPP.

Attachments

Name: Big Pichu
Time Zone: -5
Significant Time Missed: No
Co-Manager Name: Bagel
Team Name: Twinleaf Turboblaze
Logo:

twinleaves_turboblaze_test.png

Why should you be a manager:
I want to make derby a positive space for people to have fun, and I want to continue off of the vibes that we had last year. Bagel and I have a lot of experience in the tiers and have maintained a solid presence in the community. I think that a big part of whats exciting about Derby is the chance to let people's passion for lesser played tiers shine, and I want to cultivate an environment that allows players to thrive.

I think that both of us have demonstrated our ability to make a competitive environment a positive one with our involvement in team tours as well as our efforts in cultivating communities on the Smogon ecosystem.

What tiers do you have experience in:
I like DUU and I am a Natdex DOU TL
Bagel is a DOU TL and is good at most tiers.

Name: Toxinalpaca
Time zone: -4 (Toxin)
Significant time missed: none
Co-manager name if applicable:
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Red Spect Redemption (superior spectrier team)
red-spect-redemption.png

Credits to GenOne the fucking goat
Why should you be a Derby manager?: I’m back at it once again to lead Redemption to the glory land once again! Last season I was chosen to Co-manage redemption as I was very much trusted to do so by my team and I was able to lead them to the championship following Genone fighting fires. I have managed in the last DPL, and while I didn’t make it to playoffs, I believe in my managing skills to hit the playoff road here. With my skills, knowledge, and experience, I’ll try my hardest to get the redemption gold again!
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: ADV, SV, DPP, Natdex, and Duu

Last edited:

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Doubles Leader
Name: Big Pichu
Time Zone: -5
Significant Time Missed: No
Co-Manager Name: Bagel
Team Name: Twinleaf Turboblaze
Logo:

View attachment 631143
Why should you be a manager:
I want to make derby a positive space for people to have fun, and I want to continue off of the vibes that we had last year. Bagel and I have a lot of experience in the tiers and have maintained a solid presence in the community. I think that a big part of whats exciting about Derby is the chance to let people's passion for lesser played tiers shine, and I want to cultivate an environment that allows players to thrive.

I think that both of us have demonstrated our ability to make a competitive environment a positive one with our involvement in team tours as well as our efforts in cultivating communities on the Smogon ecosystem.

What tiers do you have experience in:
I like DUU and I am a Natdex DOU TL
Bagel is a DOU TL and is good at most tiers.
in

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
Name: Seraphz
Time zone: -3 (-6 for Akaru)
Co-manager name if applicable: Akaru Kokuyo
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Celestial Chargers
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one): soon
Why should you be a Derby manager?: I've played alot of DOU tours recently such as OSDT and DWCOP, made playoffs in OSDT and went positive in DWCOP aswell, I do also experience as a manager in other tournaments such as PTPL, RUGL, NDWC, ZUWC and others. Akaru is an active member of the community and a council member, he was also a manager in some editions of DPL and DWCOP having won both sometime. We have experience and knowledge of the community to form a great team!
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: SV DOU, SV NatDex, SV UU, DPP and ADV
Derrrbbbb (I confirm)

sundays

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: sundays
Time zone: +5.5
Significant time missed: n
Co-manager name if applicable: Loudwinner
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Buckhorn Rhyhorns
1000037458.jpg

1000037460.jpg

Why should you be a Derby manager?: We shadow-managed India to DWCoP Finals and also I have managed PSPL/TPP/HPL. Loudwinner and me have immaculate chemistry (bts only) and do promise to draft a solid team and foster a friendly competitive environment.
What Derby tiers do you have experience
with?: all except dlc

Name: sundays
Time zone: +5.5
Significant time missed: n
Co-manager name if applicable: Loudwinner
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Buckhorn Rhyhorns
View attachment 631598
View attachment 631599
Why should you be a Derby manager?: We shadow-managed India to DWCoP Finals and also I have managed PSPL/TPP/HPL. Loudwinner and me have immaculate chemistry (bts only) and do promise to draft a solid team and foster a friendly competitive environment.
What Derby tiers do you have experience
with?: all except dlc
I confirm (physique pfp promotion could have been avoided :/)

sir jelloton

DPL Champion
Name: sir jelloton
Time zone: GMT-5
Significant time missed: N/A
Co-manager name if applicable: Glimmer
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Gallop of the Gods
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one): pending
Why should you be a Derby manager?: I'm Knowledgeable and have had tour success in most of these tiers, but also I think my co-manager and I can do a good job of creating a fun team tour experience for our team and thats what matters. We are all just pals playing pokemon at the end of the day, aren't we?
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: All except duu

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: kaori
Time zone: -4
Co-manager name if applicable: xqiht
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Neigh Bark Town
Logo (you can signup before you get it, but you'll need one): tbd
Why should you be a Derby manager?: Plenty of experience managing team tours (DOU WCOP with a 2/2 playoff rate, DPL like 5 times, BSPL 3x, etc. etc.). Just won this last DPL and the US Central teams have done very well and built a good culture.
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: Myself: DUU, DPP xqiht: SV DOU, ND DOU
derbbbbbbb

NinjaSnapple

Hero in a half shell
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: NinjaSnapple
Time zone: GMT+1
Co-manager name if applicable: (will appoint a player as co-manager post draft)
Team brand (MUST BE HORSE THEMED): Zapapico Zebstrikas
Why should you be a Derby manager?: I have played in and helped support in a lot of team tournaments recently (NDFL, HGPL, AXPL, NDWC). I also have prior managing experience as I co-managed the Humilau City Hydreigons in the most recent iteration of DPL. I fully believe I will be able to draft a strong team given my familiarity with the DOU community as well as create a fun, friendly and competitive team environment.
What Derby tiers do you have experience with?: SV, Natdex, ADV, DPP

Last edited:

zoe

You told me to save me from a hell on earth
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)